Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2017-2018 Indiana Pacers and Everything NBA Thread

52 minutes ago, Myles said:

Atlanta offered 4 first round picks.   Not 5.  

I am not totally unhappy with the trade the Pacers made.   They put them in a situation that made it one of very few options.   I am unhappy that they waited so long like they did.   Nearly everyone seen the writing on the wall, but not the Pacers.  

I like that the Pacers put a good team on the court most years.   But I can also realize that the Pacers will not win a championship doing it this way.   They are stuck in NBA purgatory.   I've never liked the NBA draft set up because of this.    I think all teams should have a shot at draft positions.    Just a lesser shot the more games you win.  

We rolled the dice because PG said he was coming back and if he's on the All NBA team and can collect his extra $70M he stays He didn't so he took his ball and wanted to go home 

18 minutes ago, PrincetonTiger said:

The Pacers are nowhere near being one player away from contending and there are no guarantees in the draft

That's the point we all know we are not one player away only the pacers GO thinks that every single off-season 

42 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

It's a 2 team league unfortunately = Warriors and Cavs. The Celtics may be able to take the Cavs 7 games now (now that they got Hayward) but I still am not sold on them beating the Cavs. In the West I like OKC now as the best team to challenge the Warriors. I am not sold on the CP3 trade to Houston. That looks a chemistry nightmare about to happen. The Spurs are always dangerous but their frontline is old and to me Aldridge is too inconsistent, Pau is old and Parker and Manu need to retire. PG in OKC looks like a perfect fit for Westbrook and they have Good young Big's in Adams and Kanter. Having said that the best OKC will do is take the Warriors 6 IMO.

Devils advocate.. They will struggle to finish at .500 and PG will gone by the trade deadline. This was nothing more than a business move for OKC. They got nothing in return for Durant, they unloaded Oladipo's contract, and I'm sure a good playoff/finals contender will come calling for PG, or they take the best offer. Boston could end up getting PG in the end anyways for a late playoff run rental, depending on what they're willing to give up. 

30 minutes ago, Colts_Fan12 said:How are you ok with being a 8th seed for the next 10 years? That's literally the worst possible thing in today's NBA all you can acquire in the draft is players like Leaf and Solomon hill george niang and you and Mark need to realize not a single top player is coming here to sign 

Also why is everyone so damn convinced the rumored deals were all fake literally no one ever think they are fake til the pacers get screwed then they say this crap to try to justify this god awful trade 

You have to be trolling at this point or did you just start watching Pacers basketball? 

How do you figure we are a 8th seed for the next 10 years?  We have never been stuck like that That's just crap you decided to throw out there. We have not gone 10 years between ECF appearances since the early 90's. 

We turned down 4 1st rounders from Atl and 2 lottery picks 2 starters from Boston 3 players and a pick from the Nuggets. 

Whats is their motivation? Would you make that trade if you were Atlanta? Denver? 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, akcolt said:

You have to be trolling at this point or did you just start watching Pacers basketball? 

How do you figure we are a 8th seed for the next 10 years?  We have never been stuck like that That's just crap you decided to throw out there. We have not gone 10 years between ECF appearances since the early 90's. 

We turned down 4 1st rounders from Atl and 2 lottery picks 2 starters from Boston 3 players and a pick from the Nuggets. 

Whats is their motivation? Would you make that trade if you were Atlanta? Denver? 

Nicely put

26 minutes ago, akcolt said:

The Atlanta offer was real.   ESPN, CBS, NBC, Bleacher report and many others reported it.  

4 hours ago, oldunclemark said:

What great players were drafted last year? None?

So you're lottery pick can be a total zero..or..most likely..an average player

Once players play in the NBA..you can evaluate them..then trade for them.

You know more about them, right?

How does one trade for a player when they have no assets?

According to the rumor mill, Giannis is leaving Milwaukee the first chance he gets. What could your team possibly give up to land him?

8 minutes ago, HOFClipboardHolder said:

According to the rumor mill, Giannis is leaving Milwaukee the first chance he gets. What could your team possibly give up to land him?

It depends on if he is a pure rental or you have a chance to keep him

3 minutes ago, PrincetonTiger said:

It depends on if he is a pure rental or you have a chance to keep him

If he agree'd to sign withus for at least 4 years I would give up 2 or 3 players for him. Everyone but Turner would be on the blocks. We need Turner to pair up with another Star, so I am keeping Turner.

58 minutes ago, akcolt said:

Cause KP was to big a pansy to trade him to an east team is what it was like it really matters and we will be a 7th or 8th seed til we find another too player like PG

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, PrincetonTiger said:

PG was not the next coming of Michael, Magic, or Larry

No but he is a SuperStar and a Top 15 player in todays game. Those guys don't grow on trees. Talking SF's - Is he LeBron or Durant - No but he is on Leonard's level, Leonard just plays harder during the Regular Season. PG is better than Butler and Hayward.

25 minutes ago, HOFClipboardHolder said:

Not a damn thing 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

If he agree'd to sign withus for at least 4 years I would give up 2 or 3 players for him. Everyone but Turner would be on the blocks. We need Turner to pair up with another Star, so I am keeping Turner.

There is no way we could land him our team is way too bad 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

This isnt a video game. You cant expect to give up your trash and get a star in return. Granted thats what happened in the Paul George trade, but thats the exception, not the rule

• Like 2

1 minute ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

No but he is a SuperStar and a Top 15 player in todays game. Those guys don't grow on trees. Talking SF's - Is he LeBron or Durant - No but he is on Leonard's level, Leonard just plays harder during the Regular Season. PG is better than Butler and Hayward.

A True Superstar plays at his/her best 24/7 for the whole season but maybe my view is a bit tainted

• Like 1

1 minute ago, PrincetonTiger said:

A True Superstar plays at his/her best 24/7 for the whole season but maybe my view is a bit tainted

Nothing wrong with your thinking at all. Did it ever cross your mind maybe that PG paces himself a bit in the Regular Season because of the nasty leg injury he had. I just noticed he does play 100% in the Playoffs like against Toronto and the Cavs. Before his injury I don't recall PG taking too many nights off in 2013 or 2014.

• Like 2

Just now, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Nothing wrong with your thinking at all. Did it ever cross your mind maybe that PG paces himself a bit in the Regular Season because of the nasty leg injury he had. I just noticed he does play 100% in the Playoffs like against Toronto and the Cavs. Before his injury I don't recall PG taking too many nights off in 2013 or 2014.

Agreed and I understand but playing at less than your 100% hurts your team and drives fans away from the arena and/or a team 

1 minute ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

He has beautiful hair though, perfect blend in Miami for the party atmosphere :thmup:

I can't wait to see Kelly partying it up in Miami. He is a pretty bad boy I hear.:lol:

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

My inner Bill Walton came out there for a minute with the hair comment lmao. Celtics need to clear Cap Space for Hayward.

They are trying to move Crowder I hear. And I don't know cap details but that might be enough this season, no idea. Sounds like they might be able to get him to Utah but nothing has happened yet and Gordon would have to agree to a sign and trade himself. Crowder is the one who was upset too when Utah went to Boston this past season and the crowd in Boston cheered and went nuts for Hayward.

• Like 1

Just now, RockThatBlue said:

Good signing by the Spurs. You need offense to beat GS and Gay is a good scorer.

Free agent forward Rudy Gay has agreed to a two year deal with the Spurs, league sourcs tell ESPN.

I still give SA a legit shot if they can stay healthy next year.

I would not mind seeing Popovich ring again, love that dude.......only thing is I was personally let down with how they kinda folded when Leonard left the series vs. GS. I was hoping for more fight, at least one win by them.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Jules said:

I still give SA a legit shot if they can stay healthy next year.

I would not mind seeing Popovich ring again, love that dude.......only thing is I was personally let down with how they kinda folded when Leonard left the series vs. GS. I was hoping for more fight, at least one win by them.

Leonard is such a key to that team but I have to admit I was shocked they let the Warriors walk on them after his injury. POPS should've been able to Coach them to a Game 1 win with a 23 point lead IMO.

• Like 1