NFLfan

• Replies 900
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, Scott Pennock said:

First 55 minutes.....3 points

Prevent defense.......8 points in 2 minutes

I. Hate. Prevent. Defense.

At some point in every game the clock becomes the biggest issue.   So we could give up points if it chewed up the clock.   It’s a trade-off.  

I’d agree if it was a closer game, but we led by 16.   Just saying... 

1 minute ago, NFLfan said:

Thank Bill O'Brien. He has destroyed that team. Their defense may be worse than the Vikings defense. 

How dare you attack BOBVery Funny Reaction GIF

1 minute ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

We needed this win because the Browns are really good offensively, next week isn't automatic. I will take 3-1 through 4 weeks. We are now in good shape moving forward. Only complaint I have is, we need to execute in the RedZone better and get TD's instead of FG's but we will figure it out.

They got lucky this week

I’m proud of the Colts defense today.  This is a good win to beat a Bears team at Soldier Field in a defensive battle.  

Credit to Rivers for playing within himself and protecting the football.  I like how he has been playing the past three weeks. Hopefully that continues. 

Nice to get back to winning again on the road.  Let’s build on this momentum. 

17 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

The bears have a great defense and we do too. We should be proud we won a defensive battle like that.

Taylors vision and patience is getting better. Very much improved this game.

Anyone know of an update to his injury?

10 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

We needed this win because the Browns are really good offensively, next week isn't automatic. I will take 3-1 through 4 weeks. We are now in good shape moving forward. Only complaint I have is, we need to execute in the RedZone better and get TD's instead of FG's but we will figure it out.

They should be good. I mean dang, they’ve only drafted top 5 for the last 30 years

1 minute ago, EastStreet said:

The Browns, by far, have the best OL we've faced so far this year, and the best O weapons (Chubb, Hunt, Beckham, Landry, Hooper).

They're the first real test for our D.

I had OBJ in my Yahoo FF league and fortunately I've been riding him out because he absolutely dominated today with 40+ points.  It will be a big test for the Colts for sure. 

13 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

The Browns, by far, have the best OL we've faced so far this year, and the best O weapons (Chubb, Hunt, Beckham, Landry, Hooper).

The Colts stopped Justin Jefferson. I recall that you thought he played poorly. Perhaps it was the Colts Defense that stopped him. He has shined since then. He looks like he could be a star. 

Don't dismiss your defense. :)

The way the bears went down the field during the last two minute was saddening. Before that series the media talk was about. How the bears had throw and how Colts had a chance to get after the QB and make some stops. Colts didn't even lay a finger on the QB ans Bears were able to drive the field for a touchdown. Depressing to say the least.

26 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

Chubb got hurt today. This will be our first test of a high flying offense though. We need to get pressure of baker and make him make mistakes. We will need to score more points too.

1 hour ago, Wyldhorsefan said:

The way the bears went down the field during the last two minute was saddening. Before that series the media talk was about. How the bears had throw and how Colts had a chance to get after the QB and make some stops. Colts didn't even lay a finger on the QB ans Bears were able to drive the field for a touchdown. Depressing to say the least.

Not sure they were doing anything more than keep man in front of them then tackle. Last drive was garbage time.

1 hour ago, Malakai432 said:

I had OBJ in my Yahoo FF league and fortunately I've been riding him out because he absolutely dominated today with 40+ points.  It will be a big test for the Colts for sure. 

He and Landry are no joke if "on" with Mayfield.

1 hour ago, NFLfan said:

The Colts stopped Justin Jefferson. I recall that you thought he played poorly. Perhaps it was the Colts Defense that stopped him. He has shined since then. He looks like he could be a star. 

Don't dismiss your defense. :)

I love JJ. I think he's just getting his feet wet early season. The problem for him vs the Colts was Cousins more than JJ IMO. Not sure we'll be in the backfield near as much vs the Browns.

56 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

Chubb got hurt today. This will be our first test of a high flying offense though. We need to get pressure of baker and make him make mistakes. We will need to score more points too.

They still have 307 yards on the ground, 264 if you take Chubb's yardage away. They won't do that against our run D, but they're still dangerous with Hunt and DJ. DJ out of USF is a dangerous guy. He was ironically sitting behind Marlon Mack for a few years. 

4 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

He and Landry are no joke if "on" with Mayfield.

I love JJ. I think he's just getting his feet wet early season. The problem for him vs the Colts was Cousins more than JJ IMO. Not sure we'll be in the backfield near as much vs the Browns.

They still have 307 yards on the ground, 264 if you take Chubb's yardage away. They won't do that against our run D, but they're still dangerous with Hunt and DJ. DJ out of USF is a dangerous guy. He was ironically sitting behind Marlon Mack for a few years. 

Something  to watch is baker isn’t a tall guy. Buckner in his face could be a issue with batted  balls. 

2 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

Something  to watch is baker isn’t a tall guy. Buckner in his face could be a issue with batted  balls. 

If our DL does well vs their OL, I'll start to buy the hype about our D. 

Buckner should have success regardless, but I'm talking overall pressures.

3 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

I’m not knocking Blackmon.   I love the kid.   But some here are over-stating his case, primarily because they don’t like Hooker.  

I feel you. I don’t hate Hooker. To be honest, he flashed very similarly his rookie season.  That knee injury really derailed his growth. 

• NFLfan locked this topic
  • NFLfan unpinned this topic
  • NFLfan unfeatured this topic

Archived