Jump to content
Indianapolis Colts

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CR91

Gareon Conley accused of sexual assault (edit)

Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, PrincetonTiger said:

I don't believe anyone here is overreacting just discussing how this could devastating to all sides

 

I said overreacting because the article is a click bait no real info just a lot of speculation, look the accusation was made 9th April, the accusation is 2 weeks old with no charge, the offices arrived at the "crime scene" the same day and there aren't charges.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, stitches said:

It's about keeping the name out of public eye, more than keeping it from teams IMO. Teams will probably get the name. If I were to guess they don't want the guy's name to be dragged through the mud 2 days before the draft in case the allegations are not substantiated. It's usually not the job of the media to do that, and this is why I find it weird that they are not releasing the name. The only reason I can think of is - they migh have doubts about the veracity of the claims. Of course, all of this is just speculation on my part.

they could find out really really easily.  Especially if a police report was taken(assuming it was reported to the police).  Anyone one of us could honestly if you know the laws

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, NewColtsFan said:

 

Hypothetical.

 

The media releases the name.      The kid plummets in the draft.

 

Then the girl is found to either be lying,  or, she can't prove her case.      Or, he can prove his case to the satisfaction of law enforcement or a jury.

 

Then what?      The player has been damaged to the amount of millions of dollars.     Odds are she doesn't have that.      How he is to re-coup that loss?         

 

His name will be revealed perhaps by the end of the week, or maybe sometime next week.

 

This is not as cut and dry as it might appear.      Right now, he's only been accused,  he's not charged...

 

Happened to Collins just 2 years ago

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, OffensivelyPC said:

Even then, you don't see celebrities going unnamed in stories like this.  I haven't anyway.  I am just curious how this is even possible in the first place.  TMZ or one of those types of sites I would think could unearth that information.

It really depends on the station/paper/website and/or reporter breaking the story

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, NewColtsFan said:

 

Hypothetical.

 

The media releases the name.      The kid plummets in the draft.

 

Then the girl is found to either be lying,  or, she can't prove her case.      Or, he can prove his case to the satisfaction of law enforcement or a jury.

 

Then what?      The player has been damaged to the amount of millions of dollars.     Odds are she doesn't have that.      How he is to re-coup that loss?         

 

His name will be revealed perhaps by the end of the week, or maybe sometime next week.

 

This is not as cut and dry as it might appear.      Right now, he's only been accused,  he's not charged...

 

Unless it falls under malicious prosecution (that lawsuit would be against the police) or it turns out that she fabricated the story (lawsuit against her under defamation/slander) he woudln't really be able to do much.  Even if he could prove that she did lie, damages would be hard to assess because there's no actual proof he would have been drafted in the top 15 or whatever.  He'd recover some money, but i doubt it would be millions - and even if it were, its doubtful she'd ever pay the whole amount.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

 

Hypothetical.

 

The media releases the name.      The kid plummets in the draft.

 

Then the girl is found to either be lying,  or, she can't prove her case.      Or, he can prove his case to the satisfaction of law enforcement or a jury.

 

Then what?      The player has been damaged to the amount of millions of dollars.     Odds are she doesn't have that.      How he is to re-coup that loss?         

 

His name will be revealed perhaps by the end of the week, or maybe sometime next week.

 

This is not as cut and dry as it might appear.      Right now, he's only been accused,  he's not charged...

 

The name was just released

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Colts_Fan12 said:

Of course it's the guy I freaking wanted 

Me too

 

3 minutes ago, MPStack said:

Geez, now I have to change my Final Mock!

I know

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Between police charges, injuries and failed drug tests, we should be drafting the 2nd rounders in the 1st.  Good thing it WAS a deep draft.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's really sad in this day and age that you have to basically avoid everyone before the draft.  It's like if these guys dont' lock themselves in a room for 3 months, they face a threat these kinds of accusations.  Maybe he did it, maybe he didn't.  It sounds like a shaky accusation already.  But still, this kind of thing wouldn't happen if you basically stayed away from any activities and remained in private for 3 months - unreasonable to say the least.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Colts_Fan12 said:

Of course it's the guy I freaking wanted 

He's gonna drop a lot, now there's gonna be a lot of private investigators around Cleveland trying to figure out the whole situation, there's gonna be a team that is gonna gamble after the 4th (i'm seeing you KC).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, LockeDown said:

Between police charges, injuries and failed drug tests, we should be drafting the 2nd rounders in the 1st.  Good thing it WAS a deep draft.  

Agreed

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, OffensivelyPC said:

It's really sad in this day and age that you have to basically avoid everyone before the draft.  It's like if these guys dont' lock themselves in a room for 3 months, they face a threat these kinds of accusations.  Maybe he did it, maybe he didn't.  It sounds like a shaky accusation already.  But still, this kind of thing wouldn't happen if you basically stayed away from any activities and remained in private for 3 months - unreasonable to say the least.

Sad but true 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Jact.stark said:

He's gonna drop a lot, now there's gonna be a lot of private investigators around Cleveland trying to figure out the whole situation, there's gonna be a team that is gonna gamble after the 4th (i'm seeing you KC).

Please no

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ohio State CB Gareon Conley has been accused of rape by a Cleveland woman, but adamantly denies the allegations.

Conley's agent has called the claims "ludicrous and ridiculous," and says they were made out of spite. Taken to a local hospital following the alleged incident, the woman refused to speak with police. No charges have been filed, and Conley has yet to speak with police. Conley has been considered a sure-fire first-rounder, and perhaps even a top-10 pick. With so little time between now and Thursday, the incident will affect Conley's draft stock, regardless of whether or not it's true.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

At this point it looks like the rape kit will be the key factor.

 

Conley is not claiming that they had consensual sex.     He's claiming that did NOT have sex at all.

 

So if the rape kit contains his DNA,  then he's in big trouble.  

 

But if the rape kit does NOT contain his DNA,   then she's in big trouble for making a false report.

 

Will the answer be known before Thursday?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Colts_Fan12 said:

Story seems kind of stupid imo

Yeah, honestly, he could clear this up simply by taking a DNA swab, compare that to the rape kit and within a few hours, we'd know at least whether or not they had sex.  Hospital staff are required to do a rape kit anytime a female reports it, they will take photos, swabs of the region, even if there's no sign of sexual intercourse. The fact it's still pending with the police department is a cause for concern for his story.  This means they found something to send off for DNA and other tests, which can take 6 weeks or more. If they didnt find any bodily fluid, then the test would have been back already.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What's his major and his unassisted GPA?  What are his ACT and SAT scores?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, NewColtsFan said:

 

At this point it looks like the rape kit will be the key factor.

 

Conley is not claiming that they had consensual sex.     He's claiming that did NOT have sex at all.

 

So if the rape kit contains his DNA,  then he's in big trouble.  

 

But if the rape kit does NOT contain his DNA,   then she's in big trouble for making a false report.

 

Will the answer be known before Thursday?

 

depends solely on how much pressure is applied to the Medical examiner and what the case load is, but most likely, it wont be back before Thursday.  see my above post.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, NewColtsFan said:

 

At this point it looks like the rape kit will be the key factor.

 

Conley is not claiming that they had consensual sex.     He's claiming that did NOT have sex at all.

 

So if the rape kit contains his DNA,  then he's in big trouble.  

 

But if the rape kit does NOT contain his DNA,   then she's in big trouble for making a false report.

 

Will the answer be known before Thursday?

 

Depends on when the DNA preocess was started

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

 

At this point it looks like the rape kit will be the key factor.

 

Conley is not claiming that they had consensual sex.     He's claiming that did NOT have sex at all.

 

So if the rape kit contains his DNA,  then he's in big trouble.  

 

But if the rape kit does NOT contain his DNA,   then she's in big trouble for making a false report.

 

Will the answer be known before Thursday?

 

Definitely not in 2 days.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So I guess we know who it is.  

 

But the woman refused to speak to police? 

 

Honestly it sounds like a woman who's upset at him for something and has found a way to hurt him.

 

I mean think about it, if you don't speak with police and file a report then there is no crime you can be charged with for lying.  

 

But at the same time since you went to a hospital and made the allegation then that stuff is now out there right before the draft which might make him drop significantly.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, DougDew said:

What's his major and his unassisted GPA?  What are his ACT and SAT scores?

Because that is at all relevant.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Valpo2004 said:

So I guess we know who it is.  

 

But the woman refused to speak to police? 

 

Honestly it sounds like a woman who's upset at him for something and has found a way to hurt him.

 

I mean think about it, if you don't speak with police and file a report then there is no crime you can be charged with for lying.  

 

But at the same time since you went to a hospital and made the allegation then that stuff is now out there right before the draft which might make him drop significantly.

 

 

But we do not know if it is true

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

 

Hypothetical.

 

The media releases the name.      The kid plummets in the draft.

 

Then the girl is found to either be lying,  or, she can't prove her case.      Or, he can prove his case to the satisfaction of law enforcement or a jury.

 

Then what?      The player has been damaged to the amount of millions of dollars.     Odds are she doesn't have that.      How he is to re-coup that loss?         

 

His name will be revealed perhaps by the end of the week, or maybe sometime next week.

 

This is not as cut and dry as it might appear.      Right now, he's only been accused,  he's not charged...

 

 

You could ask McNary, although I really doubt it cost him millions.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is Collins all over again for better or for worse. There's no way this all gets cleared up in 2 days by the draft, so I think he goes undrafted. Then IF he gets cleared of the charges he'll get to pick what team he wants to go to.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Jact.stark said:

https://www.acs.org/content/acs/en/pressroom/presspacs/2010/acs-presspac-august-4-2010/fast-forensic-test-can-match-suspects-dna-with-crime-samples-in-four-hours.html

The accusation and rape kit were made on 9th April , 2 weeks and no charges , it seems that the average time for a DNA test it's around 72 hrs let's triple it , that's 9 days.

Not if there is not a sample to match

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

TMZ added more to their story. She got invited in, declined to hook up so was just chilling, his two friends told police she was just mad bc he kicked her out of the room (assuming bc she wouldn't give in). She called 911 and said her side but then refused to give an interview and just went home because she had been "stripped of her dignity in minutes". Hasn't pressed charges or anything since.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I am taking Lamp at 15 and calling it a day lmao. Luck would love the pick and I would too. Build that O.Line wall! It's a great pick like Kelly was and a safe pick. We can draft Defense Rounds 2-4 with Pass Rushers and CB's.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, bababooey said:

TMZ added more to their story. She got invited in, declined to hook up so was just chilling, his two friends told police she was just mad bc he kicked her out of the room (assuming bc she wouldn't give in). She called 911 and said her side but then refused to give an interview and just went home because she had been "stripped of her dignity in minutes". Hasn't pressed charges or anything since.

Wow

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This stuff happens every draft where just a few days before the draft, some big allegation is reported about a high draft pick. It's coming down to the need to have these athletes requiring a signed consent form to have sex or sex like acts before moving forward. If it's found true, he deserves to be dealt with by the law, if found to be false, the woman accusing rape needs severely punished equally. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

PFT reporting that the team that was going to select him in the first will pass on him if this is not resolved, which it most likely will not be due to Conley saying he will give an interview with police after the draft.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...