Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Larry Warford released

I would expect an all pro RG would not be a top priority for Ballard right now.  Warford will receive many offers so his price will be expensive and we have not even extended Kelly who will receive a large contract eventually as well.  Glowinski is no Warford but I don't see Ballard thinking we absolutely need to sign this player.  ER is still our biggest need right now and if we sign another veteran that is where I am expecting it to happen.  

23 minutes ago, richard pallo said:

I would expect an all pro RG would not be a top priority for Ballard right now.  Warford will receive many offers so his price will be expensive and we have not even extended Kelly who will receive a large contract eventually as well.  Glowinski is no Warford but I don't see Ballard thinking we absolutely need to sign this player.  ER is still our biggest need right now and if we sign another veteran that is where I am expecting it to happen.  

Agreed 

I think the only way this happen is if Ballard can sell him on a one-year deal so that he can enter FA again next year when more teams still have their cap space...which might be in Warford’s best interest anyway.

I can’t see Ballard giving him a big contract with 3 of his OL players needing deals in the next 1-2 years...but a one-year deal could certainly work. 

But Warford would definitely fit...and it’s easy to see him having a big year playing between Kelly and Smith...which will set him up nicely for next March...with the Colts getting a nice comp pick.

1 hour ago, richard pallo said:

Yeah...an ER would be nice. I wish there was someone available who could play that strong side DE spot.

28 minutes ago, Luck2Hilton4TD said:

An interesting strategy the Colts could pursue in signing Warford is to restructure Glowinski which would save 2M on the cap where he is currently counting at 6.9M.  He would then become our veteran backup on the OL for the guard spot.  If he was good with that they could even extend him a year.  

6 hours ago, richard pallo said:

An interesting strategy the Colts could pursue in signing Warford is to restructure Glowinski which would save 2M on the cap where he is currently counting at 6.9M.  He would then become our veteran backup on the OL for the guard spot.  If he was good with that they could even extend him a year.  

Good article.  Those video clips of Warford’s run blocking sold me.  He would make our O line even better and even more physical.

Man. I really want this to happen. We already have arguably THE best OL in the league with the guys we already have. 

we have one....ONE weak link. And even Glow is not a bad OL. He was a lot better the year before than he was this past season. He definitely had a down year. I’m just saying. He was Pretty good a couple years ago for us. 

Adding Warford Pushes Glow to the Roll of our main backup O-Lineman. Solves a lot of our depth issues for sure. It’d be nice if (knock on wood) But if a guy can’t go, us to be able to throw Glow out there for a week or 2. 

So... Adding Larry Warford......Yeah. It’s on. We’d have HANDS DOWN. HANDS DOWN The BEST offensive line in the NFL. Maybe even the best OL ThE NFL has seen in  recent history as I totally expect Braden Smith to take another big step forward in becoming one of the best RT’s in the league. I’ve seen some articles saying they view Smith as a potential Breakout pro bowler. OMG I’m getting so jacked thinking about our line with big Warf.  

Castanzo - Nelson - Kelly - Warford - Smith

LOL. YEAH. Come get some !!!!! 

Rivers is going to have so much time, and he gets rid of the ball quick anyway. He’s never had an OL like the one he’s about to have with us. I am looking for Rivers to be talked about A LOT on all the talk shows and all over NFL network all season long. I think he’s about to have one of the best years of his career playing behind the best line in the NFL, having a 2 headed monster Of Mack and Taylor at RB, an all around offensive weapon in Hines. Two really solid TE’s in Doyle and Burton. And a really good group of WR’s in Pittman, TY, Campbell, Pascall. 

Final thoughts. Adding Warford is like giving steroids to a Pittbull. Or like giving even more steroids to Brock Lesnar. 

Make this happen CB. 

Warford would be a huge upgrade over Glowinski as Glowinski really struggled last season. Pff gave Warford a 73.1 grade and gave Glowinski a 60.5.......If Ballard signs Warford, Mack and Taylor would eat big behind this line. AC, Big nasty, Kellz, War, and Braden. Mack and Taylor might get 1100 1200 each behind this line. 

19 hours ago, COLTS449 said:

Man. I really want this to happen. We already have arguably THE best OL in the league with the guys we already have. 

we have one....ONE weak link. And even Glow is not a bad OL. He was a lot better the year before than he was this past season. He definitely had a down year. I’m just saying. He was Pretty good a couple years ago for us. 

Adding Warford Pushes Glow to the Roll of our main backup O-Lineman. Solves a lot of our depth issues for sure. It’d be nice if (knock on wood) But if a guy can’t go, us to be able to throw Glow out there for a week or 2. 

So... Adding Larry Warford......Yeah. It’s on. We’d have HANDS DOWN. HANDS DOWN The BEST offensive line in the NFL. Maybe even the best OL ThE NFL has seen in  recent history as I totally expect Braden Smith to take another big step forward in becoming one of the best RT’s in the league. I’ve seen some articles saying they view Smith as a potential Breakout pro bowler. OMG I’m getting so jacked thinking about our line with big Warf.  

Castanzo - Nelson - Kelly - Warford - Smith

LOL. YEAH. Come get some !!!!! 

Rivers is going to have so much time, and he gets rid of the ball quick anyway. He’s never had an OL like the one he’s about to have with us. I am looking for Rivers to be talked about A LOT on all the talk shows and all over NFL network all season long. I think he’s about to have one of the best years of his career playing behind the best line in the NFL, having a 2 headed monster Of Mack and Taylor at RB, an all around offensive weapon in Hines. Two really solid TE’s in Doyle and Burton. And a really good group of WR’s in Pittman, TY, Campbell, Pascall. 

Final thoughts. Adding Warford is like giving steroids to a Pittbull. Or like giving even more steroids to Brock Lesnar. 

Make this happen CB. 

I love your energy, man! lol

2 hours ago, COLTS449 said:

Forgot to mention Larry is a UK guy. So that makes this all the more exciting for me. Please make this happen. 

After thinking about it, there are probably 5-6 teams that could afford him

We could

Last year, our weak link was Glowinsnki...... it’s easily seen

To me, you get rare chances to establish a dominant running attack.

We have all the pieces...... with the possible exception of RG

I can remember Emmit Smith not getting hit until he was 3-4 yards past the LOS

Everyone knew he was getting the ball.....

This pickup at RG would put us on par with that Dallas tline that won the SB

We can also go into a cold January KC , Buffalo, Baltimore, or NE stadium, and run the ball and win the game......  

I’m for it :)

I’d support it.  Can’t see it happening if too long of a deal as the Colts have their own guys I imagine they want to pay and keep for years to come.   A powerful running game with an established veteran like Rivers could be deadly and win anywhere.

I’m also on the Clowney train, but if had to choose between the two, I’d take the OL boost

18 minutes ago, Nate! said:

I’m also on the Clowney train, but if had to choose between the two, I’d take the OL boost

A power running game would have a bigger impact

We also are VERY thin on OL depth

This fixes that problem as well as Glow could back up the interior line

It would be a twofer 

1 hour ago, Nate! said:

I’d support it.  Can’t see it happening if too long of a deal as the Colts have their own guys I imagine they want to pay and keep for years to come.   A powerful running game with an established veteran like Rivers could be deadly and win anywhere.

I'm on the Clowney train too but if I had to choose it would be Clowney.  We know how hard it is to find ER's.  We even had to sign Houston to get one and he's on the last year of his contract and is 31 years old just like FA ER Griffin.  We have Glowinski signed for two more years.  That said Ballard loves building through the trenches on both sides of the ball so a signing is possible but either one is a real long shot IMO. 

3 minutes ago, richard pallo said:

That is very affordable.  Glowinski's current cap hit is 6.9M.  I was expecting much higher.  I can't believe Ballard wouldn't be interested at that figure.  He should get signed very quickly.

Agreed. Although, I can see that being the starting point to bring teams to the table and start a bidding war, with the goal of landing an even richer contract.

On 5/10/2020 at 2:25 AM, Coltsman1788 said:

I want this guy.  He is a mauler in the run game.  He fits the mentality of our Oline.  Warford is a definite upgrade over Glowinski.  Adding him would allow Glowinski to be considered solid depth where he honestly would help us the most.  

Quoted the wrong post, my bad

On 5/9/2020 at 7:32 PM, richard pallo said:

Interesting idea but I don't see Glowinski agreeing to restructure his contract to allow his team to sign his replacement.

47 minutes ago, UKColt13 said:

Interesting idea but I don't see Glowinski agreeing to restructure his contract to allow his team to sign his replacement.

They don't need him to restructure the contract to sign his replacement.  They have the cap space.  It would be done to lower his cap hit if they wanted to go that route.  Glow would get the 2M now and his new cap hit would be more in line for a veteran backup.  

On 5/9/2020 at 7:25 PM, Coltsman1788 said:

I want this guy.  He is a mauler in the run game.  He fits the mentality of our Oline.  Warford is a definite upgrade over Glowinski.  Adding him would allow Glowinski to be considered solid depth where he honestly would help us the most.  

How much money and assets do u want to put unit the O line? Enough is enough. The only player that should replacing anyone on the O line is someone who is young, cheaper, but an ascending talent. A guy like Pinter.

14 minutes ago, Thunderbolt said:

This guy is 6'3" 333 lbs.  I don't think he can move with the running game since his this big...Also there must be reason why NO cut him.  Hmmm, credibility issues?

He was a cap casualty. Plus they drafted Cesar Ruiz in the 1st round. 

Archived