Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Chuck's Presser Today

Steamboat_Shaun

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, Coltfreak said:

Point one.   Just look at the other teams in the league. Every team has holes and many of them.

we out scored them for 3 quarters.  Other than the fumble that gave them great field position we held them to 13 points.   We held them under 100 rush and 184 passing.   We rushed for 89 and 196  passing.     They got. Lot of sacks because of poor play design and Brissett holding ball to long.  But other than the sacks (which every team gets against us).  I dot think they are better.   At least not yesterday 

Bill Bellicheck would have this team in the playoffs with the talent on the field 

You said they have lesser talent. Please provide proof. Can’t throw a bold claim like that out there and come back with “you prove it” when called on it.

We outscored them in 2 quarters. And are you referring to the TD that gave them the win? I’m sure the Colts would like to not include that but they do. And they out rushed and out passed us. Not sure where you’re getting your stats from but you’re wrong.

They got the sacks because our line is atrocious. 

And no no he wouldn’t.

10 minutes ago, Coltfreak said:

I never said the colts players were better..... I said there are no superstars on that defense.....   CrazyColt  seems to believe that unless we have the 85 Bears out there then Pagano is blameless for any losses.  

You literally said they have less talent than Colts players...

Psst that means you’re saying they’re better.

3 minutes ago, Coltfreak said:

I never said the colts players were better..... I said there are no superstars on that defense.....   CrazyColt  seems to believe that unless we have the 85 Bears out there then Pagano is blameless for any losses.  

Did you not make the statement if we had the same defense we'd be no better?  I mean... That is literally saying that the Colts have better players.  

Also define superstar?  Is that like a top 5 player or Blue Chip?  If so lets take a look.

Can we name 4 linebackers better than Hightower right now?  The Patriots defense was trash until this guy came back and completely changed the entire defense.   I can name one maybe 2 and that would be Shazier and the other would be Paul Posluszny...  Keuchly looks a shade of himself and the closest to the top would be Kendricks and Ogletree. 

Butler is having a down year but can we comfortable put 5 C ahead of him right now?  I mean even Peters is looking mighty normal.  Johnson, Rhodes, Waynes and Ramsey have a case but then that still is only 4 players. 

Gilmore is literally right behind in the next 10 or 15 corners...

Chung and McCourty have both been very meh this year but they have built past pedigree for a reason.  Not but a year ago you'd be hard pressed to find a better tandem in the NFL...

To end it I just feel that you are undervaluing the talent that is in NE to make a point that doesn't need to be made.  I actually think Pagano is getting quite a bit out of this defense, but that isn't the reason why everyone wants him gone (well let me rephrase... why "I want" him gone).  His dated offensive mentality and his lackluster staff is the reason why he needs to leave.  Pagano can have some blame.  I'll definitely put that on him, but this season has been literally everything that could go wrong, did go wrong for Pagano.  Not only has the guy not had his starting QB but his new rookie star FS is out, his 2nd rounder doesn't understand what is to be a pro, his ILB's are the worst in the NFL again (AND THEY WERE UPGRADED), and his best defensive player from last year is no longer on the team...

It is of my opinion that if Ballard had been the GM that Pagano got when he got here we would most likely be singing a different tune to the quality of coach Pagano is as he would most likely have had a higher percentage of drafted players stick to the actual roster and not well... what he has now. 

4 minutes ago, bluebombers87 said:

You literally said they have less talent than Colts players...

Psst that means you’re saying they’re better.

I think you are reading two different responses to different people and trying to combine that answer with  what your are asking me.    

this is why I posted to you 

Compare the players on this team with other teams.     You will find that there are more teams than you realize with the same or lessor talent 

how about the offensive side of the ball.....   why are we not winning this division even with Brissett?    He is not that much different than Mariotta or Bortles.  Offensive talent is very comparable throughout the AFC south.   

Jags have a better D and RB.    Tenn D is not better....  in fat we got outplayed by lessor talent yeterday

all coaching and scheme

1 minute ago, Coltfreak said:

I think you are reading two different responses to different people and trying to combine that answer with  what your are asking me.    

this is why I posted to you 

No I was calling you out on a lie. You said in a post the pats have lesser talent on D than the Colts.

50 minutes ago, John Waylon said:

I hope I'm wrong, but at this point I would bet money he'll be back next year. In fact, I feel more confident that he will be back next year than I did feel confident he would be gone at the end of the season this time a year ago. 

I am with you lately on this, I am confused as hell myself. I got no idea what happens anymore. I used to think Pagano would be fired asap but now I am unsure. 

And with Irsay, I wonder if he would fire Pagano without having a better proven coach waiting to take over. I don't know if I see Irsay firing him and then going around looking for random coordinators to start over with as head coach assuming Luck can be ready to go next year healthy.

6 minutes ago, bluebombers87 said:

No I was calling you out on a lie. You said in a post the pats have lesser talent on D than the Colts.

I found it.  Sorry I thought you came into the conversation later than that.

Yes I did say that.   Other than LBR's  we have a stronger secondary and stronger D line or at least close to equal on dline and in wither secondary with VD gone and Hooker hurt but have Geathers back.  

So yea overall counting in the LBers they are better.... but not by much overall. 

So maybe Im wrong here and took chucks metaphore about the storm coming and it being a self fulfilling prophecy but is he talking about himself getting fired?   Was he basically saying that it's getting late in the season, we keep losing and they aren't going to let this go on forever?  Or was he talking about something totally different?  Lol. I feel bad for the guy, he seems like a very pleasant and charming guy but I think the time has come for change. It might even be best for chuck at this point. Also I gotta give him props on his weather knowledge lol.  Did he major in meteorology in college or something??

I just wonder how Chuck and his staff might perform with:

A healthy Andrew Luck

A better Oline 

A playmaker at ILB

A top pass - rusher

Another year’s experience for guys like Hooker, Hairston, Swoope, Wilson, Mack, Rogers, etc.

I don’t know how many times I’ve heard a coach say they had to simplify a scheme because of the inexperience of a player they had to use. That tells me that with the another year’s experience and the right guys healthy, they would have options to run much more complicated schemes that opposing coordinators have to figure out.

I’m okay either way this turns out. If Chuck is gone it will because Ballard / Irsay think they have better options. If he stays, it will be because they think he can do the job.

24 minutes ago, coltsfeva said:

I just wonder how Chuck and his staff might perform with:

A healthy Andrew Luck

A better Oline 

A playmaker at ILB

A top pass - rusher

Another year’s experience for guys like Hooker, Hairston, Swoope, Wilson, Mack, Rogers, etc.

I don’t know how many times I’ve heard a coach say they had to simplify a scheme because of the inexperience of a player they had to use. That tells me that with the another year’s experience and the right guys healthy, they would have options to run much more complicated schemes that opposing coordinators have to figure out.

I’m okay either way this turns out. If Chuck is gone it will because Ballard / Irsay think they have better options. If he stays, it will be because they think he can do the job.

With all those things, we make the playoffs worst-case scenario. Best case scenario, we win a playoff game or two and lose to the Steelers or Pats. You might be able to convince me that we can beat the Steelers based on how we played them tough and our improved defense, but there's no argument that we can beat the Pats with Pagano at the helm. We can't hope to avoid them in the playoffs or just wait for Brady to retire either. If that happens in 3 more years, it may be too late to win a SB and we don't know how the team will end up. We need a coach who is legitimately good at coaching up either the offense or defense, or has the experience to take us to the SB. Now's the time to act, while Luck still has a window. We don't know the toll these injuries will take on his career lifespan.

49 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

With all those things, we make the playoffs worst-case scenario. Best case scenario, we win a playoff game or two and lose to the Steelers or Pats. You might be able to convince me that we can beat the Steelers based on how we played them tough and our improved defense, but there's no argument that we can beat the Pats with Pagano at the helm. We can't hope to avoid them in the playoffs or just wait for Brady to retire either. If that happens in 3 more years, it may be too late to win a SB and we don't know how the team will end up. We need a coach who is legitimately good at coaching up either the offense or defense, or has the experience to take us to the SB. Now's the time to act, while Luck still has a window. We don't know the toll these injuries will take on his career lifespan.

Not too many (if any) coaches hold an advantage over Belicheck in the playoffs. Even though the Colts under Pagano have not beaten the Pats, the last game was close and he’s NEVER had a defense like he could potentially have next year, if the right pieces were added.

Either way, it’s speculation on both our parts. Changing the coaching staff does not guarantee anything. What it does do is, facilitate a new scheme and language for the players to learn and that may take time.

8 hours ago, Jules said:

I am with you lately on this, I am confused as hell myself. I got no idea what happens anymore. I used to think Pagano would be fired asap but now I am unsure. 

And with Irsay, I wonder if he would fire Pagano without having a better proven coach waiting to take over. I don't know if I see Irsay firing him and then going around looking for random coordinators to start over with as head coach assuming Luck can be ready to go next year healthy.

If Pagano stays coach next year we burn this mother down.

[2015 8-8] [2016 8-8] [2017 3-8] the arrow is trending downward and

there is no denying that. "But but but if we had a healthy Luck" well,

maybe Luck would be healthy if the coaching staff could figure out 

what a 3 or 5 step drop is to get rid of the frickin' ball quicker. Maybe 

Luck would be healthy then.

Listening to 'Morning Men' on Mad Dog Radio this morning (Sirius XM) - The hosts focused on that presser for quite a while.  They said they were tracking with it, until he started talking about storms heading for Miami. 

My take - Pagano doesn't give a hoot in hell anymore, and is just marking time till Black Monday.

3 minutes ago, Dingus McGirt said:

Listening to 'Morning Men' on Mad Dog Radio this morning (Sirius XM) - The hosts focused on that presser for quite a while.  They said they were tracking with it, until he started talking about storms heading for Miami. 

My take - Pagano doesn't give a hoot in hell anymore, and is just marking time till Black Monday.

I heard it, he was talking Sonny and Cher and Groundhog day stuff, jumping off cliffs, etc.. I think he's losin it!

9 hours ago, Jules said:

I think he's gone. If I had to put a % on it I would say 90% which is obviously real high. If he comes back I would be shocked!

Hell yes he has accepted his fate.  He's confused by the fact he has held on so long.  This * should have been shown the door 5 years ago (and he knows it).  He is not a head coach or top notch coordinator.  What a fleecing!  Thanks, Jimmy.

Go Colts!

11 minutes ago, P Son said:

Hell yes he has accepted his fate.  He's confused by the fact he has held on so long.  This * should have been shown the door 5 years ago (and he knows it).  He is not a head coach or top notch coordinator.  What a fleecing!  Thanks, Jimmy.

Go Colts!

That has to be one of the biggest piles of horse dung thrown in here for a while.

You guys do get the Groundhog Day analogy, right?

He’s pointing to the fact that in the 4th quarter, it’s the same thing over and over again, like in the movie. Sonny and Cher start playing (symbolically) and he knows what’s going to happen next - a 4th quarter collapse.

1 hour ago, Dingus McGirt said:

Why should he. He has been dealt a losing hand already.

Yes he want's to coach the Colts but being fired is nothing compared to what he has dealt with in his life. Being fired by the Colts is small potatoes in comparison.

Well perhaps Pagano would make a better weatherman than head coach. He is truly a man devoid of answers at this point. Chuck resorting now to pathetic divert and reflect tactics without the humor to pull it off effectively. He is just embarrassing himself and the fan base now...get him out of here. 

Just now, Coltsman1788 said:

Well perhaps Pagano would make a better weatherman than head coach. He is truly a man devoid of answers at this point. Chuck resorting now to pathetic divert and reflect tactics without the humor to pull it off effectively. He is just embarrassing himself and the fan base now...get him out of here. 

Well it's obvious you fail at being a comedian.

I am not sure I see the big deal with this presser. The reporter referenced Groundhog Day and Pagano went with it. And then he doubled down with a fairly apt weather metaphor. Even if it was a bit orthodox...at least it was more entertaining than the typical coach speak. And that's all you can really do at this point.

I want the entire coaching staff overhauled...but I don't think this presser is any indication one way or the other.

Also, don't people remember Pagano rambling for like 11 minutes on Black Monday last year...when the Colts chicken % owner and former GM wouldn't go out there and address the media? The man obviously knows how to ramble. 

1 minute ago, Coltsman1788 said:

Like a mouse to cheese comes the Crazy One to an anti Pagano post. SNAP! Gotcha.  

Your comment was not an anti Pagano post. Your weatherman dig was meant to be funny but failed miserably. Once again you bring nothing to the forum but the negative fire Pagano horse dung.

2 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

Your comment was not an anti Pagano post. Your weatherman dig was meant to be funny but failed miserably. Once again you bring nothing to the forum but the negative fire Pagano horse dung.

The sad thing is, you don't even like Pagano that much. It's not the Pagano hate that bugs you, it's anything negative that is said about the Colts or members of the Colts team, like they should be immune to criticism. Pagano will likely be fired, you'll defend him until he is. Once he is, you'll start bashing him like you do Grigson and start defending the new coach next season, saying Irsay knows what's best for the team and all that and the circle of life continues. You are a company guy and a yes man. Whatever decision Irsay makes, you say "Yes Sir" and take it as the 100% gospel that he knows all. It's all about positivity for the Colts, even if you have to sell your soul to do so.

1 minute ago, Jared Cisneros said:

The sad thing is, you don't even like Pagano that much. It's not the Pagano hate that bugs you, it's anything negative that is said about the Colts or members of the Colts team, like they should be immune to criticism. Pagano will likely be fired, you'll defend him until he is. Once he is, you'll start bashing him like you do Grigson and start defending the new coach next season, saying Irsay knows what's best for the team and all that and the circle of life continues. You are a company guy and a yes man. Whatever decision Irsay makes, you say "Yes Sir" and take it as the 100% gospel that he knows all. It's all about positivity for the Colts, even if you have to sell your soul to do so.

I don't think you know me as well as you think.

1 minute ago, crazycolt1 said:

No man. Being negative is what you do best. Stay the course. You are great at it.

Crazy...our Colts are 3-8. Face it we are pitiful right now.  It is what it is. I’m not negative just right a lot given the current state of this team under Pagano. And that presser WAS embarrassing.  Nothing more than foolish ramblings. 

1 minute ago, Coltsman1788 said:

Crazy...our Colts are 3-8. Face it we are pitiful right now.  It is what it is. I’m not negative just right a lot given the current state of this team under Pagano. And that presser WAS embarrassing.  Nothing more than foolish ramblings. 

Just how would you react with a mic stuck in your face under the circumstances? It easy for you to chastise and criticize without you wearing those shoes isn't it?

15 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

Just how would you react with a mic stuck in your face under the circumstances? It easy for you to chastise and criticize without you wearing those shoes isn't it?

Good observation - except... an NFL coach has full-time media/PR staff to work with, extensive media training and years of experience behind the lectern and in front of cameras.  Coltsman1788 has none of that.  Chuck Pagano knows better...he's just had enough.

I thought this comment from a Colts fan on reddit was kinda funny (and not meant to be taken too seriously):

"I like how he tried to seem relatable--and it takes an ironic twist. He tried to remember the name of the girl who gets his coffee. Tries to hit on the plot details of Groundhogs day. Tries to identify the local weatherman. Tries to make an analogy about weather...and throughout it all it becomes painfully obvious the cause of his situation.

Dude has zero attention to detail. He doesn't know the name of the girl he sees every day. He messes up alot of the description of Groundhogs day. He Doesn't know the local weather guys/gals despite living here for 6 years. He only has a vague understanding of how weather works...

Its these details that are important to telling a relatable story. It is the details that separate coaches in the fourth quarter. He inadvertently identifies the reason he is in the boat that he is in."