Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Larry Warford released

28 minutes ago, Moosejawcolt said:

How much money and assets do u want to put unit the O line? Enough is enough. The only player that should replacing anyone on the O line is someone who is young, cheaper, but an ascending talent. A guy like Pinter.

At this point I don’t think Warford will break the bank.  If Ballard was inclined to I think he could sign him to a one year deal to give him a chance to reestablish his value.  Just because our Oline is pretty good doesn’t mean that it can’t be improved on.  Glowinski’s spot could be upgraded. 

This makes too much sense for us, especially for a year where we are “all in”. If he wants 7M a year then I don’t see why we can’t give him a 3 or 4 year Front-loaded deal. That’s extremely affordable. Imagine having borderline pro-bowl and all-pro talent across the entire line with Jonathan Taylor carrying the rock. 

I doubt they make this move.  They probably feel like Pinter is enough competition for Glowinski.  I like the player but I think they'll probably stay with what they've got.  The main thing they wanted to improve was our depth.  He didn't seem to indicate he wanted to make any changes to the starting lineup. 

22 minutes ago, krunk said:

I doubt they make this move.  They probably feel like Pinter is enough competition for Glowinski.  I like the player but I think they'll probably stay with what they've got.  The main thing they wanted to improve was our depth.  He didn't seem to indicate he wanted to make any changes to the starting lineup. 

I don't see it happening either, but it's not a bad move if they do make it. 

Barring something the public doesn't know, like some degenerative condition, an attitude issue or something else unknown, Warford would improve any team, including this one. That said, I still say they need a quality veteran backup tackle to improve on Clark in that spot more than a quality interior lineman like Warford.

But yes, he would improve this team.

On ‎5‎/‎9‎/‎2020 at 11:39 PM, OhioColt said:

Love to see the Colts add Warford would be an upgrade at RG.  Still leaves a big backup hole at center imo.  

Is Pinter considered our "back-up center"? I wonder.

19 hours ago, 07dleigh said:

Is Pinter considered our "back-up center"? I wonder.

Even though he played RT at Ball State the Colts have him listed as a guard. 

No mention of the center position but that don't mean he may turn out a little like Joe Haeg?  That would be real nice if he could for sure.

3 hours ago, crazycolt1 said:

Even though he played RT at Ball State the Colts have him listed as a guard. 

No mention of the center position but that don't mean he may turn out a little like Joe Haeg?  That would be real nice if he could for sure.

I don't know where I'm remembering hearing "we think he can play some center also" from. I feel like CB said that somewhere. Maybe I'm just imagining this haha. Either way, I hope our 5 can stay healthy. I am, like everyone, worried about the decline if someone goes down.

1 hour ago, 07dleigh said:

I don't know where I'm remembering hearing "we think he can play some center also" from. I feel like CB said that somewhere. Maybe I'm just imagining this haha. Either way, I hope our 5 can stay healthy. I am, like everyone, worried about the decline if someone goes down.

Ballard did say the Colts feel Pinter can play center in a pinch.

On 5/21/2020 at 5:31 AM, ColtJax said:

I hope we seriously have some interest, because the talk here in Jacksonville is that the Jags have interest in him and Ryan Logan. 

I thought Logan Ryan was close to a deal with the Jets. Thats the last I heard about Ryan. 

One thing to keep in mind is whether or not the cap is significantly impacted by the potential for games being played in empty stadiums. If so, teams are going to be more cautious with their spending from here on out. It has to put a damper on signing long term deals, and makes one year contracts for players like Warford and Clowney more likely. And that would play into the Colts’ hand perfectly. 

• 3 weeks later...

Archived