Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Avaliable Free Agents

BleedthisBlue

Out of remaining FA's, who would the fans like to see as a back up safety to Melvin or in rotation with him?

I think Bigby and Ndukwe are both still FA's, could bring Giordono back...

And out of remaining FA's who do we want to see picked up at corner?

I think Litto Sheppard and Kiwaun Ratliff are still FA's

Just Curious on thoughts for adding depth, at these spots

I'd say our backup safeties will come from in-house. I wouldn't be shocked to see Jamie Silva brought back. He's a decent backup. I was moderately surprised we let him go. If he isn't brought back by the end of this coming week, though, he may not be brought back. Either way, I think we get safety depth in-house.

As far as CB's go... It's a real craps shoot. I think we need to pick one up, but to my knowledge, there aren't many decent ones left on the FA market. Hopefully we'll get something figured out soon. It seems everyone right now sees our CB department as our biggest weakness. (Which is a refreshing change from it being the O, or D line the way it has been the past couple years)

Out of remaining FA's, who would the fans like to see as a back up safety to Melvin or in rotation with him?

I think Bigby and Ndukwe are both still FA's, could bring Giordono back...

And out of remaining FA's who do we want to see picked up at corner?

I think Litto Sheppard and Kiwaun Ratliff are still FA's

Just Curious on thoughts for adding depth, at these spots

I was unaware Ratliff was a FA... Wouldn't be surprised to see him come back, either.

I'd say our backup safeties will come from in-house. I wouldn't be shocked to see Jamie Silva brought back. He's a decent backup. I was moderately surprised we let him go. If he isn't brought back by the end of this coming week, though, he may not be brought back. Either way, I think we get safety depth in-house.

As far as CB's go... It's a real craps shoot. I think we need to pick one up, but to my knowledge, there aren't many decent ones left on the FA market. Hopefully we'll get something figured out soon. It seems everyone right now sees our CB department as our biggest weakness. (Which is a refreshing change from it being the O, or D line the way it has been the past couple years)

FAN JUDGE you said we didnt have any weakness now you say were weak at cb. you are not any good at being a fan judge and your not any good as a talent judge BUT YOUR PRETTY GOOD AT BEING RUDE!!

It seems everyone right now sees our CB department as our biggest weakness. (Which is a refreshing change from it being the O, or D line the way it has been the past couple years)

Hmm, I dont know. The O lone is my biggest concern with this team, LT and guard are very concerning to me. Our O line was a huge problem last year, and if Castonzo isnt able to start very soon, I think that could be very big trouble. Also idk who this Reitz guy even is that is practicing with the first team OL. Aside from OL I think this is a very very solid team.

Hmm, I dont know. The O lone is my biggest concern with this team, LT and guard are very concerning to me. Our O line was a huge problem last year, and if Castonzo isnt able to start very soon, I think that could be very big trouble. Also idk who this Reitz guy even is that is practicing with the first team OL. Aside from OL I think this is a very very solid team.

Reitz was on the PS last year. Former Indiana All-Star in basketball. No collegiate football experience, to my knowledge.

I think Lito Sheppard could sort of help. He used to be good... maybe Tryon and him should battle it out for the #2 cornerback. The only bad thing is I think Lito Sheppard may be a little expensive.

Reitz was on the PS last year. Former Indiana All-Star in basketball. No collegiate football experience, to my knowledge.

He looks like a big kid, but I dont like the no collegiate football part. LG is a a big problem for this team, and a left side of him and Link makes me think I'm gonna have some nervous sundays. Don't need Peyton taking a lot of hits coming off neck surgery.

It is hard to tell whether the oline or dline has improved over last year. The oline was so terrible and the middle of the dline was so soft that any positve news from either side, while they play each other, means almost nothing. If the dline is in fact playing much better this year, the CB's play will improve basically because of that reason alone with who we have on the team now. I would guess the coaches kow what they have and what they need right now.

I don't think we need to break the bank on a corner. I would be fine with just some undrafted rookie being signed for depth. With that said, I think buccolts has the best scenario. Let's stay with who we have for now, then when teams release players, we can see who is available

RandallGay would be a useful piece to the puzzle, IMO, got released by the Saints. The Saints secondary coach became the new Broncos DC, I have a lot of respect for what that secondary coach accomplished while at New Orleans. RandallGay, with his experience with the Patriots, and Saints, will be a useful zone corner.

RandallGay would be a useful piece to the puzzle, IMO, got released by the Saints. The Saints secondary coach became the new Broncos DC, I have a lot of respect for what that secondary coach accomplished while at New Orleans. RandallGay, with his experience with the Patriots, and Saints, will be a useful zone corner.

Interesting, I don't recall how well he played last year, but if he hasn't declined too much he could add some reliable depth. CB's get injured so often that I really am nervous about our depth at that position right now. As for Safety, I'm actually not that concerned, however I kind of like the idea of bringing back Giordano. Then again, maybe I'm just being nostalgic

He looks like a big kid, but I dont like the no collegiate football part. LG is a a big problem for this team, and a left side of him and Link makes me think I'm gonna have some nervous sundays. Don't need Peyton taking a lot of hits coming off neck surgery.

Concerns me too but that path worked out ok for marcus Pollard. haha.

FAN JUDGE you said we didnt have any weakness now you say were weak at cb. you are not any good at being a fan judge and your not any good as a talent judge BUT YOUR PRETTY GOOD AT BEING RUDE!!

Ah, jim.... Just wouldn't be right for you to post something relevant or intelligent...

Keep up the good (bad) work.

No one.

Stand pat for 2-3 weeks to evaluate the existing talent, then see who other teams cut, and re-evaluate.

Yea good call. I think we have gotten our first big offseason in a long time as fans lol. I am looking foward to seeing our final roster. Especially starting corners.