Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2017-2018 Indiana Pacers and Everything NBA Thread

49 minutes ago, Luck is Good said:

Yes groom Lance. There's a difference between being the starting PG and just running the point off the bench. Darren Collison has been both a starting PG and backup PG before. He can help Lance understand the difference

Lance will be 27 years old when this next season starts. IMO his 'grooming' days are in the past. You get what he is.

With that said Collison may be the starter so taking for granted that Lance will be the starter is pre mature.

19 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

Seraphin worked well with Lance.......I want to see that again on the 2nd team.

They have a working relationship...

....if we buy out Monta (surprised we cant trade him...not even for a 2nd round pick) wouldn't Joe Young be the 'wing' with Lance....He can shoot and he'd be the 3rd point guar when Lance fouls tooo much or gets technicals (it is Lance, we're talking about)

Lance and VO will start in the backcourt. Maybe Collison and Young the 2nd unit backcourt? I just want Joe Young to get some significant minutes. No reason to keep him buried on the bench for a third straight year

9 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

Lance will be 27 years old when this next season starts. IMO his 'grooming' days are in the past. You get what he is.

With that said Collison may be the starter so taking for granted that Lance will be the starter is pre mature.

Either way, the backcourt can bring intensity and passion to this team. That's something the Pacers have been void of the last two years

The guy who is missing his chance is George Niang....

.....WE have a need for a defender, spot shooter..guy to take a charge...finish at the basket.

That could be him

//////Paid his dues in the D-league...he passes very well and he's not lost out there.

Not very athletic but he could be a 'glue guy' because he doesn't hold the ball...very long..

I was looking forward to seeing him...but I guess we wont

18 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

TJ Lang reminds me a little of Frank Kaminskiy of Wisconsin.

...a little quicker...not as strong

He's very good on offense...cant set picks because he has no body...but he moves well..and has very good hands......I know he can shoot..

...Like a lot of these 1-and-done guys.....he is so thin its painful.

That summer game yesterday,,I saw the reply..bodies were flying.....he cant bump with the big guys like that.

But with Myles Turner (21), Sabonis (21) and Lang (20), we have a future up front

So true but he is a work in process

• Like 1

3 hours ago, oldunclemark said:

When Gordon Hayward (why doesn't he want to come home???)

you know why, its becasue we aren't good enough.  he would be the best free agent to ever sign here too, that just doesnt happen

a 3 that can score could make us pretty competitive in the east, but thats not saying much

• Like 3

43 minutes ago, RockThatBlue said:

Its obviously a great signing for the Celtics, but I'm not 100% sold Hayward will put them over the Cavs. It does close the gap some, but not all the way IMO.

I agree, it is a great signing for them but I don't think he is better than PG or Jimmy Butler. PG IMO could've got Boston by the Cavs, Butler maybe, Hayward - even less of a chance but it's possible. Of course they are going to get Hayward without giving anything up but had they just gave us a handful of Draft picks and Crowder or Smart (which we probably would've done considering we just took Oladipo and Sabonis) they still would've been in great shape with PG. PG for some reason just matches up well with LeBron, if you look at how he has played LeBron over the years it's been pretty well statistically. Not sure Hayward will fair that well in a matchup vs LeBron in a Playoff situation.

• Like 1

Not a fan of the PG trAde, but the Pacers had already screwed up Nd lost all leverage.  They needed to have got a deal done early that involved a draft pick with good odds of being a top 5 pick.  This trAde will make them better, but they'll be a playoff team who goes out in the first round for years to come.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Myles said:

Not a fan of the PG trAde, but the Pacers had already screwed up Nd lost all leverage.  They needed to have got a deal done early that involved a draft pick with good odds of being a top 5 pick.  This trAde will make them better, but they'll be a playoff team who goes out in the first round for years to come.

Thats right where this stupid FO wants to stay for some reason 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Myles said:

Everybody loves to predict the absolute future

3 hours ago, Colts_Fan12 said:

See had we waited on trading pg Boston would have upped the offer to pair him IT and GH

Or maybe.....they would have then held us up for less.....as time went by

Ainge wasnt getting off both those high No,1 s.....He's a con man ...amazing how folks forget that

3 hours ago, aaron11 said:

you know why, its becasue we aren't good enough.  he would be the best free agent to ever sign here too, that just doesnt happen

a 3 that can score could make us pretty competitive in the east, but thats not saying much

Then we need to go get a '3' who can score, don't we?

Because we're not tanking......we don't (and should not)  buy the 'its hopeless here in Indiana mindest ' that lives on message boardst'

Edited by oldunclemark

2 hours ago, Myles said:

You cant play draft picks...far better to get a former No.1 pick who has played one full NBA year on a winning team, right?

..and to think we had leverage on Boston for anything is puzzling.

They didn't have to deal with us at all.....and they were not getting off those high picks they have

They were trying to dump 'limited' guys they needed to move beyond (Bradley (last year of his deal) Crowder and Smart) on us.

.by the way....If we make the playoff next season,. its a major success

6 minutes ago, 21isSuperman said:

Even if Hayward does sign with Boston, they have no chance of beating LeBron.  Ainge messed up big time

I agree for the most part, I wouldn't say no chance but I would say like 25% which is still bad. If Boston had PG I would say 50/50. Hayward isn't Paul George, PG has been deep in the Playoffs and has played LeBron straight up even at times in the Playoffs.

1 hour ago, oldunclemark said:

Or maybe.....they would have then held us up for less.....as time went by

Ainge wasnt getting off both those high No,1 s.....He's a con man ...amazing how folks forget that

The terrible OKC trade wasn't going anywhere Mark 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, oldunclemark said:

You cant play draft picks...far better to get a former No.1 pick who has played one full NBA year on a winning team, right?

Not really.  The b e st pArt of a top 5 pick is the greater odds of getting a player who can lead a team to success.  

40 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Mark says Ainge is a con man, I think we got con'd by Sam Presti into taking Oladipo and Sabonis for a Top 10-15 player in the league in PG.

There is no doubt about that and everyone knows it except for like 3 or 4 people on here lol 

2 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I agree for the most part, I wouldn't say no chance but I would say like 25% which is still bad. If Boston had PG I would say 50/50. Hayward isn't Paul George, PG has been deep in the Playoffs and has played LeBron straight up even at times in the Playoffs.

If the Celtics were to have obtained George and Hayward, I'd give them a decent chance of pushing the Cavs to 7 and possibly even winning a couple against the Warriors.  Even if you take off Jae Crowder, Avery Bradley, and Marcus Smart, you'd still be upgrading your team by adding Hayward and George.  You'd have tons of depth with Brown and Tatum.  They signed Hayward in free agency, so that didn't cost them anything, which means they'd still have all their assets available to trade for George.  At the end of the day, Hayward is a nice piece, but it isn't enough for them to beat LeBron, let alone challenge the Warriors.

4 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

So do you think Boston can beat Cleveland now?

I almost hope so since I can't stand seeing Lebron teams losing in the finals anymore badly, it just is becoming too painful. I almost hope to see another team get a crack at the Warriors (if it's them again) just to see if a new team can match up better. And to see a top coach like Stevens and what he can cook up. Since it's pretty clear to me the Cavs DO NOT match up well with the best teams out west. I don't care if they even add Carmelo, it don't matter.......the coaching there SUCKS too. I am not saying the Celtics or another team in the east would win the finals, but my God.........I can't sit through another finals of seeing Tristan Thompson be useless and JR Smith stoned out of his mind.

I still think Boston is a year away with another player to add but the Cavs are going to topple at some time, just not sure when.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

So do you think Boston can beat Cleveland now?

Boston has a couple advantages over them - 

They're better coached, for one. The other major advantage is depth. 

Cleveland isn't that good of a team. Their record without LeBron the past 2 years speaks for itself. There is no way Kyrie and Kevin Love are going to push that team without him. Cleveland has so many old guys, they look like the 90's Buffalo Bills retirement home. Slow and old guys like Richard Jefferson and JR Smith, and they overpaid garbage like Tristan Thompson, and just paid Kyle Korver to come back who is probably the most overrated guy on that team, as he was a complete no-show in the Finals when they needed him the most. 

I love LeBron but his team is awful. I've been saying it for a few years now that I wish he would've stayed in Miami cause Pat Riley knew what he was doing, where LeBron the GM in Cleveland isn't that good. The Cavs aren't the team of the future in the next 5 years. That honor goes to Boston and if Philly succeeds on all their big draft picks (I'm hoping they do, Ben Simmons and Fultz are great kids). 

Boston could push Cleveland to the limits, if their youth gels. You're younger, and they have a coach who is better than Lue. I like their chances against Cleveland. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, 21isSuperman said:

If the Celtics were to have obtained George and Hayward, I'd give them a decent chance of pushing the Cavs to 7 and possibly even winning a couple against the Warriors.  Even if you take off Jae Crowder, Avery Bradley, and Marcus Smart, you'd still be upgrading your team by adding Hayward and George.  You'd have tons of depth with Brown and Tatum.  They signed Hayward in free agency, so that didn't cost them anything, which means they'd still have all their assets available to trade for George.  At the end of the day, Hayward is a nice piece, but it isn't enough for them to beat LeBron, let alone challenge the Warriors.

OKC isn't trading George, if Sam Presti did that he wouldn't be allowed back in Oklahoma as excited their fans are and is happy is Westbrook is lmao