Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2020 NFL Draft - Simulated Mock Drafts Thread

After the end of the season I've been attempting different mock drafts in the various simulators available online and since there is no thread to post simulated mock drafts in for this season, here is one where you can post yours. 

Here are some links to simulation machines if you want to try some:

https://thedraftnetwork.com/mock-draft-machine

https://fanspeak.com/ontheclock-nfl-mock-draft-simulator/

https://www.first-pick.com/Default.aspx

https://www.walkthemock.com/

I will start with a worst case scenario no-QB mock from me(this is on fansided's simulator). This assumes we don't like any QB in the draft and AC decides to retire:

13: R1P13 WR CEEDEE LAMB

OKLAHOMA

34: R2P2 OT JOSH JONES

HOUSTON

44: R2P12 DL JORDAN ELLIOTT

MISSOURI

75: R3P11 CB JAYLON JOHNSON

UTAH

124: R4P16 TE JAKE BREELAND

OREGON

161: R5P14 WR GABRIEL DAVIS

UCF

195: R6P14 EDGE ALEX HIGHSMITH

CHARLOTTE

210: R6P29 C JAKE HANSON

OREGON

229: R7P13 CB DEOMMODORE LENOIR

OREGON

I went with BPA(non-QB) for me in the draft with Ceedee Lamb, who I think can be a special receiver talent and fell to me in this draft. I went with a somewhat of a project of a OT, who has great feet and movement ability and all the physical tools to be our LT of the future. Jordan Elliot is an under the radar DT with athleticism and great penetration ability. He is one of the few DTs after R1 that can rush the passer from the interior. I end day 2 with Jaylon Johnson from Utah, who probably will go earlier than this but in this mock he fell to me. He's a big, physical corner who can tackle(what Ballard seems to want in this scheme). Jake Breeland got injured earlier in the season but IMO he can be a good pass catching TE and we lost that in Ebron, so... here we go. 

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is one I did today on TheDraftNetwork:

13 - Javon Kinlaw DL South Carolina

34 - Jordan Love QB Utah State

44 - Mekhi Becton OT Louisville

75 - Cameron Dantzler CB Mississippi State

112 - Denzel Mims WR Baylor

142 - Zack Baun EDGE Wisconsin

173 - Mohamed Barry LB Nebraska

188 - Tyler Clark DL Georgia

204 - Kalija Lipscomb WR Vanderbilt

Went with grabbing a QB and could be used with or without Castanzo retiring.  I like Becton alot.

My most recent The Draft Network mock:

13. Jordan Love QB, Utah State - If it's love, it's love.

34. Neville Gallimore IDLOklahoma - One of my favorite DT's and he's the 1T we've been lacking.

44. Tyler Johnson WRMinnesota - Amazing, savvy route runner. My favorite WR outside of the 1st round group.

75. Jack Driscoll OTAuburn - Bottom-heavy RT that due to some lateral mobility issues. Could be a swing G/T with starting RG potential.

112. Solomon Kindley IOLGeorgia - I honestly don't think Kindley will fall this far. I've seen him mentioned as the top G in this draft. If he falls this far, we've got our RG of the future.

142. Benito Jones IDL, Ole Miss - Ballard loves to double down at a position of need. Jones is an absolute unit, 6'1 320 and would add some needed size to our DL. He has some length issues that are his major weakness, but at the very least can eat up blocks.

173. Lamar Jackson CB, Nebraska - Big, physical, long CB (6'3", 215). He could be a CB/S/LB tweener, but adds some size and physicality to our secondary.

188. Jonathan Garvin EDGE, Miami - Has the ideal DE build and looks the part. Really solid in run defense, but needs refinement in his pass rushing fundamentals. Definitely a project.

204. Joe Reed WR, Virginia - Has a great WR skill set (size, speed, etc) , just raw as WR (route running and the nuances of the position).

Another Draft Network one with NO QB picked:

13 - Javon Kinlaw, DL  South Carolina-- Helps with our interior line and will make it much better.

34 - Curtis Weaver, EDGE  Boise St.-- I would be ECSTATIC if he was available with this pick.  Makes our rush better and also will help with some of our secondary deficiencies with the added pressure.

44 - Mekhi Becton, OT  Louisville--Again, this is a player I really like and gives us another option if Anthony C. retires.  He also could go to right side and push Smith to guard or just give us a solid T depth player who could develop into starter in near future if not now.

75 - Colin Johnson, WR  Texas--Best receiver available here IMO and from what I have read he is solid and also is a good blocker.

112 - Colby Parkinson, TE  Stanford--Another good blocking TE, but also can catch in short to intermediate routes.  He's not as good of a pass catcher as Doyle but doesn't need to be.  This is someone who could be a solid 3rd stringer or push ahead of Cox possibly.

142 - Michael Pittman Jr., WR  USC - Another decent WR who hopefully could develop to be a contributor.  It is time to move on from Rogers, Dulin and those types.

173 - Evan Weaver, LB  Cal - I like what I have seen and he was impressive in the Redbox Bowl.  The fact he led the nation in tackles doesn't hurt either.

188 - Jaron Bryant, CB  Fresno St.- At this point most players are projects but he was one of BPA in this mock.  We can always use improvements in the secondary.

204 - Jaylinn Hawkins, S  Cal - A safety who could possibly make the team or be a PS guy to develop.  

34 minutes ago, Shive said:

My most recent The Draft Network mock:

13. Jordan Love QB, Utah State - If it's love, it's love.

34. Neville Gallimore IDLOklahoma - One of my favorite DT's and he's the 1T we've been lacking.

44. Tyler Johnson WRMinnesota - Amazing, savvy route runner. My favorite WR outside of the 1st round group.

75. Jack Driscoll OTAuburn - Bottom-heavy RT that due to some lateral mobility issues. Could be a swing G/T with starting RG potential.

112. Solomon Kindley IOLGeorgia - I honestly don't think Kindley will fall this far. I've seen him mentioned as the top G in this draft. If he falls this far, we've got our RG of the future.

142. Benito Jones IDL, Ole Miss - Ballard loves to double down at a position of need. Jones is an absolute unit, 6'1 320 and would add some needed size to our DL. He has some length issues that are his major weakness, but at the very least can eat up blocks.

173. Lamar Jackson CB, Nebraska - Big, physical, long CB (6'3", 215). He could be a CB/S/LB tweener, but adds some size and physicality to our secondary.

188. Jonathan Garvin EDGE, Miami - Has the ideal DE build and looks the part. Really solid in run defense, but needs refinement in his pass rushing fundamentals. Definitely a project.

204. Joe Reed WR, Virginia - Has a great WR skill set (size, speed, etc) , just raw as WR (route running and the nuances of the position).

Been watching Gallimore. Fits the defense in my opinion. 

24 minutes ago, coltsfanmurf said:

Another Draft Network one with NO QB picked:

13 - Javon Kinlaw, DL  South Carolina-- Helps with our interior line and will make it much better.

34 - Curtis Weaver, EDGE  Boise St.-- I would be ECSTATIC if he was available with this pick.  Makes our rush better and also will help with some of our secondary deficiencies with the added pressure.

44 - Mekhi Becton, OT  Louisville--Again, this is a player I really like and gives us another option if Anthony C. retires.  He also could go to right side and push Smith to guard or just give us a solid T depth player who could develop into starter in near future if not now.

75 - Colin Johnson, WR  Texas--Best receiver available here IMO and from what I have read he is solid and also is a good blocker.

112 - Colby Parkinson, TE  Stanford--Another good blocking TE, but also can catch in short to intermediate routes.  He's not as good of a pass catcher as Doyle but doesn't need to be.  This is someone who could be a solid 3rd stringer or push ahead of Cox possibly.

142 - Michael Pittman Jr., WR  USC - Another decent WR who hopefully could develop to be a contributor.  It is time to move on from Rogers, Dulin and those types.

173 - Evan Weaver, LB  Cal - I like what I have seen and he was impressive in the Redbox Bowl.  The fact he led the nation in tackles doesn't hurt either.

188 - Jaron Bryant, CB  Fresno St.- At this point most players are projects but he was one of BPA in this mock.  We can always use improvements in the secondary.

204 - Jaylinn Hawkins, S  Cal - A safety who could possibly make the team or be a PS guy to develop.  

I love Mekhi Becton, but he's shooting up draft boards and could very well go in the 1st, if not high 2nd. Weaver and Kinlaw would be a huge boost to our DL as well. That would be a dream situation to get both of them.

Johnson is viewed more in the mold of an Evan Engram (WR -> TE convert), so he definitely has value, but Parkinson and later Pittman gets to be a little bit redundant. 

Just did this one on first-pick:

Traded 13, both 2nds and next year's first for #1. Then traded back into 3rd with 4,5,6,7. Then traded down in 6th to pick up a 7th. 

Round 1 Pick 1 (CINN): Joe Burrow, QB, LSU

Round 3 Pick 13: Mekhi Becton, OT, Louisville 
Round 3 Pick 28 (G.B.): Antonio Gandy-Golden, WR, Liberty
Round 6 Pick 18 (PITT): Tyler Johnson, WR, Minnesota 
Round 7 Pick 18 (PITT): Benito Jones, DT, Mississippi

I took a stab at it on First Pick....

Your Picks:
Round 1 Pick 13: Javon Kinlaw, DT, South Carolina (B+)
Round 2 Pick 2: Jonathan Taylor, RB, Wisconsin (A)
Round 2 Pick 13: CJ Henderson, CB, Florida (A)
Round 3 Pick 13: Jordan Love, QB, Utah State (A+)
Round 4 Pick 13: Chase Claypool, WR, Notre Dame (A+)
Round 5 Pick 12: Gage Cervenka, C, Clemson (A+)
Round 6 Pick 11: Erroll Thompson, OLB, Mississippi State (A+)
Round 6 Pick 13: Cameron Dantzler, CB, Mississippi State (A+)
Round 7 Pick 13: Steve Nielsen, OT, Eastern Michigan (A+)

8 hours ago, Freenyfan102 said:

Jordan Love is first round draft bust written all over his face.

Why?

4 hours ago, joeb said:

Anybody think Fromm (Georgia) would be a good QB fit?

No. With his lack of arm strength, he really can't accurately challenge a defense vertically, so you'd run into a similar situation that we did this year where defenses don't fear your deep ball and double down on stopping the run and the short/intermediate passing game.

He reminds me of Kellen Moore (ex-BSU QB, current Cowboys OC), who was known for being a very intelligent & accurate passer, but lacked arm strength.

I've been saying all along about Fromm.  His tape highlights looked pretty good, give it a chance hopefully still available with the 34th pick. But I'd take him on the 13th.  Gallimore on 34th and possibly T Etienne (RB)on the 44th and everything else (take your pick).

13: 

DL DERRICK BROWN

AUBURN

34: 

RB TRAVIS ETIENNE

CLEMSON

44: 

QB JORDAN LOVE

UTAH STATE

75: 

LB SHAQ QUATERMAN

MIAMI

124: 

TE COLE KMET

NOTRE DAME

161: 

G DAMIEN LEWIS

LSU

195: 

OT SAAHDIQ CHARLES

LSU

210: 

WR VAN JEFFERSON

FLORIDA

229: 

OT SCOTT FRANTZ

KANSAS STATE

This is based off JB improving and fixing his short comings enough to get CB to keep him going, or Chad K really coming on in the offseason.(drafting a QB next year)

Rejuvenating the D line and getting some tall handsy WRs and also getting a solid OT, along with a huge TE

13 Javon Kinlaw, IDL

34 Mekhi Becton, OT

44 Justin Jefferson, WR

75 Rashard Lawrence, IDL

112 Khalid Kareem, EDGE

142 Albert Okwuegbunam, TE

173 Gabriel Davis, WR

188 Levonta Taylor, CB

204 Binjimen Victor, WR

Another one:

image.png.6dc060e1e946b47ccf2f53a71c58ce02.png

Picks of note (that I haven't already mentioned in my post above):

- Bryce Hall - Insanely good zone CB. Doesn't fair too well in man, but can lock down a zone.

- Quartney Davis - Sleeper WR pick that is starting to get a lot of attention. He runs amazingly smooth routes and apparently cannot be pressed at the line. His footwork is that elite. <The Draft Network Article on him>

- Ben Bredeson - Needs to improve his his hand work, but he's a mauler and projects as a starting G. Our RG of the future to push Glow.

Did a bunch of 4 rounders on TDN...
13. Isaiah Simmons LB/S            13. AJ Epenesa EDGE
34. Raekwon Davis IDL               34. Raekwon Davis IDL
44. Mekhi Becton OT                   44. Jake Fromm QB
75. Tyler Johnson WR                  75. Tyler Johnson WR
112. Joshua Uche EDGE              112.  Hakeem Adeniji OT

13. Isaiah Simmons LB/S             13. CeeDee Lamb WR (Jedrick Wills went #1 :-/ )
34. Yetur Gross-Matos EDGE       34. Raekwon Davis IDL
44. Mekhi Becton OT                    44. Mekhi Becton OT
75. Tyler Johnson WR                  75. Travis Etienne RB (Couldn't let him slide any further)
112. Raequan Williams IDL        112. Khalid Kareem EDGE

13. Tristan Wirfs OT                    13. AJ Epenesa EDGE
34. Jordan Love QB                      34. Raekwon Davis IDL
44. Neville Gallimore IDL           44. Justin Jefferson WR
75. Quartney Davis WR               75. Jake Fromm QB
112. Jack Driscoll OT                  112. Hakeem Adeniji OT

• 2 weeks later...

I recently did a few for my 3 favorite QBs

13CeeDee Lamb, WR Oklahoma

34 Raekwon Davis, IDL Alabama

44 Anthony Gordon, QB Washington State

75 Jared Pinkney, TE Vanderbilt

112 Marlon Davidson, EDGE Auburn

142 Antonio Gandy-Golden, WR Liberty

173 A.J. Dillon, RB Boston College

190 Alex Highsmith, EDGE Charlotte

204 Saahdiq Charles, OT LSU

13 Justin Herbert, QB Oregon

34 Curtis Weaver, EDGE Boise State

44 Rashard Lawrence, IDL LSU

75 Jared Pinkney, TE Vanderbilt

112 Chase Claypool, WR Notre Dame

142 Jake Hanson, IOL Oregon

173 Antonio Gandy-Golden, WRLiberty

190 Geno Stone, S Iowa

204 A.J. Dillon, RB Boston College

13 Jordan Love, QB Utah State

34 Justin Jefferson, WR LSU

44 Tyler Biadasz, IOL Wisconsin

75 Leki Fotu, IDLUtah

112 Albert Okwuegbunam, TE Missouri

142 Antonio Gandy-Golden, WR Liberty

173 Michael Divinity Jr., EDGE LSU

190 Sewo Olonilua, RB TCU

204 Brad Stewart, S Florida

No WR, not Julio Jones, not OBJ, is going to single handedly impact a team's fortunes because elite coaches will find a way to take them away. You have to really go back to 2008 when a first round wide out really impacted the SB for the winning team, both Fitzgerald and Santonio Holmes but the QBs Warner and Big Ben were a big part of getting it thrown well to them.

Reggie Wayne, a later first round wide out, made a bigger impact than Marvin Harrison, in our SB run. One could actually make a case for Dallas Clark, a later first round TE, making a bigger impact than both of the above. I felt the biggest impact came from our later first round RB in Addai, much like Sony Michel last year for the Patriots that was suited for January football.

It would be a big big mistake to go WR with No.13, period. If you have the OL and the QB, you can make a non-alpha wide out to be an alpha like wide out. Just look at Deebo Samuel, A.J.Brown, Metcalf, recently, all taken in Round 2, and their contribution to playoff teams. Tyler Lockett, Jordy Nelson, Antonio Brown, Cooper Kupp, Doug Baldwin, Julian Edelman, DaVante Adams, Tyreek Hill, Travis Kelce, Gronk, all drafted Rounds 2 or later that have contributed to playoff teams lately, with Baldwin and Edelman undrafted. In fact, the WR drafted in Round 1 amongst all playoff teams remaining is Corey Davis, probably the least productive of them. I rest my case. The ones that are not blind will see the truth. 

1 hour ago, chad72 said:

No WR, not Julio Jones, not OBJ, is going to single handedly impact a team's fortunes because elite coaches will find a way to take them away. You have to really go back to 2008 when a first round wide out really impacted the SB for the winning team, both Fitzgerald and Santonio Holmes but the QBs Warner and Big Ben were a big part of getting it thrown well to them.

Reggie Wayne, a later first round wide out, made a bigger impact than Marvin Harrison, in our SB run. One could actually make a case for Dallas Clark, a later first round TE, making a bigger impact than both of the above. I felt the biggest impact came from our later first round RB in Addai, much like Sony Michel last year for the Patriots that was suited for January football.

It would be a big big mistake to go WR with No.13, period. If you have the OL and the QB, you can make a non-alpha wide out to be an alpha like wide out. Just look at Deebo Samuel, A.J.Brown, Metcalf, recently, all taken in Round 2, and their contribution to playoff teams. Tyler Lockett, Jordy Nelson, Antonio Brown, Cooper Kupp, Doug Baldwin, Julian Edelman, DaVante Adams, Tyreek Hill, Travis Kelce, Gronk, all drafted Rounds 2 or later that have contributed to playoff teams lately, with Baldwin and Edelman undrafted. In fact, the WR drafted in Round 1 amongst all playoff teams remaining is Corey Davis, probably the least productive of them. I rest my case. The ones that are not blind will see the truth. 

You make great points and complete sense. 
How do guys like Lamb and Jeudy compare to those you mentioned as far as pre-draft prospects?  I've only recently really started following CFB and the pre-draft process.

I know Davis was touted as having great potential and he may have been hamstrung by his QB the first few years.
I really don't see us taking WR in round 1 unless we trade back and Lamb or Jeudy falls. And they might.

16 minutes ago, RNGDShobby said:

You make great points and complete sense. 
How do guys like Lamb and Jeudy compare to those you mentioned as far as pre-draft prospects?  I've only recently really started following CFB and the pre-draft process.

I know Davis was touted as having great potential and he may have been hamstrung by his QB the first few years.
I really don't see us taking WR in round 1 unless we trade back and Lamb or Jeudy falls. And they might.

Julio Jones and Calvin Johnson were better prospects than them. To me, Jeudy and Lamb can be schemed out by good coaches. They don't have the giant catch radius like a Julio or Randy Moss or Calvin Johnson to go with the route running and/or speed to say they are a cinch top 10 prospect, IMO.

Jeudy is definitely a teens prospect and compares to Amari Cooper but Lamb did not face big corners in the Big 12, wouldn't touch him till 20 or later. Just my opinion of course.

This one is based off-

- signing a DT FA to sure up pass rush

- AC signing a short extension 

- Rolling with Brissett and sitting our QB pick

13 CeeDee Lamb, WR

34 Jacob Eason, QB

44 Tyler Biadasz, IOL

75 Josh Jones, OT

112 Albert Okwuegbunam, TE

142 Isaiah Hodgins, WR

173 Levonta Taylor, CB

190 A.J. Dillon, RB

204 Davon Hamilton, IDL

My most recent:

13. Jordan Love QB, Utah State - Yep.

34. Neville Gallimore IDL, Oklahoma - A staple of my mocks.

44. Cole Kmet TE, Notre Dame - Would give us a good, young pass catching TE to grow with Love.

75. Tyler Johnson WR, Minnesota - Another favorite of mine. Route running machine.

112. Logan Stenberg IOL, Kentucky - Plays with a real mean streak, sometimes to the point of penalties, but if he can get coached up to play more disciplined, he'd be our RG of the future.

142. Benito Jones IDL, Ole Miss - Big boy to rotate in a 1T.

173. Jonathan Garvin EDGE, Miami - Developmental pass rusher. He's got the build and traits, just needs to develop the technical skills a bit more.

190. Jauan Jennings WR, Tennessee - I seriously doubt he drops this far. There will be talk of red flags from getting kicked off the team, but the new coach brought him back and he was a beast. He'll shine at the Senior Bowl and test well. I see him going 3rd round at the latest, even in this deep WR class.

204. Patrick Taylor Jr. RB, Memphis - Big, bruising RB at 6'3, 227. He's a north/south runner but doesn't have the best vision. At the very least a PS guy to coach up.

On 1/3/2020 at 10:55 AM, ColtJax said:

13: 

DL DERRICK BROWN

AUBURN

34: 

RB TRAVIS ETIENNE

CLEMSON

44: 

QB JORDAN LOVE

UTAH STATE

75: 

LB SHAQ QUATERMAN

MIAMI

124: 

TE COLE KMET

NOTRE DAME

161: 

G DAMIEN LEWIS

LSU

195: 

OT SAAHDIQ CHARLES

LSU

210: 

WR VAN JEFFERSON

FLORIDA

229: 

OT SCOTT FRANTZ

KANSAS STATE

LOVE Brown.  I would sub a WR like Jefferson in the 2nd for Etienne though.  Fine with Love in round 2.

I have a new favorite mock of mine. Any one of these guys IMO could be starters next year given they develop decently in the offseason:

625002062_ScreenShot2020-01-19at2_27_48PM.thumb.png.c70b85dbaff9ea2a74740a6c8cae01fb.png

Herbert would likely start either week 1 or midway through depending on the offseason.

Shenault could start Day 1 easily across from Hilton.

Lewis could start across from Houston or come in as a situational rusher.

Lawrence fits the 3 tech and is a really great lineman.

Carter is one of my favorite underrated prospects, a true Swiss-Army knife player.

Mims has one of the greatest catch radius' I've ever seen and has speed to match.

Gibson could honestly be the next late round star RB, elite receiver and extremely dynamic.

Dillon would be our lesser Derrick Henry as a uber-powerful grinder.

Throckmorton won't go this low, but one can only wish.

What do you guys think??

On 1/3/2020 at 8:36 AM, Thunderbolt said:

I've been saying all along about Fromm.  His tape highlights looked pretty good, give it a chance hopefully still available with the 34th pick. But I'd take him on the 13th.  Gallimore on 34th and possibly T Etienne (RB)on the 44th and everything else (take your pick).

I think you ARE Mother Fromm

I think Fromm lasts til mid 3rd

Archived