Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

TY Out Sunday could miss next 3 games

runthepost

2 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

TY really isn't hurt. It's all a sham. Frank finally realized it's the only way to get JB to stop forcing it to TY.... 

Seriously though, I'm also excited to see the other guys get the ball too.

I have to say this is one thing I totally agree with you on. If we come through this and get the other guys involved in the process it’s going to make this team better when he comes back. It benefits the team as long as we don’t fall on our faces. We are lucky it happened in this stretch of games.

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

Matt Taylor just said Reich was weirdly excited about seeing the other guys step up on his interview that will be on the round table tonight.

I am projecting a whole lot of my own thoughts here, but I think Frank wants the security blanket pulled away from Brissett so he will start to look at other receivers (who in past week have been open at times).  This is kinda like throwing your kid in the deep end when you know they can swim.  I bet Frank thinks this will make Jacoby a better QB, and he know he needs better QB play.  He is rooting for Jacoby to take the next step, we will see how it goes...

• Like 7

7 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

We are going to see a lot of different things we have not seen yet. Get ready. Hopefully it will be fun. Ebron stepped up last year with the lack of WR. He will get more touches now and it’s time for him to show what he did last year. Campbell and Hines will get more touches. We just might catch the Steelers off guard. We have speed we just need to use it.

I hope so because in that second half against the Raiders they looked lost without TY.

3 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

If I live to be 100, I’ll never understand the posts that basically say the poster knows better than the GM about what the team should’ve done.  

Especially now that we have a GM widely regarded as one of the best in the business.     But the poster knows better.....

Oh well....

To be fair the Colts and their decisions are not made in a vacuum.

Its hard for any fan to watch teams like the Pats make the exact move they think the Colts should have made. It is sort of disingenuous of anyone to confidently say Ballard should/would never make a move like that when you see the best run organization in sports make that exact move. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Mitch Connors said:

Its hard for any fan to watch teams like the Pats make the exact move they think the Colts should have made. It is sort of disingenuous of anyone to confidently say Ballard should/would never make a move like that when you see the best run organization in sports make that exact move. 

All coaches and GMs make mistakes, make calls they wish they wouldn't have, or don't make calls they wish they would have. The narrative that we should blindly trust and agree with everything a coach or GM does is pretty silly. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Mitch Connors said:

A person, any person, could drive themselves crazy measuring their favorite team against what the Pats do. 

The Pats paid a 2 for Sanu.   Do you think Ballard was going to do that?  Plus, Hilton wasn’t hurt when NE made that deal.  The timing was...  unfortunate.   But that’s life in the NFL. 

Guys are just going to have to step up. 

8 minutes ago, shastamasta said:

That Sanders trade was a no-brainer...no idea if they would have dealt him to IND though. 

SF paid a 3 and 4 to get back Sanders and a 5.    You call THAT a no-brainer?  Seriously?    For Chris Ballard?  

I think that was an easy “no thanks” for CB. 

Getting some other guy either by trade or any other method at this point does not guarantee it will be successful for the Colts.  Getting Josh Gordon?  We could - but there is a reason the Pats let him go.  Would adding him to this team really help?  We just don't know. 

I am all for letting the young guys figure out how to get it done.  And if they don't over the next month that will tell us a lot.  

Using the Pats and 49ers as a comparison to the Colts isn't a good comparison.  Both of those teams are in a very strong position to go to - and win - the superbowl this year.  If we were in that position and one guy could really fill a need I would feel good about making it happen.  But whether people like it or not this team is still rebuilding, especially with a our QB, so I seriously doubt one good receiver is putting us in the superbowl.  Short of that I say use the guys you wanted on this team.  Let the guys you drafted either step up or not.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Mr.Debonair said:

Doesn’t matter. We had no business doing nothing. Passing game has been meh. Two undefeated teams went out and bolstered their areas of weakness. Here we are depending on an undrafted player, a 6th round pick, a 2nd round pick who hasn’t stayed healthy. We may be in trouble 

We might be in trouble, or we might use our TEs more.  I think they can still catch.

54 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

If I live to be 100, I’ll never understand the posts that basically say the poster knows better than the GM about what the team should’ve done.  

Especially now that we have a GM widely regarded as one of the best in the business.     But the poster knows better.....

Oh well....

I know man the GM is always right, 100% of the time

1 hour ago, NewColtsFan said:

Oh well....

A GM of a team knows better 99% of the time than anyone in here. I agree and gave you a LIKE. Once in a blue moon a poster might nail it like saying the Trent trade isn't good when it happens. GM's are around the team and know stuff we have no idea about in reality though.

• Thanks 1

Whoever the first read is, and to a lesser extent, 2nd stand to have more opportunities.  Doesn't matter past that, JB never progresses through to 3 or 4 but a couple times a game.  This might not be his fault, it could be totally by design.  Two reads and a dump off.... To help him adjust to starting, I dunno.  

Pascal gets Ty's spot and Cain and Campbell move up to 2nd or 3rd read as plays dictate.... When it's not Ebron or Doyle in top two reads ... 

Hope that made sense.... Took a valium waiting to have MRIs for two hours... Wish me luck. Lol

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Mr.NotSoCreative said:

Its rediculous man. Please dont make another eat crow thread, just give em da boot.

Nah it’d be more fun to see them eat crow IF we survive this loss. But first, we have to figure out how to win without TY. They’ve not ever done that so I can see the cause for concern.