Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Its still weird calling Redskins Football Team

danlhart87

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, danlhart87 said:

I really hope they land on a good name next year but I can't help but laugh when I hear:

Great win by Football Team!

What a solid effort by Football Team!

1st Down Football Team!

Sack and Football Team has the football!

TOUCHDOWN FOOTBALL TEAM!

I just call them Washington, as I would say Green Bay or New England. I don't say the Green Bay team. I just say Green Bay.

On 9/15/2020 at 11:50 PM, ReMeDy said:

I remember reading they may just stick with the name they have now. We'll see.

I hope they do.   This is what I wanted when they first caved to the pressure.  

Could they get away with:

The Skins

The Pigskins

In some ways it has grown on me.  Sounds “old-timey.”

”The Washington Football Team.”  

It puts the emphasis on the home location.... Washington.  

There’s actually probably a unique marketing angle that could be inventive, progressive, and refreshing........: thenagain, its Dan Snyder.

9 hours ago, WoolMagnet said:

There’s actually probably a unique marketing angle that could be inventive, progressive, and refreshing........: thenagain, its Dan Snyder.

I actually like it to.

I do know they will sell a lot of extra merch.

Sell remaining on old merch(cause some will want to buy it for nostalgia)

Sell The Football Team merch(season or 2)

Then change to new name and sell that merch, everyone will want to get the Football Team Merch then for nostalgia.

Major money making going on.

On 9/19/2020 at 9:15 AM, WoolMagnet said:

Honestly in Europe most teams don't have mascots or anything like that.  They just call themselves things like Chelsea FC.  (FC standing for Football Club)

I think if Washington just started calling themselves "Washington FC or Washington AFC (for American Football Club) it would be cool.  I am guessing they will come up with a team name though.  

• 2 weeks later...

It’s gonna be strange & uncomfortable if and when Washington brings in some of it’s Hall of Fame players or other historical greats like Joe Theismann, Doug Williams or John Riggins for accolades, but expects them to embrace the new team name or deny the one they achieved their fame under.

1 hour ago, horseshoecrabs said:

I think that the false news channel like "CNN and others have created  a must comply with leftest democrat's  view 

on how to comply on peoples right to disagree. They want you to feel that you  have no opinion on the matter. and if you don't agree then you are a bigot

Only a long term bigot would insist on keeping the racist name. If he owned a baseball a team in the old Negro Baseball League what would his team be named?

2 minutes ago, King Colt said:

Tell that to the American Indian Nation.

Typical hog wash that our society as decided out of the blue that the past is bad no more statues of the founding 

fathers, and if it is not presented in a positive past then we should destroy that past history part. because it's offensive 

I call it selective history to heaven forbid not embarrass anyone about what the past history was.  What's next ?

there was no Roman Empire or Spanish inquisition, or  American revaluation ,  or world war 1 or 2?, because we ended world war 2  by the atomic bomb? Or they were not Hebrews in Mosses time that were slaves' in bondage.  Every race, even the  so called White race  were at some point slaves or in bondage to the society at some point in history . so my point every Race , religious belief, etc.,,, were in bondage at some point in time. So do we just wipe all of this out of history? or do we learn from our mistakes of the past  and move on.   

'

28 minutes ago, King Colt said:

Only a long term bigot would insist on keeping the racist name. If he owned a baseball a team in the old Negro Baseball League what would his team be named?

King Colt , I resent  your bigot implications because number one you don't know me , and I doubt very much you are of American heritage.  So unless you speak for the  American Indians, that by the way have a much better case for why they are not the  minority , since this is their land  then all races should just give them back that what were there's' I would not have any trouble in complying to them Would You?

21 minutes ago, horseshoecrabs said:

King Colt , I resent  your bigot implications because number one you don't know me

Pretty sure he was talking about the original Redskins owner and not you.

Either way lets clean it up in here. Not even to sure the thread needs to stay open.? It just invites back and forth that is toeing the line.

5 hours ago, horseshoecrabs said:

King Colt , I resent  your bigot implications because number one you don't know me , and I doubt very much you are of American heritage.  So unless you speak for the  American Indians, that by the way have a much better case for why they are not the  minority , since this is their land  then all races should just give them back that what were there's' I would not have any trouble in complying to them Would You?

I don't need a weatherman to tell me it's raining. I don't speak for any race rather against racism.

On 9/15/2020 at 11:39 PM, danlhart87 said:

I think they had a few names in mind I do wonder what they end up being 2021.

Part of me thinks that Snyder just might be playing a waiting game before he goes back to Redskins.  How long does this really take to find a name? 

NBA commissioner said that they will not have any of that social messaging in their unis and games next season.  Sort of addressed the issue when the iron was hot, but now going back to simply playing basketball.

I don't think Snyder will do that, but I would not be entirely surprised if it happened.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived