Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Antonio brown to the pats

Jdubu

6 minutes ago, Catloaf said:

Pat's already have second easiest schedule this year, and a loaded roster.  Why even play the season out?  Just give them a trophy and move on to next year.  Same predictable mess almost every year.  I have refused to watch super bowls with Patriots in it for the past 6 years... I miss watching super bowls...

This guy will have a say in that Patrick Mahomes Nfl GIF by Head and Shoulders Chiefs won last season until an offside flag came out that had no impact on the play. 

• Like 4

8 hours ago, aavmarine said:

Because the Colts always listens to their fans, and refuse to signs who we think won't be a good locker person. 

Seriously?     That's the best you got?

Lets count the number of ways in which you're wrong.    I'll even let you use your fingers.

1.   Colts management,  especially THIS colts management NEVER listens to their fans,  and it's a damn good thing that they don't.    Good management should never listen to fans.

2.    While you're busy pounding the fans,  apparently you haven't noticed that the fans have figured out what Chris Ballard is looking for.....    high character guys which Antonio Brown is clearly not.   You're not going to argue for AB's character, are you?

3.    Apparently, while you were HOT to sign him, Ballard wasn't.   We had the most money, the most cap room.    And we passed.    We could've topped New England and we didn't.    We let him go to the competition.     So, apparently Ballard disagrees with your view.

4.   And it's not who WE THINK is a good locker room person.    It's who BALLARD thinks is a good locker room person.

Look.....    this is practically a free year.    We're playing with house money.   Expectations are much lower than they were two weeks ago.    Why bring a guy like Brown into a young locker room like ours?    Especially this year.     If it's a few years from now, and we're a legit SB contender,  then maybe you've got a better argument.     Maybe.

Sorry,  but this is a losing battle for you.   

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Catloaf said:

Pat's already have second easiest schedule this year, and a loaded roster.  Why even play the season out?  Just give them a trophy and move on to next year.  Same predictable mess almost every year.  I have refused to watch super bowls with Patriots in it for the past 6 years... I miss watching super bowls...

I haven't watched an AFC Championship game in years, last one was the 2014 one vs. the Colts. I'm not even that pumped that the season is about to start, largely because the Patriots will face little to no resistance en route to the Super Bowl once again.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, adubb84 said:

Saw this posted elsewhere:

”AB just bamboozled the entire planet.
Dude was playing chess and the rest of us were playing checkers.

Dude just spent the entire summer getting cut so he could join NE.”

im going to be sick  :pokerface:

I agree 100%. Everything he's done since being sent to Oakland was to get cut.  And now he's where he wanted to be.  I just hate seeing prima donna players pulling crap like this and getting away with it. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, IcEWoLF said:

Highly doubt any tampering.

just haters want it to be.

I'd bet the whole thing from frozen feet until getting cut was orchestrated by Rosenhaus. Was listening to him earlier Saturday on NFLN and that is one slimy dude. Just hearing his voice creeps me out.

5 hours ago, richard pallo said:

Yeah, He bamboozled the entire planet.  He intentionally signed with Oakland so he could give up 30M guaranteed so he could sign with New England and get 9M guaranteed instead.  That guys the grand master for sure! haha 

30 mill with an organization going nowhere or 9 mill and a great chance at a SB ring. I can see him going for the latter. That extra 21 mill wasn't going to buy him a SB. He can make more money in the future.

2 hours ago, NM_Colts said:

I agree 100%. Everything he's done since being sent to Oakland was to get cut.  And now he's where he wanted to be.  I just hate seeing prima donna players pulling crap like this and getting away with it. 

Just the way things are in sports it seems. Get a “Super Team” decimate all competition. Makes me have a GREATER appreciation for what Chris Ballard does. Built NOT bought. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, NM_Colts said:

30 mill with an organization going nowhere or 9 mill and a great chance at a SB ring. I can see him going for the latter. That extra 21 mill wasn't going to buy him a SB. He can make more money in the future.

I wouldn’t be surprised if he sues to try and get that 30 million too....

• Like 1

brown going to the patriots certainly appears to be shady in how it all transpired. Also, it's not the patriots playing chess while the rest of the league is playing checkers. It's the patriots looking to bend or break the rules, while the rest of the league plays by the rules.

belichick, brady, kraft = cheaters. everyone knows it, but everyone keeps watching.

The NFL doesn't care. Why?  Because any great story needs to have a hero and a villain. The greater the villain the more intriguing the story, and the story for this season just got way more intriguing. The people who hate the patriots, which is everyone who is not a patriot fan, are now rooting even harder for them to lose. That equals ratings.

Thank goodness for Ballard, Reich and the Irsay family. If they had signed this mega jerk I would have an extremely difficult timing rooting the Colts. If having brown or someone like him is what it takes for the Colts to win a Super Bowl, then I'm fine without one.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Fisticuffs111 said:

Ugh. Watch him immediately fall in line and become their Randy Moss 2.0

I heard Scott Pioli on the NFL radio yesterday. He said when they got Cory Dillon and later Randy Moss, the Pats had a strong culture in the locker room.  They 'knew' they were bringing in 1 questionable character guy, and was ready to stabilize him.

The question, is this Pats locker room strong enough to absorb AB in his current state and absorb/modify him? Handle issues before it even gets to Belichick. 

Certainly tolerance level will be low so AB has to fit in, fast, to stick.  Pats can, and have, won SB's without him and will be sure to let AB know that. They don't NEED him to win.  They would like him to help.  And be patient in that, even when he learns McDaniels playbook.  Because he can't demand the ball every play in that system.  We'll see how patient and a good a soldier he will be.

• Like 2

12 hours ago, 18to87 said:

FWIW - Clowney didn't want to play for another BB coaching tree coach. We should all be worried if/when O'Brien gets fired and they bring someone else in. Vrabel isn't exactly setting the world on fire either. 

Its well known that belichick coaching tree isnt great has nothing to do with playing for the man himself.  Say what you want about the man he's a legit football genius.  True genius doesn't transfer.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, ColtsBlueFL said:

I heard Scott Pioli on the NFL radio yesterday. He said when they got Cory Dillon and later Randy Moss, the Pats had a strong culture in the locker room.  They 'knew' they were bringing in 1 questionable character guy, and was ready to stabilize him.

The question, is this Pats locker room strong enough to absorb AB in his current state and absorb/modify him? Handle issues before it even gets to Belichick. 

Certainly tolerance level will be low so AB has to fit in, fast, to stick.  Pats can, and have, won SB's without him and will be sure to let AB know that. They don't NEED him to win.  They would like him to help.  And be patient in that, even when he learns McDaniels playbook.  Because he can't demand the ball every play in that system.  We'll see how patient and a good a soldier he will be.

Oh.... it’ll look like a great move for a while.... but it’s Antonio Brown we’re talking about here.... :lol:

12 hours ago, aaron11 said:

they are going to win at least 12 games this year and probably the super bowl.  their schedule isnt that tough either as usual, the colts is harder for some reason 

Hard to make a tough schedule for the only AFC team thar can never be scheduled against the Patriots

1 hour ago, ColtsBlueFL said:

If there's a clubhouse in the entire NFL that can do it its theirs.  The Patriots have so much cred among the players right now because they have playing in the Superbowl in any given year an incentive.  That's one heck of a carrot.  And the veterans there, not just Brady but Edelman, Hightower, McCourty, and the list goes on.  That org is stacked with so much veteran leadership its unreal.  Dynasties are like that.

Just saying ab behaving himself might not be evidence of collusion.  It might be evidence of thw franchise reputation among players and strong veteran clubhouse

• Like 2

8 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

Seriously?     That's the best you got?

Lets count the number of ways in which you're wrong.    I'll even let you use your fingers.

1.   Colts management,  especially THIS colts management NEVER listens to their fans,  and it's a damn good thing that they don't.    Good management should never listen to fans.

2.    While you're busy pounding the fans,  apparently you haven't noticed that the fans have figured out what Chris Ballard is looking for.....    high character guys which Antonio Brown is clearly not.   You're not going to argue for AB's character, are you?

3.    Apparently, while you were HOT to sign him, Ballard wasn't.   We had the most money, the most cap room.    And we passed.    We could've topped New England and we didn't.    We let him go to the competition.     So, apparently Ballard disagrees with your view.

4.   And it's not who WE THINK is a good locker room person.    It's who BALLARD thinks is a good locker room person.

Look.....    this is practically a free year.    We're playing with house money.   Expectations are much lower than they were two weeks ago.    Why bring a guy like Brown into a young locker room like ours?    Especially this year.     If it's a few years from now, and we're a legit SB contender,  then maybe you've got a better argument.     Maybe.

Sorry,  but this is a losing battle for you.   

Man, you have problems!! You need to step away from this, if you thought I was serious. Like I said to that last guy who commented on this. "How old are you? Do you not know  what sarcasm is?"

35 minutes ago, aavmarine said:

Man, you have problems!! You need to step away from this, if you thought I was serious. Like I said to that last guy who commented on this. "How old are you? Do you not know  what sarcasm is?"

Considering there are numerous folks on this forum that consistently beat that drum, there is no way anyone could have known that your post was sarcastic. It just read as just another person upset that CB insists on building this team with "choir boys".

You may want to use a /s tag in the future or just understand that most people aren't going to take your sarcastic post as intended. 

• Thanks 2

This was so obviously orchestrated from both sides. Even if the Pats and AB didn't plan it from the beginning, I have no doubt that as soon as the Pat's seen things were a little bumpy in Oakland they contacted Rosenhaus and "planted the seed" that they would be interested. Rosenhaus then told AB the Pats had interest so AB forced his way out. 

AB doesn't care about the money he lost in the short term, because he got his way and figures he will make it back in the long term(if he doesn't end getting to keep the raiders money anyway). Rosenhaus doesn't care about the money/cut he potentially loses because again he likely makes it up in the long term, and it is great marketing for potential future clients that he can "make things work out". 

Pats should be investigated even if nothing is likely to come of it just for principles sake. Raiders should be be all over this. Pats are such a dirty team I wish a team that knew they had no chance at the playoffs (calling you Miami) would send someone to wipeout Brady's knees. 

18 minutes ago, esmort said:

Raiders should be be all over this.

Hey, you never know, there might be people in the Raiders organization still salty about the Tuck Rule game that launched the Pats dynasty.

If we're lucky, they might actually pursue this.  :thmup:

Just doesn't seem right that the Pats found a way to hose the Raiders AGAIN...  (Tuck Rule, Randy Moss, now AB)  :thmdown:

• Like 1

6 hours ago, NM_Colts said:

Here's my take.  There is no guarantee he can make this money up in the future.  He could tear his ACL in his first game with the Pats for that matter.  A lot of things could go wrong for him and the Pats this year.  We have a long way to go.  When players negotiate contracts nowadays the biggest thing they are looking for is guaranteed money.  He could care less about a SB IMO.  It's all about the guaranteed money.  He screwed up plain and simple.   He will put on his smiley face for the cameras but deep down he knows he blew 21M dollars right out of his bank account and he has no one to blame but himself.  More visits with his analyst coming up I think.

• Like 1

Very anxious to see how this plays out. Just because the spoiled brat child  threw numerous tantrums, to finally get his way, doesn't mean the new adopted parents will be able to control him, or protect the others from his toxic personality.

Hopefully poetic justice will prevail.

:Nuke:

2 hours ago, Imgrandojji said:

Its well known that belichick coaching tree isnt great has nothing to do with playing for the man himself.  Say what you want about the man he's a legit football genius.  True genius doesn't transfer.

Just drink the Kool aid of Mr. kraft while in new England, and you'll be okay. Only New England facility know how to handle trouble makers. Only New England coaches can game plan for their opponents weekly. Only New England defensive guys can take away the other teams number 1 guy. 

Coaches and players who leave the Kool aid just die. Lol

15 minutes ago, richard pallo said:

Here's my take.  There is no guarantee he can make this money up in the future.  He could tear his ACL in his first game with the Pats for that matter.  A lot of things could go wrong for him and the Pats this year.  We have a long way to go.  When players negotiate contracts nowadays the biggest thing they are looking for is guaranteed money.  He could care less about a SB IMO.  It's all about the guaranteed money.  He screwed up plain and simple.   He will put on his smiley face for the cameras but deep down he knows he blew 21M dollars right out of his bank account and he has no one to blame but himself.  More visits with his analyst coming up I think.

Agreed.

That video of him celebrating his release is staged.  It's simply a way to try to tell the world he is in control.  Mayock has the ultimate control by being in charge of the roster, but, of course, the video wants you to think AB has control over Mayock by getting Mayock to do what AB wanted him to do in the first place.

He hasn't stopped escalating.  Still trying to show the world that nobody ever has authority over him, by showing that he put the final word into the Raiders conversation instead of Mayock.

We'll see what happens with the Pats.  Maybe he'll start a new topic to express control, or he'll accept his position.

14 hours ago, LockeDown said:

He’s gonna want to break Randy Moss/ Brady records cause he thinks he’s the greatest. If that doesn’t look to happen , at some point he will throw a temper tantrum and rebel. 

Then he will be cut again.. BB doesn’t take well to that stuff

People saying the Pats HAD TO have reached out to AB agent. I say the fact that the Patriots offered a 1st round pick for AB but the Steelers refuse to trade him to them is proof enough. Why? Because I guarantee you AB and/or his agent found out and decided to play the spoiled annoying brat act 2.0 in Oakland.  They didn’t have to contact NE they already knew they were interested.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

This guy will have a say in that Patrick Mahomes Nfl GIF by Head and Shoulders Chiefs won last season until an offside flag came out that had no impact on the play. 

If they had called the obvious Offensive PI earlier in the game they would have also lost.. point is stuff happens and they lost.. and let’s see how he does in year 2.. and well Andy Reid is a good Coach but a choker..

5 minutes ago, JimJaime said:

If they had called the obvious Offensive PI earlier in the game they would have also lost.. point is stuff happens and they lost.. and let’s see how he does in year 2.. and well Andy Reid is a good Coach but a choker..

I don't think Mahomes will throw for 50 TD's and 5000 Yards again. I still think the Chiefs will win 12 or 13 games and he will still throw for 40 or so TD's and around 4500 yards. I agree about Reid, many think that about Andy Reid and until he wins a SB, many will still doubt him. People did the same thing with Dungy for years until he won one in 2006.

1 hour ago, JimJaime said:

People saying the Pats HAD TO have reached out to AB agent. I say the fact that the Patriots offered a 1st round pick for AB but the Steelers refuse to trade him to them is proof enough. Why? Because I guarantee you AB and/or his agent found out and decided to play the spoiled annoying brat act 2.0 in Oakland.  They didn’t have to contact NE they already knew they were interested.

AB and DR don't throw away 30 mil guaranteed and actively look for release on just the fact that NE was interested when he was with the Steelers (and "hopefully" still are) . 

If you don't think there was a "handshake backroom" contract waiting you are blinded by homerism. Don't let Fandom cloud common sense. 

The moment I learned he was released by the Raiders I turned to my wife and said you just watch, the Patriots will sign him.  She said if they do, she’ll hate the Pats even more! (From watching Hard Knocks and seeing all of the summer news about Brown, she can’t stand him, thinks he’s a selfish diva.)

Later in the day I showed her the headline that the Patriots signed him.  lol  I said don’t worry, though, the Steelers will put the beat down on the Pats to start the season.  (Yeah, my heart speaking. lol)

2 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I don't think Mahomes will throw for 50 TD's and 5000 Yards again. I still think the Chiefs will win 12 or 13 games and he will still throw for 40 or so TD's and around 4500 yards. I agree about Reid, many think that about Andy Reid and until he wins a SB, many will still doubt him. People did the same thing with Dungy for years until he won one in 2006.

Well.... he's already got 300 and 2TD's on Jax defense in the first half..

• Like 2

1 hour ago, esmort said:

AB and DR don't throw away 30 mil guaranteed and actively look for release on just the fact that NE was interested when he was with the Steelers (and "hopefully" still are) . 

If you don't think there was a "handshake backroom" contract waiting you are blinded by homerism. Don't let Fandom cloud common sense. 

(Facepalm) it is widely reported AB WANTED be in NE and well everyone was saying the WR were a weak spot before this.. so a BLIND  man could see they still be interested..

that said if if you have AB in your fantasy league start him next week! My god the Dolphins are beyond bad!!

17 minutes ago, BleedBlu8792 said:

Well.... he's already got 300 and 2TD's on Jax defense in the first half..

Oh he going still be good!  I think he be the face of the NFL by himself In a couple years!  I just expect those no look passes and throwing off his back foot will come back bite him in the butt against better teams.  (Or even the Jags if Foles hadn’t gotten hurt)