Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Irsay

What was he doing in the locker room?  I've never been a Pagano fan but that was Pagano's moment.  Irsay was  vapid and unconvincing in his comments.  I'm guessing everyone in that room knew he was trying to come across as a caring owner but it just didn't work.  He detracted from the class and heart that Pagano showed.  Go with Godspeed Chuck, my fellow cancer survivor.

4 minutes ago, Ehrman.Dutton.Cook.Barnes said:

What was he doing in the locker room?  I've never been a Pagano fan but that was Pagano's moment.  Irsay was  vapid and unconvincing in his comments.  I'm guessing everyone in that room knew he was trying to come across as a caring owner but it just didn't work.  He detracted from the class and heart that Pagano showed.  Go with Godspeed Chuck, my fellow cancer survivor.

"What was he doing in the locker room?" Simple answer, he's the owner and is in the locker room after every home game.

7 minutes ago, Ehrman.Dutton.Cook.Barnes said:

Related image

2 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

He’s always in the locker room after games and by giving the ball to Pagano he helped make it his moment.

It would have been more weird if he wasn't in the locker room, almost like a slap in the face.

No matter what people think about Chuck as a HC, he was always a standup guy who did a heck of a lot for the community.  Irsay was giving him his due.

23 minutes ago, Ehrman.Dutton.Cook.Barnes said:

LOL,

Unless you just fell from a tree you know that "Irsay" owns the Colts... understand?  He OWNS the Colts.  It is up to him who does and who doesn't go into the locker room... :facepalm:

It is confusing that you are confused about this.

19 minutes ago, Smonroe said:

It would have been more weird if he wasn't in the locker room, almost like a slap in the face.

No matter what people think about Chuck as a HC, he was always a standup guy who did a heck of a lot for the community.  Irsay was giving him his due.

100% agreed.  I would have been bothered had Irsay skipped the locker room.  Like you said he gave Chuck his due in front of his players and showed he respected Chuck and pretty much thanked him for his hard work these past six years.  Yes it didn’t end the way anyone wanted it and Chuck probably over stayed his welcome a little but he is a good man and did some good things here.  He’s one of only five coaches in franchise history to get to the AFCCG.  Irsay was paying tribute to that and making sure it was known firing him was business and in no way personal and that he respected what Chuck had done for this team.  

I have no doubt if another owner called Jim Irsay to get an opinion on Pagano he’d only have good things to say and not because he’s trying to trick another team to hire a bad coach but because Chuck deserves them even if he had flaws and things ended badly here.

Irsay cares more than most owners in the league. He bleeds blue and white. He has his issues and I doubt it will be long before he steps aside and his daughter takes over day to day operations. 

I hate listening to him in pressers but I’m happy to have an owner that has that much skin in the game.

3 minutes ago, UKColt13 said:

Irsay cares more than most owners in the league. He bleeds blue and white. He has his issues and I doubt it will be long before he steps aside and his daughter takes over day to day operations. 

I hate listening to him in pressers but I’m happy to have an owner that has that much skin in the game.

Yeah, Irsay does not look good at all. I don't, unfortunately, see him living a very long life and that's troubling to me. Because I do like Irsay a lot and I think he's a good man as well and his heart is in the right place.But I think his demons are taking over his life just in my humble opinion.  

13 minutes ago, superrep1967 said:

Yeah, Irsay does not look good at all. I don't, unfortunately, see him living a very long life and that's troubling to me. Because I do like Irsay a lot and I think he's a good man as well and his heart is in the right place.But I think his demons are taking over his life just in my humble opinion.  

Sadly true. History of drugs and alcohol and he has looked visibly older and more shaky the last couple of years. I hope he can retire soon and enjoy his time more.

Will be a sad day when he retires though. 

32 minutes ago, UKColt13 said:

Then explain #1 your reason Irsay did nothing to protect the franchise QB and don't blame Grigs and #2 the reasons for the collapse of this franchise to an embarrassment and weak everywhere on defense and offense.

10 minutes ago, UKColt13 said:

Sadly true. History of drugs and alcohol and he has looked visibly older and more shaky the last couple of years. I hope he can retire soon and enjoy his time more.

Jim played college ball too.  It isn't a shock he would be having some issues with his body. But the random and nonsensical ramblings are a bit worrisome. Always liked him ,  he cares.  And as much as people like to criticize or not give him any credit , he has produced a lot of winning teams lately. He makes the final calls . 

1 hour ago, Ehrman.Dutton.Cook.Barnes said:

He owns the team, he can kinda go wherever he wants.

1 hour ago, Ehrman.Dutton.Cook.Barnes said:

Really?  :troll:

16 minutes ago, UKColt13 said:

I just wonder how well his daughters will run the organization. It will definitely be different. 

37 minutes ago, King Colt said:

Then explain #1 your reason Irsay did nothing to protect the franchise QB and don't blame Grigs and #2 the reasons for the collapse of this franchise to an embarrassment and weak everywhere on defense and offense.

Because the owner doesn’t make the draft picks or sign the FAs. That’s what he hires a GM for. Blame Grigson for not protecting #12. I do blame Irsay for keeping Grigson longer than necessary though. 

You’re not going to convince me that he’s the worlds worst owner though.

2 hours ago, Ehrman.Dutton.Cook.Barnes said:

Irsay is in the locker room after EVERY GAME.

And he often speaks after a win.

What he did was nothing out of the ordinary.    

Yes, he sounded terrible.  Yes, he looked awful.    But he's the owner and he can do what he wants.   He doesn't ask permission, especially not when he's trying to be kind to someone he's about to fire...

7 minutes ago, UKColt13 said:

Because the owner doesn’t make the draft picks or sign the FAs. That’s what he hires a GM for. Blame Grigson for not protecting #12. I do blame Irsay for keeping Grigson longer than necessary though. 

You’re not going to convince me that he’s the worlds worst owner though.

You sure about that when you see the owner in the same room as all the coaches watching the draft??? Who owns the team?

2 hours ago, Ehrman.Dutton.Cook.Barnes said:

First and foremost, congrats on defeating cancer, I really mean that. 

But as to your comments about Irsay.......

BC668369-44EF-4C85-8184-F6A492F22B67.jpeg

6 minutes ago, King Colt said:

You sure about that when you see the owner in the same room as all the coaches watching the draft??? Who owns the team?

Irsay said during the press conference yesterday that the GM decides who they pursue in the draft, and that he would only step in if there was a major conflict with who he was considering, or something along those lines.

11 minutes ago, King Colt said:

He owns the building. He can sit in whatever room he wants. The GM makes the picks. That’s literally his job.

3 minutes ago, GOZER said:

Irsay said during the press conference yesterday that the GM decides who they pursue in the draft, and that he would only step in if there was a major conflict with who he was considering, or something along those lines.

You confirm my take. Do you honestly believe their is a GM that has final say over any owner? If you saw the press conference on the HC subject Jimbob stated the final call is his not the GMs. There is an old saying in the business world that will forever hold true. It goes like this, " The boss may not always be right but they are always the boss".

5 minutes ago, King Colt said:

You confirm my take. Do you honestly believe their is a GM that has final say over any owner? If you saw the press conference on the HC subject Jimbob stated the final call is his not the GMs. There is an old saying in the business world that will forever hold true. It goes like this, " The boss may not always be right but they are always the boss".

You are right....to an extent, Ballard does the search and brings him his top choice/choices.....this is a quote from what he said....

My philosophy has always been the general manager is head of all football operations,” Irsay told reporters Monday. “The general manager is in charge of leading the search, bringing in candidates, eventually bringing the owner, me, the best candidate or two or three – depending the case, and making his recommendations, or her recommendations.”

7 minutes ago, King Colt said:

If Irsay was making the decisions why would he hire a high priced GM. It’s just costing him cash and as you’ve stated he obviously has no need for him.

If you seriously believe Irsay is the loudest voice in the war room then you need to listen more closely to the pre-draft stuff. He’s the owner, he pays CB more money than I’ll ever make to make those final decisions.

4 minutes ago, GOZER said:

You are right....to an extent, Ballard does the search and brings him his top choice/choices.....this is a quote from what he said....

My philosophy has always been the general manager is head of all football operations,” Irsay told reporters Monday. “The general manager is in charge of leading the search, bringing in candidates, eventually bringing the owner, me, the best candidate or two or three – depending the case, and making his recommendations, or her recommendations.”

I believe that quote was regarding the coaching search rather than the draft/FA right?

I can’t believe anyone would take the decisions away from one of the best scouting GMs in the league.

34 minutes ago, UKColt13 said:

I believe that quote was regarding the coaching search rather than the draft/FA right?

I can’t believe anyone would take the decisions away from one of the best scouting GMs in the league.

Yes sorry I misread, he was referring to coach search....