Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Trade Deadline Fast Approaching

King Colt

3 minutes ago, King Colt said:

Candidates to go; Moncreif, and Vontae Davis. Davis has value while Moncreif is dead weight. What if anything, will Ballard do with this ship?

Moncrief is not dead weight. He was the go to guy for Luck in the end zone. He also has made some good catches without Luck when he has been gone to.

Getting rid of him before we can see what he does when Luck does come back would be a mistake.

10 minutes ago, King Colt said:

Candidates to go; Moncrief, and Vontae Davis. Davis has value while Moncrief is dead weight. What if anything, will Ballard do with this ship before the deadline?

Davis is a free agent next year.   No one is going to trade for him

18 minutes ago, King Colt said:

Candidates to go; Moncrief, and Vontae Davis. Davis has value while Moncrief is dead weight. What if anything, will Ballard do with this ship before the deadline?

IMO Ballard really don't have any chips to make a deal with anyone at this time. Anyone who is talented enough that is worth trading is needed on the Colts roster. We don't have enough depth where we can afford to trade any decent starter at this point.

doubt we will do anything

anyone that really wants moncrief will just sign him in the off season.  he probably wont be a big priority for anybody though

vontae will be 30 next year and isnt playing well, dont see much of a market for him.  some team could be interested in gore, but wont want to trade much for him.  

I don't think Moncrief is dead weight.  It wouldn't shock me to see us keep him around next year.  I think he's got some value as a speedy slot receiver with size.   If Martavis Bryant wasn't so immature I'd say get a guy like him to play that #2 role on the outside and move Crief inside maybe. Crief seems to make some good plays when he's playing inside.

26 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

Davis is a free agent next year.   No one is going to trade for him

The purpose of a trade now is to help your team win now not next year.  If they think he is the guy they will try to get him now and worry about next year when that time comes.  I think ESPN has already brought him up as a potential candidate for trade and mentions Dallas as a potential landing spot.  Teams trading for a player now are focussed on winning this year with that player not next year.  He could definitely moved.  Not saying it's going to happen but it could.

1 hour ago, King Colt said:

niether of those have ANY trade value, both are UFAs at the end of the season. 

40 minutes ago, richard pallo said:

The purpose of a trade now is to help your team win now not next year.  If they think he is the guy they will try to get him now and worry about next year when that time comes.  I think ESPN has already brought him up as a potential candidate for trade and mentions Dallas as a potential landing spot.  Teams trading for a player now are focussed on winning this year with that player not next year.  He could definitely moved.  Not saying it's going to happen but it could.

This isn't the nba.   He isn't going to walk into a team that he has never played with midway through the season and be the piece that gets a team over the hump 

1 hour ago, PrincetonTiger said:

The NFL Trade Deadline is a joke

53 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

This isn't the nba.   He isn't going to walk into a team that he has never played with midway through the season and be the piece that gets a team over the hump 

Yup, and right.

By the time a player comes in and learns the scheme and terminology to 'make a difference', the season will be at its end.  You trade to get draft pics, or get a FA that is young and talented enough to sign long term and be ready next year, and then not have to search for his position in the draft.

1 hour ago, krunk said:

I don't think Moncrief is dead weight.  It wouldn't shock me to see us keep him around next year.  I think he's got some value as a speedy slot receiver with size.   If Martavis Bryant wasn't so immature I'd say get a guy like him to play that #2 role on the outside and move Crief inside maybe. Crief seems to make some good plays when he's playing inside.

Yes well, the same with Hilton.

Dont think the Colts will be active at all this year before the deadline, either bringing on players or shopping guys for picks.  This season is a dead loss and unless Ballard can get some series draft picks (which I dont think he will) then we may as well keep what we have.

Although I am still smiling inside at the two trades with NE for Dorsett and stonehands as neither are getting much playing time right now.

1 hour ago, jvan1973 said:

That's the point.  It's only the halfway point and many teams haven't had their bye week yet.  I think it depends on the position.  We know how difficult it would be for a young QB but other positions could adapt faster IMO.  We are pretty much talking veteran players being moved.  Bowman played immediately with his new team.  

Two more potential landing spots for Moncrief.  To The Bills for 28 year old OT Cordy Glenn.  The Bills are loaded at Tackle and need a WR.  He's missed two games this year due to injury and his replacement has played well and he is trying to get back into the lineup. .  Also The Saints for 25 yr. old  3-4 OLB Hau'oli Kikaha their No. 2 draft choice last year who is trying to regain his starting role after returning from injury.  They now view themselves as contenders and in need of an experienced WR.   I can see Ballard receiving some calls on Moncrief. 

7 minutes ago, richard pallo said:

Two more potential landing spots for Moncrief.  To The Bills for 28 year old OT Cordy Glenn.  The Bills are loaded at Tackle and need a WR.  He's missed two games this year due to injury and his replacement has played well and he is trying to get back into the lineup. .  Also The Saints for 25 yr. old  3-4 OLB Hau'oli Kikaha their No. 2 draft choice last year who is trying to regain his starting role after returning from injury.  They now view themselves as contenders and in need of an experienced WR.   I can see Ballard receiving some calls on Moncrief. 

If Ballard could pull off either one of those players for Moncrief, I will never utter a bad word about him.

1 hour ago, richard pallo said:

You are kidding me right?  Trade their starting, yes Glenn starts, OT for Moncrief.  He played in the game last week and you are not close to the trade value here.  Lets just trade Moncrief for Von Miller.  That would be awesome right! 

1 hour ago, DaColts85 said:

You are kidding me right?  Trade their starting, yes Glenn starts, OT for Moncrief.  He played in the game last week and you are not close to the trade value here.  Lets just trade Moncrief for Von Miller.  That would be awesome right! 

SB Nation has reported that the Bills and Seahawks were already in negotiations to move Glenn to the Seahawks but the deal fell through. He also has a big new extension so maybe they feel they can get out from under it and still be okay with his replacement.   He is one of the Bills players that could move at the deadline along with Marcel Dareus according to SB Nation.  They are loaded on the OL.  It's not out of the question that he could be moved but probably a long shot like all of the other potential movers.  Maybe they are looking for picks along with a WR.   Who Knows.  

14 hours ago, richard pallo said:

SB Nation has reported that the Bills and Seahawks were already in negotiations to move Glenn to the Seahawks but the deal fell through. He also has a big new extension so maybe they feel they can get out from under it and still be okay with his replacement.   He is one of the Bills players that could move at the deadline along with Marcel Dareus according to SB Nation.  They are loaded on the OL.  It's not out of the question that he could be moved but probably a long shot like all of the other potential movers.  Maybe they are looking for picks along with a WR.   Who Knows.  

Trading him could be an option I will give you that but straight up for Moncrief no way.  If Ballard made this happen he would be amazing.  We would almost have to package picks in with this to keep the value.

21 hours ago, King Colt said:

Ballard will do nothing.  I believe he has already written this season offf and anyone he would dump, no one is going to want..including Davis or Moncrief

On 10/26/2017 at 11:45 AM, John Waylon said:

With Moncrief's production this year about the most we would get out of him would be a used hacksaw blade and a ninja turtles band-aid. 

I wouldn't be terribly mad to see us trade Gore and ride with Mack. Gore deserves a chance to compete for a title. 

No way you trade Moncrief right now.  He will be fine next with Luck.  

I would definitely entertain the idea of trading Gore.  He's still an effective RB that can help teams win now, but he doesn't have much of a future and Mack should get a chance. 

11 hours ago, DaColts85 said:

Trading him could be an option I will give you that but straight up for Moncrief no way.  If Ballard made this happen he would be amazing.  We would almost have to package picks in with this to keep the value.

Dareus was just traded to the Jaguars for a 6th rd. pick that could turn into a 5th.   SB Nation hit on that one as a possibility.   Could the Bills be also listening to offers for Glenn as they suggest?

11 hours ago, DaColts85 said:

The more I think about it, would it make sense to trade a draft pick straight up for him?  He is a stud of an OL and would be a huge upgrade to our line. He is only 28.   Even if we trade a 3rd.rd pick we would probably recoup that pick in a trade at the end of the year assuming we wind up with a top 5 pick and we end up trading that pick for multiple picks.  We get a sure starter now and for the future and not have to worry about another draft pick not panning out.  Just look at our last couple of 3rd. rounders.  I would seriously consider exploring a trade for him, especially if we lose this Sunday.  

I'm hoping Ballard has his eyes on actually GETTING some talent as opposed to straight up selling.

I'd definitely look into it if I was him. Some teams will probably be selling some decent talent and if you might be able to buy for a medium to low round pick you may as well. 

Crief will be fine when Luck comes back. Besides we need him because depth is shaky behind him. If there is a good/great TE available at picks 3-4 Ballard may pull the trigger if Doyle keeps having mental lapses. I hope we use most of our picks on the D side of the ball, and O-linemen personally. 

On 10/27/2017 at 8:36 PM, richard pallo said:

The more I think about it, would it make sense to trade a draft pick straight up for him?  He is a stud of an OL and would be a huge upgrade to our line. He is only 28.   Even if we trade a 3rd.rd pick we would probably recoup that pick in a trade at the end of the year assuming we wind up with a top 5 pick and we end up trading that pick for multiple picks.  We get a sure starter now and for the future and not have to worry about another draft pick not panning out.  Just look at our last couple of 3rd. rounders.  I would seriously consider exploring a trade for him, especially if we lose this Sunday.  

I would trade a pick for him in a heartbeat.  If we could get him for a 4th We would have an impact LT/RT right away.  That allows for more options come FA and draft time.