Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2017-2018 Indiana Pacers and Everything NBA Thread

4 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

I NEVER stay away from 'we'.

The Pacers and Colts are my teams....

I'm not trying to pretend they're not....I'm not going to root for another team if they lose..

..I'm not going to hope they lose...

I'm with them.

Sometimes you have to be bad in the present to be good for the future. That is where the Pacers are right now

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Luck is Good said:

Not really. I wanted IU basketball to lose as much as possible the last few years. And it got them a new coach. A coach that will actually succeed

But you complained every loss..like you do here. right?

...and if they lose next season...you'll be back to complaining, right?

Just like you do on the Cubs site, right?

You will complain every day....own it. Its who you are. Be proud!!

3 minutes ago, Luck is Good said:

Sometimes you have to be bad in the present to be good for the future. That is where the Pacers are right now

No. Being bad in the present has absolutely no effect on the future.

Being bad in the present is just being bad.

The future is not written, my son,  and it is not in our control

(Is it Sunday yet?  Can I preach?)

Just now, Luck is Good said:

I just told you my mindset on the situation. Why would I be complaining?

But when your mindest proves wrong...you still complain,

Because that's what you do. That's your goal.

Right?

You didnt like Vogel...Now you don't like McMillan

Right

1 minute ago, oldunclemark said:

But when your mindest proves wrong...you still complain,

Because that's what you do. That's your goal.

Right?

You didnt like Vogel...Now you don't like McMillan

Right

I did like Vogel but at the time, it was time for him to go. However, if he was gonna be let go, Bird should've hired someone from outside the Pacers coaching staff

• Like 1

I did like Vogel but at the time, it was time for him to go. However, if he was gonna be let go, Bird should've hired someone from outside the Pacers coaching staff

That's what you said..

but you wanted Vogel to go..You wanted McMillan to go..

..and you'll want the next guy to go, too.

That's exactly what I'm saying. 

13 minutes ago, Luck is Good said:

Not really. I wanted IU basketball to lose as much as possible the last few years. And it got them a new coach. A coach that will actually succeed

That's how I am I'll gladly lose for the betterment of the team like the colts firing grigs and pagano that's worth losing 

• Like 1

That's what you said..

but you wanted Vogel to go..You wanted McMillan to go..

..and you'll want the next guy to go, too.

That's exactly what I'm saying. 

McMillan should've never been promoted to HC. That move was just as puzzling as not trading PG at the deadline

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Colts_Fan12 said:

That's how I am I'll gladly lose for the betterment of the team like the colts firing grigs and pagano that's worth losing 

But you connect losing intentionally with winning eventually..

..and there's no connection at all.  None

2 minutes ago, Luck is Good said:

McMillan should've never been promoted to HC. That move was just as puzzling as not trading PG at the deadline

If you were puzzled by us not trading our best player at the trade deadline,,..

...you really don't want us to win, do you?

That's not living in the moment.

2 minutes ago, Colts_Fan12 said:

Unfortunately, Colts still have Pagano. At least Grigson's * is gone. I do think he was the bigger problem but that doesn't mean Pagano isn't a problem either. Some of his coaching decisions are absolutely atrocious

• Like 1

Unfortunately, Colts still have Pagano. At least Grigson's * is gone. I do think he was the bigger problem but that doesn't mean Pagano isn't a problem either. Some of his coaching decisions are absolutely atrocious

Its weak minded to always blame the coach every team every year.

Its the easy way out

I know you know that

Just now, oldunclemark said:

If you were puzzled by us not trading our best player at the trade deadline,,..

...you really don't want us to win, do you?

Mark, they were never gonna get as great a value as what they would've at the deadline. And said best player was on his way to leading the Pacers to a 7 or 8 seed. And that probably wouldn't have even happened had Lance not come back

2 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

Its weak minded to always blame the coach every team every year.

Its the easy way out

I know you know that

It's a known fact that a team needs good coaching in order to reach its true potential. Pagano literally cost the Colts two games last year with his coaching decisions

It's a known fact that a team needs good coaching in order to reach its true potential. Pagano literally cost the Colts two games last year with his coaching decisions

Mark is literally the perfect example of the world's biggest homer his team could lose every game of the year and he would say we are going to the championship 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Luck is Good said:

Mark, they were never gonna get as great a value as what they would've at the deadline. And said best player was on his way to leading the Pacers to a 7 or 8 seed. And that probably wouldn't have even happened had Lance not come back

But its a franchise....LIG

You CANNOT trade your best player at the trade deadline when you are in the playoffs.

Do you realize how insane that sounds from a pure competition standpoint?

You know EXACTLY whey we did not trade Paul George at the trade deadline, right?

2 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

But its a franchise....LIG

You CANNOT trade your best player at the trade deadline when you are in the playoffs.

Do you realize how insane that sounds from a pure competition standpoint?

You know EXACTLY whey we did not trade Paul George at the trade deadline, right?

Because Larry Bird is an *

1 minute ago, Colts_Fan12 said:

Mark is literally the perfect example of the world's biggest homer his team could lose every game of the year and he would say we are going to the championship 

.......but I don't preach losing as a way out...or firing coaches no matter who they are.

I don't post 58 times a day about how bad my team is and how bad my players are.

But not trying to make the post-season is..as I know you know

You really don't understand how bad it is being stuck as an 8th seed every year do you? You pick the worst players left and you get no close to a ring why that is so hard for you is just mind blowing 

• Like 1

.......but I don't preach losing as a way out...or firing coaches no matter who they are.

I don't post 58 times a day about how bad my team is and how bad my players are.

Nah you think garbage would be a great player if you have your homer glasses on 

8 minutes ago, Luck is Good said:

Its easy to credit the players with wins and blame the coach for the loss

You don't really you know everything about pro coaching, do you?

They had no chance in hell of winning as a 7 or 8 seed against either the Cavs or Celtics. And PG wasn't ever gonna stay in Indianapolis. Those are common knowledge statements

Do you think you have a responsibility to make the playoffs in pro sports if you can?

Yes or no.

A team needs good coaching and good players to win on a consistent basis

The question was; Pro coaching. Your inside knowledge?

I don't know you. Maybe you're related to Vince Lombardi.

If you are, I'd be impressed!!

Edited by oldunclemark

..but I don't post 68 times a day about how bad my team is and how terrible the coach is.

Why do that.? as a fan..why do that? 

Cause some of us would like to see our team win a ring before we die of old age 

• Like 1