• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

1 minute ago, LJpalmbeacher said:

So much for taking the BPA.

Botched FA not signing a CB and forced to reach a mid 2nd pick on this guy.

Do not like.

Who was your bpa? Or is this sarcasm? Getting harder and harder too tell lol

3 minutes ago, LJpalmbeacher said:

Do not like.

Several boards had him rated a first round talent.  Colts got him in the middle of the second.  Todd McShay said he had him rated as the 33rd best player in this draft.  That's not a reach.  That's getting value. 

5 minutes ago, LJpalmbeacher said:

Do not like.

How so? Look all over the internet. Look at mocks. Look at his tape, his combine. Wilson allowed a 29.3 passer rating on him. That's insane. We got our potential Davis replacement next offseason! 

1 minute ago, Colts1324 said:

Butler can play slot now. We are looking pretty dang good on defense for the future! 

Colts said when he was signed he will be a safety.  Given the fact they have a disappointment to this point in Green and two other safeties that have a history of injuries I think they are going to stick with Butler at safety.

I don't see how Tim Williams, Zach Cunningham, and Chidobe are still available. I wish we would trade up and snag one of them. We could have a day 1 starter with any of those 3. Williams would split time, but is a monster. 

If Chidobe is available and those 2 players aren't, we have to double dip there. BPA. 

Just now, SanDiegoColt8 said:

This

He was viewed as a first round talent by some, McShay said he was the 33rd best player in the draft and the Colts got him in the middle of the draft.  Heck in any other year where the draft isn't so stacked at corner he's probably a first rounder.  The Colts got value on paper. 

I get the idea that most people who think this is a reach are saying so because they don't like the pick.  If that's the case fine so be it but just because people might not like the pick does not make it a reach.  If there is another reason people think this is a reach please feel free to share because by just about any measure you would use to measure if this was a reach or not it's not. 

5 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

Colts said when he was signed he will be a safety.  Given the fact they have a disappointment to this point in Green and two other safeties that have a history of injuries I think they are going to stick with Butler at safety.

Well they said that wherever they felt he needed to be played, he would be. I think he will play both, safety and slot corner.

1 minute ago, GoColts8818 said:

He was viewed as a first round talent by some, McShay said he was the 33rd best player in the draft and the Colts got him in the middle of the draft.  Heck in any other year where the draft isn't so stacked at corner he's probably a first rounder.  The Colts got value on paper. 

I get the idea that most people who think this is a reach are saying so because they don't like the pick.  If that's the case fine so be it but just because people might not like the pick does not make it a reach.  If there is another reason people think this is a reach please feel free to share because by just about any measure you would use to measure if this was a reach or not it's not. 

Agreed. Wilson is the type of corner we need for our defense. I'm excited about this draft. 

3 minutes ago, Qcolts said:

Butler is going to have to play the slot if he wants to get on the field because he and hooker play the same spot and neither is an in the box safety

Hooker is a rookie he MIGHT not be a day one starter.  He also has some injury issues in the past and those issues are going to cause him to miss time that might very well prevent him from being a day one starter.  So Butler might very well be the starter day one and Hooker might not start until later in the season. 

15 minutes ago, LJpalmbeacher said:

Do not like.

Chris Landry had Wilson graded #42 overall (all positions) and we got him at #46.  Your definition of reach needs a re-calibration.

it is BR...but:

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2706317-nfl-draft-2017-round-2-3-grades-for-every-nfl-pick

Wilson has the size of a free safety and a knack for reading routes and breaking on the ball that will make him a zone-coverage asset. He turns his head to play the ball in the air better than most collegiate defenders. He’s a No. 1 cornerback.

The Malik Hooker-Wilson 1-2 punch upgrade of the Colts secondary is going to have a noticeable impact on their won-loss column.

Grade: A

2 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

I always think it's funny when fans poo poo picks they haven't heard of.  Anyone that thinks Hooker or Wilson are bad picks are either trolls or clueless

or are mad who they wanted wasn't picked or are upset because they weren't "right" in terms of who they thought the Colts should pick.

2 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

I always think it's funny when fans poo poo picks they haven't heard of.  Anyone that thinks Hooker or Wilson are bad picks are either trolls or clueless

They live under the bride down by the river!

6 minutes ago, Lawrence Owen said:

it is BR...but:

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2706317-nfl-draft-2017-round-2-3-grades-for-every-nfl-pick

Wilson has the size of a free safety and a knack for reading routes and breaking on the ball that will make him a zone-coverage asset. He turns his head to play the ball in the air better than most collegiate defenders. He’s a No. 1 cornerback.

The Malik Hooker-Wilson 1-2 punch upgrade of the Colts secondary is going to have a noticeable impact on their won-loss column.

Grade: A

When have the Colts' first two draft selections ever been graded so highly?? This feels like a different franchise. I can get used to this!

8 minutes ago, GoColts8818 said:

or are mad who they wanted wasn't picked or are upset because they weren't "right" in terms of who they thought the Colts should pick.

Both are great picks by anyone who knows what they are talking about