Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Erik Swoope is back

TKnight24

He may be a key in (to some degree), making the loss of Doyle not so catastrophic.

I wonder if they might go with an additional Olineman (Good) in some obvious running situations, to help with blocking?

Lastly, two players you’re not hearing about are Grant and Pascal. People are assuming they will not be a factor but I wouldn’t be surprised to see some targets to Swoope, Grant and Pascal (to compliment T.Y.

• Like 3

We've seen More movement in the first 3 weeks of the PS this year than the previous 3 years combined.

My question is this, Is Swoope banking? Or being 'played'?  Because if a player is released from a team, then signs PS duties, that's what, $7600/wk, but your NFL contract is then what? Voided? paid out? And if you're brought up from PS to active roster, then what? And then the full circle again with Swoope.

53 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Thank goodness Ballard signed Ebron this season because Jack may be out for a while. So far Ebron has played well. 

Can't lie I'm a little nervous because just going on athletes in most sports with hip injuries, they're tricky.

Also glad Ebron is here. Maybe we'll be a bit more dynamic with him. Definitely more of a receiving threat.

1 minute ago, IinD said:

Can't lie I'm a little nervous because just going on athletes in most sports with hip injuries, they're tricky.

Also glad Ebron is here. Maybe we'll be a bit more dynamic with him. Definitely more of a receiving threat.

Yeah hip injuries are tricky and not good. This one has me a little nervous too. Ebron is Good though. He isn't the blocker Jack is but Ebron is a better playmaker downfield. 

1 hour ago, richard pallo said:

This move along with the release of Pipkins and the signing of Wheeler to the practice squad signals to me that they are expecting Doyle to miss more than just this game. 

You are always looking for the hidden meaning in everything.  Sometimes it is just simple roster management.  Doyle may be out for a time but this Swoope thing for tomorrow is they have 3 TE sets that they want to run.  

• Like 1

I'm pretty sure when McNichols, Pipkins, Walker and Swoope were released they were all told you're free to sign elsewhere but we'll resign you in a week or two so they don't lose much income.

Seems like they've all spent one week off of the 53 man and/or PS - with the exception of Swoope who was only unsigned for a day.

11 minutes ago, MTC said:

It was silly to release him anyways. Hewitt is a one-dimensional tight end who only excels at run blocking. 

Nothing silly about it - this is just how they manage the 53 and game day actives.  They know what they are doing.

And minimizing Hewitt's set of skills is pretty silly as well.  Tell me a team who does not need a excellent run blocking TE.

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, jskinnz said:

Nothing silly about it - this is just how they manage the 53 and game day actives.  They know what they are doing.

And minimizing Hewitt's set of skills is pretty silly as well.  Tell me a team who does not need a excellent run blocking TE.

I'm not knocking on Hewitt, I was just saying that Colts would have been in trouble with just Hewitt and Ebron as pass-catching options. 

Yet another thread that spirals out of control based on old perceptions.

Swoope can only catch, he can’t block.

Swoope used to be 245.   He’s now nearly 260 and Ballard has said he’s an improved blocker.

But some people barely follow what this website puts out.    Swoope can catch, and (gasp) he can also block.  He may not be great, but he’s willing and tries.

It'll be interesting to see how long it takes to see old outdated views die off.   Around here, that often means years...

(Sigh...)

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

Yet another thread that spirals out of control based on old perceptions.

Swoope can only catch, he can’t block.

Swoope used to be 245.   He’s now nearly 260 and Ballard has said he’s an improved blocker.

But some people barely follow what this website puts out.    Swoope can catch, and (gasp) he can also block.  He may not be great, but he’s willing and tries.

It'll be interesting to see how long it takes to see old outdated views die off.   Around here, that often means years...

(Sigh...)

All it takes is one big game and everyone changes their mind. 

• Like 3