Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2017-2018 Indiana Pacers and Everything NBA Thread

4 minutes ago, aaron11 said:

i know they dont want to

im a fan though, not an owner so i see it differently

if we do lose for a year or two, things will be fine in the long run

its not like we've won anything anyway

If you go down that road..you don't know it will be a year..it could be 10..

Losing doenst guarantee future winning..far from it..

When did Minnesota last make the postseason>

IN pro sports...you have to try to make the playoffs or you are cheating fans..

..and for me..I want a shot in the post-season every year. Throwing season to try to get teen whose names we don't even know yet..just goes against all logic

25 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

Cant help but like this..He'll be 30 next month but he can shoot from the line....and he's always averaged 10 or more a game

..and that brings Lance off the bench where ...he'll be better.

Good stuff

I would like to see Joe Young get some time I watched that kid at Oregon almost every game.. He's not a point guard he is a scorer  I wish they'd let him be what he is. 

He never misses at the end of the game If the Ducks had the ball at the end. They were getting the W. He reminded me of a more athletic Jay Edwards. Jay had a smoother jumper. That goes without saying but Mighty Joe drains when it counts. He can get to the rack at will. He has ice in his veins.

It may not translate but I would like to see him get some consistent minutes and find out. I hope he runs with Lance on the 2nd unit. We are buying Monte out. 

2 minutes ago, akcolt said:

I would like to see Joe Young get some time I watched that kid at Oregon almost every game.. He's not a point guard he is a scorer  I wish they'd let him be what he is. 

He never misses at the end of the game If the Ducks had the ball at the end. They were getting the W. He reminded me of a more athletic Jay Edwards. Jay had a smoother jumper. That goes without saying but Mighty Joe drains when it counts. He can get to the rack at will. He has ice in his veins.

It may not translate but I would like to see him get some consistent minutes and find out. I hope he runs with Lance on the 2nd unit. We are buying Monte out. 

I like him..(and obviously we do because this is his 3rd summer league) .but he cant play off the ball at his size...6-foot-2

He's not THAT good a scorer

He has to be a distributor and he's trying (7 assists today)

....I'm thinking we're looking for a small forward and Monta would be the trade bait..

.....unless for count Glenn and George Niang...we don't have small forwards

17 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

If you go down that road..you don't know it will be a year..it could be 10..

Losing doenst guarantee future winning..far from it..

When did Minnesota last make the postseason>

IN pro sports...you have to try to make the playoffs or you are cheating fans..

..and for me..I want a shot in the post-season every year. Throwing season to try to get teen whose names we don't even know yet..just goes against all logic

i got no enjoyment out of the pacers getting swept this year

some of those no name teens are going to be the next paul george or lebron james or stepth curry

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, aaron11 said:

i got no enjoyment out of the pacers getting swept this year

some of those no name teens are going to be the next paul george or lebron james or stepth curry

I thought we were competitive in all 4 games against the cavs..

....That's what I want..a playoff shot every year..

Just now, oldunclemark said:

I thought we were competitive in all 4 games against the cavs..

....That's what I want..a playoff shot every year..

this team will never win a title like that

it hasnt worked in their 40 year history, and we aren't close now

Just now, aaron11 said:

this team will never win a title like that

it hasnt worked in their 40 year history, and we aren't close now

Doesn't matter. Its a business.

We're not going to throw seasons.....that's just not the real world

Try telling your season ticket holders.we're tanking for teens

8 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

No..that's message board stuff.....when you are the player and leader..you cant blame management when you're .500

He wanted to play in LA......more power to him...

nah, he wanted to compete for titles

they may do that in la too, with a class of super star free agents

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, aaron11 said:

nah, he wanted to compete for titles

they may do that in la too, with a class of super star free agents

Sure didn't seem like it this past year.. He just wanted to shoot half of his 15-20 shots a game behind the 3 point line. He would have been a perfect fit for Cleveland. Paul put on his best "poor-man's Kobe" impression, and went all diva right along with it. I think it's great that KP sent his butt to OKC. He can go fight with Westbrook and try to get the ball from him. They'll be lucky to win 50 games next year with the way those 2 play. It wouldn't surprise me if OKC unloads PG at the trade deadline.

LA won't sniff a title playing in the west with GS and San Antonio

16 minutes ago, BleedBlu8792 said:

Sure didn't seem like it this past year.. He just wanted to shoot half of his 15-20 shots a game behind the 3 point line. He would have been a perfect fit for Cleveland. Paul put on his best "poor-man's Kobe" impression, and went all diva right along with it. I think it's great that KP sent his butt to OKC. He can go fight with Westbrook and try to get the ball from him. They'll be lucky to win 50 games next year with the way those 2 play. It wouldn't surprise me if OKC unloads PG at the trade deadline.

LA won't sniff a title playing in the west with GS and San Antonio

12 minutes ago, BleedBlu8792 said:

?? They haven't been % or picked up a worth while FA in over 5 years. Their last "good" FA was 10 years ago and that was Pau Gasol. 

Nicely put

53 minutes ago, BleedBlu8792 said:

?? They haven't been % or picked up a worth while FA in over 5 years. Their last "good" FA was 10 years ago and that was Pau Gasol. 

they will be back

they have had some of the best free agents ever like shaq and kareem

1 hour ago, oldunclemark said:

I like him..(and obviously we do because this is his 3rd summer league) .but he cant play off the ball at his size...6-foot-2

He's not THAT good a scorer

He has to be a distributor and he's trying (7 assists today)

....I'm thinking we're looking for a small forward and Monta would be the trade bait..

.....unless for count Glenn and George Niang...we don't have small forwards

Everything I've seen says Monte will be bought out.  I think we may roll with GR3 at the 3. I agree we need wings. A couple who can shoot would be nice. I don't see a lot of options.

Does the Collison signing kill the Joesph trade? It's tough to see what we are doing. They were talking about Dipo seeing more time at the point too. 

Can TJ play the 3?  It will be interesting to see what happens. We msy end up starting Collision Dipo GRIII Thad Turner. 

25 minutes ago, Luck is Good said:

I love signing Darren Collison. Needed a good backup PG to help groom Lance. There's a difference between being the starting PG and just running the point coming off the bench. And if KP gets rid of Monta, that's another plus in my book

I have to admit I like the Collison signing as well. We needed something positive to happen. He's a pretty good player.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I have to admit I like the Collison signing as well. We needed something positive to happen. He's a pretty good player.

If they can buy out Al Jefferson as well, I'd be ecstatic. No more Monta, LaVoy or Al Jefferson. That would be great

• Like 1

8 hours ago, BleedBlu8792 said:

Yeah the Lakers haven't picked up anyone worth while in Free Agency in a long time. I don't really count Lou Williams because his stay there was brief. Pau was actually acquired in a trade so he wasn't technically a Free Agency when the Lakers got him in 2008. He was part of a deal that sent his brother Marc to Memphis back in 08.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Luck is Good said:

I love signing Darren Collison. Needed a good backup PG to help groom Lance. There's a difference between being the starting PG and just running the point coming off the bench. And if KP gets rid of Monta, that's another plus in my book

Groom Lance??  I think with Lance you get what he is. His grooming days are long gone.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

Groom Lance??  I think with Lance you get what he is. His grooming days are long gone.

Yes groom Lance. There's a difference between being the starting PG and just running the point off the bench. Darren Collison has been both a starting PG and backup PG before. He can help Lance understand the difference

8 hours ago, akcolt said:

Everything I've seen says Monte will be bought out.  I think we may roll with GR3 at the 3. I agree we need wings. A couple who can shoot would be nice. I don't see a lot of options.

Does the Collison signing kill the Joseph trade? It's tough to see what we are doing. They were talking about Dipo seeing more time at the point too. 

Can TJ play the 3?  It will be interesting to see what happens. We msy end up starting Collision Dipo GRIII Thad Turner. 

There's aren't many options at the '3'

.......we can play Glenn at the '3' against teams that go small....but when the Cavs play (for example) Tristan Thompson in the middle with Love and LBJ, we need a bigger guy..

..when we play Toronto...we're going to need a big G/F defender for DeRozen..and then we need somebody else for a guy like D. Carroll.

Glenn's just not big enough to play the '3'..

..we may deal Thad before the season begins..to get a scoring '3'

Lang's going to be a four....

2 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

There's aren't many options at the '3'

.......we can play Glenn at the '3' against teams that go small....but when the Cavs play (for example) Tristan Thompson in the middle with Love and LBJ, we need a bigger guy..

..when we play Toronto...we're going to need a big G/F defender for DeRozen..and then we need somebody else for a guy like D. Carroll.

Glenn's just not big enough to play the '3'..

..we may deal Thad before the season begins..to get a scoring '3'

Lang's going to be a four....

TJ Leaf will most definitely be a PF. I think KP may be thinking about a SF. That's why he might buy out Monta and hopefully Jefferson. I'd roll with Kevin Seraphin as the backup C and Sabonis and Leaf at PF. Of course, Thad Young is the one dynamic I'm not sure of right now. If he's still here, he'll play good minutes

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Luck is Good said:

If they can buy out Al Jefferson as well, I'd be ecstatic. No more Monta, LaVoy or Al Jefferson. That would be great

LaVoy Allen is no longer with us...Contract is up..

There's no minutes for Al Jefferson with all the centers we have...

Monta can score a little but Joe Young can do what he does ...

Just now, oldunclemark said:

LaVoy Allen is no longer with us...Contract is up..

There's no minutes for Al Jefferson with all the centers we have...

Monta can score a little but Joe Young can do what he does ...

Seraphin should've played over LaVoy last season. It was so obvious. And Monta and Al were just bad signings. Nothing else to say there. But with the signing of Darren Collison, Joe Young might be buried on the bench again

2 minutes ago, Luck is Good said:

TJ Leaf will most definitely be a PF. I think KP may be thinking about a SF. That's why he might buy out Monta and hopefully Jefferson. I'd roll with Kevin Seraphin as the backup C and Sabonis and Leaf at PF. Of course, Thad Young is the one dynamic I'm not sure of right now. If he's still here, he'll play good minutes

..and Thad is our most tradable player....

...I wonder if we can get a '3' who can score for him......

I like him....but I think somebody like Washington or Toronto might like him, too

If he's here...he's probably the '3'

• Like 1

1 minute ago, oldunclemark said:

..and Thad is our most tradable player....

...I wonder if we can get a '3' who can score for him......

I like him....but I think somebody like Washington or Toronto might like him, too

If he's here...he's probably the '3'

I'm actually in agreement here. Thad would probably be the starting SF. Glenn Robinson would back him up

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Luck is Good said:

Seraphin should've played over LaVoy last season. It was so obvious. And Monta and Al were just bad signings. Nothing else to say there. But with the signing of Darren Collison, Joe Young might be buried on the bench again

Seraphin worked well with Lance.......I want to see that again on the 2nd team.

They have a working relationship...

....if we buy out Monta (surprised we cant trade him...not even for a 2nd round pick) wouldn't Joe Young be the 'wing' with Lance....He can shoot and he'd be the 3rd point guar when Lance fouls tooo much or gets technicals (it is Lance, we're talking about)

• Like 1

TJ Lang reminds me a little of Frank Kaminskiy of Wisconsin.

...a little quicker...not as strong

He's very good on offense...cant set picks because he has no body...but he moves well..and has very good hands......I know he can shoot..

...Like a lot of these 1-and-done guys.....he is so thin its painful.

That summer game yesterday,,I saw the reply..bodies were flying.....he cant bump with the big guys like that.

But with Myles Turner (21), Sabonis (21) and Lang (20), we have a future up front