Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

TY Out Sunday could miss next 3 games

runthepost

1 minute ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

We can still win this game actually. Just play like we played against KC and run a lot. JB can't turn it over though. We will beat Miami too, season is far from over.

Steelers won’t let us run all over them like Kansas City did

All season I have heard how we are never going to stand a chance ! Every person in the entire country said that we could never beat the Chiefs! But we DID ! many other games  had us down and out even before the game started. But we have managed to keep winning ! I refuse to give up on the Colts, as so many of you seem to be doing ! And if I turn out to be wrong, it won't be because the players couldn't find anyone who had confidence in them !!

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Thorolf said:

All season I have heard how we are never going to stand a chance ! Every person in the entire country said that we could never beat the Chiefs! But we DID ! many other games  had us down and out even before the game started. But we have managed to keep winning ! I refuse to give up on the Colts, as so many of you seem to be doing ! And if I turn out to be wrong, it won't be because the players couldn't find anyone who had confidence in them !!

I don't know that we are giving up on the Colts.    It would be silly to think that missing Hilton won't make things harder for the team.  So if I thought the Colts would win a close one at the Steelers, it is not unreasonable to think the Steelers win it close now.  We lost maybe our best player.  

You say you refuse to give up on the Colts.   Me too.   I'll still be watching the game and rooting for them to win.  They are a good team, so they could still win.   

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

It won't happen but I just got off the phone with a friend of mine and we were joking about Brown. How funny would it be if we signed Brown now and he stuck it up the Steelers tailpipe lmao 

Can he even play? I thought he was on the Exempt list?

Remember how good luck was at making average WR really good. We are about to see what JB has in him. Hilton was so good in the red Zone this is going to hurt. Reich has time to develop game plans. I don’t put to much Into the Oakland game. The entire team just played bad.

I think we might actually see Ebron more now. Look for him to get more snaps. It’s time for him to show what he was last year.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

If we win Sunday that is the key. At 6-2 we will be in great shape if TY is back at Texans.

I don’t expect him back for the Texans. It’s a short week.  The 3-4 week injury is probably optimistic. The good news is we will most likely get DF back for the jags.  

The big key is will we finally see Campbell and Cain take ad advantage of this opportunity. Will Ebron step up. His snaps are going to go up.

I agree if we beat the Steelers we will be fine. 

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, BigQungus said:

He is good at spreading the ball around though, looking at the numbers. But screenshots from Superman would never hurt lol.

If you look closely at the numbers along with watching the reads, He's typically going to the 1st read, and sometimes 2nd, which both are typically TY and TE. He was a little better vs bad passing Ds (Houston, ATL, Oakland).

16 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

Remember how good luck was at making average WR really good. We are about to see what JB has in him. Hilton was so good in the red Zone this is going to hurt. Reich has time to develop game plans. I don’t put to much Into the Oakland game. The entire team just played bad.

I think we might actually see Ebron more now. Look for him to get more snaps. It’s time for him to show what he was last year.

Ebron was a beast in the RZ last year, and better than Hilton. 

5 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

I don’t expect him back for the Texans. It’s a short week.  The 3-4 week injury is probably optimistic. The good news is we will most likely get DF back for the jags.  

The big key is will we finally see Campbell and Cain take ad advantage of this opportunity. Will Ebron step up. His snaps are going to go up.

I agree if we beat the Steelers we will be fine. 

It depends on how bad the injury is. ESPN just said maybe 3 weeks so it will be close to when we play the Texans.

37 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

What word?

Id guess overpay. 

The market sets the value regardless if Ballard (or any posters) want to say differently. A relatively productive, past the mid-point of their career WR is worth a 2nd or 3rd round pick (Sanu, Tate, etc.). A young productive WR is worth a lot more (Cooks, Cooper, etc.). 

Ballard may not want to pay market value for a player, and thats fine, but that doesnt change the value of the player/position. 

Well, on the bright side, now alot of these "sky is falling" posters are happy finally.

They didnt know what to do with themselves while things were going well.

on a side note, what the heck happened to all that wr depth we felt we had in training camp?  Things are usually not as good, or as bad as you believe them to be.

Bummer, but that is football.

• Like 2

Pitts is banged up a lot worse than we are, backup qb who is playing shaky, backup rb who is hurt himself. This team was outplayed by the Phins on Monday night for a good part of that game and Miami is awful. We win this week and Miami. Houston without Watts is good as toast, jags game will be most challenging but they dont score a ton of points so every game they play is a struggle to win.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Mr.Debonair said:

Doesn’t matter. We had no business doing nothing. Passing game has been meh. Two undefeated teams went out and bolstered their areas of weakness. Here we are depending on an undrafted player, a 6th round pick, a 2nd round pick who hasn’t stayed healthy. We may be in trouble 

If I live to be 100, I’ll never understand the posts that basically say the poster knows better than the GM about what the team should’ve done.  

Especially now that we have a GM widely regarded as one of the best in the business.     But the poster knows better.....

Oh well....

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

Welp...there goes any chance at making the playoffs. 

I hope the Colts can draft a decent receiver next year. Not another Cain, Fountain, or Campbell disappointment. Colts are 0-5 without Ty. Ballard needs to get some depth at that position. 

9 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

Matt Taylor just said Reich was weirdly excited about seeing the other guys step up on his interview that will be on the round table tonight.

TY really isn't hurt. It's all a sham. Frank finally realized it's the only way to get JB to stop forcing it to TY.... 

Seriously though, I'm also excited to see the other guys get the ball too.

• Like 1

We are going to see a lot of different things we have not seen yet. Get ready. Hopefully it will be fun. Ebron stepped up last year with the lack of WR. He will get more touches now and it’s time for him to show what he did last year. Campbell and Hines will get more touches. We just might catch the Steelers off guard. We have speed we just need to use it.