Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Castonzo and Autry Out vs Redskins

Defjamz26

23 minutes ago, Archer said:

You gotta be kidding.  The Colts are more talented IMO...

not kidding ballard is an owners dream filling the team with rookie contract draft picks and low pay castoffs from other teams cuts no game changers on the roster except luck hard to compete with below average low pay talent

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Archer said:

You gotta be kidding.  The Colts are more talented IMO...

We are clearly not more talented.   The Redskins have improved.    Between being on the road and the anticipated bad weather plus our injuries, the Colts are underdogs and have their work cut out for them....

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Coffeedrinker said:

I think it's a conspiracy within the Colts organization... I think they have known all along AC is out for the year but they keep dangling it in front of the fans that he is playing so it doesn't affect ticket sales.

You realize some fans are going to think you’re serious.   They’re not going to know you’re kidding.

10 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

We are clearly not more talented.   The Redskins have improved.    Between being on the road and the anticipated bad weather plus our injuries, the Cokts are underdogs and have their work cut out for them....

Woah, easy with the name calling....lol.

• Like 1

I have been of the opinion that we need to make Braden Smith our RT. He is young, talented and available. I thought at least he looked promising in pre-season. I think it would lead to some consistency that we have not had in a long time. And with a veteran RG to help shoe him the ropes I think it would work

1 minute ago, onebad150 said:

I have been of the opinion that we need to make Braden Smith our RT. He is young, talented and available. I thought at least he looked promising in pre-season. I think it would lead to some consistency that we have not had in a long time. And with a veteran RG to help shoe him the ropes I think it would work

He will be a better guard. He is a stop gap at RT. I think Smith is the starting RG by game 7 or 8. 

44 minutes ago, OLD FAN MAN said:

not kidding ballard is an owners dream filling the team with rookie contract draft picks and low pay castoffs from other teams cuts no game changers on the roster except luck hard to compete with below average low pay talent

:facepalm:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, DougDew said:

Then Clark dresses as the back up T, I guess.  Then goes in if Haeg or Smith has to replace Slauson.  Or do we use are other G, whoever that is.

I doubt it. Glowinski would probably go in if that happens

Could this be a hint Braden Smith will play tackle?

Andrew Luck will play behind his 37th different OL combination:

...the Colts will start their 37th different offensive line combination in front of Andrew Luck, according to Nat Newell of the Indianapolis Star.

Thirty-seventh?!

Luck will play his 72nd career game Sunday.

Joe Haeg started in Castonzo’s spot last week. Rookie Braden Smith and Le'Raven Clarkare the other tackles on the roster.

It’ll be a new combination, and that’s a combination we will have a lot of confidence in,” Colts coach Frank Reich said. “This is why we went big on the offensive line in the draft.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/09/14/andrew-luck-will-play-behind-his-37th-different-ol-combination/

6 minutes ago, 1959Colts said:

Could this be a hint Braden Smith will play tackle?

Andrew Luck will play behind his 37th different OL combination:

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/09/14/andrew-luck-will-play-behind-his-37th-different-ol-combination/

Webb is on IR so it'll have to be different. It'll be either Smith or Clark.

13 minutes ago, 1959Colts said:

Reich comment may point to Smith.

Colts coach Frank Reich said. “This is why we went big on the offensive line in the draft.”

The way that is said, it sounds like they consider Smith more than just a T for injury.  Otherwise, the statement would be a bit CYA in that they just went  big at G, not necessarily the oline.  

Just now, krunk said:

If Braden starts then Luck will be on the run.

Well, with Webb out, Clark is going to have to dress.  Who starts may not matter much.  Either Clark or Haeg can play either T spot if Smith struggles too badly.

Also have to weigh the idea of getting Smith playing time under fire, even though Clark might be a better immediate option.

• Like 1