Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Cowboys may have just entered the Trevor Lawrence Sweepstakes

LJpalmbeacher2

1 hour ago, LJpalmbeacher2 said:

... Dak was just carted off the field and he was in tears. It looked like a lower leg or probably knee injury. Don't  want to speculate. 

Wish Dak a healthy & speedy recovery.  

Dalton is their backup, I think, so he's  not too bad, a proven veteran. 

Dak's ankle looked nasty! I hate to see those kinds of injuries happen to good, talented players.

Dak has a serious compound fracture and dislocation in his ankle.  No question they tried to reduce the dislocation and fractured bones (on video, even Dak tried to do it, unsuccessfully) and stabilize it for transporting him to the hospital and receive surgical repair ASAP.

I hope there was no vascular or nerve damage that goes along with the broken bones. No matter what, the rehab road is long and gruesome. Good luck to him.

2 hours ago, ColtsBlueFL said:

Dak has a serious compound fracture and dislocation in his ankle.  No question they tried to reduce the dislocation and fractured bones and stabilize it for transporting him to the hospital and receive surgical repair ASAP.

I hope there was no vascular or nerve damage that goes along with the broken bones. No matter what, the rehab road is long and gruesome. Good luck to him.

If Dak is going to make it back to start week one in 2021,  he’s got 9 1/2 months until August 1st.   The surgery is this week.   Maybe last night?   Maybe Monday?    But the click for next year us already ticking. 

Here is the current draft order if it were to happen today.  Dallas is 19th.  Colts 18th.   

1 -NY Giants 0-5

2 -Atlanta 0-5

3 -NY Jets 0-5

4 -Washington 1-4 

5 -Minnesota 1-4 

6 -Jacksonville 1-4

7 -Houston 1-4 (goes to Miami)

8 -LA Chargers 1-3

9 -Detroit 1-3 

10 -Denver 1-3

Dak's ankle injury looked absolutely terrible. I feel bad for him because he's a great dude. Andy Dalton will win a few more games for them so they're out of reach for Lawrence in my opinion.

Jets, Giants, Washington and possibly Denver could be in line for Lawrence. Maybe even Atlanta if they can trade Matt Ryan.

On 10/11/2020 at 4:49 PM, LJpalmbeacher2 said:

... Dak was just carted off the field and he was in tears. It looked like a lower leg or probably knee injury. Don't  want to speculate. 

Wish Dak a healthy & speedy recovery.  

Dalton is their backup, I think, so he's  not too bad, a proven veteran. 

Honestly, I think they will be a better team. Dak is in a contract year and no doubt their  had to be some selfishness on his part to pad his stats. Now , they can committ to the run and use their best player; Elliot. It will allso protect their defence.

21 hours ago, pgt_rob said:

Dak's ankle injury looked absolutely terrible. I feel bad for him because he's a great dude. Andy Dalton will win a few more games for them so they're out of reach for Lawrence in my opinion.

Jets, Giants, Washington and possibly Denver could be in line for Lawrence. Maybe even Atlanta if they can trade Matt Ryan.

As long as it is not the Jags.  They are right there in the hunt.  Tenn and Houston need to take one for the division like we did and lose to the Jags.

1 -NY Giants 0-5

2 -Atlanta 0-5

3 -NY Jets 0-5

4 -Washington 1-4 

5 -Minnesota 1-4 

6 -Jacksonville 1-4

8 -LA Chargers 1-3

9 -Detroit 1-3 

10 -Denver 1-3

Dalton behind their line and with their WR's will have a nice strong run and improve his stock enough to get a nice contract next year. he bet on himself and went to a better team as a backup with hope to get a shot then start for a lesser team. He now has plenty of time to show his wares. Jets are bad with Bell back they likely win a couple games. Giants could well get the pick but cant see Lawrence being in play if they get #1 pick, Atlanta has too much wr talent to not be above both those clubs at the end of the day.  Chargers best 1-4 team Ive seen in a long time.

44 minutes ago, holeymoley99 said:

. Giants could well get the pick but cant see Lawrence being in play if they get #1 pick

i think he would have to be in play, party because i dont see an astronomical trade happening this year.  too risky to give up that much

my useless prediction is whoever gets #1 keeps it and drafts TL, even Atlanta.  i think its  no brainier pick for the giants, jets, and Washington but they wont sell the farm to move up

he may not declare though 

1 hour ago, Myles said:

As long as it is not the Jags.  They are right there in the hunt.  Tenn and Houston need to take one for the division like we did and lose to the Jags.

1 -NY Giants 0-5

2 -Atlanta 0-5

3 -NY Jets 0-5

4 -Washington 1-4 

5 -Minnesota 1-4 

6 -Jacksonville 1-4

8 -LA Chargers 1-3

9 -Detroit 1-3 

10 -Denver 1-3

Yeah, I could see the Jags beating us again. lol. So that would hopefully put them out of reach too. I think Washington makes a strong case for him since they are obviously done with who they have at QB. And Alex Smith is just a feel good story for the year. Good to see him back out there after his injury but they can't rely on him at all.

43 minutes ago, pgt_rob said:

Yeah, I could see the Jags beating us again. lol. So that would hopefully put them out of reach too. I think Washington makes a strong case for him since they are obviously done with who they have at QB. And Alex Smith is just a feel good story for the year. Good to see him back out there after his injury but they can't rely on him at all.

If I am the Colts, if they do not bring back Rivers in 2021, go with Eason and see if you can sign Alex Smith for a backup. WFT has an out in 2021 for his contract and might let him go:

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/washington-football-team/alex-smith-3337/

Let us at least see what we have with what I would call is an upgraded backup over JB in Alex Smith if I had to choose one in the off season.

1 hour ago, chad72 said:

If I am the Colts, if they do not bring back Rivers in 2021, go with Eason and see if you can sign Alex Smith for a backup. WFT has an out in 2021 for his contract and might let him go:

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/washington-football-team/alex-smith-3337/

Let us at least see what we have with what I would call is an upgraded backup over JB in Alex Smith if I had to choose one in the off season.

Yeah, he is a good guy too.  

I would also go after Rosen as a backup or practice squad guy.  He's currently on the Tampa PS.  

He's just a couple years removed from being what many said was the best QB in the draft.   Went to a crappy Arizona team then to a crappy Miami team.   I'm not saying he will be good, but if he has a chip on his shoulder he may be a good back up QB with future starting potential.   Only if he can be had for cheap, of course.

3 minutes ago, Myles said:

Yeah, he is a good guy too.  

I would also go after Rosen as a backup or practice squad guy.  He's currently on the Tampa PS.  

He's just a couple years removed from being what many said was the best QB in the draft.   Went to a crappy Arizona team then to a crappy Miami team.   I'm not saying he will be good, but if he has a chip on his shoulder he may be a good back up QB with future starting potential.   Only if he can be had for cheap, of course.

Alex Smith went through several OCs in his career, like Andrew Luck did early on, before having his best year with Andy Reid. That is why he is an excellent candidate for a backup QB, IMO. Whatever you pay, you know you will get a professional with a high aptitude level that can understand an offense well because he has been through several of them. That is the kind of guy I want backing us up, just like with Matt Hasselback.

Giants are all in with Daniel Jones, unless he totally collapses they arent going to have two young top 10 drafted QB's battling it out. I dont think a trade for the top pick any less likely then any other year. Now Atlanta with an aging Matty Ice yes, Jets and Darnold being a mess yes for sure, Wash yes, Minnesota with Cousins again yes, Jags def yes Minshew a great story not a franchise qb though, Detroit yes, Chargers a big no Herbert is for real.

IMO, the teams that are in desperate need of a QB are the Jets, Giants, Skins, and us. I’m sure someone unexpected will try to reach for Lawrence, but I think it’s a three-way race between the two NY teams and Washington for Lawrence...maybe the Jags too, if they get tired of Minshew

6 hours ago, aaron11 said:

that would be like the colts passing on Luck to stick with painter.  Jones isnt even a top 25 QB, they wont give up an Andrew luck like prospect for that

There was several people that thought the Colts should take RG3 but glad they didn't 

Jones was picked #6 overall just last year while painter was pick 201...lol   Jones threw 24 tds vs only 12 ints as a rookie for a Giants team with a bad O line and banged up WR's...Painter 6 career tds vs 13 ints for his career....Jones compl % 61% while Painter is 51%...there is nothing Jones and Painter have in common...apples vs rotten oranges....lol

On 10/14/2020 at 9:43 AM, holeymoley99 said:

Giants are all in with Daniel Jones, unless he totally collapses they arent going to have two young top 10 drafted QB's battling it out. I dont think a trade for the top pick any less likely then any other year. Now Atlanta with an aging Matty Ice yes, Jets and Darnold being a mess yes for sure, Wash yes, Minnesota with Cousins again yes, Jags def yes Minshew a great story not a franchise qb though, Detroit yes, Chargers a big no Herbert is for real.

I agree that the Giants are sticking with Jones. They will trade out their pick for more picks IMO.

I don't think the Vikings can afford to do anything with Cousins but play him. I don't think another team will take on that contract. 

As far as Minshew the Jags do think he is a franchise QB. Jags losing games is not on Minshew. 

In 16 games he has 3,987 yds, 26 tds, 8 picks and a rating of 93. 

For a 1st year QB those are great numbers. 

On 10/12/2020 at 7:25 AM, pgt_rob said:

Atlanta 2021 cap hit looks to me to be  44 million if they trade Ryan. So I think the question isn't "if" they can trade him . Another team would have him for 2 years at around 40 million total. So it would be a good deal for a team that traded for him.

Atlanta's cap room for 2021 is 30th out of the 32 teams . They're presently looking at about 20 mill over the cap now. So probably would be tough to field a team if they traded Ryan.

6 hours ago, dw49 said:

Atlanta 2021 cap hit looks to me to be  44 million if they trade Ryan. So I think the question isn't "if" they can trade him . Another team would have him for 2 years at around 40 million total. So it would be a good deal for a team that traded for him.

Atlanta's cap room for 2021 is 30th out of the 32 teams . They're presently looking at about 20 mill over the cap now. So probably would be tough to field a team if they traded Ryan.

IMO Atlanta will win a few games. I don't know where they will pick but it won't be in the top 3-5. 

I think the coaching change will help them more than trading Ryan. 

The Jets are *way* too bad to concede the 1st overall pick. They got shutdown to Ryan Fitzpatrick and the Dolphins! The Jets are entering into that weird grey area of "could a college team beat them" shenanigans.

I feel sorry for Frank Gore on the Jets who has to beat himself up over this sorry excuse of a team.

On 10/12/2020 at 1:12 AM, ColtsBlueFL said:

Dak has a serious compound fracture and dislocation in his ankle.  No question they tried to reduce the dislocation and fractured bones (on video, even Dak tried to do it, unsuccessfully) and stabilize it for transporting him to the hospital and receive surgical repair ASAP.

If Teddy recovered, Dak should too. Teddy almost lost his leg. I hope he makes a full recovery. 

I don't think anyone is beating out the Jets for the #1 pick. That is the only thing the Jets are winning this year. I recall how excited the fanbase was for Darnold. To give up on him now is terrible but Lawrence seems too good to give up. I would not mind my team trading for Darnold. However, he is injured or sick too often. 

I hope the Vikes draft a QB. These stopgap QBs are not the answer for us.

7 hours ago, NFLfan said:

If Teddy recovered, Dak should too. Teddy almost lost his leg. I hope he makes a full recovery. 

Fortunately they had reduced Teddy's knee dislocation quickly, stabilized it, and transported him. That fast action reduced vascular and/or nerve damage so his remarkable recovery was possible.  It's a good story.

Dak actually tried to 'self-reduce' his own dislocation / fracture on the field (I saw him bang it on the turf twice) before the refs and med team got there.  I'm not sure Dak was successful, but the medical staff very likely was before stabilizing it and putting on a protective boot/cast before transporting him. Since he was released fairly quickly after his surgery, I feel there is little concern for any nerve/vascular issues. My concern then shifts more toward potential infection(s).  Also, was there an open element to the fracture (not much info out there on that I can find) that increases that possibility. If all goes well, I believe we are looking at 6 - 8 months here.

I'll have to check Dr Chao's site(s) and see his input.

Archived