Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Luck ruled out for week 1

CR91

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Chris Ballard made it "Official" that Andrew Luck is out for week 1.

Luck will be out and he will be week to week. He is in the training stage, and will need time to practice with the team before playing. 

Gathering from Ballard's tone, demeanor, willingness to answer the question; I think it is safe to assume that Luck could miss anywhere from 2-4 weeks. 

Tolzien will start against the Rams. Brissett will wear #15 and the plan is to get him up to speed quickly. Ballard did not mince words when he said Brissett is the long term answer as our backup quarterback. 

3 minutes ago, Smonroe said:

I didn't get that at all.  Did anyone even ask if he's throwing yet?

2 minutes ago, DaveA1102 said:

Where do you get that impression from?

Ballard said that he was being really conservative with Luck and that they would monitor his progress. Ballard also described him as in great shape mentally. 

1 minute ago, IndyScribe said:

Ballard said that he was being really conservative with Luck and that they would monitor his progress. Ballard also described his a in great shape mentally. 

Which is a bit contradictory to what Irsay was saying the other night on the broadcast.  Irsay kinda hinted that some of the issue was mental.

Just now, indy1888 said:

No surprise at at all.  I think he misses 4 games, comes back in the home game against the 9ers, right before all the divisonal games start.  Ballard said he is in the "training stage" currently.

I did think "training stage" was quite a specific choice of words.  Thought he might just say "he will be joining practice soon" or something else open-ended rather than that. 

I may be reading too much into it though! haha

7 minutes ago, IndyScribe said:

Ballard said that he was being really conservative with Luck and that they would monitor his progress. Ballard also described him as in great shape mentally. 

I think that's a leap of faith to mean he'd be ready for game 2.  But I like the way you think and hope you're right!

I'm going to game 3 against the Browns.  Really hoping he's ready for that one.

1 minute ago, Xander said:

That pisses me off just reading it. Mind numbing we rolled with Tolzien. 

Ballard in his own words said Morris got better after the demotion 

Fans with their own eyes saw Morris outplay Tolzien. You're literally watching a young QB progress right in front of your eyes, and you cut him? Literally the definition of progress, but you're preaching competition but handing out jobs? Makes no sense 

But whatever, I won't beat a dead horse. Wish Morris the best, and now it's time to start the Tolzien era

14 minutes ago, adubb84 said:

You think vontae will be back that soon? When I heard "significant" groin injury I assumed the worst. I'm optimistic..... I with you on the hopefully train 

Well, the team did say Vontae would be out for a "few weeks". I take that to mean by game 3 or 4.

Again I believe this organization is more thinking about .....2017.......2018.......2019 and beyond ! And looking at it that way they might be deciding this season will be sacrificed if it turns out that that is what is needed ......GO COLTS !!!!!

2 minutes ago, HOF19 said:

Again I believe this organization is more thinking about .....2017.......2018.......2019 and beyond ! And looking at it that way they might be deciding this season will be sacrificed if it turns out that that is what is needed ......GO COLTS !!!!!

I agree. Brissett was brought in to be a long-term backup and I believe Ballard is using this year to rebuild the roster.

1 hour ago, Jared Cisneros said:

Completely expected, I expect him to be out til week 3 at the earliest. Lets hope Tolzien can hold down the fort for a couple weeks. Two tough defenses to start the year.

But the truth is, we have no idea when Andrew will be back..

....according to them, there is no timetable....they haven't even seen him throw.,,,,.or so they said.

We can beat the Rams with Tolzien ..althouhg they'll certainly blitz him heavily....

......but they our GM and coach make it sound like they have no idea when Andrew will be back