Steamboat_Shaun

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

43 minutes ago, RockThatBlue said:

We just had a quick conference call with Quincy Wilson. This guy I ain't scared of anyone. He is CONFIDENT. Wow.

He has a swag and attitude about him that I like. Not afraid to mix it up  & get up in receivers face and give them an earful.  Doesn't back down.  I'm very excited about the defense Ballard is building. 

1 minute ago, GoColts8818 said:

Yes, but as I think we both know some around here think being right is all that matters and anything that interferes with that is bad.

I don't care.  I want good players.  We, just got two.  I bet vontae is happy

1 minute ago, Coltsman1788 said:

He has a swag and attitude about him that I like. Not afraid to mix it up  & get up in receivers face and give them an earful.  Doesn't back down.  I'm very excited about the defense Ballard is building. 

I know these 2 Draft picks to go with Hankins and Sheard and Simon will be a nice new welcoming. All of these guys are young too. Vontae has to be smiling about now.

4 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

Yeah the backfield is looking good thus far in my view.  Pick up a couple pass rushers via the rest of the draft/udfa I'm really looking forward to seeing how this defense works out.  Hooker seems capable of covering TEs also. 

EDIT: I also think they may snag another CB. 

Just now, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I know these 2 Draft picks to go with Hankins and Sheard and Simon will be a nice new welcoming. All of these guys are young too. Vontae has to be smiling about now.

No doubt! He has to feel rejuvenated.  QBs are gonna want to try Quincy but I think he is wired for the challenge of it.   If we add another edge rusher and a solid running back in the next two rounds anything else will be icing on the cake as far as I'm concerned.  

5 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

3 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Umm....Luck is doing cartwheels (in his head,..shoulder and all),.  He's not going to go out on EVERY drive feeling like he's got to score or loose the game!

Just now, Coltsman1788 said:

No doubt! He has to feel rejuvenated.  QBs are gonna want to try Quincy but I think he is wired for the challenge of it.   If we add another edge rusher and a solid running back in the next two rounds anything else will be icing on the cake as far as I'm concerned.  

I am out of LIKES but I agree. We add another Pass Rusher and get a RB I am good. I also do hope we add another O.Lineman too for depth.

1 minute ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I am out of LIKES but I agree. We add another Pass Rusher and get a RB I am good. I also do hope we add another O.Lineman too for depth.

Yeah I think this draft pumps me up more than any other draft since 2012.  I've never fully watched the entire draft lol but I think I'm going to watch this one in its entirety. 

Just now, Malakai432 said:

Yeah I think this draft pumps me up more than any other draft since 2012.  I've never fully watched the entire draft lol but I think I'm going to watch this one in its entirety. 

I haven't either. This is the best Draft we have had since 2012 IMO going by who we have selected. On paper anyway.

52 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

Yeah draft isn't over.  I wouldn't be shocked if we still add a running back and another corner at some point as well.  

Another CB who could potentially be the replacement for Davis opposite Wilson would be Shaquill Griffin. Hope we get a quality pass rusher round 3 though, then in round 4 get a second CB, RB, and TE.

34 minutes ago, MarvinTheGreat88 said:

When have the Colts' first two draft selections ever been graded so highly?? This feels like a different franchise. I can get used to this!

Probably 2012 when eventual GM of the year Grigson picked Luck and then Fleener. 

55 minutes ago, Qcolts said:

Butler is going to have to play the slot if he wants to get on the field because he and hooker play the same spot and neither is an in the box safety

Yeah but they could both play deep on obvious passing downs. 

1 hour ago, tikyle said:

With the secondary we're building we can run the type of defense where we sellout on blitzes and leave guys on islands.  I like it.

Agreed.  I cant wait to see how much the front improves because of the secondary or vice versa.  Either way I can't wait to see these 2 on the field.  

1 minute ago, MarvinTheGreat88 said:

Trust me, I'll definitely settle for average!! After watching this franchise screwup the D for 15+ years, an average defense would be a step in the right direction  haha

Im waiting for the day we actually stop the run lol

32 minutes ago, stitches said:

Derek Rivers, Tim Williams and Carl Lawson still on the board. Let's go COLTS!

Darnit, Jordan Willis was just taken. I'm hoping that doesn't setoff a run of EDGE rushers right before our pick. If we land any of these guys in the 3rd round, with the elite secondary players we've already taken... it'd be the most solid Rounds 1-3 selections I can remember

e57559c01e784cd6db1cc29b93e13449_-keep-my-fingers-crossed-meme-fingers-crossed_500-509.jpg