Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2017-2018 Indiana Pacers and Everything NBA Thread

1 hour ago, Jules said:

Cavs fans still want Carmelo and they scream "And Lebron will turn him into Olympic Melo!!!." Sigh.

Jose Calderon, don't laugh. Dude is the missing piece, a total Warriors killer.

Calderon_Jose_nyk_150113.jpg

Although sadly yes the Cavs bench is starting to look like the nursing home of the NBA.

But Kelly did turn into Larry Bird in game 7 vs. the Wizards in the 4th quarter. lmao And he can rip off Kevin Love's limbs at a moment's notice.

A lot of Boston fans can't stand him, I think he gets tons of cheers for being the big white dude who looks like he was the 4th missing member of Nirvana who clunked around. When he falls on the court some have claimed you can even hear the thud out loud. Don't Pacers fans want this?

Can't like this enough. I know people think we are racist in Indiana but Boston has had its share of issues in sports. I mean they cheered him if he finished a drink of Gatorade without spilling it. Oleynik is expendable now though since the next great White hope is there with Hayward. That said we got our own bumbling white guy that plays hard in Sabonis so I think there is an nba quota on that because every white owner has to have one for their fans. 

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, PrincetonTiger said:

I do, like Sabonis too but Inthink I am in a big minority

I'm with you. Dipo is going to come in and give us at least 16pts a game and play solid defense. That's his floor. His shooting percentages have shown steady improvement  from 2, 3, and the ft line. I don't think he's reached his ceiling yet. I think we get 19pts 5rebs 4ast 2steals and a block a game next year from him. 

Sabonis is a guy I think is undervalued. He has a season under his belt. A season that saw him started 60 games on a Western Conference playoff team.  OKC didn't play to his strengths. They wanted him to be a stretch 4. He took more 3's in his first 7 games then he had in 2 years at Gonzaga. He hit at a rate not far off what we get from Turner.

He spent his time effectively working the blocks for the Zag's and I think he gets back to that for us. As long as Thad is here he will start but I expect Sabonis to be the first big off the bench. He will eventually be the starter at the 4 and should fit well with Turner. 

Everyone is upset because we didn't get picks. I don't think anyone especially not Danny Ainge was offering high lottery picks regardless of what's being said now. You don't know what you are getting in the draft anyway. That's taking a hope and a prayer. Like everyone I wish we had got more and better but we didn't. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, akcolt said:

I'm with you. Dipo is going to come in and give us at least 16pts a game and play solid defense. That's his floor. His shooting percentages have shown steady improvement  from 2, 3, and the ft line. I don't think he's reached his ceiling yet. I think we get 19pts 5rebs 4ast 2steals and a block a game next year from him. 

Sabonis is a guy I think is undervalued. He has a season under his belt. A season that saw him started 60 games on a Western Conference playoff team.  OKC didn't play to his strengths. They wanted him to be a stretch 4. He took more 3's in his first 7 games then he had in 2 years at Gonzaga. He hit at a rate not far off what we get from Turner.

He spent his time effectively working the blocks for the Zag's and I think he gets back to that for us. As long as Thad is here he will start but I expect Sabonis to be the first big off the bench. He will eventually be the starter at the 4 and should fit well with Turner. 

Everyone is upset because we didn't get picks. I don't think anyone especially not Danny Ainge was offering high lottery picks regardless of what's being said now. You don't know what you are getting in the draft anyway. That's taking a hope and a prayer. Like everyone I wish we had got more and better but we didn't. 

Nicely put

• Like 2

2 hours ago, dgambill said:

Those guys are basically available now as free agents. Boston has to move salaries to finish signing Hayward. We could get them without having to give up a thing. Nobody wants to believe it but the crap floated out on the internet is all fakes. These 3 draft picks and player stuff....it wasn't 3 good draft picks and Crowder or Bradley. Celtics were offering their own late picks and not coming off the la, Brooklyn, memphis picks. They also wanted to move bad contracts like olynik and zeller who they just ended up cutting anyways. Crowder was discussed. They weren't giving us Brown or Tatum or high picks....OKC deal was better. Plus we don't make a power team in the East to beat our butts for the next decade....just like we weren't giving PG to Lebron and Cleveland. That would be like the Colts saying AL is demanding a trade so let's send him to the Patriots for some deflated footballs so our rivals can blast us for another decade.

OKC got George on an rental and will do well to be a 2nd rd team. So what!
   We have 3 _____ ___ posters hear blathering some really ____ _ _ _ _!

6 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

The reports may have not been true that Boston offered us what was reported but I would've took Bradley and Olynyk over what we got. Both those guys are Good and I would've been happy with that. Bradley is better than Dipo. Surely, Ainge would've done that for a player that is Top 15 like PG and can help them get to the Finals.

Even if he offered that he couldn't sign Hayward to a max deal if he got George first. So he was saying *....you will wait til we say we want to trade and by that time we would have no other offers because everyone is pretty well done in free agency now....then who would we have to compete with bostons deal. He could simply change his mind and say...uhh nevemidn about Bradley....let's offer them Tyler Zeller lol. If we want Oleynik we can sign him without trading....why trade for a guy that is freely available?

Just now, Colts_Fan12 said:

He gets an F for trading a top 15 player for trash bags 

No he gets an incomplete....bird gets an f for putting us in an unwinable situation. This wasn't Pritchards fault....Bird screwed up then ran away when it was time to face the music for his long list of horrible moves.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, dgambill said:

No he gets an incomplete....bird gets an f for putting us in an unwinable situation. This wasn't Pritchards fault....Bird screwed up then ran away when it was time to face the music for his long list of horrible moves.

I can agree with this I guess incomplete is ok for now I see no way KP could get an A he still rushed the trade imo 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, dgambill said:

Can't like this enough. I know people think we are racist in Indiana but Boston has had its share of issues in sports. I mean they cheered him if he finished a drink of Gatorade without spilling it. Oleynik is expendable now though since the next great White hope is there with Hayward. That said we got our own bumbling white guy that plays hard in Sabonis so I think there is an nba quota on that because every white owner has to have one for their fans. 

Jazz fans had a conspiracy for the last few weeks that the league secretly wanted a white all star in a large market like Boston. lmao I didn't watch the video but they even made a video on it.

I am laughing though since one of the teams interested apparently in Kelly O now is rumored to be the Jazz.:lol: 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Jules said:

lmao I always love your posts on this stuff. lmao 

Can't help it lol I'm just completely * off at this situation I've watched the pacers my whole life and we still haven't won a damn ring in tired of the FO being ok with average every year 

45 minutes ago, Jules said:

Jazz fans had a conspiracy for the last few weeks that the league secretly wanted a white all star in a large market like Boston. lmao I didn't watch the video but they even made a video on it.

I am laughing though since one of the teams interested apparently in Kelly O now is rumored to be the Jazz.:lol: 

The NBA has probably the most conspiracy-oriented fans of any major sport. 

Their conspiracy theories go as far back to the 80's, sometimes even back to the 70's depending on what you are hearing. lmao

I'm sure that conspiracy revolved around this photo for sure....

Image result for 1986 celtics

• Like 2

2 hours ago, throwing BBZ said:

But Bradley is still a middling talent and on a one year rental. Oh yes, lets trade for a restricted free agent.
 Silliness.

OK Genius, since you like to clown on every Post I make what would've been your solution? I suppose you are happy with we what we got? I like Bradley but I would've been fine with Tatum and Smart actually, Tatum was the 3rd pick in the Draft and plays the same position as PG. I throw out examples of how we could've done better, all you do is Post how silly my Posts are. So let me hear your GM expertise at work.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, 21isSuperman said:

Celtics are now shopping Crowder, Bradley, and Smart.....why not trade them for Paul George and get another star in return?

I got no idea what Boston is doing right now....... lmao 

1 hour ago, Synthetic said:

The NBA has probably the most conspiracy-oriented fans of any major sport. 

Their conspiracy theories go as far back to the 80's, sometimes even back to the 70's depending on what you are hearing. lmao

I'm sure that conspiracy revolved around this photo for sure....

Image result for 1986 celtics

That 86 Celtics team is among the best ever.

3 minutes ago, Colts_Fan12 said:

They would have had we waited KP was ignorant for trading him on the eve of FA lol

Is it too late? Can't someone send the Pacers some sort of parting gift to be nice? Maybe OKC can send PG back and then you all can redo the trade.

Just now, Jules said:

Is it too late? Can't someone send the Pacers some sort of parting gift to be nice? Maybe OKC can send PG back and then you all can redo the trade.

lmao I wish but we are stuck with this nightmare. There were really fans asking if we could change our mind before the deal was finalized haha

• Like 1

Just now, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Just to be nice, I will send our GM a BigMac deal with large fries. Man did we get screwed.

Honestly a food and drinks special for Pacers fans is what is probably needed to make up for this.

Maybe patience was needed. I got the feeling the Pacers wanted to make a trade fast and all, but as the offseason goes on more teams might be willing to sit down and give more up.

Ugh.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Jules said:

Honestly a food and drinks special for Pacers fans is what is probably needed to make up for this.

Maybe patience was needed. I got the feeling the Pacers wanted to make a trade fast and all, but as the offseason goes on more teams might be willing to sit down and give more up.

Ugh.

Patience indeed wise one. Yeah I think half off for food and beers (like pizza and nachos) at the games should happen now. I don't go to games anymore but for the people that do, they deserve that because stuff is outrageous now days.

3 hours ago, Colts_Fan12 said:

He gets an F for trading a top 15 player for trash bags 

Pacers had no chance at a good trade unfortunately, so I'm not gonna hate on Pritchard too much. Bird on the other hand at least had some leverage and didn't trade him. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, RockThatBlue said:

Pacers had no chance at a good trade unfortunately, so I'm not gonna hate on Pritchard too much. Bird on the other hand at least had some leverage and didn't trade him. 

I still think we could've done better but maybe I am way off base and have lost my marbles. haha 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I still think we could've done better but maybe I am way off base and have lost my marbles. haha 

Yeah, we probably could have. But PGs agent probably hurt any really good trades that could've happened. Nobody was probably gonna give up a crazy amount for a most likely one year guy.

• Like 1

Just now, RockThatBlue said:

Yeah, we probably could have. But PGs agent probably hurt any really good trades that could've had. Nobody was probably gonna give up a crazy amount for a most likely one year guy.

If I was the GM of the Pacers I would've kept on the phone with Boston and both LA's non stop. Maybe KP did at times but I just don't like the deal we got.

• Like 2

Hearing the Celtics may do some sort of sign and trade if Hayward agrees to it. Maybe send Crowder to Utah.

Not sure, but I almost get this feeling they are trying to give a little gift to Utah. But in return maybe Ainge demands something else.......

I got no idea, Boston has been linked to everything this offseason. 

7 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

What you got is good enough. OlduncleMark said so. It's playoffs or bust again.

• Like 2

Just now, Jules said:

Hearing the Celtics may do some sort of sign and trade if Hayward agrees to it. Maybe send Crowder to Utah.

Not sure, but I almost get this feeling they are trying to give a little gift to Utah. But in return maybe Ainge demands something else.......

I got no idea, Boston has been linked to everything this offseason. 

What is going on in Beantown