Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts @ Bears Game Day Thread, October 4, 2020, 4:25pm ET

NFLfan

• Replies 900
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, krunk said:

Now if Ballard had been following PFF grades from last year we would have never picked up Rhodes.

You have to ignore PFF when there's injury issues. It's still reliable as a performance grade, but not as an indicator of future performance. 

• NFLfan locked this topic
  • NFLfan unpinned this topic
  • NFLfan unfeatured this topic

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

This topic is now closed to further replies.
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.

• Popular Now

• Thread of the Week

• Topics

• A team cannot not pay somebody dollars they were guaranteed in their contract.  Nope.   A team can not pay somebody dollars that aren’t guaranteed.  Yep.  That *is* honoring the contract.   Name me one player who got stiffed by a team for guaranteed dollars (for anything other than just cause…like legal stuff, failed drug tests, etc).
    • I'd be fine with the Colts saying 'no, we'll talk after this season.' I don't know if it's the best way to handle it, but I'd get it. Every team wants to avoid setting a precedent of renegotiating a player contract with two years remaining. And in Kenny's case, they showed good faith in extending him after two years. It's not like they've hard-lined him and other players, they're generally pro player in contract situations.   But I absolutely get where Kenny is coming from, and it's simple business. It's also something the Colts have not been affected by very much.
    • The contract is not one-sided. Guarantees are not one-sided. Both parties agreed to it. This includes the possibility of him getting cut or getting injured and cut. This is all in the contract and he agreed to it when he signed it. My problem is not with him trying to "maximize his earning potential". My problem is with his play. If he'd played well, I wouldn't mind us giving him more money and keeping him longer.    Kenny Moore didn't play bad in just those 2 games. Just like Wentz didn't play bad in just those 2 games. Just those 2 games happen to focus the attention of Colts fans.   I have no problem with players getting paid or holding out in order to get what they deserve. I had no problem with Aaron Rodgers holding out to get paid. Do you know why? Because he was the freaking MVP of the league two years in a row and he deserved to get paid.      Well... it's not the only way he can. He has obviously made his wishes known in other ways before this and he has received pushback from the FO... otherwise he wouldn't be "soft" holding out. But again - no problem with any player holding out... I just don't believe it's warranted in this case, as his play doesn't convince me he deserves what he's asking for. 
    • The difference when you here Foles and Ryan speak is night and day from what he got from Wentz.    
    • I never judge a player for wanting more money.    But honestly, I am more intrigued to see how Ballard handles this. He hasn't really dealt with this situation.   I believe there were rumors of Ebron wanting a big extension after his 2018 season (only one year into his deal), but it was never made public. So who knows if it was true. Though given how quickly everything soured with Ebron, I wouldn't be surprised either way.   But Moore isn't Ebron either. 
  • Members

• compuls1v3

compuls1v3 1,033

• Solid84

Solid84 588

• Clem-Dog

Clem-Dog 155

• brently76

brently76 54

• aReggie7

aReggie7 580

• stitches