Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Vontae Davis receiving trade interest from 2 teams

RockThatBlue

27 minutes ago, Colts_Fan12 said:

I am too but this is needed imo I'm kinda glad we have been trying to put it off and it's done more harm it's gonna take some time to fix everything grigson screwed up 

If you're going to rehash old topics, please note that the current GM has drafted a potentially fragile FS in the 1st, a CB who can't get active on game day in the 2nd, a 3rd round pick who can't even get that far, and a 4th round OT that couldn't stick on a team that has poor OTs.

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 minute ago, DougDew said:

If you're going to rehash old topics, please note that the current GM has drafted a potentially fragile FS in the 1st, a CB who can't get active on game day in the 2nd, a 3rd round pick who can't even get that far, and a 4th round OT that couldn't stick on a team that has poor OTs.

No kidding. And he took the GM job in spite of being saddled with Pagano, which suggests he was either too desperate for a promotion or blind. Assuming he does get to replace Pagano in 2018, he’d better show more competence than he has drafting players.

6 minutes ago, azcolt said:

No kidding. And he took the GM job in spite of being saddled with Pagano, which suggests he was either too desperate for a promotion or blind. Assuming he does get to replace Pagano in 2018, he’d better show more competence than he has drafting players.

Note that I am not bashing Ballard.  I'm just waiting for the time when the new-guy luster would wear off and objective looks at player selection would take over.  Which will take more than half a season.  

14 minutes ago, DougDew said:

lmao hooker was playing great til he tore his acl happens every year to pllayers plus his FA are 10 times better then grigsons and Wilson isn't playing cause chuck is a # 

They better not trade TY, that would be unbelievably stupid.

VD can go, he's on the downside anyway.

We'd average 3 points without the rest of the season.

I'm not knocking anyone here, but if you're ok trading TY, you really don't understand football. He's a star WR on a terrible team.

There was a time when I wanted Davis to stick around with the Colts for the rest of his career, but his play lately has been terribly disappointing.

He was gonna walk out the door after the season anyway. What Davis believes he's worth and what the Colts are willing to pay him is not even close. 

Someone might overspend on him, but it won't be Indianapolis.

7 hours ago, Colts_Fan12 said:

Why it's no big deal it happens we were fantastic for an unbelievable amount of time we were due to have to rebuild we screwed up after polian and Peyton left hired a bad HC and GM that set us back quite axways

have to face it, we have below average talent and will be in the bottom 5 for years to come

Just watched highlights from the game every major catch  from Cinci was because we were playing off coverage besides the TD by green in which they had Desir on him in man coverage.. I also saw the plays where we got sacks we played Press man and allowed the rush to get there 

7 hours ago, IinD said:

They better not trade TY, that would be unbelievably stupid.

VD can go, he's on the downside anyway.

We'd average 3 points without the rest of the season.

I'm not knocking anyone here, but if you're ok trading TY, you really don't understand football. He's a star WR on a terrible team.

I don’t think it’d be that stupid to trade TY at this point. He & Moncreif are supposed to be this elite WR duo, & they combined for 2 catches & 15 yards today. Backup QB or not, that’s unacceptable.

5 minutes ago, Steamboat_Shaun said:

I don’t think it’d be that stupid to trade TY at this point. He & Moncreif are supposed to be this elite WR duo, & they combined for 2 catches & 15 yards today. Backup QB or not, that’s unacceptable.

That's on you man. Guess it's easy to find those Harrison and Wayne's I guess.

2 hours ago, IinD said:

That's on you man. Guess it's easy to find those Harrison and Wayne's I guess.

TY Hilton is not Marvin Harrison, nor is he Reggie Wayne. He’s never had a double-digit TD season, & he’s gonna be 28 next year. Trading him now while he can still net a high draft pick would be better than trying to move him in a year or 2 when he’s lost a step.

1 minute ago, Steamboat_Shaun said:

TY Hilton is not Marvin Harrison, nor is he Reggie Wayne. He’s never had a double-digit TD season, & he’s gonna be 28 next year. Trading him now while he can still net a high draft pick would be better than trying to move him in a year or 2 when he’s lost a step.

Gotcha.

Totally disagree, but I gotcha.

You better make sure the next guy is better though.

1 minute ago, IinD said:

Gotcha.

Totally disagree, but I gotcha.

You better make sure the next guy is better though.

Pretty easy to replace his production....

last 3 games

19 targets

5 receptions

8 drops

51 yards.

surely we can find a guy to catch the ball 6 times out of 20

33 minutes ago, Steamboat_Shaun said:

What’s there to disagree with? Harrison & Wayne averaged 10+ TD seasons, TY has yet to sniff one. That’s not opinion, it’s fact.

Wayne and Harrison had Peyton Manning and a short passing offense for majority of thier career...do we even know what a slant/ crossing route is in the Luck Era?  You should compare the style of offense moreso than the players ability to catch 10+ tds 

45 minutes ago, csmopar said:

Pretty easy to replace his production....

last 3 games

19 targets

5 receptions

8 drops

51 yards.

surely we can find a guy to catch the ball 6 times out of 20

I meant the last 6 years.

I know you know this is one of those garbage can years, sometimes EVERYTHING goes wrong. I've read this forum for years before posting and know you're one of the sane ones. Having a guy with 6 years and 6K yards is awesome nowadays. 

Getting rid of a proven guy for a maybe for me isn't a wise move. He's not Megatron, but that doesn't make him expendable to me.

It isn't as easy as people think to have a playmaker at WR. This isn't like swapping LB's. Reg and TY were average year one. The new kid will also do the same most likely. No wr threat next year. 

Side Note:

In my sweetest dreams, Reggie, TY and Pierre would have been a fun thing to watch if it ever happened.

40 minutes ago, Steamboat_Shaun said:

What’s there to disagree with? Harrison & Wayne averaged 10+ TD seasons, TY has yet to sniff one. That’s not opinion, it’s fact.

Everyone sucks this year honestly. You know it's not all about td's. Jacoby gets some blame (he's thrown a few into the ground in front of TY), but #7 has to get soon leeway. Been here a couple months. Chud also seems stale, or its a combo of QB/OC.

He's a threat. A 1600 yard get doesn't get any slack with you?

16 hours ago, The Fish said:

You know, I'm standing here wearing a Colts hoodie that I've had forever, typing away on this forum.. I do care (I didn't need to say that), but the truth is that even though we all thought "we're rebuilding" after 18 got cut, that rebuild never really happened. Luck was too good and managed to con the brass into not rebuilding, but going after old guys who all but maybe 2 or 3, none really panned out.

The rebuild was going to have to happen or we'd be looking up at those mavens of Football genius, the Jags, Titans and Texans. 

We need guys who can tackle and block badly. We've got the guy at QB (despite what some think)- basically everything else aside from ST could use a reboot.

Can we hire Grigson again, so that we can fire him one more time? Guy set this team back in a profound way. I'm truly amazed at how crappy of a job he did. 

Grigson had a Mentor that wasn't in sound shape while he was "Mentoring" him.
  The answer really is that simple.

7 hours ago, IinD said:

I meant the last 6 years.

I know you know this is one of those garbage can years, sometimes EVERYTHING goes wrong. I've read this forum for years before posting and know you're one of the sane ones. Having a guy with 6 years and 6K yards is awesome nowadays. 

Getting rid of a proven guy for a maybe for me isn't a wise move. He's not Megatron, but that doesn't make him expendable to me.

It isn't as easy as people think to have a playmaker at WR. This isn't like swapping LB's. Reg and TY were average year one. The new kid will also do the same most likely. No wr threat next year. 

Side Note:

In my sweetest dreams, Reggie, TY and Pierre would have been a fun thing to watch if it ever happened.

Very true. And yes that would have been a fun thing, imagine Marvin in that group as well with a Dallas Clark and Doyle TE group