Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Antonio brown to the pats

Jdubu

13 minutes ago, adubb84 said:

Saw this posted elsewhere:

”AB just bamboozled the entire planet.
Dude was playing chess and the rest of us were playing checkers.

Dude just spent the entire summer getting cut so he could join NE.”

im going to be sick  :pokerface:

He isn't smart enough to play checkers.     

• Like 1

1 minute ago, jvan1973 said:

By his agent and probably the Patriots.   This dude didn't put protection on his feet in a cryochamber.  He doesn't strike me as a member of MENSA

No he is not but he knew acting like this got him traded from Pitt so even a * figure out it work again.

i bet he got cut and his agent had marching orders call BB. Why? Because he feels 1 year with Brady and he put up Madden type numbers and get an even higher payday in FA next year! If it was the Patriots they would have gotten more than 1 year. 

Just now, Qwiz said:

Well this is completely out of left field. Patriots offense just got even more insane. 

The O was/is expected be weaker this year and the D was expected carry the team.. now with Gordon, Edelman, AB as well as Thomas.. Brady has feel like a kid on Xmas morning!

I'm not assuming this works for the Pats. I think AB is toxic, like TO times ten. Randy Moss was nowhere near as troubled as AB has been lately. 

And he shows up in Week 1, doesn't know anyone, doesn't know the playbook, and gets dropped in the middle of the most disciplined organization in sports. I'm not convinced they'll just automatically sync up. 

This is a wild ride. 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, JimJaime said:

The O was/is expected be weaker this year and the D was expected carry the team.. now with Gordon, Edelman, AB as well as Thomas.. Brady has feel like a kid on Xmas morning!

Don’t forget about his backs. Michel, Damien Harris and James White too. Even with the loss of Gronk the O is loaded. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, BleedBlu8792 said:

Oh well.. the games still have to be played. No reason to crown them, they scored 17pts and lost with Moss. 

Brady is getting older and his arm isn’t as good either. They were pretty much a dink and dunk team last year. Their defense has got better and younger. They also get Harry back in week nine. If the nfl does not investigate this there is something wrong.

1 minute ago, Qwiz said:

Don’t forget about his backs. Michel, Damien Harris and James White too. Even with the loss of Gronk the O is loaded. 

True only TE is a weak spot.. watch now “Gronk announces he is coming back and will join the Patriots week 5 after he gets back in football shape” lol..

that said Brady has be very very Happy!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Chloe6124 said:

Brady is getting older and his arm isn’t as good either. They were pretty much a dink and dunk team last year. Their defense has got better and younger. They also get Harry back in week nine. If the nfl does not investigate this there is something wrong.

Investigate based off of what!? A few beat writers speculating the Patriots contacted his agent?  It’s not like phone records will help since his agent is responsible for a few players.. and NO ONE would admit to it. 

19 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

By his agent and probably the Patriots.   This dude didn't put protection on his feet in a cryochamber.  He doesn't strike me as a member of MENSA

Guess my tin foil hat is on too tight today. Think he did a bunch of ridiculous things to have them cut him. 

11 minutes ago, JimJaime said:

Investigate based off of what!? A few beat writers speculating the Patriots contacted his agent?  It’s not like phone records will help since his agent is responsible for a few players.. and NO ONE would admit to it. 

I have some land to sell you if you think this all wasn’t planned. I know it will be hard to prove but that doesn’t mean it should be ignored.

At first I was like, "yeah, whatever" in regards to collusion/tampering between Brown and the Pats.

Really though it wouldn't surprise me, and I'm not really one to go for Patriot cheating conspiracy theories. It'll be especially suspicious if Brown just magically becomes not crazy and gets along with everybody in New England.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Roger said:

So the Pats end up replacing Gronk with AB.

Of course it is the Patriot way. :funny:, that is like when Bill Russell played with the Celtics. Wilt Chamberlain was clearly the better player, anyone with common sense knows that but Russell played with a team full of all-stars like Brady does and they have the best coach. Therefore Russell winning a 1000 championships like Brady does makes him look better than he is lmao .

1 hour ago, Jdubu said:

I actually feel bad for Raiders. They lose two draft picks and I’m sure he has received some sort of cash in this mess. League needs to take action on this deal. This guy has upset the nfl cart. I honestly hope that AB has a catastrophic knee or leg injury in his first pass attempt. He is s *. 

I want to feel bad for them but I can't. They're not wholly innocent in this whole ordeal. 

At this point, the Pats are playing 7D chess. This league has 31 other owners and franchises and they keep letting the Pats get away with all kinds of niggly 'loopholes'. 

As a football fan, I want to see AB do what Moss did in NE. It was amazing to witness, even as rivals.

23 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Tom Brady and Bill Belichick remind me of the Bill Russell and Red Auerbach of their era. They continue to either have a stacked defense or stacked offense. They do it every season lmao . I still think the Chiefs can beat them so i would not crown them yet.

Patriots D is better than their D. (IMO) and the Patriots O is pretty much equal IF everything works to plan.  But it’s not a landslide for either team. 

I dont see collusion, I see a player who wanted out of Pitt and when traded to Oakland which isn’t what he wanted.. if you remember he said to Pitt “Cut me” I think HE wanted play in NE in orchestrated this whole thing get what he wanted. 

32 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

I have some land to sell you if you think this all wasn’t planned. I know it will be hard to prove but that doesn’t mean it should be ignored.

I think AB planned this whole thing! He didn’t want be traded from Pitt he told them to “cut me” as wel and they found a crazy trade partner.  He didn’t want be in Oakland and wanted be a Patriot.. so he acted insane and crazy and they cut him and he got what he wanted.  No collusion just a player getting what he wanted a chance at a ring with Brady.  I think mine is more plausible than the Patriots reaching out to anyone. 

• Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, JimJaime said:

Patriots D is better than their D. (IMO) and the Patriots O is pretty much equal IF everything works to plan.  But it’s not a landslide for either team. 

I dont see collusion, I see a player who wanted out of Pitt and when traded to Oakland which isn’t what he wanted.. if you remember he said to Pitt “Cut me” I think HE wanted play in NE in orchestrated this whole thing get what he wanted. 

It is what it is, I am so use to the Pats winning at this point it really doesn't bother me anymore. It used to bug me when Peyton played because I always felt Peyton was just as great as Brady. Brady's only competition now is Mahomes and Brees but neither are Peyton. I do like the Chiefs team a lot though, they added Clark to the D and Hill did not get suspended. Mahomes is the real deal and Andy Reid can coach.

1 hour ago, adubb84 said:

Maybe true. Just......it all feels well planned and orchestrated, no?

His agent and the Pats orchestrated it. JMO. Someone elsewhere posted a tweet showing Brown celebrating after hearing that he was released. It surely looked like this was all planned. 

Edit: that video is posted above.

• Like 1

How I see this playing out:

- Pats go 9-1 then Gordon is suspended again

- A few weeks later AB starts skipping practice & meetings - is annoyed with double coverage etc, so the Patriots cut him

- But, it's too late, the Pats defense is peaking and they get HFA

- Brady dinks and dunks them to the Superbowl as the weather gets cooler and the Pats D dominates

- Rest of the world prays someone beats them in the big game

• Like 2