Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

What If We See A Different Colts Team vs. The Cards?

King Colt

The media is burying the Colts this week after their incineration last week. I agree with most of it but ESPN just had the power rankings for week one and one of the three persons reviewing it said the Colts at 31 should switch places with the Jets at 32. Whatever, did they really need to go there? What if the Colts actually won this coming weekend (assuming we will see some kind of difference)? I am anxious to hear what Ballard has to say now, this week and how the media will change it's slant on the Colts as we all know ESPN refuses to admit doing/saying anything wrong ever. David Johnson their star RB is out for a couple months.

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think we'll be in the game.  You can't get any luckier than having David Johnson and DJ Humphries miss the game for the Cards.  Every year we have to relearn the facts that teams are closer in talent than we think and that you shouldn't condemn or anoint a team after one bad/great game...

I think the Colts surprise and almost win, maybe even win. I believe (hope, really) the Ram's game was somewhat of a fluke in that if you remove five or six unusually bad plays: the two pick-six, the Pagano non-challenge, the safety and Vin. missing two easy kicks, and everything else stays the same, the final score would have been 30-17. Nothing to brag about, but not so horrible.

1 hour ago, Albaby said:

I highly doubt the Colts will play well against the Cards next week.  This team won't do anything different to prepare for next week than they did against the Rams.  You know the definition of insanity is alive and well in the front office.

that's not the definition of insanity

23 minutes ago, J@son said:

that's not the definition of insanity

You know, if you are going to try and educate people you should provide supporting documentation.

The true definition of insanity is the state of being seriously mentally ill; madness:

https://www.google.com/search?q=definition+of+insanity

What I believe @Albabywas referring to was the often misquoted Albert Einstein which people believe he said:

"The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result."

However this is commonly believed to be internet folklore and the actual origin appears to be a 1981 pamphlet from Narcotics Anonymous:

https://quoteinvestigator.com/2017/03/23/same/

maxresdefault.jpg

4 hours ago, King Colt said:

The media is burying the Colts this week after their incineration last week. I agree with most of it but ESPN just had the power rankings for week one and one of the three persons reviewing it said the Colts at 31 should switch places with the Jets at 32. Whatever, did they really need to go there? What if the Colts actually won this coming weekend (assuming we will see some kind of difference)? I am anxious to hear what Ballard has to say now, this week and how the media will change it's slant on the Colts as we all know ESPN refuses to admit doing/saying anything wrong ever. David Johnson their star RB is out for a couple months.

Can we even be sure that Chuck knows we are playing the Cardinals this week?  lol

1 minute ago, Coltsman1788 said:

You know I could have gave Chuck a pass if he just called out the wrong team's name but when he referenced the 49ers coach as well...I was done! :lol:

To be fair, in the video I watched, he said coach McVay, not coach Shanahan. It may of been an edited version though.

3 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

To be fair, in the video I watched, he said coach McVay, not coach Shanahan. It may of been an edited version though.

Yeah you are right.  I think I read an article that said he called out the 49er coach's name but that wasn't true. Oh well it gave me a good laugh anyway.   I edited my initial post.  My apologies to good ole Chuck.  lol 

Why is Tolzien still on the team?  If it were any other player that put on such an embarrassing performance, they would be gone.  It can't be that hard to find another QB to sign.  I could care less how he looked in practice, it's the games that count.  His game track record has to be the worst in the league.

On ‎9‎/‎12‎/‎2017 at 6:47 PM, Blue Horseshoe said:

Different could mean worse...

I really cannot see how the Colts could get much worse than they were last Sunday .In the words of Leo G. Caroll in the movie "We're no angels " , " It would be like a  headache to a drowning man . " I would love to see the Colts come out this Sunday and win the game. Or even just manage to give a good accounting of themselves.                                          But I'm not going to hold my breath.

41 minutes ago, FanFromtheWasteland said:

After the putrid team we saw last year, the putrid team we saw in pre-season and the putrid team we saw last week, the odds are they will be putrid this week (if not the rest of the year) also

*sigh*

Last year's team was far from putrid.  Last week's team? Significantly closer.

On 12/09/2017 at 10:42 PM, krunk said:

I expect to see a different team.  Especially when it comes to the damn turnovers.

Offensively, we killed ourselves with so many stupid little mistakes, the mismanaged Mack td, TY fumbling the ball, tolzein... in general, Vini missing field goals and the EP. 

On a different day, if all that went the right way from the start of the game, it's a totally different game.

We still stunk the place up, really badly, but I expect to see a different team next Sunday, especially on offense.

8 hours ago, Albaby said:

Why is Tolzien still on the team?  If it were any other player that put on such an embarrassing performance, they would be gone.  It can't be that hard to find another QB to sign.  I could care less how he looked in practice, it's the games that count.  His game track record has to be the worst in the league.

You couldn't* care less :thmup:

Yours truly, :)

The grammar Nazi

On 9/12/2017 at 4:12 PM, pgt_rob said:

Turn it around and beat the Cardinals and then proceed to have about another 7-8 really bad losses. That wouldn't change much.

If the Colts play well and win the game, why would you assume they would then play 7-8 bad games, considering they would be getting some pretty good players back? Just curious. 

What I keep hearing is "this is Pagano's sixth year".

But it is his first year with Ballard. I think that makes a difference in correcting the things that need to be corrected. We shall see...

1 hour ago, Chucklez said:

Offensively, we killed ourselves with so many stupid little mistakes, the mismanaged Mack td, TY fumbling the ball, tolzein... in general, Vini missing field goals and the EP. 

On a different day, if all that went the right way from the start of the game, it's a totally different game.

We still stunk the place up, really badly, but I expect to see a different team next Sunday, especially on offense.

I hope so, my worry is the familiarity between the coaches. I think Arians would be a more likely choice for the coach who takes advantage of his experience i.e. Gruden vs Oakland. That said if Pagano does dial up a great game plan it would be for the same reasons. So possibly we get his 1 game per year of good game planning over by week 2. Still it was week 1, anything is possible going forward, thats why they play the game.....15-1!!!!!      :thmup: