Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Andy Reid > BB ???

JimJaime

I saw that too, it was this guy. Should be banned from working in NFL for this. 

Even as a Colts fan there is no HC in the league that would deserve the notch over Bill, unless its in media relations. haha

Can only assume they are trying to drum up interest in the game.

DI175iPUwAAMz6u.jpg

I rewatched the Eagles/Pats SB this past summer, first time in over 10 years...oh boy, I forgot how bad this was in the 4th quarter. 

Reid and McNabb manged that clock so poorly when they needed to score. They ran down like 5 whole minutes, getting down past the 2 minute warning before scoring a TD...I busted out laughing so hard when Andy Reid threw the challenge flag to challenge a 4 yard completion like it was going to do anything.

I had forgotten how well the Eagles defense played in the SB. It was a tight game up until the 4th quarter when they let NE get the go ahead TD to seal the game...But there was still enough time left to try and do something to tie it. The Eagles defense did come out to play and did everything to hold the Pats down, but by the 4th quarter, they were wearing out...

That 4th quarter clock management comes down to both of them. McNabb played poorly in that game and deserved criticism, but that's on coach and QB for the final drive they scored on. There was absolutely no sense of urgency whatsoever. McNabb had so many chances to try and gun a big play and get down field, and he just dinks and dunks it....no sense of hurry up offense or anything, they just burned that clock down and pretty much helped NE seal the deal. 

15 hours ago, Synthetic said:

I rewatched the Eagles/Pats SB this past summer, first time in over 10 years...oh boy, I forgot how bad this was in the 4th quarter. 

Reid and McNabb manged that clock so poorly when they needed to score. They ran down like 5 whole minutes, getting down past the 2 minute warning before scoring a TD...I busted out laughing so hard when Andy Reid threw the challenge flag to challenge a 4 yard completion like it was going to do anything.

I had forgotten how well the Eagles defense played in the SB. It was a tight game up until the 4th quarter when they let NE get the go ahead TD to seal the game...But there was still enough time left to try and do something to tie it. The Eagles defense did come out to play and did everything to hold the Pats down, but by the 4th quarter, they were wearing out...

That 4th quarter clock management comes down to both of them. McNabb played poorly in that game and deserved criticism, but that's on coach and QB for the final drive they scored on. There was absolutely no sense of urgency whatsoever. McNabb had so many chances to try and gun a big play and get down field, and he just dinks and dunks it....no sense of hurry up offense or anything, they just burned that clock down and pretty much helped NE seal the deal. 

I remember watching the game and thinking, "What are they doing?" in that 4th quarter as time was ticking away. It was terrible clock management on the largest possible stage. 

2 hours ago, GoPats said:

I remember watching the game and thinking, "What are they doing?" in that 4th quarter as time was ticking away. It was terrible clock management on the largest possible stage. 

Yeah, same here. It had been a long time since I originally watched the game, so I had to go back to it. 

I originally thought that McNabb had thrown a pick and NE scored off that. I clearly had forgotten how the Pats had scored on their own with a great drive, THEN McNabb threw the pick and let them run the clock. 

That final drive for scoring was just terrible...It was like they didn't even care anymore, they burned around 5-6 minutes off that clock before scoring. I think it was at 1:40 on the clock past the two minute warning when they finally did score.

McNabb's picks were bad too. He had chances to really try and make big plays, and he went with short yardage passing, really disappointing. 

I forgot how well the Eagles defense played that game. Of all the NE Super Bowl wins, it was the Eagles defense who did the best job. They did a better job than Seattle a few years ago. They even got some turnovers early on and were doing a brilliant job keeping NE's offense shut down. 

20 minutes ago, Flying Elvis said:

Here it is, lol.

Thank for posting this video for context FE. MJD is claiming that Reid deserves the nod because of following a bye week nonsense. That is just nuts. What like Andy never lost coming off a bye week? Come on MJD. Nobody believes you dude. Even yourself. 

On September 4, 2017 at 7:31 AM, JimJaime said:

Per NFL Network in this weeks matchup the Chiefs have the advantage in HC. I know I am biased but I was like What? So I will come to a hostile environment and ask.. are they right?

INDY's not hostile JJ. Go to the Falcons website & post that & let me know what kind of a reaction you get. LOL! 

15 hours ago, Buck Showalter said:

An interesting stat between the two teams, the home team has won in their last five meetings, going back to 2005, with 2 games played at Arrowhead & 3 played at Gillette...

lol these guys have played once in the past 10 years at Arrowhead. Shocking lol. 

11 hours ago, southwest1 said:

12 hours ago, Flying Elvis said:

Here it is, lol.

Thank for posting this video for context FE. MJD is claiming that Reid deserves the nod because of following a bye week nonsense. That is just nuts. What like Andy never lost coming off a bye week? Come on MJD. Nobody believes you dude. Even yourself. 

hahah this video should not have been posted. KC has NOTHING going for them tomorrow.. Its going to be a "rings and DoWeHaveEnoughRoomForOurBanners" party. Then a slaugher of the chiefs. Head coach all the way down to parking lot size NE has them beat.

On ‎9‎/‎4‎/‎2017 at 11:42 PM, Synthetic said:

What? 

A pats opponent in a Big Game having mental Brain cramps and give the game away?

You don't say, lol.

Add another one to the list. haha 

Reid (and Smith) also ruined any chance of comeback against the injury-riddled Pats in divisional round in 2016, with horrific clock management.

16 hours ago, southwest1 said:

And that's just for the regular season bye. He has lost in the playoffs despite having bye the previous week. Like last year.

21 hours ago, Synthetic said:

Yeah, same here. It had been a long time since I originally watched the game, so I had to go back to it. 

I originally thought that McNabb had thrown a pick and NE scored off that. I clearly had forgotten how the Pats had scored on their own with a great drive, THEN McNabb threw the pick and let them run the clock. 

That final drive for scoring was just terrible...It was like they didn't even care anymore, they burned around 5-6 minutes off that clock before scoring. I think it was at 1:40 on the clock past the two minute warning when they finally did score.

McNabb's picks were bad too. He had chances to really try and make big plays, and he went with short yardage passing, really disappointing. 

I forgot how well the Eagles defense played that game. Of all the NE Super Bowl wins, it was the Eagles defense who did the best job. They did a better job than Seattle a few years ago. They even got some turnovers early on and were doing a brilliant job keeping NE's offense shut down. 

It was a pretty badly botched finish of the game. The other thing I took from the game was how great TO played. He was coming off like a broken femur and he was very productive. As bad as he was at times he really balled out. He was basically unstoppable. I know that people like to say certain people choked etc....but when your hyper ventilating on the field and throwing up that's not a good look...especially to your team mates your leading....and Andy look bewildered as well....honestly I don't think Andy has ever gotten better at time management...seems his teams still struggle with that...to a lesser degree....yeah this andy over bill vote was clear trolling...no doubt. I will say I could be wrong but I don't think its the first time Maurice has taken little pot shots at Bill....if someone knows better they may be able to bring up stuff but I'm thinking he may have something personal against Bill....or maybe has thought his teams have played dirty going after his injuries etc in the past.

5 hours ago, dgambill said:

It was a pretty badly botched finish of the game. The other thing I took from the game was how great TO played. He was coming off like a broken femur and he was very productive. As bad as he was at times he really balled out. He was basically unstoppable. I know that people like to say certain people choked etc....but when your hyper ventilating on the field and throwing up that's not a good look...especially to your team mates your leading....and Andy look bewildered as well....honestly I don't think Andy has ever gotten better at time management...seems his teams still struggle with that...to a lesser degree....yeah this andy over bill vote was clear trolling...no doubt. I will say I could be wrong but I don't think its the first time Maurice has taken little pot shots at Bill....if someone knows better they may be able to bring up stuff but I'm thinking he may have something personal against Bill....or maybe has thought his teams have played dirty going after his injuries etc in the past.

Oh yes, definitely. I should've mentioned T.O., he played phenomenal in this game. Despite how bad his quarterback had been screwing up, he still had a terrific game. 

I liked the Pats pass rush early in this game. Bruschi was all over McNabb and on the first drive, there was a fumble that Reid challenged that I thought looked questionable and should've went to the Pats, but it was objective and I can see how people would argue against it. 

The 2004 Pats are IMO their best team out of all the SB winning ones. I know most are going point to 2007 and the recent team, but it's something about the 2004 team that scares me a lot more than any of their other teams. I favor their defense on the 2004 team over some of the other NE teams. 

On 9/5/2017 at 3:59 PM, Buck Showalter said:

An interesting stat between the two teams, the home team has won in their last five meetings, going back to 2005, with 2 games played at Arrowhead & 3 played at Gillette...

That's weird, per NFL network Andy Reid is 1-5 against NE. 

13 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Andy Reid couldn't carry Bill Belichicks jockstrap but maybe KC will shock the world. Andy is a Good Coach though.

Andy Reid is a good coach. I'd consider him top 5 in the league probably number 3... says a lot about the state of coaches in the NFL right now...

19 hours ago, Synthetic said:

Oh yes, definitely. I should've mentioned T.O., he played phenomenal in this game. Despite how bad his quarterback had been screwing up, he still had a terrific game. 

I liked the Pats pass rush early in this game. Bruschi was all over McNabb and on the first drive, there was a fumble that Reid challenged that I thought looked questionable and should've went to the Pats, but it was objective and I can see how people would argue against it. 

The 2004 Pats are IMO their best team out of all the SB winning ones. I know most are going point to 2007 and the recent team, but it's something about the 2004 team that scares me a lot more than any of their other teams. I favor their defense on the 2004 team over some of the other NE teams. 

I think it was their most well rounded team....granted that 2007 was a juggernaut...it just had the misfortune of having its worst game of the year...be its last game of the year....and unfortunately that's all that matters...that said you could see the cracks forming down the stretch of the season. No team is unbeatable....but someone will go unbeaten eventually again. Its about matchups and execution....sometimes chips fall your way in the matchups and sometimes you don't execute well and you get beat. 2004 I think was the first year I would say Brady was becoming that ELITE qb...and that defense was still awesome...I'm sure the NE posters here could give a better analysis but I agree with your statements.

1 hour ago, JimJaime said:

That's weird, per NFL network Andy Reid is 1-5 against NE. 

Not sure but Reid hasn't been in KC for a super long time...probably some of that is from his Philly days.....doesn't seem like KC and NE play much....probably because KC hasn't been division champs too often....as Denver has had that division on lock down the last 4 years during Peytons tenure.