ST Coordinator Joe Judge coming with McDaniels

Bubba_Rebel

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

This would be a great hire, still trying not to get too hyped though.

Kirk Minihane is the only one who's reported it so far, and there have also been past reports that Judge was likely staying, plus the rumor the article mentions from last week that he was going to Detroit with Patricia.

4 minutes ago, Smonroe said:

Is he the guy who called that reverse on the last kickoff?

Lest we be reminded,  Tom McMahon was the author of the worst play in NFL history,  the ill fated fake punt of 2015.....glass houses, no stones........

4 minutes ago, Sumo63 said:

Lest we be reminded,  Tom McMahon was the author of the worst play in NFL history,  the ill fated fake punt of 2015.....glass houses, no stones........

And he's also one of the best STs coaches in the league. It's a good thing we're not all judged by our worst moment...

19 minutes ago, Fisticuffs111 said:

This would be a great hire, still trying not to get too hyped though.

Kirk Minihane is the only one who's reported it so far, and there have also been past reports that Judge was likely staying, plus the rumor the article mentions from last week that he was going to Detroit with Patricia.

According the response on Twitter it has been reported before

30 minutes ago, RockThatBlue said:

McDaniels keeps forming a staff for the Colts yet there's rumors that he's not coming to the Colts. Really is amazing.

I think that's all nonsense colts wouldn't be hiring a staff linked to him if he wasn't taking the job whichever analyst or news station saying this just really needs to stop.

41 minutes ago, Smonroe said:

Is he the guy who called that reverse on the last kickoff?

Yep but I think there was some confusion on the blockers part

2 minutes ago, Tsarquise said:

How is he allowed to take NE coaches with him? Why would they leave?

His contract ran out last night at the conclusion of the game, he's a FA coach at the moment

19 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

Good coaches make bad calls at times.  Just ask BB about 4th and 2.  I doubt anyone holds that against him when you stack up the rest of his resume.  

Exactly. People like to hold onto the negative things too much. Do 100 good things but only talk about the one negative. 

14 minutes ago, csmopar said:

Yep but I think there was some confusion on the blockers part

His contract ran out last night at the conclusion of the game, he's a FA coach at the moment

It’s interesting that people here are already making excuses, but never let Pagano forget the fake punt.   

Just like that fake punt, if executed properly that reverse could have set them up instead of burying them.  

2 minutes ago, Smonroe said:

It’s interesting that people here are already making excuses, but never let Pagano forget the fake punt.   

Just like that fake punt, if executed properly that reverse could have set them up instead of burying them.  

I'm not making excuses at all. I wouldn't have called it in that situation at all. I think that was a fatal mistake. And the blame for that rests on both Hoodies and Judges shoulders. 

Thst said, just as Colt McCoy screwed up and hiked the ball when he shouldn't have, the players screwing up blocking assignments deserve blame too. 

In both cases, they shouldn't have put their players in a high risk situation like that. that said, if they'd bust that open and somehow ran it all the way back, we'd be here saying how great the call was. 

4 minutes ago, Smonroe said:

The two plays aren't really comparable.

1 minute ago, Coltsman1788 said:

Wow...if true there may be some fire to the smoke in New England.    Their OC, DC and Special Teams Coordinators are getting out of dodge.  Pats dynasty might be crumbling before our very eyes.

Perhaps. But if the trio of Hoodie, Kraft and Brady are all still there, they'll be back in the playoffs next year for sure. 

3 minutes ago, Coltsman1788 said:

Wow...if true there may be some fire to the smoke in New England.    Their Offensive, Defensive and Special Teams Coordinators are all getting out of dodge. This lateral move by Judge raises an eyebrow. Pats dynasty might be crumbling before our very eyes.

Some of their fans think so

18 minutes ago, Smonroe said:

Sadly, I am not sure that that (fake punt) if you want to call it that, was Pagano's lowest coaching point.  Pagano was pretty consistently bad in many situations.... game-planning, clock management, in-game adjustments, player development, and evaluating talent... over several years....  remove that abomination of a play, and he still proved to be in way over his head as time wore on....

1 minute ago, Shafty138 said:

Sadly, I am not sure that that (fake punt) if you want to call it that, was Pagano's lowest coaching point.  Pagano was pretty consistently bad in many situations.... game-planning, clock management, in-game adjustments, player development, evaluating talent over several years....  remove that abomination of a play, and he still proved to be in way over his head as time wore on....

Didn’t get much support until this year

4 minutes ago, PrincetonTiger said:

Didn’t get much support until this year

Pagano didn't make those mistakes due to lack of talent....   our timekeepers are amongst the most talented in the league.  Our dry-erase boards are also amongst the best....  his lack of adjustment, development, and time management, all occured independent of Grigson..... he also helped Grigson evaluate players he thought would fit his scheme....  that said, yes, Grigson sucked as well.

16 minutes ago, csmopar said:

Perhaps. But if the trio of Hoodie, Kraft and Brady are all still there, they'll be back in the playoffs next year for sure. 

I dunno, if Robert Kraft steps down and his son takes over the whole thing will crumble.

yes, that was sarcasm.