Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2017-2018 Indiana Pacers and Everything NBA Thread

8 minutes ago, Colts_Fan12 said:

Cause some of us would like to see our team win a ring before we die of old age 

/..and posting 78 times a day about how horrible everything is...helps the franchise get a ring.

Posting on a message board about how bad the Pacers are helps the Pacers win..

Seriously?

OMG

Edited by oldunclemark
spell

1 hour ago, Colts_Fan12 said:

VO was drafted way to high the night he was drafted quit trying to twist this to help you we want the next game changers VO was not one on draft night no matter how stupid the magic were to take him 2nd overall

Look I am not trying to be argumentative with you but if you think VO was drafted way too high after having the college career he had I am pretty confident you are just trying to be argumentative yourself. It's either that or you have no clue as to what you are talking about.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

Look I am not trying to be argumentative with you but if you think VO was drafted way too high after having the college career he had I am pretty confident you are just trying to be argumentative yourself. It's either that or you have no clue as to what you are talking about.

VO earned that draft slot 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

I think when it comes to the NBA draft there are some with selective memory particularly when it comes to top 10 picks.  Dipo doesn't fit the point that was trying to be made. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Luck is Good said:

I really don't remember. But I do think a coach gets credit for the wins and blame for the losses

I'm glad to hear that.

Pagano has never had a losing season..

and Nate McMillan has never had a losing season in Indianapolis

If Nate gets us to .500 this year will you back him..

or will you complain that we didn't get in the lottery??

WE can be honest here.

11 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

/..and posting 78 times a day about how horrible everything is...helps the franchise get a ring.

Posting on a message board about how bad the Pacers are helps the Pacers win..

Seriously?

OMG

This is for chatting with other fans not to help the franchise 

2 minutes ago, PrincetonTiger said:

Everyone needs to take a chill pill 

They are keeping it clean so let it flow lmao All of them have legit points, Mark hates to lose period which I understand but I still don't like this trade we just made and I question what direction the team is headed in much like LIG and Colt_12 are asking? I didn't like the McMillan hiring either.

• Like 1

Just now, Colts_Fan12 said:

This is for chatting with other fans not to help the franchise 

Well if we're just 'chatting' with other 'fans;

..why go on and on about how bad the team is..how bad the coach is and how bad the franchise is.

If these are the subjects of our daily 'chats'....you better serve some coffee and danish

Just now, 2006Coltsbestever said:

They are keeping it clean so let it flow lmao All of them have legit points, Mark hates to lose period which I understand but I still don't like this trade we just made and I question what direction the team is headed in much like LIG and Colt_12 are asking? I didn't like the McMillan hiring either.

You know how I feel about rooting for this team not what was or Could've been

it more the personal attacks were getting out of hand

1 minute ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

exactly..make your point......This is what we do here.

Nobody knows who anybody else is...Say what you really think.

Put it on the line and debate it...

and CBE..of course you are 1000% wrong about the trade.

We traded a guy we didn't have (we could not have started the season with him) anymore for two starters.

What specifically did you want that we could have gotten?

4 minutes ago, akcolt said:

I think when it comes to the NBA draft there are some with selective memory particularly when it comes to top 10 picks.  Dipo doesn't fit the point that was trying to be made. 

Nicely put

I just watched the 3 on 3 League that featured a early "bust"- Kwame Brown

• Like 2

1 minute ago, PrincetonTiger said:

You know how I feel about rooting for this team not what was or Could've been

it more the personal attacks were getting out of hand

This is a tough time for Pacers fans so there is going to be stress and some hostility in here. We just lost the 2nd best player we have ever had in NBA Franchise history to Oladipo and Sabonis.

• Like 1

I mean: When somebody here (who shall go nameless but he knows who he is!!)  says that "to make $21 million a year, you have to be an allstar!!!"..

..and hours later..JJ Reddick signs for $23 mil a year/

We've got to talk about that!!!!!

(and the room falls silent)

4 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

Well if we're just 'chatting' with other 'fans;

..why go on and on about how bad the team is..how bad the coach is and how bad the franchise is.

If these are the subjects of our daily 'chats'....you better serve some coffee and danish

Well we start out talking to other fans who hate the trade then you cone in all trying to prove how wonderful it was when in reality it's not the who damn league is laughing at us you and like 2 other people seem to thinker are not that's a big group 

This is a tough time for Pacers fans so there is going to be stress and some hostility in here. We just lost the 2nd best player we have ever had in NBA Franchise history to Oladipo and Sabonis.

I was done with PG when he stated he was going to leave after the season

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Don't tie the losing of Paul to our new young players

paul was gone before the trade..we could not have started the season with him

Edited by oldunclemark

Well we start out talking to other fans who hate the trade then you cone in all trying to prove how wonderful it was when in reality it's not the who damn league is laughing at us you and like 2 other people seem to thinker are not that's a big group 

How can you hate this trade...WE got two starters for a player we no longer had

2 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

2 ROLE PLAYERS damn this blows 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, oldunclemark said:

exactly..make your point......This is what we do here.

Nobody knows who anybody else is...Say what you really think.

Put it on the line and debate it...

and CBE..of course you are 1000% wrong about the trade.

We traded a guy we didn't have (we could not have started the season with him) anymore for two starters.

What specifically did you want that we could have gotten?

I just think we traded him to fast and still could've hung in there a bit longer. Free Agency is just starting and July is a long month. Nobody really knows what Boston or LA was offering so it's impossible for any of us to say if it was better or worse.

1 minute ago, oldunclemark said:

How can you hate this trade...WE got two starters for a player we no longer had

VO was the 3rd or 4th best player on a team with no depth and sabonis is a fringe player the thunder literally made a trade to improve his spot just cause they start on our team don't make them great or good 

I just think we traded him to fast and still could've hung in there a bit longer. Free Agency is just starting and July is a long month. Nobody really knows what Boston or LA was offering so it's impossible for any of us to say if it was better or worse.

I would of loved to had more in return but I am not sure I could wait and hope

Maybe.  Possiiby. Could be.  'impossioble to say'

Lets be real.

We got two young players for a guy we could not have begun the season with anymore.

In your mind, we could have done better. But in the real time, we did Ok.. We git players who will play for us after Paul has left OKC

..and we could not have begun the 2017-2018 season with Paul. Not anymore

VO was the 3rd or 4th best player on a team with no depth and sabonis is a fringe player the thunder literally made a trade to improve his spot just cause they start on our team don't make them great or good 

Victor Oladipo was OKC's second leading scorer..He's 25..and he's making less than JJ Reddick

1 minute ago, oldunclemark said:

Victor Oladipo was OKC's second leading scorer..He's 25..and he's making less than JJ Reddick

Comparing those 2 players is like comparing Apples to Oranges. JJ is arguably the best 3 point shooter in the league. That is why people will pay that salary for him. He isn't a Great all-around player but is super in that one important area. Much like the Cavs wanted Korver.

Comparing those 2 players is like comparing Apples to Oranges. JJ is arguably the best 3 point shooter in the league. That is why people will pay that salary for him. He isn't a Great all-around player but is super in that one important area. Much like the Cavs wanted Korver.

Come on...CBE...$23 mil......Korver's not making $23 mil..

Write it out $23,000,000....for coming off the bench 82 times and shooting. he's not a defender at all.

This is 'he 'process'

This is the franchise that is so smart.