Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts Training Camp 8/1/17 (Pads are ON)

TKnight24

35 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

Just because a player gets injured does not mean he is soft. Would you consider Luck soft?

Different situation completely. I am referring to players who have a history of getting injured once contact is involved (like a Greg Toller, Art Jones, Ben Ijalana, etc.). They are all tough people, I'm sure, but their body struggles to hold up once physical play is involved. Jon Bostic is a current player I have in mind. 

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Bowen’s Analysis: Yes, the main headline on Tuesday centered around Hilton and Davis. But the starting defense is continuing to take shape. In particular, the front seven had a nice day during early inside-run periods.

We are seeing Jon Bosticicon-article-link.gif and Antonio Morrisonicon-article-link.gif receive more and more starting reps together at inside linebacker. Tolzien was very complementary of Bostic and the football-IQ he brings to the middle of the Colts’ defense. While the NFL game is changing to more pass-happy offenses, the AFC South still has some teams committed to the run, which is a part of the game Morrison excels in defending.
http://www.colts.com/news/article-1/Chuck-Pagano-Colts-Want-To-Change-Team-“Perception”-In-2017/1a50cf47-42f8-4ddd-93b4-561121c21504

3 hours ago, TKnight24 said:

I like this move.  Makes a bunch of sense.  Mewhort may be even less moblie now after the knee than before, and has some experience to team with Clark.  Haeg, being a LT in college and inherently more mobile than Mewhort, can pair with the veteran on the left side.  

AC, Haeg, Kelly, Mewhort, Clark should be the Oline this season. 

2 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

When Vontae is healthy he does that to most all receivers including other pro bowlers.

Push the receiver down on the ground and get on top of him and have to get pulled off by the whole team? lol. That wouldn't fly in a real game.

I don't know who I want to see win in the trenches; Oline or Dline. You can make a case for either. I am hoping Luck gets the protection he deserves but would love to see the D can put pressure on QBs and be stout against the run. So tired of seeing Luck sacked/hurried and teams run all over the Colts. On a non-related note, the NFL Network FINALLY showed the Colts for about 3 minutes. Are they going to spend more time on them?

Both Vontae and TY giving each other the respect.  I love it.  Bang each other up just a bit during practice, then have a beer afterwards.  This is the attitude I think most of us have been hoping for for a loong time.  Maybe the monster is finally being formed in the minds of these guys.  I sure don't think it can hurt at this point.

2 minutes ago, Major_Adobe said:

Kudos to Vontae and TY. Both seem to have bought into changing the perception that this team is soft. Not saying I want them fighting with other teams but I do encourage a football punch to the mouth

Maybe they were doing it like a hockey fight like "Grab here?" "Yeah."  "Alright let's go." *starts pushing and shoving* 

I bet the skirmishes brought some excitement for future practices to the players. 

1 hour ago, pgt_rob said:

Push the receiver down on the ground and get on top of him and have to get pulled off by the whole team? lol. That wouldn't fly in a real game.

I was just referring to shutting down receivers.

It could have been just two veterans purposely getting into it to fire up the team? 

26 minutes ago, ColtsBlitz said:

Maybe they were doing it like a hockey fight like "Grab here?" "Yeah."  "Alright let's go." *starts pushing and shoving* 

I bet the skirmishes brought some excitement for future practices to the players. 

It wouldn't surprise me if it wasn't done to fire up the whole team.

Just now, crazycolt1 said:

I was just referring to shutting down receivers.

It could have been just two veterans purposely getting into it to fire up the team? 

There's video. Vontae and TY pushing each other and Vontae again with Dorsett. It's not like they were throwing punches or anything. Just shoving each other, in each others faces, and knocking them to the ground. You can tell there's fire there. Even Pagano ran out there, "Separate them! Separate them!" haha

2 minutes ago, Steamboat_Shaun said:

I'm never sure how to feel about these training camp matchups. Should I be happy that Clark stood Anderson up, or should I be worried that Anderson seemed to struggle against him?

If each win their share of battles, then nothing to worry about

5 minutes ago, Valpo2004 said:

Strange. . . I always thought the fights during camp where usually between players on the roster bubble.  Not between two locked in starters.  

Really weird that 2 guys who have been teammates for 5 years are getting into it.  

It's nothing new. Ty and vontae always go at it, but it's always in good fun

17 minutes ago, Steamboat_Shaun said:

I'm never sure how to feel about these training camp matchups. Should I be happy that Clark stood Anderson up, or should I be worried that Anderson seemed to struggle against him?

I know Anderson is good, I've seen what he can do. When a young and questionable player gets the best of a more established player, to me that's a good thing. 

If a week from now Anderson is struggling on a regular basis, then I'll be concerned about him. 

1 hour ago, VaAllDay757 said:

Good we need this toughness on the field let em scrap it out on the practice field I like how vontae is being more aggressive 

Against the 2 smallest receivers on the team. I would be impressed 

if he locked horns with Moncrief.

1 minute ago, dodsworth said:

Against the 2 smallest receivers on the team. I would be impressed 

if he locked horns with Moncrief.

This forum has dogged on Vontae going against the shifty speedier wide outs, so it is only fair to point out the positives. Granted, TY is not Antonio Brown but still, he is one of the better ones in the league.

2 minutes ago, chad72 said:

This forum has dogged on Vontae going against the shifty speedier wide outs, so it is only fair to point out the positives. Granted, TY is not Antonio Brown but still, he is one of the better ones in the league.

I was referring to the skuffles they had today. :)

6 hours ago, Jared Cisneros said:

Nice to hear good things from Basham and Banner as well. I've only heard good things about Basham up to this point, and if Banner can figure it out, his frame will make him a very effective player in the NFL. Possibly could start this year.

I think the chances of Banner starting this year are extremely small.     I believe the Colts will use him as they did Clark last year.      Mostly, on special teams.      He'll be on the the xtra point and FG units and maybe even on the defensive side of those, because at 6'8" he's tallen enough to block them.

But starting on the OL in 2017?     I think the only way that happens is the way it was with Clark.    It's the last moth of the season,  and a starter gets hurt and the team feels Banner is ready in December to be plugged in,  espeically if the team is doing poorly. 

Otherwise,  he's not ready.     He might be next year,   but very, very unlikely this year.    And I'm a Banner fan,  and so is Philbin.    But this year is just too soon.