Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

McD has not let Patriots know he is leaving (Rumor)

IndyNismoZ

• Replies 275
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 minute ago, PrincetonTiger said:

IMO the D played bad and age reared it’s ugly head

Another argument for Offense wins games.  Brady throws for 500 yards against one of the best Ds in the league.  Except for a couple plays, the Eagles pass rush is nullified by a good game plan.  

Cant wait to see JM with Luck.

Just read the patriots post game thoughts thread on the patriots message board and they are ready to pack his bags for him.  They are not happy at all with his playcalling.  Hopefully, Josh reads what patriots fans are saying about him right now.

Just a FYI.....to lay this to rest.  Gronk just said in his Super Bowl exit interview on ESPN...that Mc D is definitely going onto Indy to be our HC.  He stated that he is very blessed to have been tutored and taught from such a GREAT offensive mind.

ALSO......It seems like Gronk has some intentions of retiring possibly, from his statements/interview.

That would be good too.

1 hour ago, Superman said:

This strikes me as Florio hate. 

I'll be nervous if there's no announcement by Tuesday. 

Except Florio isn't the only one with the story....     so is Tom Curren, who is Boston based and has good Pats connections...

I don't think McDaniels is having second thoughts because of anything normal or routine....

I think IF there's a problem it's more along the lines of NE making him some type of offer to follow BB after he retires...   something right out left field...    and again,  that's only IF something unexpected has happened...

We will likely know within 36 hours....  

15 minutes ago, bigt said:

Just read the patriots post game thoughts thread on the patriots message board and they are ready to pack his bags for him.  They are not happy at all with his playcalling.  Hopefully, Josh reads what patriots fans are saying about him right now.

They are silly and spoiled. They need to be mad a Patrice(lol). Pederson had him and B.B. looking silly

IF McDaniels does an about face and decides not to come here he’ll probably never get an interview or job outside of NE again. 

He obviously gave Irsay and Ballard the impression he was taking the job. They began hiring staff handpicked by him. If they thought there was even a chance he might not take the job other candidates would have surfaced since his second interview. He told them he would take the job. 

He’s gonna torpedo what’s left of his reputation by changing his mind now. 

2 minutes ago, John Waylon said:

BUT!

BUT BUT BUT!

Can we talk about a real story here?

Imagine this: 

McDaniels decides to stay and suck hind *. 

The coaching search opens BACK up. 

Toub STILL doesn’t even get an interview. 

How would Greg Doyel end himself?

Call me what you must. 

I hope this happens just so I can see his meltdown. 

3 minutes ago, John Waylon said:

IF McDaniels does an about face and decides not to come here he’ll probably never get an interview or job outside of NE again. 

He obviously gave Irsay and Ballard the impression he was taking the job. They began hiring staff handpicked by him. If they thought there was even a chance he might not take the job other candidates would have surfaced since his second interview. He told them he would take the job. 

He’s gonna torpedo what’s left of his reputation by changing his mind now. 

His reputation wont matter much if NE is offering him the HC job after BB finally retires.   And IF there's a real problem, then this is likely the scenario.   JM would stay to replace BB someday.    

We will know soon enough.

Just now, NewColtsFan said:

His reputation wont matter much if NE is offering him the HC job after BB finally retires.   And IF there's a real problem, then this is likely the scenario.   JM would stay to replace BB someday.    

We will know soon enough.

JM would want to be as to NE what Mike Davis was to IU?  If so, he's not smart enough to be a HC

1 hour ago, Superman said:

This is kind of how I hoped this game would go. McDaniels had a good gameplan and called a good game, but the Eagles made too many plays. 

And they lost their most explosive receiver early in the game...  That Cooks play is why Marv & TY go down...  Ouch.

27 minutes ago, bigt said:

link?

2 minutes ago, Shafty138 said:

JM would want to be as to NE what Mike Davis was to IU?  If so, he's not smart enough to be a HC

You never want to be the coach to follow a LEGEND...  That would be quite foolish.  Has there ever been a coach to follow a LEGEND who matched the previous success?

14 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

Except Florio isn't the only one with the story....     so is Tom Curren, who is Boston based and has good Pats connections...

I don't think McDaniels is having second thoughts because of anything normal or routine....

I think IF there's a problem it's more along the lines of NE making him some type of offer to follow BB after he retires...   something right out left field...    and again,  that's only IF something unexpected has happened...

That's an interesting angle, but why would it take all this time for that to come up. It's been a month, and on top of that, McDaniels gets HC consideration every year. Why now, after two interviews, and at the 11th hour? 

Anything is possible until the pen hits the page, but this doesn't strike me as a legitimate story at this point. 

20 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

We don't know if he's having second thoughts . All we know he unlike Patricia has not announced anything yet. I would be shocked if he hasn't already committed and I doubt he would renege .