Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2017-2018 Indiana Pacers and Everything NBA Thread

I would.be looking at RFA Hardaway Jr or J Simmons but either would cost. 

The kind of guys I'd like to see brought in Burke and Clark to help in the backcourt. PG is a need. Then Shabazz and a flier on Young too add to the wings. Robinson in the front court. 

Those guys aren't going to make headlines. They shouldn't command big money. They are all still young. Burke and Robinson are 2 guys I think could pay dividends this year. 

Burke had a good start to his career making first team all rookie. Then disappeared ended up behind Wall. Robinson can be a player in the mold of the Davis's. He's not going to live up to what was expected when he went 5th overall. He can have a role rebounding running the floor being a physical presence anything else is gravy. 

Not sure what we are offering for Joesph...maybe Young...we have a glut of bigs. Hopefully not a ton. He would be a nice piece to manage the team.

Shabaz got released by Minnesota....I'm sure a team like the nets or Atlanta has a ton of money to throw at him but I would be happy to give him 20-25 mill for 2-3 years. He can score and is fun to watch. This team will need a 3 that can score. I'm also ok with Shefalosa to stretch the floor a bit. We need someone to shoot after dipo and Lance creates.

Anyone here what we are offering for Joesph. Also George's injury must be bad...he is out rest of summer league. Sucks because he needed the work.

I haven't been on since the PG trade.  I feel like the Pacers screwed themselves by not trading him last year.  I think they could have gotten more(obviously they did get offered more).  With that being said, I do like Oladipo, he played well in Orlando and was hurt some last year but had good stretches with OKC.  It looks like the Pacers and my Bulls both are rebuilding.  I think you guys are  upset now but I think you will like Oladipo more and more once the season starts.  I honestly think the Pacers can build around Oladipo and Turner.  It's going to take a few years but they can do it.  Keep in mind the East is very weak too especially with Butler, PG and Milsap going out West.  I  understand wanting more but the offer just wasn't there, at least they got a player who can average 20. 

42 minutes ago, BullsColtsFan1 said:

I am not sure if this was posted?  Celtics supposedly offered 3 1st round picks and 2 players for George.  I did read the Pacers wanted Rozier and the Celtics didn't want to part with him?

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/report-celtics-offered-pacers-three-161403330.html

I believe that trade proposal may have been a fake offer that was leaked by Boston's front office. In reality, Boston was likely offering much less than that. The fake proposal would've been more of a precautionary measure to save face. That way, if they didn't acquire PG, the Celtics' fan base would blame the Pacers for not accepting the offer rather than the Celtics front office for offering low ball offers. Gives the fan base the false impression that the Celtics went the extra mile in trying to obtain PG. That said, it might've been a real trade proposal. We'll never know. I just find it hard to believe that KP would decline this offer but accept OKC's--regardless if KP was "hell bent" on getting PG out of the East

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, BullsColtsFan1 said:

I am not sure if this was posted?  Celtics supposedly offered 3 1st round picks and 2 players for George.  I did read the Pacers wanted Rozier and the Celtics didn't want to part with him?

yeah i dont believe it either.  ainge putting that out to save face imo

it is possible we wanted teams in the east to come off of more than a team in the west though

• Like 1

10 hours ago, dgambill said:

Not sure what we are offering for Joesph...maybe Young...we have a glut of bigs. Hopefully not a ton. He would be a nice piece to manage the team.

Shabaz got released by Minnesota....I'm sure a team like the nets or Atlanta has a ton of money to throw at him but I would be happy to give him 20-25 mill for 2-3 years. He can score and is fun to watch. This team will need a 3 that can score. I'm also ok with Shefalosa to stretch the floor a bit. We need someone to shoot after dipo and Lance creates.

Anyone here what we are offering for Joesph. Also George's injury must be bad...he is out rest of summer league. Sucks because he needed the work.

Raptors are trying to make room to resign other players. I read it may be a 2nd round pick. I'd like to bring in Burke too. 

They are calling George's knee a sprain or durning the game yesterday they were. 

Anyone see Russ Smith on ESPN? He's going off over seas averaging 54 points after 4 games He set the D league scoring record a few months back with 65 points 

i think we pretty much are tanking/rebuilding/ whatever you want to call it

we dont have nearly enough offense, and no go to player.  we all know we wont get one in free agency

we will be picking high in the draft and hopefully getting a 1 or 3 that can score

3 hours ago, BullsColtsFan1 said:

I haven't been on since the PG trade.  I feel like the Pacers screwed themselves by not trading him last year.  I think they could have gotten more(obviously they did get offered more).  With that being said, I do like Oladipo, he played well in Orlando and was hurt some last year but had good stretches with OKC.  It looks like the Pacers and my Bulls both are rebuilding.  I think you guys are  upset now but I think you will like Oladipo more and more once the season starts.  I honestly think the Pacers can build around Oladipo and Turner.  It's going to take a few years but they can do it.  Keep in mind the East is very weak too especially with Butler, PG and Milsap going out West.  I  understand wanting more but the offer just wasn't there, at least they got a player who can average 20. 

I agree using hindsight that the Pacers should have traded George last season.

With that said I don't believe for one second the Celtics offered what they reported they did. IMO they were saving face with their fan base by making them believe they made a legitimate offer to the Pacers and it was the Pacers who turned it down. This was brought up earlier in the thread and IMO it makes sense.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, aaron11 said:

i think we pretty much are tanking/rebuilding/ whatever you want to call it

we dont have nearly enough offense, and no go to player.  we all know we wont get one in free agency

we will be picking high in the draft and hopefully getting a 1 or 3 that can score

We are going to add players in FA. We have to fill out the roster. Our go to players are going to be Myles Turner and Victor Olidipo. When we can pry the ball away from Lance. 

I think we will have a shot at the 7th or 8th seed. That's all we will have a chance at and I know that's going to upset some people. This is still the East. 

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, akcolt said:

We are going to add players in FA. We have to fill out the roster. Our go to players are going to be Myles Turner and Victor Olidipo. When we can pry the ball away from Lance. 

I think we will have a shot at the 7th or 8th seed. That's all we will have a chance at and I know that's going to upset some people. This is still the East. 

If that is the case it would no different than what we had with George. We had to win a bunch of games at the end of the seasons just to get in the playoffs.

I think the fan base won't have a problem with any team we end up with as long as the players play hard and perform with their best effort. That's the way it has been for a long time IMO.

We have got very young very quick and I think the rebuild has already started.

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, RockThatBlue said:

Wow

Free agent guard Darren Collison has agreed in principle to a two-year, $20 million deal with the Indiana Pacers, league sources tell ESPN

This makes me laugh after Grady completely ripped DC on 1070 this morning.

DC is probably the best (point guard) option for the Pacers on the free agent market at this point. I don't mind the signing (based on what I know) but am glad it is only for 2 years.

• Like 2

Just now, ar7 said:

This makes me laugh after Grady completely ripped DC on 1070 this morning.

DC is probably the best (point guard) option for the Pacers on the free agent market. I don't mind the signing (based on what I know) but am glad it is only for 2 years.

Agreed

5 hours ago, akcolt said:

i like turner and i guess vic, but neither is what i would call a go to guy.  im into stats, and nobody on this team was top 40 in the league in scoring last year and there are only 30 teams

if they find a 3 that can score then i can see this being a playoff team.  im not sure who that would be

Just now, aaron11 said:

i like turner and i guess vic, but neither is what i would call a go to guy.  im into stats, and nobody on this team was top 40 in the league in scoring last year and there are only 30 teams

if they find a 3 that can score then i can see this being a playoff team.  im not sure who that would be

It could be interesting 

26 minutes ago, aaron11 said:

i am one of those that doesnt want to make the 7th or 8th seed

i want this team to compete for titles, like paul did

we wont get there unless we find somebody special in the draft though

Or Simon comes off some money.

12 hours ago, BullsColtsFan1 said:

I don't believe Ainge was giving anybody three 1st round picks

2 hours ago, RockThatBlue said:

Wow

Free agent guard Darren Collison has agreed in principle to a two-year, $20 million deal with the Indiana Pacers, league sources tell ESPN

Cant help but like this..He'll be 30 next month but he can shoot from the line....and he's always averaged 10 or more a game

..and that brings Lance off the bench where ...he'll be better.

Good stuff

6 hours ago, crazycolt1 said:

If that is the case it would no different than what we had with George. We had to win a bunch of games at the end of the seasons just to get in the playoffs.

I think the fan base won't have a problem with any team we end up with as long as the players play hard and perform with their best effort. That's the way it has been for a long time IMO.

We have got very young very quick and I think the rebuild has already started.

That's all I've been saying...

They want us to try to make the playoffs...we may not get there but tanking for teenagers wont play here.

We've replaced CJ Miles with Oladipo and now Jeff Teague with Collison..

......We cant get another Paul George but we need a small forward who can score and/or defend.

Who are our small forwards???

1 minute ago, oldunclemark said:

They want us to try to make the playoffs...we may not get there but tanking for teenagers wont play here.

i dont buy that

lots of teams have been bad without picking up and moving away

• Like 1

Just now, aaron11 said:

i dont buy that

lots of teams have been bad without picking up and moving away

Our ownership buys it.  You cant run this franchise that way...There'll be empty seats.

Its pro basketball. Its a business..

The Collison signing shows our ownership clearly doesnt want to gut the team and lose intentionally

1 minute ago, oldunclemark said:

Our ownership buys it.  You cant run this franchise that way...There'll be empty seats.

Its pro basketball. Its a business..

The Collison signing shows our ownership clearly doesnt want to gut the team and lose intentionally

i know they dont want to

im a fan though, not an owner so i see it differently

if we do lose for a year or two, things will be fine in the long run

its not like we've won anything anyway