Steamboat_Shaun

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

2 hours ago, GoColts8818 said:

Just heard he was a little underrated, McShay said he was the 33rd best player in this draft.  On paper Colts are getting good value at a positions of need.  They are putting a lot of pressure on Sheard to get to the QB though.  Still have picks left though.

True but we also had a secondary of Adams butler Davis toler (Landry) shut people down enough for our trashy pass rush to get to them lol 

5 hours ago, NannyMcafee said:

If Hankins lives up to his hype, then pass rush shouldn't get eaten up by blocks. I think pass rush will be better this year, plus probably get a rusher soon in this draft. I'm not worried. Liking our secondary on paper 

That AND with this new and improved secondary we could easily get more coverage sacks this season. #NoFlyZone is back!!!!!!!

4 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I haven't either. This is the best Draft we have had since 2012 IMO going by who we have selected. On paper anyway.

The Ironic thing about 2012 is in that Draft people were probably praising Grigson like they are Ballard. However I think that first year success for Grigs went to his head, where Ballard seems more humble then that. I like Ballard and think he is doing a great job building this D! I am excited to see it in action.

4 minutes ago, neug3246 said:

The Ironic thing about 2012 is in that Draft people were probably praising Grigson like they are Ballard. However I think that first year success for Grigs went to his head, where Ballard seems more humble then that. I like Ballard and think he is doing a great job building this D! I am excited to see it in action.

Ballard actually recognizes areas of weakness, and is doing something about it, in a responsible way. He didn't overpay any mediocre free agents, and drafted for positions in which we were terrible. Grigson was just the opposite. Overpaid free agents, and was careless with high draft picks.

22 minutes ago, Pacergeek said:

Ballard actually recognizes areas of weakness, and is doing something about it, in a responsible way. He didn't overpay any mediocre free agents, and drafted for positions in which we were terrible. Grigson was just the opposite. Overpaid free agents, and was careless with high draft picks.

I was just talking about comparison of their first draft each. I totally agree with your statement. I also fee like Grigs was so concern in finding a prospect that no one else new about to make him look good which I hated. Love not taking project players when you can get guys who can start and contribute right away. 

25 minutes ago, Pacergeek said:

I think you need to take a closer look at what Grigson did.

You will find out he didn't over pay for free agents, they were paid at the going rate for other free agents in the league. He did draft for positions of need they just didn't work out and that is what ultimately cost him his job. It was not from lack of trying either. Also some injuries effected a couple of players he brought in and he really had no control over that.

With that being said I am in no way saying he shouldn't have been fired. If the friction between him and Pagano was true then all the more reason to fire him.

5 minutes ago, neug3246 said:

I was just talking about comparison of their first draft each. I totally agree with your statement. I also fee like Grigs was so concern in finding a prospect that no one else new about to make him look good which I hated. Love not taking project players when you can get guys who can start and contribute right away. 

Did Freeman fall into that category? 

1 minute ago, crazycolt1 said:

Did Freeman fall into that category? 

Ya, but he was cheap coming out of the CFL who never was supposed to play but really over produced. He wasn't drafted high like Dorsett, Green, Werner,and whoever else I might have missed. I realize people knew who these were then but value never played out when grigs took them and are/were projects. Also Adungo (sp) and I feel like Swoope just took up a spot on the roster when active when they should have never been on it. I was never high on Harrison either.

9 minutes ago, neug3246 said:

Ya, but he was cheap coming out of the CFL who never was supposed to play but really over produced. He wasn't drafted high like Dorsett, Green, Werner,and whoever else I might have missed. I realize people knew who these were then but value never played out when grigs took them and are/were projects. Also Adungo (sp) and I feel like Swoope just took up a spot on the roster when active when they should have never been on it. I was never high on Harrison either.

I know but picking three players out of 5 years of Grigson IMO is nit picking.

Swoop and Dorsett are still on the roster so why add them to your list?

Grigson has been fired and now is an after thought. Why keep bringing him up when Ballard seems to have something positive going? If my memory serves me Grigson did win GM of the year and took a 2-14 team that was 39 million in cap hades to three straight 11-5 seasons so it wasn't all that bad. His problem was not taking a gamble on a couple of project players but not finding the talent in positions of need.

1 hour ago, neug3246 said:

3 minutes ago, crazycolt1 said:

I know but picking three players out of 5 years of Grigson IMO is nit picking.

Swoop and Dorsett are still on the roster so why add them to your list?

Grigson has been fired and now is an after thought. Why keep bringing him up when Ballard seems to have something positive going? If my memory serves me Grigson did win GM of the year and took a 2-14 team that was 39 million in cap hades to three straight 11-5 seasons so it wasn't all that bad. His problem was not taking a gamble on a couple of project players but not finding the talent in positions of need.

Read my bold text. I know what Grigs was, and I added Dorsett bc he wasn't a first round talent and so far has been a bust for when picked. Grigs never filled this team with talent everyone knows that I was just making a comment between 2012 draft being exciting and this draft being exciting and trued to originally point out how if Ballard has really great success with his first draft he will be more humble and not get cocky.  

44 minutes ago, neug3246 said:

Read my bold text. I know what Grigs was, and I added Dorsett bc he wasn't a first round talent and so far has been a bust for when picked. Grigs never filled this team with talent everyone knows that I was just making a comment between 2012 draft being exciting and this draft being exciting and trued to originally point out how if Ballard has really great success with his first draft he will be more humble and not get cocky.  

In all fairness Dorsett has yet to have the opportunity to show what he might be capable of. Luck has yet to have the time to go through any progressions and force feeds Hilton while other receivers are not utilized.

You count the number of looks that Hilton gets and the dump offs that Doyle gets there are very few for any other receivers. There has been no balance because of the lack of time Luck gets in the pocket. So far we have not seen any timing routes and that is a problem. Over the last three seasons we have seen nothing but patchwork on the offensive line. We have lost count on how many different starting lineups we have started during that time.

Drawing the conclusion that Dorsett is a bust is not seeing why. It take a whole team working together to get the most out of the specialty players. .

As far as Grigson being what you call cocky, that is your personal opinion and maybe your dislike of him gives you that impression?

40 minutes ago, Colt Overseas said:

Its funny looking at Quincy, he is only 20 years old, but he looks about 14 lol. He is a baby a NFL level, probably in the top 20 youngest players. So much potential there, Im starting to really love the pick.

That reminds me of Byron Leftwich, who looks like Gary Coleman.

usp-nfl_-baltimore-ravens-at-pittsburgh-

10 hours ago, jvan1973 said:

Both are great picks by anyone who knows what they are talking about

Wilson is a "ballhawk" who has real coverage experience as a CB, no injury history, good tackler and also projected to FS. Humphrey then Wilson would have been great picks too, maybe even better.   

But nobody expected Wilson to be there, so that's hindsight at this point

1 hour ago, DougDew said:

Wilson is a "ballhawk" who has real coverage experience as a CB, no injury history, good tackler and also projected to FS. Humphrey then Wilson would have been great picks too, maybe even better.   

But nobody expected Wilson to be there, so that's hindsight at this point

He is going to be a good one. 

15 hours ago, Coltsman1788 said:

No doubt! He has to feel rejuvenated.  QBs are gonna want to try Quincy but I think he is wired for the challenge of it.   If we add another edge rusher and a solid running back in the next two rounds anything else will be icing on the cake as far as I'm concerned.  

I want them to try hooker. Im sure flacco will as he throws at anyone

18 hours ago, LJpalmbeacher said:

So much for taking the BPA.

Botched FA not signing a CB and forced to reach a mid 2nd pick on this guy.

Do not like.

Yeah well you would probably be complaining no matter who we picked... I love this pick, Ballard is having an amazing draft!

After watching these guys' tape after the draft, Quincy is the one I'm most excited about.

Can't wait to watch him play for the Colts. I like how he has already mentioned how he is looking forward to learn from Vontae.

On 29/4/2017 at 4:28 PM, LJpalmbeacher said:

So did Dijoun Smith.

Smith thought he would be the greatest CB ever. Quincy also has much, much better tape against far better competition compared to Smith.

23 minutes ago, Superman said:

I don't see Peters, he was more physical and a better tackler. In coverage, they're similar. 

If people are expecting to Marcus Peters...I think they will be disappointed. That's a very lofty comparison for a 2nd round player. 

49 minutes ago, shastamasta said:

If people are expecting to Marcus Peters...I think they will be disappointed. That's a very lofty comparison for a 2nd round player. 

Yeah a 2nd rounder could never become an elite player........

5 hours ago, Colts_Fan12 said:

Yeah a 2nd rounder could never become an elite player........

Sigh...that's totally what I just said. 

I don't like PFF and I don't think that is a good comp for Wilson. Peters was a much better talent...which is more or less why I mentioned the 2nd round.

Wilson could absolutely be a very good player though...maybe even elite. I just think a comp like that gives people a bit unrealistic expectations. But to each their own.