Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Antonio brown to the pats

Jdubu

36 minutes ago, JimJaime said:

Ya that includes Andy Reid.. that man almost always poops himself when he faces BB.. 

If Andy can hold his poop in maybe he finally gets that choke label off his back lmao . I will never forget the 2013 playoff game vs the Chiefs when we were down 38-10, I told a friend of mine not to worry because they have Reid coaching haha . We came back and won 45-44. I like Reid though, he is similar to Dungy as he is just to conservative sometimes.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Chloe6124 said:

Teams that play the pats have got to stop being intimidated by them. Especially in the playoffs.

Amen. What they are truly great at is winning the mental side of every aspect the game has. On the field and off the field. They gameplan better and make better adjustments. They also make the most out of their resources and make savvy moves as much as anyone in the league. They execute down the stretch better than anyone else. Their offense looked pretty bleak once Gronk retired and they lost Hogan. Then next thing you know they possibly have the most talented WR group in the league. 

But I ain't even mad about them acquiring AB. He makes the perfect Patriot, he is a * to the core. I hope we get a crack at them in the playoffs, because I cant imagine anything more satisfying than beating them, even winning a chip.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Gramz said:

Just seems so calculated.

Be side AB wanted this the whole time. Think about it, he asked the Steelers to cut him.. instead they trade him.. the. He acts all weird and nuts and gets the Raiders to cut him. He tells his agent ONLY team he wants is NE and bam bobs your uncle. 

Why? Because I bet HE thinks he can put up Moss 2007 numbers and get an even higher payday next offseason..

Just now, JimJaime said:

Be side AB wanted this the whole time. Think about it, he asked the Steelers to cut him.. instead they trade him.. the. He acts all weird and nuts and gets the Raiders to cut him. He tells his agent ONLY team he wants is NE and bam bobs your uncle. 

Why? Because I bet HE thinks he can put up Moss 2007 numbers and get an even higher payday next offseason..

I hope it backfires on all of them!

• Like 3

Sitting here laughing at how much everyone is all jacked up about this. Yes, myself included.  :dunno:haha

Fact is....this is what he wanted, he threw a tantrum, like a spoiled brat, and eventually got his way. 

Was NE in on it from the beginning? or did they just take advantage and jump on  it when he became available?   That is the million dollar question.

• Like 2

What put Peyton on Brady's and BB's level was Peyton wasn't intimidated by that team. Early in Peyton's career he just couldn't figure out the Pats defensive schemes hence the playoff losses in 2003 and 2004. Peyton figured them out after that as he won the last 3 playoff games playing against that duo/team in 2006, 2013, and 2015. I can honestly say BB doesn't fear any QB but he did Peyton. When the Pats played us or Denver, BB would go for it on 4th and short instead of taking the sure 3 for example. He did it a lot because he knew how dangerous Peyton was. He knew he needed 7's to beat him.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Gramz said:

Sitting here laughing at how much everyone is all jacked up about this. Yes, myself included.  :dunno:haha

Fact is....this is what he wanted, he threw a tantrum, like a spoiled brat, and eventually got his way. 

Was NE in on it from the beginning? or did they just take advantage and jump on  it when he became available?   That is the million dollar question.

Something just doesn't seem right....and based in past precedent, nothing of any significance will happen to NE if it is proven they tampered.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, John Hammonds said:

Let's just wait to see what helmet AB chooses.

If a journalist asks him if he's going to pitch a fit about his helmet, and he's all "Naaaah, man, I'm good with it", then I would suspect.... COLLUSION!  :)

Weird thing here is, I don't think this was collusion.   Collusion is simply not required to achieve this outcome

The Patriots have a different reputation in clubhouses than they do on fan forums.

Here they're the fn Patriots, the Cheats and all that crap, but to the guys on the field, they're a franchise you want your name associated with, because they're run like a machine and compete every year.

Occam's razor, the simplest plausible explanation is usually the correct one.  And it's plausible that AB shot his way out of town with no particular plan but the Pats had been keeping an eye on the situation, like they always are, and were able to pounce quickly with a strong offer and the reputation they bring to the table was enough to get AB to move on it immediately. 

In other words all that was really required was not collusion, but for the best FO in North American sports to be a good FO.

that said I think the Patriots are going to regret this one.  But if AB gets them some wins before he cancers all over their organization, I'm sure they'll chalk it up as a success

16 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

What put Peyton on Brady's and BB's level was Peyton wasn't intimidated by that team. Early in Peyton's career he just couldn't figure out the Pats defensive schemes hence the playoff losses in 2003 and 2004. Peyton figured them out after that as he won the last 3 playoff games playing against that duo/team in 2006, 2013, and 2015. I can honestly say BB doesn't fear any QB but he did Peyton. When the Pats played us or Denver, BB would go for it on 4th and short instead of taking the sure 3 for example. He did it a lot because he knew how dangerous Peyton was. He knew he needed 7's to beat him.

Don't think either Peyton or Brady feared eah other.  Both great competitors, both had their wins and defeats.  It was a good matchup until the team dumped Manning to the curb with mileage left in the tank.  Still feel like they shouldn't have done that. 

Team was trying too hard to be "clever" with Suck for Luck IMHO.  When you've got an all-world all-time talent in your stable, you ride it util it won't ride anymore.  We coulda figured something out in 15 16 when Peyton ran out of mileage.  Ended our part of a good rivalry way too early.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Imgrandojji said:

When you've got an all-world all-time talent in your stable, you ride it util it won't ride anymore.  We coulda figured something out in 15 16 when Peyton ran out of mileage.  Ended our part of a good rivalry way too early.

Peyton would have had more in the tank if Denver stayed in his offense. He was on track for another MVP until Elway demanded change midway through Fox's last year. People forget that Fox to the Bears was rumored the morning the Colts beat them in the playoffs. The next year, asking a 38 year old to run the Kubiak offense cut Peyton's career short IMO. His arm looked gone, but the lower body played a role in that as well. If the same thing happened to Brady at 38, he'd be retired soon after too.   

14 minutes ago, Imgrandojji said:

The Patriots have a different reputation in clubhouses than they do on fan forums.

Here they're the fn Patriots, the Cheats and all that crap, but to the guys on the field, they're a franchise you want your name associated with, because they're run like a machine and compete every year.

FWIW - Clowney didn't want to play for another BB coaching tree coach. We should all be worried if/when O'Brien gets fired and they bring someone else in. Vrabel isn't exactly setting the world on fire either. 

2 hours ago, JimJaime said:

No he is not but he knew acting like this got him traded from Pitt so even a * figure out it work again.

i bet he got cut and his agent had marching orders call BB. Why? Because he feels 1 year with Brady and he put up Madden type numbers and get an even higher payday in FA next year! If it was the Patriots they would have gotten more than 1 year. 

Yeah cut and signed by the Patriots in a couple hours.   Nothing to see here.   Get real.   

• Like 2

1 minute ago, LockeDown said:

He’s gonna want to break Randy Moss/ Brady records cause he thinks he’s the greatest. If that doesn’t look to happen , at some point he will throw a temper tantrum and rebel. 

If...????

Not if...  but when. :goodluck:

• Like 2

1 minute ago, aaron11 said:

they are going to win at least 12 games this year and probably the super bowl.  their schedule isnt that tough either as usual, the colts is harder for some reason 

It’s not hard to have a easy schedule when the rest of the division is terrible. One of the many reasons they have all the SB is because they have a crappy division and almost always end up with the 1 or 2 seed.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Qwiz said:

Well this is completely out of left field. Patriots offense just got even more insane. 

Yes!!! But leave it up to Colts fans, especially on here, and we will never sign a great player, because we don't want to spend the money, and he is not worth it. Oh, and every great player looking for a better contract, instantly doesn't fit our locker room, and has major personalities problems. 

2 hours ago, JimJaime said:

And if he does put up big numbers and signs elsewhere, the Pats will receive a shiny 3rd round compensatory pick. Ugh.

Best way to get comp picks: sign a good player for one year and let him walk.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

If Andy can hold his poop in maybe he finally gets that choke label off his back lmao . I will never forget the 2013 playoff game vs the Chiefs when we were down 38-10, I told a friend of mine not to worry because they have Reid coaching haha . We came back and won 45-44. I like Reid though, he is similar to Dungy as he is just to conservative sometimes.

You don’t think the cumulative effect of losing Charles, Justin Houston, Donnie Avery, and Brandon Flowers contributed to that by the end of the game that team had no one of note playing for them. Don’t get me wrong...I’m not that impressed with Reid especially his ability to run a two minute drive but that game had come back written all over for it...we caught numerous breaks.

17 minutes ago, dgambill said:

You don’t think the cumulative effect of losing Charles, Justin Houston, Donnie Avery, and Brandon Flowers contributed to that by the end of the game that team had no one of note playing for them. Don’t get me wrong...I’m not that impressed with Reid especially his ability to run a two minute drive but that game had come back written all over for it...we caught numerous breaks.

Still no excuse to blow a 38-10 lead. They were up 38-10 in the 3rd Qtr. Alex Smith was healthy the whole game so they did not lose their QB. I get what you are saying but being up 38-10 in the 3rd, a team should never lose.

• Like 1

The Pats doing Pats things.  Bet they knew it would happen all along.  I think Brown orchestrated the whole thing.  If I were the Raiders I would have kept him and sat his butt down and tried to look for a trade and at LEAST get like a 3rd or 4th round pick out of him, if not then in the off-season.  Instead, they just let him walk and the Pats pick him up for nothing.  Now he'll likely be a ProBowler, get a ring, and then the Pats will release him and get a comp pick.  Again, Pats doing Pats things.  GOD I hate them.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, adubb84 said:

Saw this posted elsewhere:

”AB just bamboozled the entire planet.
Dude was playing chess and the rest of us were playing checkers.

Dude just spent the entire summer getting cut so he could join NE.”

im going to be sick  :pokerface:

Yeah, He bamboozled the entire planet.  He intentionally signed with Oakland so he could give up 30M guaranteed so he could sign with New England and get 9M guaranteed instead.  That guys the grand master for sure! haha 

5 minutes ago, richard pallo said:

Yeah, He bamboozled the entire planet.  He intentionally signed with Oakland so he could give up 30M guaranteed so he could sign with New England and get 9M guaranteed instead.  That guys the grand master for sure! haha 

Yeah if Bobby Fischer were alive he would want no part of Antonio Brown lmao , that Brown is one tricky dude I tell ya :funny:

5 hours ago, 1959Colts said:

This is 100% staged. He got the news, then went out of his way to set this thing up for attention. I can't wait until this guy becomes irrelevant.

As for signing with the Pats, I'm in full on tin hat mode. I think this whole thing was orchestrated. It all just seems too convenient for New England and Brown

• Like 4

Pat's already have second easiest schedule this year, and a loaded roster.  Why even play the season out?  Just give them a trophy and move on to next year.  Same predictable mess almost every year.  I have refused to watch super bowls with Patriots in it for the past 6 years... I miss watching super bowls...

• Like 1