Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Johnson led team in receiving

Restinpeacesweetchloe

9 minutes ago, Stephen said:

Yea he is a 4.3 guy. Now need Hilton  and funchess  back  and Campbell 

I think during his time with the Colts, he has had a lot of praise, I’ve liked him last season and during his PS time he just hasn’t been able to get on the field for whatever reasons. I hope this is the guy we’ve hoped for because he has both speed and size. We just need a bigger sample and if we are praising 38 yards as really good, our standards have really dropped. Cautiously optimistic we get to see more and he becomes what we thought the Cain’s and Fountains and Dorsett’s etc... would become. 

10 minutes ago, dodsworth said:

TY, Pascal, Johnson and Campbell looks like a quality receiving corp we can be excited about in the near future. 

Add Fountain next season and it looks even better.

Pascal is a really great downfield blocker, seems to have good hands but is he quick enough in and out of his breaks to get good separation consistently? I honestly thought he would have a big game today with JB returning. Glad I failed to put him in as my flex option today lol. 

• Like 1

The Seahawks wanted him so they traded for him and he played sparingly in 2017. Reich wanted him so he traded for him at cut down day and stashed him on the PS. 

As I recall in his 2nd game he has a great game and then got tackled out of bounds tearing up his ankle.

He, like Cain, is a converted QB with speed and size. He's worked with Reich in 2016, 2017 preseason, 2018 offseason and the last couple weeks. He knows the system so it's just a comfort and confidence thing right - he'll have a Pascal type breakout just in time to help us down the stretch.

My humble opinion of course.

• Like 1

Just now, GoColts8818 said:

I heard somewhere the bone needs to finish healing.  I doubt that happens by Thursday.

IIRC he gets two X-rays each week to monitor. I'm sure they have a projection based on the film, but obviously they won't share. At some point though, they'll just flip the switch. Could be tomorrow, could be weeks.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

IIRC he gets two X-rays each week to monitor. I'm sure they have a projection based on the film, but obviously they won't share. At some point though, they'll just flip the switch. Could be tomorrow, could be weeks.

I am sure they do too.  Still I expect the Colts to get a lot of hurt guys back for the Titans game.  They generally error on the side of caution when it comes to injuries and that would follow 10 days off or a mini bye week.  Don’t get me wrong I’d love for Funch, Hilton, and Desir to all play Thursday but I don’t see it on the short week but I would love to be wrong.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

I am sure they do too.  Still I expect the Colts to get a lot of hurt guys back for the Titans game.  They generally error on the side of caution when it comes to injuries and that would follow 10 days off or a mini bye week.  Don’t get me wrong I’d love for Funch, Hilton, and Desir to all play Thursday but I don’t see it on the short week but I would love to be wrong.

I expect DF to be back for the titans game. He might be healed by Thursday but with no full practice I doubt he plays. TY will be interesting. I expect Desir to be back. They were really saving him I think for this game.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

I expect DF to be back for the titans game. He might be healed by Thursday but with no full practice I doubt he plays. TY will be interesting. I expect Desir to be back. They were really saving him I think for this game.

We shall see on Desir.  I don’t think they are saving him.  I think he is legit hurt as hamstring injuries are tricky and tend to linger and that’s not good for a cornerback.  If you recall he was hurt came back for one game and out again.  I think he made the injury worse and now they are waiting for him to get healthy which can take awhile.  Remember AC missed something like five games last year with a hamstring injury.  

3 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

We shall see on Desir.  I don’t think they are saving him.  I think he is legit hurt as hamstring injuries are tricky and tend to linger and that’s not good for a cornerback.  If you recall he was hurt came back for one game and out again.  I think he made the injury worse and now they are waiting for him to get healthy which can take awhile.  Remember AC missed something like five games last year with a hamstring injury.  

The fact they upgraded him last week from doubtful to questionable and he was working on the side with trainers Friday gives me a good feeling he will be back Thursday. He is very much needed on Hopkins. Reich mentioned after that Texans game they were going to try hard to get him to 100%. The way rock and tell played the last few weeks they have been able to take their time.

• Like 1

Just now, Chloe6124 said:

The fact they upgraded him last week from doubtful to questionable and he was working on the side with trainers Friday gives me a good feeling he will be back Thursday. He is very much needed on Hopkins. Reich mentioned after that Texans game they were going to try hard to get him to 100%. The way rock and tell played the last few weeks they have been able to take their time.

I am sure he’s improving but last week he was also downgraded from questionable to doubtful.  Like I said hamstrings are tricky.  They need him for sure but if he’s questionable given the fact they have 10 days off after that game I’d expect the Colts to error on the side of caution and give him the extra rest.  That’s been the Colts history with injuries.  They are very conservative when it comes to that.

1 hour ago, jameszeigler834 said:

I agree with you franchise QB's make everybody that's around him better I don't see that happening with JB.

Not that I'm 100% sold on JB either, but I don't see how this game is an indication he isn't the guy. Why would we be throwing the ball when we led the entire game, and had TWO 100+ yard rushers averaging almost 10 yards a carry?! Would make zero sense to try and throw the ball.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, NorthernColt said:

Not that I'm 100% sold on JB either, but I don't see how this game is an indication he isn't the guy. Why would we be throwing the ball when we led the entire game, and had TWO 100+ yard rushers averaging almost 10 yards a carry?! Would make zero sense to try and throw the ball.

Its not just this game its other games that he has played that the passing game struggled in.

26 minutes ago, jameszeigler834 said:

Its not just this game its other games that he has played that the passing game struggled in.

James, ALL QB's have a lot of games they have problems in.
 Our run game has been struggling, our receivers are injured, and Jacoby and his crew are inexperienced playing against these defenses. We are JUSTGETTINGSTARTED.  Less Whine, more understanding and patience please.

And Johnson came Ready to do it on the field. Great! Every play is important. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, needanoline63 said:

Not even 150 yds passing. The lack of talent at reciever is concerning. I’m still not convinced brissett is our QB of the future 

Injuries man. We had four undrafted FA playing yesterday.  Only pascal and Rogers were on this roster when the season started. We didn’t need a passing game yesterday. But when Jacoby had to throw he made a few elite plays.

22 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

When you are running the ball for over 250 yards you don’t throw much.  

Ridiculous!

My Colts have over 200+ yards rushing and 400+ yards passing every time they play. I don’t care that it’s Madden it’s modeled after the real deal so our team needs to be playing the same! Madden is real, the NFL is the fake one. haha

• Like 1

I think this Texans game will be another good game for Johnson. He mentioned after the game Sunday how he worked with Jacoby on the scout team last year so they know each other really well. Did anyone else notice how good Johnson was when a play breaks down how he follows the QB. The one catch he had was basically a scramble drill.  Same thing happened on the TD catch.