Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts team most interested in Reagor

I really like Reagor. He is faster than his 40 time indicates. He has big play ability.

He doesn't have a great size though and the Colts are lacking that in the offense now. (with the loss of both Funchess and Ebron at TE) If he reaches his potential though it will not matter.

1 hour ago, DownHillRunner said:

What does Reagor do that Campbell cannot do? Campbell's 40 was faster than Reagor's as well. I see the exact same player. I feel like this team already have enough receivers like Reagor. If you want Reagor you better draft Higgins, Pittman Jr, or Mims to go along with him. 

Maybe stay healthy?

1 hour ago, DownHillRunner said:

What does Reagor do that Campbell cannot do? Campbell's 40 was faster than Reagor's as well. I see the exact same player. I feel like this team already have enough receivers like Reagor. If you want Reagor you better draft Higgins, Pittman Jr, or Mims to go along with him. 

Campbell and Reagor may look the same, but they are very different. Campbell is a true deep threat, whereas Reagor is a guy more along the lines of TY, getting open down low and making moves from there. Not to mention that, regardless of him being under 6 foot, he highpoints the ball as well as anyone in the class. Pinning him as a deep threat only is crazy. 

Also, Reagor struggled at the combine, but at his pro day, it is said he ran a 4.22. He came to the combine overweight and underprepared. He’s faster than Campbell on tape though. 

I would also like to get a WR with size but I feel the need for different sizes at WR is sometimes overblown. At the end of the day a WR needs separation and hands. Those traits have proven to be by far the most important indicators for success.... So if they think Reagor is the guy then I'm on board. 

53 minutes ago, coltsfanej said:

I would also like to get a WR with size but I feel the need for different sizes at WR is sometimes overblown. At the end of the day a WR needs separation and hands. Those traits have proven to be by far the most important indicators for success.... So if they think Reagor is the guy then I'm on board. 

Right now though we have no one as a red zone threat. That is so important when you get down towards the goal line.

I will never understand why people get so caught up in having a perfectly complimentary group for THIS YEAR.  You take the better player, period.  Size and red zone ability would be great, but you dont force it.  That's how you end up with crappy players.  I'd be thrilled with Reagor.

I wouldn't mind Reagor.  He seems to be a pretty electric playmaker.

Reminds me of a taller mix of Tyreek Hill and Santana Moss the way he moves.

Looks like he could play multiple spots.  Seems to be very good on the deep ball,he makes contested catches, and I like the way he runs after the catch. 

We could get him and another big body receiver out the same draft.

5 foot 11 is not bad.  He's taller than TY.  More like Reggie Wayne size.

We need more playmakers.  Bites us in the butt everytime TY goes down.

Pick this kid up and then grab a guy like Van Jefferson to go along with him maybe. 

8 hours ago, WarGhost21 said:

Campbell and Reagor may look the same, but they are very different. Campbell is a true deep threat, whereas Reagor is a guy more along the lines of TY, getting open down low and making moves from there. Not to mention that, regardless of him being under 6 foot, he highpoints the ball as well as anyone in the class. Pinning him as a deep threat only is crazy. 

Also, Reagor struggled at the combine, but at his pro day, it is said he ran a 4.22. He came to the combine overweight and underprepared. He’s faster than Campbell on tape though. 

I don't know about the catching portion, but he did good on all of the drills, fantastic on some of them. His bulking up can't be understated. He beat out plenty of "bigger" guys in the benchpress.

I'd rather have a bigger guy but if we took him at 34 I wouldn't say he isn't worth that. He's definitely electric and athletic. As others have mentioned I'd like it most if he were paired with someone else taller later. Maybe Tyler Johnson, Donovan PJ, Antonio GG, or Johnathan Hightower?

Also... and this will begin to trend a little toward blasphemy, but Hilton's contract is up after this season. He had 500 yards last season and 5 TDs. He made 14mil. He's my favorite offensive player to watch and of course he was injured. I hope and expect him to bounce back. But from a business perspective, I don't think it would be a bad idea to grab another guy who can share Hilton's skillset. Campbell could help be that guy, but we don't know and more speed isn't a bad thing.

2 hours ago, funktacious2 said:

I'd rather have a bigger guy but if we took him at 34 I wouldn't say he isn't worth that. He's definitely electric and athletic. As others have mentioned I'd like it most if he were paired with someone else taller later. Maybe Tyler Johnson, Donovan PJ, Antonio GG, or Johnathan Hightower?

Also... and this will begin to trend a little toward blasphemy, but Hilton's contract is up after this season. He had 500 yards last season and 5 TDs. He made 14mil. He's my favorite offensive player to watch and of course he was injured. I hope and expect him to bounce back. But from a business perspective, I don't think it would be a bad idea to grab another guy who can share Hilton's skillset. Campbell could help be that guy, but we don't know and more speed isn't a bad thing.

Now you know who we had at QB last year.  TY couldn't have done too much to increase his stats with that kind of QB play as the year progressed.  Of course he was also injured for a couple games.  He will put up pretty respectable numbers with Rivers.   I do think it's time to start looking for his replacement due to his age creeping up though.  He's still got a little bit of time.  Definitely not done yet.

3 hours ago, krunk said:

Now you know who we had at QB last year.  TY couldn't have done too much to increase his stats with that kind of QB play as the year progressed.  Of course he was also injured for a couple games.  He will put up pretty respectable numbers with Rivers.   I do think it's time to start looking for his replacement due to his age creeping up though.  He's still got a little bit of time.  Definitely not done yet.

I think Parris Campbell can be Hilton’s replacement. He can play that Z position but also move inside when needed.

15 hours ago, DownHillRunner said:

Ya but we really cant count on Campbell when he spends more time in the trainers room than on the field.

14 hours ago, Chloe6124 said:

Right now though we have no one as a red zone threat. That is so important when you get down towards the goal line.

3 of the top 4 Redzone receivers last year are under 6' tall. The best in the league last year? Tyler Lockett 5'10" 180#

58 minutes ago, coltsblue1844 said:

Because Lord knows how bad we were when we only had Marvin and Reggie and no big body tall WRs ...  smh

Very different O scheme, very different times/NFL, very different Ds, very different QB. In short, if that's what you want, you're not going to be happy with Reich....

We have plenty of small and fast guys if we wanted to use a bunch of 3 and 4 vert type plays. Guessing you don't really understand Reich's O, and the difference between that and the days of Tom Moore's O. And even in the Moore days, we still used a ton of flex TE (Clark), which was basically TE-lite or big X.

3 hours ago, Defjamz26 said:

I think Parris Campbell can be Hilton’s replacement. He can play that Z position but also move inside when needed.

Maybe but there's nothing wrong with having multiple speedy receivers.  You can still have some size in the crew as well.

8 hours ago, CheezyColt said:

I'd be grinning in this scenario. Love both these guys.

I wouldn't be surprised if Ballard did it.  Both players have NFL fathers who have helped them prepare for the pros.  I'm sure that's something Ballard would see as a plus.   We've had contact with both players.  I usually have a pretty decent sense for what Ballard may do.  I called the Banogu and Paris Campbell moves last year. 

On 4/17/2020 at 9:30 PM, WarGhost21 said:

I disagree.  Campbell  is faster than reagor ob tape. The difference  is reagor is a little  shiftier.

On 4/17/2020 at 7:59 PM, DownHillRunner said:

Reagor plays nothing like Campbell.  For one Reagor is a much more polished  wr who can run more routes from the gate. The second thing is Reagor high points the football  like julio jones. Campbell  doesn't  do that. The only thing they have in common  is both are fast, but even then Reagor is better at making  sharp cuts. Campbell  just out runs everybody.

On 4/18/2020 at 6:00 AM, funktacious2 said:

I was just about to say the same thing. Great minds and all

On 4/18/2020 at 1:38 PM, EastStreet said:

Very different O scheme, very different times/NFL, very different Ds, very different QB. In short, if that's what you want, you're not going to be happy with Reich....

We have plenty of small and fast guys if we wanted to use a bunch of 3 and 4 vert type plays. Guessing you don't really understand Reich's O, and the difference between that and the days of Tom Moore's O. And even in the Moore days, we still used a ton of flex TE (Clark), which was basically TE-lite or big X.

If a WR is good, they can fit into any scheme. Yes, some may be better suited for certain plays... but Marvin, Reggie, Fitzgerald, Rice etc would find a way to thrive in any system.

Give me a WR based on talent over size any day. And Frank is a good enough offensive mind to fit a talented WR into the "scheme".

This is just his 3rd season as a HC, keep in mind.

5 minutes ago, coltsblue1844 said:

If a WR is good, they can fit into any scheme. Yes, some may be better suited for certain plays... but Marvin, Reggie, Fitzgerald, Rice etc would find a way to thrive in any system.

Give me a WR based on talent over size any day. And Frank is a good enough offensive mind to fit a talented WR into the "scheme".

This is just his 3rd season as a HC, keep in mind.

Reggie and Marvin would absolutely be on the field together, but they'd be running Z and slot like TY and Campbell were supposed to last year.  Reich would still be looking for an X to run with them.

Archived