Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Adam Vinatieri (Merge)

chad72

6 minutes ago, FanFromtheWasteland said:

Last year doesn't win games this year. With Luck sticking it to the team 2 weeks before the season starts, the rest of the team needs to step up. Did Vinni? Is that what is going to inspire rookie players. Or is this just the result of the franchise qb saying too bad so sad Im done and best wishes

It's one game.   Relax.   He will be fine

5 minutes ago, Detectacon said:

Yes. Those penalties are intangible and you can’t say how they would have changed the game. What we can say is that he simply didn’t do his job. He cost the game. Period. I would call a missed FG a bad day. Two FG and an XP? He failed everyone. 

I understand your frustration. But it wasn’t as though he didn’t have the leg. He was. off as far as his confidence. He’ll get it back.

Just now, jvan1973 said:

It's one game.   Relax.   He will be fine

I suddenly remember why I don’t post here often. Is anyone allowed to have a different opinion than you? You have an excuse for everyone and you went so low as to call me out for the word I used. You know what I meant and it is the correct word usage in the context I used it for the outcome of the game as a whole. (People who use those tactics do it because they are losing an argument by the way). 

It’s one game and yet he has missed half as many girls as he did all of last year. Riiiight. Nothing to see here.... moving along. 

*Hopefully my spellcheck worked and I  Won’t get called out again by the grammar police. (This is sarcasm). 

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, luv_pony_express said:

Too early?  He’s 46!

He’d never have missed those kicks 10 years ago and everybody knows it.

And combine it with his misses in the KC game.

AV has always been prone to a bad miss or two. His entire career.

Those misses today were killers. Probably the difference in the game. And maybe he is done. But so far, it's just one bad game, which we've seen from him at times throughout his career. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Superman said:

Those misses today were killers. Probably the difference in the game. And maybe he is done. But so far, it's just one bad game, which we've seen from him at times throughout his career. 

It’s actually two bad games in a row — each with costly misses.

And, beyond that, he made a lot of kicks that were marginal last season.  Yes, they went in.  But it was kinda like watching Peyton throw ducks in his last season at Denver.

Vinny needs to hang it up.  Should’ve done it either before or after last season.  There’s a real chance he’ll continue to hurt our team this year if he hangs on.

5 minutes ago, Detectacon said:

I suddenly remember why I don’t post here often. Is anyone allowed to have a different opinion than you? You have an excuse for everyone and you went so low as to call me out for the word I used. You know what I meant and it is the correct word usage in the context I used it for the outcome of the game as a whole. (People who use those tactics do it because they are losing an argument by the way). 

It’s one game and yet he has missed half as many girls as he did all of last year. Riiiight. Nothing to see here.... moving along. 

*Hopefully my spellcheck worked and I  Won’t get called out again by the grammar police. (This is sarcasm). 

Intangible means to have no physical presence.   The penalty on the fg had a very physical presence.   It cost the team 4 points. 

I'm not sure how many girls he missed,   but I bet it was less than the kicks he missed

• Haha 1

39 minutes ago, bluebombers87 said:

It’s not absurd. We left 4 easy points on the field. I’ll give him the 46 yarder as that’s a comparatively tough kick. The other two, relatively automatic for most kickers.

The PAT flew like a fluke, and we converted 2 to make up for it (although Reich may have gone for 2 and the win on the last TD).   

He missed a 29 yarder, and it was with plenty of time left in the second half..  And I think the dropped punt is what got us in position for that FG anyway.  2 mistakes creating a wash.

But there was the horrible D play all game and the inability to stop Rivers, including the actual drive that won the game for them.

2 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

Intangible means to have no physical presence.   The penalty on the fg had a very physical presence.   It cost the team 4 points. 

I'm not sure how many girls he missed,   but I bet it was less than the kicks he missed

Here. I will post a link to a simply google search for you. 

https://www.google.com/search?q=intangible&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&hl=en-us&client=safari

Intangible has more than one meaning. (Hint: I was using the second form of the word).

You're sorry.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Detectacon said:

Here. I will post a link to a simply google search for you. 

https://www.google.com/search?q=intangible&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&hl=en-us&client=safari

Intangible has more than one meaning. (Hint: I was using the second form of the word).

You're sorry.  

An abstract quality or attribute?  Explain how that is relevant?

14 minutes ago, Detectacon said:

Yes, sometimes people can't retort a point so they retort with a nitpick and pretend that what they nitpicked was your point.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Chloe6124 said:

It’s not just one game. This is the same discussion we had after the KC game.

He missed one kick in a 31 to 13 butt kicking.   Those 3 points weren't the difference.   

Just now, DougDew said:

Yes, sometimes people can't retort a point so they retort with a nitpick and pretend that what they nitpicked was your point.

So you think the personal foul on the fg had no impact on the game?

4 minutes ago, Blueblood23 said:

I guess he choked under pressure then.

Yeah,   he is known for choking when it matters.    It's amazing how fast fans turn on players.   He had a bad game.   It sucks.   No one is more upset than he his.   Good lord.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, luv_pony_express said:

And, beyond that, he made a lot of kicks that were marginal last season.  Yes, they went in.  But it was kinda like watching Peyton throw ducks in his last season at Denver.

Vinny needs to hang it up.  Should’ve done it either before or after last season.  There’s a real chance he’ll continue to hurt our team this year if he hangs on.

The bolded. He had a lot of miss hit, low, line drives the past two years. It’s a sign he is having trouble consistently striking the ball exactly where he wants and at the right angle. It’s not just left and right. It’s also how your foot comes into the ball, similar to hitting a golf ball. That consistency is most likely not coming back at age 46. 

• Like 1

Just now, jvan1973 said:

Just now, jvan1973 said:

Are you seriously word picking a part of the definition. Here....I will spell it out for you. 

It it is impossible to truly measure how most penalties in a game would have changed the outcome. They are not measurable....indefinable, indescribable, inexpressible, vague, fuzzy. Do you need anymore of the definition? It generally helps to read it all. 

Do you know what is actually measurable though? The points that are not on the scoreboard from the missed field goals. 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Detectacon said:

Are you seriously word picking a part of the definition. Here....I will spell it out for you. 

It it is impossible to truly measure how most penalties in a game would have changed the outcome. They are not measurable....indefinable, indescribable, inexpressible, vague, fuzzy. Do you need anymore of the definition? It generally helps to read it all. 

Do you know what is actually measurable though? The points that are not on the scoreboard from the missed field goals. 

So are points that were put on the board after a penalty.   The fg was good.   Now follow me here.   That's 3 points.    Then the penalty is called.  Then they score a touchdown, plus an extra point.  Someone check my math,  but I'm pretty sure that's 4 points more than they would have scored.   Again,   The vinny misses were a big reason for the loss.,  but not the only reason

2 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

So are points that were put on the board after a penalty.   The fg was good.   Now follow me here.   That's 3 points.    Then the penalty is called.  Then they score a touchdown, plus an extra point.  Someone check my math,  but I'm pretty sure that's 4 points more than they would have scored.   Again,   The vinny misses were a big reason for the loss.,  but not the only reason

Okay. We are on to simple arithmetic now. Not my best subject, but I think I can still help you. 

They got 4 extra points from a penalty. 

Vinny misses 6 points ( we won’t count the XP attempt since we made it up with the two point try. 

So.... 6-4= 2.

Those two points at the end of regulation would have given us the win. 

I hope were done here. I don’t have a teaching license and I am starting to feel like I might get into trouble. Either way. You’re on your own from here on out. Have fun. 

• Like 1

Okay. We are on to simple arithmetic now. Not my best subject, but I think I can still help you. 

They got 4 extra points from a penalty. 

Vinny misses 6 points ( we won’t count the XP attempt since we made it up with the two point try. 

So.... 6-4= 2.

Those two points at the end of regulation would have given us the win. 

I hope were done here. I don’t have a teaching license and I am starting to feel like I might get into trouble. Either way. You’re on your own from here on out. Have fun. 

You seem to continue to think I think the missed kicks didn't contribute to the loss,  even though I have said that they do.   Even with the missed kicks,  if not for the PI on the fg we would have won.   Thus my stance.   Vinny didn't lose the game on his own.    

Vinny must know he is on the decline.  You can see him questioning himself on the sideline.  Kickers need to be consistent to keep their job.  That consistancy is finally slipping away.  The team won't cut him that's for sure.  They will all talk him up and shrug it off but deep down they know he is running out of time.  Here's hoping he does the right thing and retires before it gets much worse.  Hopefully he looks into the mirror tomorrow morning and says it's time.   I think the fans and his teammates would completely understand.      

25 minutes ago, luv_pony_express said:

I don't think a game last year is relevant. 

My point is simple. Until this happens again, it's just one bad game. And this isn't the first time we've seen a bad game from AV, so let's not talk about 10 years ago as if he's never missed a couple kicks before. 

In the meantime, feel free to call for his head and declare his career over. You might wind up being right. For me, I'll wait to see how he kicks over the next couple weeks, because again, we've seen this before. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, jvan1973 said:

You seem to continue to think I think the missed kicks didn't contribute to the loss,  even though I have said that they do.   Even with the missed kicks,  if not for the PI on the fg we would have won.   Thus my stance.   Vinny didn't lose the game on his own.    

I’ll tell you what. Go ask Vinny who he thinks cost the game. ....

He is not what he once was. Continuing to miss FG like he did today and against the Chiefs will absolutely doom this season. It’s time to move on. He has nothing to prove and only seems to be goi g after the longevity records. That is selfish if true. 

• Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

So you think the personal foul on the fg had no impact on the game?

Yes, I do.  Especially since Autry is one of the players in the nonplayoff caliber DT package that failed to impact the game in any significantly positive way.  So thanks for lifting up that point about the penalty.

I was responding to @Detectacon general statement he made about nitpicking, (why he doesn't post here often) because you nitpicked my word usage of "good plays" in another post and I didn't want to get into a stupid deflectionary argument at the time over the thing you nitpicked.   So I decided to agree with his basic point about observing nitpicking instead.

He is not what he once was. Continuing to miss FG like he did today and against the Chiefs will absolutely doom this season. It’s time to move on. He has nothing to prove and only seems to be goi g after the longevity records. That is selfish if true. 

That has zero to do with what I said.   I'm sure vinny thinks he lost the game.   But the reality is, he isn't the sole reason we lost the game.   That was my original point,   and it's still true

I agree. can't afford to miss fgs at the moment as we don't score enough.

1 minute ago, DougDew said:

Yes, I do.  Especially since Autry is one of the players in the nonplayoff caliber DT package that failed to impact the game in any significantly positive way.  So thanks for lifting up that point about the penalty.

I was responding to @Detectacon general statement he made about nitpicking, (why he doesn't post here often) because you nitpicked my word usage of "good plays" in another post and I didn't want to get into the stupid deflectionary argument at the time over the thing you nitpicked.   

I didn't nitpick anything.   I said vinny didn't single handedly lose the game.  

35 minutes ago, Superman said:

There is no probably. It was why it was a loss. 7 points. Do you actually grasp that or are you going to wear blue glasses