Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

MJD RB Rankings: Mack at #24

Caleb3502

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001034041/article/ranking-all-32-rb1s-heading-into-2019-saquon-barkley-no-1

Can't say that I agree that Mack is the 24th best starting RB, when he has Josh Jacobs at #21 without taking a snap yet and Damien Williams at #20.  

Mack's NFL statistical ranks

16th in Rush Yards with 908 

Tied for 7th in TDs with 9 

6th in Rush Yards/Game with 75.7

2nd in Postseason Rush Yards with 194 

• Like 1

This would be my list: 

1. Saquon Barkley 

2. Ezekiel Elliott 

3. Alvin Kamara 

4. Christian McCaffrery 

5. Todd Gurley 

6. Le'Veon Bell 

7. Melvin Gordon 

8. Joe Mixon 

9. James Conner 

10. Nick Chubb 

11. Phillip Lindsay 

12. Sony Michel 

13. David Johnson 

14. Derrick Henry 

15. Chris Carson 

16. Marlon Mack 

17. Kerryon Johnson 

18. Aaron Jones 

19. Leonard Fournette   

20. Dalvin Cook 

21. Jordan Howard 

22. Mark Ingram 

23. Adrian Peterson 

24. LeSean McCoy 

25. Devonta Freeman 

26. Lamar Miller 

27. Kenyan Drake 

28. Tevin Coleman 

29. Damien Williams  

30. Josh Jacobs 

31. David Montgomery 

32. Ronald Jones  

This article seems to be written from a FF standpoint...though he doesn't actually say that.

I will say...it's easy to forget just how many good RBs there are in the NFL. I don't necessarily agree with some of the guys he has over Mack...then again...I also think he is low on some other guys.

15 hours ago, WoolMagnet said:

MGD is still mad we too Addai.

Although Addai is a XLI SB winning RB, MJD was the better of the two IMO.

He was a one man show on some crappy Jacksonville teams, much like

Walter Payton on the Bears team pre 1985 season. 

• Like 2

It will be interesting this year. If he stays healthy, he should be top 10 in yards. I'm guessing he'll lose short yardage and late game (when we are up) carries to Ware, which is fine with me. That should help keep him healthy and more productive when he does get the ball. His YPG I'm guessing will be similar, but his YPC should go up.

On 6/18/2019 at 4:36 PM, WoolMagnet said:

MGD is still mad we too Addai.

well he did get some pay back against the team, he kick our butts on several occasions 

ironically he helped us get andrew luck too, if not for one of those occasions we would have missed out!  we should be thanking him if anything 

9 minutes ago, PeterBowman said:

I know it's all subjective, but I can't agree with having Josh Jacobs ahead of him and he hasn't even played yet.

running backs are probably the easiest position to project.  lots of people thought barkely would be a top back and he was that all season long 

1 hour ago, aaron11 said:

well he did get some pay back against the team, he kick our butts on several occasions 

ironically he helped us get andrew luck too, if not for one of those occasions we would have missed out!  we should be thanking him if anything 

Like the year he ran all over us.... oh wait, that was the year our guys got a ring.  He was a nice RB, but it couldnt get the Jags out of the cellar.  We owned the division pretty much his whole career.

Just now, WoolMagnet said:

Like the year he ran all over us.... oh wait, that was the year our guys got a ring.  He was a nice RB, but it couldnt get the Jags out of the cellar.  We owned the division pretty much his whole career.

lots of players hold grudges over the draft, i dont see any problem with that.  

convincing yourself you were slighted can be a powerful motivator even when its not really warranted.  i almost wish we had taken him, but then the colts probably would have won that game week 17 2011...

Meh

I think I would argue a couple of guys should be behind Mack at this point.

Josh Jacobs - Rookie

Fournette - Highly overrated

Ingram - Aging 

Peterson - WAY past his prime.  Typically has one good game at the beginning of the year and makes everyone think "AD is back!" then does poorly the other 15 games.

McCoy - Aging

So that would move Mack up to like 19 or so.  So 24 is a little low but not too low.  

On 6/19/2019 at 11:57 AM, Irish YJ said:

It will be interesting this year. If he stays healthy, he should be top 10 in yards. I'm guessing he'll lose short yardage and late game (when we are up) carries to Ware, which is fine with me. That should help keep him healthy and more productive when he does get the ball. His YPG I'm guessing will be similar, but his YPC should go up.

I'd say that would be impressive, considering Edgerrin James never topped what Marlon Mack did YPC wise last year.

16 hours ago, Lawrence Owen said:

I'd say that would be impressive, considering Edgerrin James never topped what Marlon Mack did YPC wise last year.

Addai had 4.8 in 2006, which is better than Mack's 4.7, so maybe the wrong comparison :-).

Any RB's average will go up typically if you take away the "obvious run" downs. 

I think it’s a decent ranking.  I can see him anywhere from 15-25. I just don’t trust Mack to stay healthy. I also think if he can’t play more than 12 games this year we should continue the search for a lead back. Mack can be dominate at times and has the ability to be the guy but the jury is still out on availability. 

• Like 2