Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2020 NFL Draft - Simulated Mock Drafts Thread

This is my last mock draft just playing around.  I do love the idea of getting Lamb and then getting Hurts.  They obviously have a great connection already established from OU.

13 CeeDee Lamb, WR Oklahoma

34 Neville Gallimore, IDL Oklahoma

44 Jalen Hurts, QB Oklahoma

75 Thaddeus Moss, TE LSU

112 Nick Coe, EDGE Auburn

142 Antonio Gandy-Golden, WR Liberty

173 Antoine Brooks Jr., S Maryland

190 D.J. Wonnum, EDGE South Carolina

204 Nyles Pinckney, IDL Clemson

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My recent mock heavily influenced by Senior Bowl practices:

13 Justin Herbert, QB Oregon

34 Raekwon Davis , IDL Alabama

44 Jonathan Greenard , EDGE Florida

75  Denzel Mims, WR Baylor

112 Trey Adams , OT Washington

142 Jeremy Chinn , S Southern Illinois

173 Naquan Jones , IDL Michigan State

190 Binjimen Victor , WR Ohio State

204 Joey Magnifico , TE Memphis

I love these "toy store" draft simulators. :lol:

How bout this one....no trade downs....no gimmicks....

Your score is: 33916 (GRADE: B)

Your Picks:
Round 1 Pick 13: Derrick Brown, DT, Auburn (A)
Round 2 Pick 2: Javon Kinlaw, DT, South Carolina (A-)
Round 2 Pick 13: Mekhi Becton, OT, Louisville (C+)
Round 3 Pick 13: Jordan Love, QB, Utah State (A+)
Round 4 Pick 13: Chase Claypool, WR, Notre Dame (A+)
Round 5 Pick 12: Zack Moss, RB, Utah (A+)
Round 6 Pick 11: Tyler Johnson, WR, Minnesota (A+)
Round 6 Pick 13: Michael Pittman, WR, USC (A+)
Round 7 Pick 13: K'Von Wallace, FS/SS, Clemson (A+)

19 hours ago, pacolts56 said:

I love these "toy store" draft simulators. :lol:

How bout this one....no trade downs....no gimmicks....

Your score is: 33916 (GRADE: B)

Your Picks:
Round 1 Pick 13: Derrick Brown, DT, Auburn (A)
Round 2 Pick 2: Javon Kinlaw, DT, South Carolina (A-)
Round 2 Pick 13: Mekhi Becton, OT, Louisville (C+)
Round 3 Pick 13: Jordan Love, QB, Utah State (A+)
Round 4 Pick 13: Chase Claypool, WR, Notre Dame (A+)
Round 5 Pick 12: Zack Moss, RB, Utah (A+)
Round 6 Pick 11: Tyler Johnson, WR, Minnesota (A+)
Round 6 Pick 13: Michael Pittman, WR, USC (A+)
Round 7 Pick 13: K'Von Wallace, FS/SS, Clemson (A+)

First Pick's board is so out of whack it kills me. I've used it in previous years, but it's just plain ridiculous right now. Your first 4 picks could all go in the first and the rest are at least a round or 2 later than projected (all no fault of yours, just a terrible board they have).

Here's the one I just did on fanspeak. 

I would absolutely love this...

Assumes AC comes back....

13: R1P13     DL JAVON KINLAW                 SOUTH CAROLINA

34: R2P2       QB JORDAN LOVE                    UTAH STATE

44: R2P12     EDGE JULIAN OKWARA          NOTRE DAME

75: R3P11     OT EZRA CLEVELAND             BOISE STATE

119: R4P16   WR DEVIN DUVERNAY           TEXAS

160: R5P14   TE JARED PINKNEY                 VANDERBILT

193: R6P14   CB LEVONTA TAYLOR             FLORIDA STATE

210: R6P31   WR CHASE CLAYPOOL           NOTRE DAME

227: R7P13   WR MARQUEZ CALLAWAY   TENNESSEE

From the draft network's simulator.

I'd love this one too. The depth of the WR class is just crazy.

13    Justin Herbert, QB     Oregon

34    Ross Blacklock, IDL    TCU

44    Austin Jackson, OT     USC

75    Jabari Zuniga, EDGE  Florida

112  Myles Bryant, CB     Washington

142  Tyler Johnson, WR   Minnesota

173  Chase Claypool, WR  Notre Dame

190  Jauan Jennings, WR  Tennessee

204  Harrison Bryant, TE  Florida Atlantic

2 minutes ago, WarGhost21 said:

I present to you all:

THE ULTIMATE DRAFT!!

Here it is for your viewing pleasure!

1977083736_ScreenShot2020-01-28at11_18_08AM.thumb.png.261d119857cd3e6ceaec7d6dd9cc92a2.png

I swear, you must be the biggest supporter of Jacob Eason on this forum!!! :) 

Everyone is entitled to their opinion of course, but at least that is my observation. Great draft except for Eason, who I am not high on. At least you didn't draft a first round WR, I will take that positive. :thmup:

While drafting for the Colts as GM in the Gavin mock draft, I strongly encourage you to draft a WR with No.13 and Jacob Eason at No.34 and watch the forum explode, LOL. :) 

2 minutes ago, chad72 said:

I swear, you must be the biggest supporter of Jacob Eason on this forum!!! :) 

Everyone is entitled to their opinion of course, but at least that is my observation. Great draft except for Eason, who I am not high on. At least you didn't draft a first round WR, I will take that positive. :thmup:

While drafting for the Colts as GM in the Gavin mock draft, I strongly encourage you to draft a WR with No.13 and Jacob Eason at No.34 and watch the forum explode, LOL. :) 

Lol, depending on the board, I might have to haha I do really like Eason though, he has all the arm talent in the world, and only struggled when pressured down the middle. That shouldn't be an issue with Kelly and Big Q up front. My options were Eason, Hurts, and Gordon though, if Love had fallen he might have been the pick there, but of those three Eason has the most potential, and fits really well with Reagor and TY, both dominant deep threats. 

On another note, I'm finding myself taking a WR in round 1 less and less often. Though Jeudy and Lamb can both be top 10 WRs in the league, there is a ton of good depth that I find myself falling back on, as compared to other positions that I want to jump on early

4 minutes ago, WarGhost21 said:

Lol, depending on the board, I might have to haha I do really like Eason though, he has all the arm talent in the world, and only struggled when pressured down the middle. That shouldn't be an issue with Kelly and Big Q up front. My options were Eason, Hurts, and Gordon though, if Love had fallen he might have been the pick there, but of those three Eason has the most potential, and fits really well with Reagor and TY, both dominant deep threats. 

On another note, I'm finding myself taking a WR in round 1 less and less often. Though Jeudy and Lamb can both be top 10 WRs in the league, there is a ton of good depth that I find myself falling back on, as compared to other positions that I want to jump on early

My biggest issue is "rockets underneath" on top of the struggles with pressure down the middle. Well, we already have a big armed QB (that won't use his big arm much down the field) that throws rockets to his RBs and Eason's touch would have to improve considerably than what he has shown so far.

Of the QBs that may be within our first or second round picks range, Herbert, Love, Fromm, Gordon all have better touch underneath than Eason, and that is a big part of playing successful QB in the NFL. 

13 minutes ago, chad72 said:

My biggest issue is "rockets underneath" on top of the struggles with pressure down the middle. Well, we already have a big armed QB (that won't use his big arm much down the field) that throws rockets to his RBs and Eason's touch would have to improve considerably than what he has shown so far.

Of the QBs that may be within our first or second round picks range, Herbert, Love, Fromm, Gordon all have better touch underneath than Eason, and that is a big part of playing successful QB in the NFL. 

I agree, but I think he can develop it well. He has great spin on the ball, just needs to work on slowing it down sometimes, something that can be easily fixed with good coaching.

However, I did another one and got Brown again with Love falling to the second. Here you go!

1302445217_ScreenShot2020-01-28at11_52_15AM.thumb.png.7889f09b848e448a35969c08d82809ed.png

22 minutes ago, WarGhost21 said:

I agree, but I think he can develop it well. He has great spin on the ball, just needs to work on slowing it down sometimes, something that can be easily fixed with good coaching.

However, I did another one and got Brown again with Love falling to the second. Here you go!

1302445217_ScreenShot2020-01-28at11_52_15AM.thumb.png.7889f09b848e448a35969c08d82809ed.png

Is it me or most that think that it is likely we will have the pick of one of Brown or Kinlaw at No.13? I don't want to get too ahead of myself but as a Colts fan, you should be delighted if it plays out that way. 

Sorry, I'm having too much fun today, but I tried something different after the start of my draft fell a certain way and I honestly really like it. It's a draft that focuses on defense early and gets rounded out with the amazing depth at the WR position later in the draft.

779711193_ScreenShot2020-01-28at3_34_57PM.thumb.png.9714c385e0c424987b5f7b978e24e001.png

Simmons would be our chess-piece, moving between safety and linebacker, so we can keep him and Leonard on the field together. Gross-Matos in the second is too enticing to pass up, and Blacklock lasting to pick 44 is pretty nice, seeing as he's a fringe round-one prospect. Hurts comes in as our new QB, with Adams as our option for LT of the future if he remains healthy. Claypool can become our WR 1, and Edwards can be a good WR 2, with Jennings coming in as another good WR option. Finally, Clark will come in as a developmental 3-tech who has a nasty swim move to build upon.

I honestly think this could be a great draft for the team, and if Hurts doesn't work out we can always try again next season with another solid class.

12 minutes ago, WarGhost21 said:

Sorry, I'm having too much fun today, but I tried something different after the start of my draft fell a certain way and I honestly really like it. It's a draft that focuses on defense early and gets rounded out with the amazing depth at the WR position later in the draft.

779711193_ScreenShot2020-01-28at3_34_57PM.thumb.png.9714c385e0c424987b5f7b978e24e001.png

Simmons would be our chess-piece, moving between safety and linebacker, so we can keep him and Leonard on the field together. Gross-Matos in the second is too enticing to pass up, and Blacklock lasting to pick 44 is pretty nice, seeing as he's a fringe round-one prospect. Hurts comes in as our new QB, with Adams as our option for LT of the future if he remains healthy. Claypool can become our WR 1, and Edwards can be a good WR 2, with Jennings coming in as another good WR option. Finally, Clark will come in as a developmental 3-tech who has a nasty swim move to build upon.

I honestly think this could be a great draft for the team, and if Hurts doesn't work out we can always try again next season with another solid class.

Sorry I just cannot get on board with ANY scenario where Hurts is drafted by the Colts, especially where he's WAY overdrafted in this scenario...

1 minute ago, BleedBlu8792 said:

Sorry I just cannot get on board with ANY scenario where Hurts is drafted by the Colts, especially where he's WAY overdrafted in this scenario...

Where would you draft him? I have him as a 2nd-3rd round QB currently, I love his poise and his ability to make plays when the pocket breaks down reminds me of Russell Wilson. Sure, he does need to work on accuracy more, but he has all the tools and will be given time to sit behind Brissett while he works on it.

20 minutes ago, WarGhost21 said:

Where would you draft him? I have him as a 2nd-3rd round QB currently, I love his poise and his ability to make plays when the pocket breaks down reminds me of Russell Wilson. Sure, he does need to work on accuracy more, but he has all the tools and will be given time to sit behind Brissett while he works on it.

I wouldn't. He's so far behind as a passing QB, and he's not even that elusive or good as a "running QB". Him playing in a defensively weak BIG12 has people fooled. He fits well in a one read passing/read-option college offense, but he's not even close to NFL ready. As a Buckeye guy, I watched a guy who was exactly like him, and honestly better, for 4 years in JT Barrett. He went undrafted, and that's where I see Hurts. I want nothing to do with a QB who practically wets himself under pressure, is overly inaccurate, and can't even read college level defenses. Trace McSorley was also a QB who was very similar to him and he went undrafted as well. 

Just watch this years LSU game, that's who he is and will be...

2nd and 3rd round? Not a fn chance.. 

Colts sign Rivers

Miss out on Jones...
Panthers move on from Newton.

Draft;
1. Bengals - Burrow, QB
2. Redskins - Young, DE

3. Lions - Okudah, CB

4. Giants - Simmons, LB

5. Dolphins - Tua, QB

6. Chargers - Herbert, QB

7. Panthers - Love, QB

8. Cardinals - Wills, OT
9. Jaguars - Jeudy, WR
10. Browns - Thomas, OT

11. Jets - Wirfs, OT

12. Raiders - Lamb, WR

13. Colts - Brown, DT

34. Colts - Okwara, DE
44. Colts - Fromm, QB

Here's one from fanspeak with Matt Miller's board:

13: R1P13 QB JORDAN LOVE UTAH STATE

34: R2P2 EDGE YETUR GROSS-MATOS PENN STATE

44: R2P12 WR JALEN REAGOR TCU

75: R3P11 CB BRYCE HALL VIRGINIA

119: R4P16 TE ADAM TRAUTMAN DAYTON

160: R5P14 DL LARRELL MURCHISON NC STATE

193: R6P14 C KEITH ISMAEL SAN DIEGO STATE

210: R6P31 EDGE ALEX HIGHSMITH CHARLOTTE

227: R7P13 OT JACK DRISCOLL AUBURN

13  Justin Herbert, QB  Oregon

34  Raekwon Davis, IDL  Alabama

44  Julian Okwara, EDGE  Notre Dame

75  Cole Kmet, TE  Notre Dame

112  Essang Bassey, CB  Wake Forest

142  Ezra Cleveland, OT  Boise State

190  A.J. Dillon, RB  Boston College

204  Quintez Cephus, WR  Wisconsin

Just now, EastStreet said:

13  Justin Herbert, QB  Oregon

34  Raekwon Davis, IDL  Alabama

44  Julian Okwara, EDGE  Notre Dame

75  Cole Kmet, TE  Notre Dame

112  Essang Bassey, CB  Wake Forest

142  Ezra Cleveland, OT  Boise State

190  A.J. Dillon, RB  Boston College

204  Quintez Cephus, WR  Wisconsin

I didn't know Cephus declared... very underrated guy.

Just now, BleedBlu8792 said:

I didn't know Cephus declared... very underrated guy.

Yup. He's got some flags, but very talented. 

I was surprised to see Kmet at 75 and Cephus still undrafted in the 7th, so couldn't help myself. 

And getting Claypool in the 6th LOL.... I think he'd outplay Funch from day one.

There are just so many good WRs this year. Gonna be huge bargains mid and late.

1 hour ago, WarGhost21 said:

Another day, another mock. I think if Tua does fall to 13, you have to take him. Once he's fully healthy he would challenge Burrow for best QB in the class.

1691685007_ScreenShot2020-01-30at11_04_17AM.thumb.png.3aaef3ff756d59aac048d39de7dca923.png

I'm not a big Reagor fan, in terms of the skill-set we need at the WR position. Other than that, this would be a very solid draft. Kindley could be a really good OG and I have a feeling we'll see him go higher than currently projected. Him at 112 would be a steal.

24 minutes ago, Shive said:

I'm not a big Reagor fan, in terms of the skill-set we need at the WR position. Other than that, this would be a very solid draft. Kindley could be a really good OG and I have a feeling we'll see him go higher than currently projected. Him at 112 would be a steal.

I think Reagor gets a bad rap because so many small speed guys are pigeonholed as being just that. Reagor has an amazing vertical and high points the ball every bit as well as a WR that’s 6’4. His one struggle is route running, but he has all the tools to change that and steadily progressed this past season. I currently have him as my 4th ranked WR in this class. 

As for Kindley, I absolutely love him. All the scouting reports I’ve seen on him say the only real issue is that he needs to lose a bit of weight to get more athleticism. I think he’s the best Interior O-Lineman in the class

Via Walk the Mock

Pick  Player

1:17  Justin Herbert, QB, Oregon

1:26  Tee Higgins, WR, Clemson

2:13  Austin Jackson, OT, USC

3:12  Troy Pride Jr., CB, Notre Dame

4:11  James Lynch, DL, Baylor

5:15  Larrell Murchison, DL, N.C. St.

6:15  Brian Herrien, RB, Georgia

7:14  Quincy Roche, EDGE, Temple

Trade

Acquired    Via      Traded Away

1:17, 1:26    MIA     1:14, 2:2

On 1/16/2020 at 11:29 AM, chad72 said:

No WR, not Julio Jones, not OBJ, is going to single handedly impact a team's fortunes because elite coaches will find a way to take them away. You have to really go back to 2008 when a first round wide out really impacted the SB for the winning team, both Fitzgerald and Santonio Holmes but the QBs Warner and Big Ben were a big part of getting it thrown well to them.

Reggie Wayne, a later first round wide out, made a bigger impact than Marvin Harrison, in our SB run. One could actually make a case for Dallas Clark, a later first round TE, making a bigger impact than both of the above. I felt the biggest impact came from our later first round RB in Addai, much like Sony Michel last year for the Patriots that was suited for January football.

It would be a big big mistake to go WR with No.13, period. If you have the OL and the QB, you can make a non-alpha wide out to be an alpha like wide out. Just look at Deebo Samuel, A.J.Brown, Metcalf, recently, all taken in Round 2, and their contribution to playoff teams. Tyler Lockett, Jordy Nelson, Antonio Brown, Cooper Kupp, Doug Baldwin, Julian Edelman, DaVante Adams, Tyreek Hill, Travis Kelce, Gronk, all drafted Rounds 2 or later that have contributed to playoff teams lately, with Baldwin and Edelman undrafted. In fact, the WR drafted in Round 1 amongst all playoff teams remaining is Corey Davis, probably the least productive of them. I rest my case. The ones that are not blind will see the truth. 

Addai had his moments, but it was Dominic Rhodes in the Ravens game that got us into FG range for A.V. and it was Rhodes in SB XLI that had 100+ yds and the TD to put us ahead. They were a good 1-2 punch.

• 4 weeks later...

Bored at work mock on TDN. I don't see Love falling to the 2nd, but I couldn't pass up on Thomas in the 1st:

13 Andrew Thomas, OT Georgia - LT of the future.

34 Jordan Love, QB Utah State - Yep.

44 Tee Higgins, WR Clemson - If he's there at 44, it's a no-brainer.

75 Troy Pride Jr.,  CB Notre Dame - Kid can ball.

112 Shane Lemieux, IOL Oregon - Really solid OG that would push Glow to start at RG.

142 Harrison Bryant, TE Florida Atlantic - Pass catching TE that may need a bit of time to develop, but has the tools to be really good.

173 Benito Jones, IDL Ole Miss - Run-stuffing 1T.

191 Binjimen Victor, WR Ohio State - I think he could become a really good WR.

204 Kendall Coleman, EDGE Syracuse - Developmental DE.

On 1/23/2020 at 4:21 PM, WarGhost21 said:

Another Mock for you all! This one is assuming that AC retires or says he's retiring next season. A very offense-heavy draft, with a couple mid-late round talented prospects on the defensive side. Thoughts?

613354046_ScreenShot2020-01-23at4_16_00PM.thumb.png.a6477936b4280567f57042c51f9a3b70.png

I would love this! Especially if we got a DT like Jones, Harris, or Armstead in FA.

• 2 weeks later...

I was doing some mock drafts on fanspeak and I kept getting Okudah available at 13 and not taking him because I felt it wasn't realistic but finally decided to just take him and see what happens if he's available. Decided to do this mock as if Ballard went crazy in FA and signed Amari Cooper and Hunter Henry so the main offensive needs were addressed so I go heavy defense in this mock:

1: R1P13

CB JEFFREY OKUDAH

OHIO STATE

2: R2P2

DL ROSS BLACKLOCK

TCU

3: R2P12

EDGE JULIAN OKWARA

NOTRE DAME

4: R3P11

S JEREMY CHINN

SOUTHERN ILLINOIS

5: R4P16

LB WILLIE GAY JR.

MISSISSIPPI STATE

6: R5P14

DL RASHARD LAWRENCE

LSU

7: R6P14

CB HARRISON HAND

TEMPLE

8: R7P13

LB CASEY TOOHILL

STANFORD

CBS composite is updated, so I gave it a go.

Did this mock assuming we are signing a FA QB, and the top 4 QBs are off the board at 13.

I'd be darn happy with this haul given the assumptions. Potential for so many early contributors if not starters.

13: R1P13      DL       JAVON KINLAW    SOUTH CAROLINA

Day one starter

34: R2P2   EDGE       YETUR GROSS-MATOS     PENN ST.

Early playing time if not starting opposite Houston

44: R2P12     OT        PRINCE TEGA WANOGHO   AUBURN

Better in pass pro than running, but will a beast LT once developed (newcomer to FB)

75: R3P11      WR     CHASE CLAYPOOL    NOTRE DAME

Likely starts at X from day one

119: R4P16     TE     ALBERT OKWUEGBUNAM      MISSOURI

Competes with Alie-Cox for TE2

160: R5P14    QB      ANTHONY GORDON    WASHINGTON ST.

Competes with Kelly while both mentored behind Rivers or Carr

193: R6P14     RB     AJ DILLON     BOSTON COLLEGE

Rotational/Situational power beast that may surprise and become BusII

227: R7P13      S       ALOHI GILMAN   NOTRE DAME

Becomes a special teams favorite and the best locker room guy on the team

Archived