Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Mortensen: 11 Minute Audio & Article “Peyton Is Much Farther Along Than What They Are Eluding To” Kravitz Agrees

bayone

Sources surrounding Manning have been saying he has been performing well below veteran QB standards and should be heading for retirement – Mortensen believes otherwise. He cautioned that these reports, although just surfacing, are often several months old.

Mort Says he is throwing Very Well Period in audio, he is much farthger along physically than people thiink

The guy is throwing well…what somebody may be hearing may be an assessment from two months ago as opposed to what is happening right now…I understand that information flow sometimes gets snagged and diverted…[the information is not always current because people get pressed for information, so they say what they know, even if they are using old information].”

On whether he stays in Indy he may but

There is a process here that is ongoing between the Colts and Manning…it’s a possibility [that he stays]…it would have to be Peyton knowing that if you go back there that if it is a bad football team,…at some point it is going to be the call for Andrew Luck or Robert Griffin III [whomever the pick is in the draft]…the guy has played there his entire career…there are certain things in place there for it to work, the question is who is going to be on the roster.”

Says in audio if team is bad will be calls for Luck Or Griffin & as rebuilding who knows who will be on the team & Peyton Knows This

Miami Dolphins, a front runner for the veteran player.

“Yeah, I’d say they are one of the favorites, I’d put the Dolphins way up there… You have a team that is really talented-Jake Long, Reggie Bush…they have a defense that is not too bad…there is a lot to be said.. this whole idea that you have to run Peyton’s system is almost an insult to him. This is probably a smarter football guy than we’ve ever seen…I guarantee over the years Peyton has talked about every nuance of the west coast offense…Miami is definitely one of the favorites…there are going to be quite a few teams in it and it is just a matter of him eliminating them.

http://bleacherrepor...ianapolis-colts

KRAVITZ

The reporter who said last month that Peyton Manning has a “noodle arm” now says things have changed.

Bob Kravitz of the Indianapolis Star wrote on Twitter, citing multiple sources, that Manning is currently working out in Florida and “throwing much, much better.”

Sources surrounding Manning have been saying he has been performing well below veteran QB standards and should be heading for retirement – Mortensen believes otherwise. He cautioned that these reports, although just surfacing, are often several months old.

Mort Says he is throwing Very Well Period in audio, he is much farthger along physically than people thiink

The guy is throwing well…what somebody may be hearing may be an assessment from two months ago as opposed to what is happening right now…I understand that information flow sometimes gets snagged and diverted…[the information is not always current because people get pressed for information, so they say what they know, even if they are using old information].”

There is a process here that is ongoing between the Colts and Manning…it’s a possibility [that he stays]…it would have to be Peyton knowing that if you go back there that if it is a bad football team,…at some point it is going to be the call for Andrew Luck or Robert Griffin III [whomever the pick is in the draft]…the guy has played there his entire career…there are certain things in place there for it to work, the question is who is going to be on the roster.”

Says in audio if team is bad will be calls for Luck Or Griffin & as rebuilding who knows who will be on the team & Peyton Knows This

“Yeah, I’d say they are one of the favorites, I’d put the Dolphins way up there… You have a team that is really talented-Jake Long, Reggie Bush…they have a defense that is not too bad…there is a lot to be said.. this whole idea that you have to run Peyton’s system is almost an insult to him. This is probably a smarter football guy than we’ve ever seen…I guarantee over the years Peyton has talked about every nuance of the west coast offense…Miami is definitely one of the favorites…there are going to be quite a few teams in it and it is just a matter of him eliminating them.

KRAVITZ

The reporter who said last month that Peyton Manning has a “noodle arm” now says things have changed.

Bob Kravitz of the Indianapolis Star wrote on Twitter, citing multiple sources, that Manning is currently working out in Florida and “throwing much, much better.”

RGIII should be excluded from these "takes" because that aint gunna happen.

Thanks, Bayone....

This is what I've been waiting for a national media guy to say...

"IF ITS A BAD TEAM" (the key phrase) is a challenge Peyton Manning will take on...

Manning at full health means it wont be a bad team....at least not a bad offensive team

I would like to see film footage of Manning throwing, as I'm sure most of us would. (Some people are going to say, "why? are you a scout? Do you know what to look for? How can you tell froma video if he's throwing well?" I just want to see the velocity, the accuracy, and frankly, how far he can throw. I don't doubt mannings mechanics, footwork, or preparation. It's mainly about the regeneration of nerves and his arm now.

I feel that if TMZ cared about this story, we would already have footage of Manning throwing the ball. Why can't we have some reporter capture footage of Manning throw? Instead, we just get various reports.

Should we hire Bill Belicheck to spygate his work outs? Why haven't we seen anything?

KRAVITZ

Mort also on audio said both Luck & Griffin may not be as good as Cam Newton

@ColtsLegacy: Potential star QB's are born, and come out of college every single year; that's why they are drafted so high. Doesn't mean we shouldn't draft Luck, but we know a healthy Manning is the best in the game.

I would like to see film footage of Manning throwing, as I'm sure most of us would. (Some people are going to say, "why? are you a scout? Do you know what to look for? How can you tell froma video if he's throwing well?" I just want to see the velocity, the accuracy, and frankly, how far he can throw. I don't doubt mannings mechanics, footwork, or preparation. It's mainly about the regeneration of nerves and his arm now.

I feel that if TMZ cared about this story, we would already have footage of Manning throwing the ball. Why can't we have some reporter capture footage of Manning throw? Instead, we just get various reports.

Should we hire Bill Belicheck to spygate his work outs? Why haven't we seen anything?

Probably because Manning is protected by a dozen different stipulations from having video footage of any part of his rehabilitation process caught on video. The coaches can't even watch him right now, so why should we be allowed to?

I've said it before and I still think it so:

Manning's real state of health, arm strength, playing abilities will be the best kept secret until negotiations with Colts will have been over in a way.

Then..HCF..

Is this 'leak' then a signal that Manning has agreed to a deal and it just hasnt yet been announced..?

He's probably throwing indoors. The people allowed to see him would probably have a lot more to lose by releasing footage of him than to gain from it.

Good point. If Peyton was married to a Kardashian (for a few days) we'd get much better updates...

I find this highly coincidental that these reports surface with less than one week for the Colts to decide Mannings Fate. Especially considering that only a couple days ago there we're reports that the Colts can't watch him throw in any capacity until after the bonus is due. Does anyone really think the Colts are going to take the words of some Media personnel no matter who it is?

Look there is no bigger Manning fan than me. To me if Manning wanted to stay here he would push back the bonus and re-work the contract.

So I say he's gone and we should just be thankful for the years he was here and look forward for Luck's years to come. I think this guys gonna be Aaron Rodgers like great!!

I find this highly coincidental that these reports surface with less than one week for the Colts to decide Mannings Fate. Especially considering that only a couple days ago there we're reports that the Colts can't watch him throw in any capacity until after the bonus is due. Does anyone really think the Colts are going to take the words of some Media personnel no matter who it is?

Look there is no bigger Manning fan than me. To me if Manning wanted to stay here he would push back the bonus and re-work the contract.

So I say he's gone and we should just be thankful for the years he was here and look forward for Luck's years to come. I think this guys gonna be Aaron Rodgers like great!!

I'm sure the Colts have someone watching Manning...dont you think?

They wont have to take anyone's word...

For example..Irsay can cal the receivers Manning is throwing to. He's got their numbers.

Irsay can call Manning..as he says he has...

He wont have to guess

Just two weeks ago Bruschi was dead set on it is a mistake for the Colts to keep Manning, and he is dead weight. Just today he was saying Peyton deserves his $28 million, and we don't need Luck. Oh Media, how much I "love" you.

Of course these aren't team official, so the "drop Manning" camp will play the game of how we selectively pick. So lets just wait for team official news to celebrate his, obvious, health.

Just two weeks ago Bruschi was dead set on it is a mistake for the Colts to keep Manning, and he is dead weight. Just today he was saying Peyton deserves his $28 million, and we don't need Luck. Oh Media, how much I "love" you.

Of course these aren't team official, so the "drop Manning" camp will play the game of how we selectively pick. So lets just wait for team official news to celebrate his, obvious, health.

Ohhhh no not Bruschi! He absolutely gives me a migraine.

Ohhhh no not Bruschi! He absolutely gives me a migraine.

Another goody I seen today was Skip Bayless said Deion Sanders is the best athlete ever, physically. ESPN keeps getting worse and worse by the day. I kind of envy the Canadians. TSN is so good.

Another goody I seen today was Skip Bayless said Deion Sanders is the best athlete ever, physically. ESPN keeps getting worse and worse by the day. I kind of envy the Canadians. TSN is so good.

Deion was a heck of an athlete, definitely not the best ever by any means. Yeah that's pretty bad. I agree, they do keep getting worse.

I'm surprised they haven't said Dilfer is the best QB ever yet.