Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts Looking to Develop Chad Kelly

Rebel

3 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

First of all it Jacoby can’t play next week and hoyer gets hurt and Kelly has to play most people on this forum are going to root for Kelly to succeed. We are colt fans and want our team to win.

Yep, all I care is about is winning. If Kelly came out but only threw for 175 yards and 1 TD but took care of the ball and we win I would praise him. Just for making for smart plays and winning the game. I wouldn't get my 50 inch TV and video tape out and criticize every throw he makes lmao like some do JB. It wasn't necessarily Hoyer's fault why we lost today but IMO I think we win had JB played the whole game. Reason being that pick 6 was possibly a 14 point swing.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Yep, all I care is about is winning. If Kelly came out but only threw for 175 yards and 1 TD but took care of the ball and we win I would praise him. Just for making for smart plays and winning the game. I wouldn't get my 50 inch TV and video tape out and criticize every throw he makes lmao like some do JB. 

I might but that is the coach in me

10 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Yep, all I care is about is winning. If Kelly came out but only threw for 175 yards and 1 TD but took care of the ball and we win I would praise him. Just for making for smart plays and winning the game. I wouldn't get my 50 inch TV and video tape out and criticize every throw he makes lmao like some do JB. It wasn't necessarily Hoyer's fault why we lost today but IMO I think we win had JB played the whole game. Reason being that pick 6 was possibly a 14 point swing.

Yep because JB was moving the ball well also.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, PrincetonTiger said:

I might but that is the coach in me

Just depends, I might be critical of a play or 2 where we could've scored but sometimes people really over do it IMO. Pretty much I am just happy if we win in reality. I know when a QB plays bad or good as well, been watching for 42 years. The 1st SB I remember watching was Cowboys beating the Broncos in the 1977 season/78 SB, Craig Morton was lousy lmao . Some in here do not know a bad QB because they haven't seen the Art Schlichter's or Mike Pagel's. Curtis Painter gave them a taste in 2011 lmao and so did Scotty Tolzien in 2017 lmao , but because it was only briefly it wasn't that bad. Most in here are used to Peyton and Andrew so someone like JB doesn't measure up I get it.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, GoColts8818 said:

I don’t think he’s horrible.  I just think he’s completely unproven against NFL starters, yet people took what he did in the pre-season and acted like he was the second coming of Peyton Manning.  

I have zero problem with the Colts developing him and putting him on the active roster if Jacoby can’t go this week.  I just think if the Colts thought he was better than Hoyer they would have never risked losing him by putting him on the practice squad.  So I don’t expect him to walk in and start.  

I get people getting excited about Kelly.  I’d just caution them to temper expectations a little bit other wise I think they are going to be disappointed.  Playing against other teams backups and third stringers in the pre-season isn’t the same as playing against other teams starters in a regular season game.  Look at Cain as another example of that.  

I will say this if Kelly gets in there I’ll be pulling for him to do well because I want the Colts to do well.  

I'm very cautious about him too. And all new guys are unproven until they get time, so that's not really an issue for me. I wouldn't compare Cain to Kelly. Kelly had won the backup job in Denver before he had a case of the stupids. Cain is just a developmental project coming off a major injury. I don't think we're using him correctly anyway, and as long as we force a round peg into a square hole, it's going to be a slow ride perhaps going no where.

1 hour ago, Chloe6124 said:

First of all it Jacoby can’t play next week and hoyer gets hurt and Kelly has to play most people on this forum are going to root for Kelly to succeed. We are colt fans and want our team to win.

There's a few I don't know about lol.... some prefer to win the internet than be wrong about a player.

6 minutes ago, EastStreet said:

There's a few I don't know about lol.... some prefer to win the internet than be wrong about a player.

I agree, I wont name names but there are 5 people on here that I am sure was happy to see JB out. You are not one of them but I am certain about the 5 people I know of. Sad really but I can tell by the way they post lmao . Regarding me I just think JB is better than Kelly, if Kelly comes in and plays lights out I will praise him just as much. Like I said earlier today, Daffy Duck could be the QB and if we win I will be happy.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I agree, I wont name names but there are 5 people on here that I am sure was happy to see JB out. You are not one of them but I am certain about the 5 people I know of. Sad really but I can tell by the way they post lmao . Regarding me I just think JB is better than Kelly, if Kelly comes in and plays lights out I will praise him just as much. Like I said earlier today, Daffy Duck could be the QB and if we win I will be happy.

Daffy would ball out like a beast. A few wounded ducks now an then, but the quack attack would be fo reelzzz... :-)

I'll cheer for anyone wearing the Horseshoe. And I want wins. I just don't want to linger in a gray space like a lot of teams.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Chloe6124 said:

For sure !

8 minutes ago, masterlock said:

I'll make this short and sweet. I wasn't a fan of signing mediocre Hoyer. And yes, put me on the Chad Kelly enthusiast list. I think Kelly should be given an opportunity to shine in JB's absence.

I liked the Hoyer signing.  The reason is that I thought this team was primed to make a run at the AFC title game with Luck.   Brissett was a bit of an unknown, but a playoff run seemed reasonable.  If Brissett would go down, maybe Hoyer could keep the team afloat.  At least he has experience where Kelly is a complete unknown and with his past actions I didn't know if and when he may be cut.   

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, masterlock said:

I'll make this short and sweet. I wasn't a fan of signing mediocre Hoyer. And yes, put me on the Chad Kelly enthusiast list. I think Kelly should be given an opportunity to shine in JB's absence.

I’ll make this short and sweet.  The fact that Hoyer played so well, and you have no clue, and now you still want Kelly at QB shows how little you know about football.

You're literally saying you know more about quarterbacking than Ballard and Frank Reich who played QB back in his day.

Get a grip. 

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, masterlock said:

It appears that if CK gets the call up it will be as Kyle Shurmur not Gardner Minshew

29 minutes ago, twfish said:

One of the best early videos out there hahahaha 

One of my go to response 

7 minutes ago, Colts_Fan12 said:

Chad isn't playing I would also like to see what he's got because I'm not sold on JB but it just isnt gonna happen lol

Not when our team is in the playoff race. If we were a bad team it might be worth giving him a look if JB can’t play.  Reich said today if JB can’t go he will be called up to the 53 man roster.

29 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

Not when our team is in the playoff race. If we were a bad team it might be worth giving him a look if JB can’t play.  Reich said today if JB can’t go he will be called up to the 53 man roster.

What will be your level of shock if the Dolphins beat us ?

What does that have to do with my post you quoted. ……………………..…………………………………………………………...…………….

You are referencing us a  playoff team. If we had Andrew or a heathy JB I might be confident to have us at that level. ….I gotta see some more from Hoyer to get some confidence back.

11 minutes ago, colt18 said:

I'm not a fan of anyone at QB other than Brissett. I'd sacrifice a Patriots fan to bring Luck back from the nether realm, but that's beyond me.

C'mon now..

I'd do that for an extra 5 minutes sleep in the morning. That's nothing.. Lol

37 minutes ago, Indy_Mike said:

For all of the people that laugh and ridicule anybody that even suggest Chad Kelly might make a good NFL QB, I say none of you know how well or how poorly he will do given the chance. How many people knew that Tom Brady would have the career he 's having, if Drew Bledsoe doesn't get injured, maybe Brady never gets a chance? I hope JB's injury in not serious and he's back in a game or two, but if it turns out he's out longer, or for the season, the Colts would be stupid not to give CK a shot and see what you've got. 

I've been watching football for 40 years, not claiming to be an expert, but Kelly has something special about him. In the right system I can see him being very effective and very successful! I hope at some point he gets his chance to compete for the job....I will admit that JB has done better than I thought he would, and he is the best choice right now provided he is healthy and ready to go in the next couple of weeks!

And please don't accuse me of saying I think Chad Kelly is the next Tom Brady, that was just an example of a guy that was a 6th rounder, I doubt many people would have picked him up off waivers had the Pats dropped him before Bledsoe was injured. Just saying you never know until a guy gets a chance!

The difference is TB was the primary backup CK was not

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Indy_Mike said:

That's not the point....the point is people who laugh like hyenas at people who suggest Kelly might be a good QB, when in reality, they have no idea how the guy will do if really given a chance! If you disagree with the people that like Kelly, that enjoy watching him play and see what they believe to be a real talent, fine....but don't mock and ridicule them as if you have some vast knowledge that you do not possess!

Please don’t use the pronoun you

Nobody on this board REALLY knows if Chad Kelly is a putz or a great NFL QB in waiting..... or something in between........  

I would like to see how he does agains NFL starters.

The Colts are paying CK "LIKE" a 53 man roster guy

They see something, or he would have been gone a long time ago

Will he see the field? I dont know.  I highly doubt if its this year.

If he keeps his nose clean, and performs in preseason..... We may have to reserve 

a spot on the 53. (Or get a midround pick for him if there are takers)

The benefit of having a CK, and that Brisett isnt stinking it up, we dont have to lay out early draft capitol for the next QB.

I like Brissett, probably more than others on this board.

But....IMHO he still hasnt proven that he is the long term answer for the Colts at QB

He is a tough SOB, a leader, and has a good arm (a bit slow on release) he also has learned a bit of touch this year, that I didnt see in 2017.

His biggest issues are quicker reads, and throwing the 50/50 ball

Getting there on JB.....  but not 100% sold... yet

13 hours ago, colt18 said:

I'm not a fan of anyone at QB other than Brissett. I'd sacrifice a Patriots fan to bring Luck back from the nether realm, but that's beyond me.

I don’t know if I’d be willing to make that sacrifice but I’d consider it.  I don’t think I’d take a life, but I could maybe take a finger or a toe.

13 hours ago, Indy_Mike said:

For all of the people that laugh and ridicule anybody that even suggest Chad Kelly might make a good NFL QB, I say none of you know how well or how poorly he will do given the chance. How many people knew that Tom Brady would have the career he 's having, if Drew Bledsoe doesn't get injured, maybe Brady never gets a chance? I hope JB's injury in not serious and he's back in a game or two, but if it turns out he's out longer, or for the season, the Colts would be stupid not to give CK a shot and see what you've got. 

I've been watching football for 40 years, not claiming to be an expert, but Kelly has something special about him. In the right system I can see him being very effective and very successful! I hope at some point he gets his chance to compete for the job....I will admit that JB has done better than I thought he would, and he is the best choice right now provided he is healthy and ready to go in the next couple of weeks!

And please don't accuse me of saying I think Chad Kelly is the next Tom Brady, that was just an example of a guy that was a 6th rounder, I doubt many people would have picked him up off waivers had the Pats dropped him before Bledsoe was injured. Just saying you never know until a guy gets a chance!

There is one very big difference.  Brady was drafted before the very end of the draft.   He may have been drafted by many other teams had the Pats not.   Also, an NFL team decided he was good enough to be their back up QB.  Kelly was the last player drafted.  Every other team said NO.  This year every team passed on him as he went through waivers.  Ballard and Reich were willing to let someone else wave him.  When he wasn't claimed, they figured he was better than Walker.  

I take the judgment of all 32 NFL teams as truth.  

1 hour ago, Myles said:

There is one very big difference.  Brady was drafted before the very end of the draft.   He may have been drafted by many other teams had the Pats not.   Also, an NFL team decided he was good enough to be their back up QB.  Kelly was the last player drafted.  Every other team said NO.  This year every team passed on him as he went through waivers.  Ballard and Reich were willing to let someone else wave him.  When he wasn't claimed, they figured he was better than Walker.  

I take the judgment of all 32 NFL teams as truth.  

This is a fair point. I just don't think it was lack of talent that gave NFL teams a bad taste in their mouths. It was off the field issues and an injury that did most of the damage to his career projection. I'm not saying I'd take him over Brissett, I'm just curious to see what he'd do against starters.