Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

TY Out Sunday could miss next 3 games

runthepost

TY will be missed but I trust Frank to find creative ways to work with what he has.

Another situation for all the “average at best” receivers to show what they can do.

The Colts have been relatively healthy (in terms of IR). This stinks but my confidence is in Reich making lemonade out of lemons.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Jared Cisneros said:

We were losing to the Jags with Hilton. They are a souped up Broncos team, and we had to get lucky Vs them. The issue is the Texans, who it's going to be almost impossible to beat without Hilton. This injury is devastating, but for the Steelers and Texans games, not the Jags.

Denver has a good defense Dolphins are trash big difference.

• Confused 1

6 minutes ago, Stephen said:

Honestly  we might lose every  game with Hilton  out. We still depend too much on hilton. Look how many drops our wrs had in the oakland game when Hilton  didn't  play.

If we lose to Miami we have serious issues. Then we will have Devin back by Jax hopefully. The only game I am concerned about is Pitt. If we pull that out we will still be in great shape. We are lucky this happened now with 2 of the next 3 at home. The entire team played bad against Oakland. But we got it together the second half and if Campbell hadn’t fumbled we might win that game. 

Good teams don’t lose just because you lost one player for a few games.

9 minutes ago, jameszeigler834 said:

Now this game will tell a lot about JB and whether he is our future or if he is just a stop gap if he looks awful against a really good steelers defense then I would say he isn't the future.

It will but in my opinion this will tell us more about Reich. We still have to much talent on this team. If he can’t come up with a game plan something is wrong. Don’t forget this defense is as healthy as it has been all year. 

• Like 1

I may he naive, but I think the Colts are past the days of losing 1 star killing them.  This is a different team, better constructed, better lead, and better suited fight thru adversity.  Pagano woulda been cooked because there was no creativity or versatility in that offense by the end.  Reich has both in spades.  He will tailor the plan to suit what we have, not curl up and die over what we dont. 

We feed on adversity now, we might get beat but we'll d@#m sure give em a black eye on the way down.

Just like when Luck bowed out, we get to see, again, what our boys are made of.  Losing Ty hurts, no question, but from where I'm standing there are no towels (terrible or otherwise) being thrown in.  My money's still on indy,  up to Puttsburgh to prove otherwise.........

No way Ty misses @ Houston,  he'll be "running" the go in a motorized cart b4 he sits that one out.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

Reich is such a good leader. When asked about TY on the round table he goes TY is a great player then switches right to how excited he is for the other guys.  

Did you expect him to speak his inner truth, and say "the darn guy gets hurt too much, I need the QB to learn how to throw it down the seam, and I need the young guys to be more involved". 

7 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

Did you expect him to speak his inner truth, and say "the darn guy gets hurt too much, I need the QB to learn how to throw it down the seam, and I need the young guys to be more involved". 

Well when you here him say it you can tell he believes it. There are coaches out there were you could tell they would be concerned. We know by now he doesn’t let these things bother him. His voice said it all.  You should go listen.

1 hour ago, Chloe6124 said:

I am not worried. If we lose we lose. We have Miami next and if we can’t beat them without TY we have bigger issues. The DF comes back hopefully. This came in the best possible spot for this team. 

ballard wants to rely on draft picks to field a team, this is a test of how his method works, go get em rookie draft picks, but i think the proven vets will carry us  on offense, look for ebron and rodgers to have a big day

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

Well when you here him say it you can tell he believes it. There are coaches out there were you could tell they would be concerned. We know by now he doesn’t let these things bother him. His voice said it all.  You should go listen.

If you've ever personally known a good coach, successful politician, or large business CEO, you understand that they know what to say, and how to say it (to come off exactly how they want to come off). I'm not suggesting Frank is disingenuous, but I can almost perfectly predict what he and Ballard will say in most situations. Irsay, that's a whole other situation lol. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Chloe6124 said:

I am not worried. If we lose we lose. We have Miami next and if we can’t beat them without TY we have bigger issues. The DF comes back hopefully. This came in the best possible spot for this team. 

rodgers , doyle, ebron and pascal can move the chains, then maybe the rooks will show why they were drafted

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

You are putting your own words in his mouth and calling it "his inner truth".

Before the season started Reich said that JB was a top 20 QB, but many thought it was just coach speak. But here we are 2 months later and most everyone agrees with that now  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, egg said:

You are putting your own words in his mouth and calling it "his inner truth".

Before the season started Reich said that JB was a top 20 QB, but many thought it was just coach speak. But here we are 2 months later and it is pretty much spot on.

giphy.gif

58 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

If you've ever personally known a good coach, successful politician, or large business CEO, you understand that they know what to say, and how to say it (to come off exactly how they want to come off). I'm not suggesting Frank is disingenuous, but I can almost perfectly predict what he and Ballard will say in most situations. Irsay, that's a whole other situation lol. 

Not all coaches have those kind of leadership abilities. Reich is very special that can get his players to buy in. 

11 minutes ago, Coltsman1788 said:

This offense looks like crap when T.Y. isn’t out there.  Not good.  

I agree with you, the sample size is enough to show your statement is factual. I’ve been reading this thread thoroughly and these next few weeks come down to Reich, Ballard and Jacoby. I’m excited that Frank’s excited! Ballard is sticking to his  guns and has said by his actions to all of us, we are who we currently are! As for Jacoby, if he were to Rise up and beat the Steelers, this would be the win that solidifies this fan base for weeks and potentially for years to come. Go Blue, you gotta believe!!!!

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

not always to everyone. 

Hey Andy did you hear about this one?

7 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

Not all coaches have those kind of leadership abilities. Reich is very special that can get his players to buy in. 

Charles Manson was the same way

• Thanks 1

If we cant win the next 2 of 3, or 3 of 4 without Hilton, we are foolish to think we have a legit shot in the playoffs WITH Hilton.

Instead of worrying what we lost (Hilton) , i'm gonna focus on the opprtunity to grow in other areas, and hope for Pascal, Rogers, Campbel, and Cain to step up another notch, as well as strong efforts from our OL, TEs, and running game.

We have enough, we just have to do better than last week in all areas.

Hilton playing or not, this team will still play the same style.   The Reich style.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Chloe6124 said:

If we lose to Miami we have serious issues. Then we will have Devin back by Jax hopefully. The only game I am concerned about is Pitt. If we pull that out we will still be in great shape. We are lucky this happened now with 2 of the next 3 at home. The entire team played bad against Oakland. But we got it together the second half and if Campbell hadn’t fumbled we might win that game. 

Good teams don’t lose just because you lost one player for a few games.

Steelers  and jax concern me. We have really struggled  versus jags recently. 

2 hours ago, EastStreet said:

Exactly....

Lol @ Irsay.... So true 

3 hours ago, EastStreet said:

TY has missed very few games.  

He's had some nagging injuries, but he's a baller.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, bravo4460 said:

To be fair... JB really can’t throw deep and doesn’t take chances. Im on the draft QB train anyway with or without TY. Lol

I don't get what you guys are thinking. If we draft a QB it's sets us back 2-3 more years. They take time to adjust. Brissett has been very solid. 

WE HAVE to realize we were just blessed with generational talents the last 21 years. It's not the normal. We also only won ONE super bowl during that time. 

Brissett is our QB the next 2 years after this regardless. Might as well support him. 

34 minutes ago, Stephen said:

Steelers  and jax concern me. We have really struggled  versus jags recently. 

At least they don't have Ramsey

Uh Oh,  losing TY hurt's, but I fully expect Coach to come up with a game plan to minimize the loss of our WR1.  Look for Hines and Ebron to have big games, and if our Oline comes to play, Pascal will play a big part in this win.  GO COLTS. 

On a side note, I just watched the Thursday night game, Sanders had a great game as usual, would have made the loss of TY much less painful, if Ballard had pulled the trigger, just sayin.

10 hours ago, Chloe6124 said:

Remember how good luck was at making average WR really good. We are about to see what JB has in him. Hilton was so good in the red Zone this is going to hurt. Reich has time to develop game plans. I don’t put to much Into the Oakland game. The entire team just played bad.

I think we might actually see Ebron more now. Look for him to get more snaps. It’s time for him to show what he was last year.

What average WR's did Luck make look good exactly? 

53 minutes ago, ricker182 said:

TY has missed very few games.  

He's had some nagging injuries, but he's a baller.

I love TY, and he's absolutely a baller. But you know every time he gets banged up, Reich is cussing to himself like any coach would do when their #1 guy is questionable. 5 games in 8 years (IIRC) isn't bad at all. I'm just paranoid that 3 of those happened this year and last (not including game he's yet to miss), and TY isn't getting any younger.

26 minutes ago, Tsarquise said:

What average WR's did Luck make look good exactly? 

Well he made Inman look a heck of a lot better than he does this year for LAC.... 

Ryan Grant looked a lot better with Luck than he does with GB this year

Rogers looked much better last year. (50% more yards/game)

TY and Ebron had 30+% more ypg last year.