Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Gareon Conley accused of sexual assault (edit)

• Replies 401
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1 minute ago, jameszeigler834 said:

Well I guess we will find out in the coming weeks whether he did or didn't for sure he will slip out of the draft with that one Shawn Oakman last year did something like this right before the draft last year he went undrafted and nobody picked him up and nobody has heard of him since. so it is possible I guess that Conley did it too.

Still premature and we don`t know a lot of things involved in this case. However, this seriously affects his draft status. Oakman was not the prospect Conley is. I assume a lot of teams drafts boards are being somewhat rearranged now. Very unfortunate. 

8 minutes ago, jameszeigler834 said:

Well I guess we will find out in the coming weeks whether he did or didn't for sure he will slip out of the draft with that one Shawn Oakman last year did something like this right before the draft last year he went undrafted and nobody picked him up and nobody has heard of him since. so it is possible I guess that Conley did it too.

Shawn oakman was a bum. Only thing he had going for him was size + weight. 

Just now, OffensivelyPC said:

It's from the movie The Replacements lol.  If you haven't seen it, you need to.  One of the funniest football movies ever made IMO.  It's basically the Bad News Bears meets the NFL while it's on strike.

I`m Bloody Welsh!

32 minutes ago, DougDew said:

Did Bill Cosby or Brock Turner's colleges lie about how smart they were just to get them enrolled and keep them qualified?  I wasn't aware of that.

Even if Conley didn't rape or even have sex with the girl, the events leading up to the climax (or not) are troubling enough.  I guess that's why several GMs are "questioning is judgment" (you know, that's just a PC way of saying they think he's dumb)

Conley, sex; Foster, drugs; and Brantley, violence.  In the past month, we've experienced a trifecta in non-college-material "college students" displaying the extremely low aptitude of not being able to control some of the most primitive urges during a short time when it is THE most important time for their future.

If they can't control them now, when can they?  At least Mixon's urge-control problem is three years old when he was quite young.  It takes a certain amount of intelligence for a person to understand their situation and a level of discipline to control their urges.  Generally, a level of both are required to be a successful independent college student. 

1.- Can you prove any colleges lying about current students to get them enrolled?

2.  Can you show a correlation to student athlete's committing more crimes than the, in your opinion, more qualified non athlete's?  

I'll be holding my breath

1 minute ago, jvan1973 said:

I assume you were never a teenager?

I assume they a warned of this sort of thing over and over again. I`m briefed on it annually just to keep America safe. We were all teenagers at one time, which Conley is not. Also, I stand by my comments.

1 minute ago, MPStack said:

I assume they a warned of this sort of thing over and over again. I`m briefed on it annually just to keep America safe. We were all teenagers at one time, which Conley is not. Also, I stand by my comments.

I doubt anyone cares if the general public feels sorry for them.    Lots of people are accused of lots of terrible things everyday,  It doesn't make them guilty of a crime

1 minute ago, jvan1973 said:

I doubt anyone cares if the general public feels sorry for them.    Lots of people are accused of lots of terrible things everyday,  It doesn't make them guilty of a crime

I don`t think anyone here says he`s guilty, but he`s a suspect. Like I said before, maybe he did, maybe he didn`t. But it shows poor decision making on his part that will cost him in some way. 

2 minutes ago, MPStack said:

I don`t think anyone here says he`s guilty, but he`s a suspect. Like I said before, maybe he did, maybe he didn`t. But it shows poor decision making on his part that will cost him in some way. 

No matter what happens his career will have a red mark because of this

10 minutes ago, MPStack said:

I'm pretty sure all of our decision making at that age was poor.   Most of us didn't have everyone wanting to be our buddy or girlfriend either.   I don't know if the kid is guilty or not,  but if it turns out his biggest mistake was asking a coed back to his room,  then I think most have been there

Just now, jvan1973 said:

I'm pretty sure all of our decision making at that age was poor.   Most of us didn't have everyone wanting to be our buddy or girlfriend either.   I don't know if the kid is guilty or not,  but if it turns out his biggest mistake was asking a coed back to his room,  then I think most have been there

Agreed and sometimes poor decisions get youngsters into big trouble. 

1 hour ago, jvan1973 said:

1.- Can you prove any colleges lying about current students to get them enrolled?

2.  Can you show a correlation to student athlete's committing more crimes than the, in your opinion, more qualified non athlete's?  

I'll be holding my breath

Me?  A guy on the internet proving fraud at Ohio State and Alabama?  I'm not filing a lawsuit.  I'm just forming an opinion.

I was saying I think there is a correlation between people who react on more primal urges being criminals than those who don't.  And that tends to correlate with self discipline and situational awareness.   If a person can't control those urges to a point to where they go so far as to commit a crime, it tends to go against what it takes to be a successful student...yet the college tells us they are.

6 minutes ago, DougDew said:

Me?  A guy on the internet proving fraud at Ohio State and Alabama?  I'm not filing a lawsuit.  I'm just forming an opinion.

I was saying I think there is a correlation between people who react on more primal urges being criminals than those who don't.  And that tends to correlate between self discipline and situational awareness.   If a person can't control those urges to a point to where they go so far as to commit a crime, it tends to go against what it takes to be a successful student...yet the college tells us they are.

You realize the non athletic scholarship players commit crimes at a lower percentage than athletic scholarship players,  Right?

13 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

You realize the non athletic scholarship players commit crimes at a lower percentage than athletic scholarship players,  Right?

I never compared nonathletes to athletes.  I'm comparing athletes of today to athletes of yesterday.  

As I said in the other thread, I don't want to pursue why so many non-college-material kids are being accepted into colleges today than yesterday since it changes the subject to more social issues. 

3 hours ago, Malakai432 said:

Sounds a little odd to me.  So this Brooke woman just decided to go ditch her friends and go hang around some random guy she met in an elavator??  Stuff like this ticks me off on both ends, why would this woman be so stupid and why would Conley even attempt to do something so stupid days before the draft??  The whole situation just sounds flat out odd. 

Thanks for posting the PR!

Did he really do something so stupid?  A young man invited a woman to his room.  Get the pitchforks!

5 hours ago, Defjamz26 said:

This is Collins all over again for better or for worse. There's no way this all gets cleared up in 2 days by the draft, so I think he goes undrafted. Then IF he gets cleared of the charges he'll get to pick what team he wants to go to.

Because of Collins, someone will pull the trigger on him, he will not become UDFA.  Thing is, what round does one push the rest of the chips in and throw the dice?

I predict at least one, maybe 2 more stories out about a top draft pick before the draft.  Either poor medical recheck or more  legal trouble..  We're not done here, me thinks.  And I got wind that if average fans had full medicals on all of these draft picks, their mocks would change around.... a lot.

1 minute ago, ColtsBlueFL said:

Because of Collins, someone will pull the trigger on him, he will not become UDFA.  Thing is, what round does one push the rest of the chips in and throw the dice?

I predict at least one, maybe 2 more stories out about a top draft pick before the draft.  Either poor medical recheck or more  legal trouble..  We're not done here, me thinks.  And I got wind that if average fans had full medicals on all of these draft picks, their mocks would change around.... a lot.

Agreed

1 hour ago, jvan1973 said:

Not sure about you,  but lots of good things happened in my youth after midnight.   I just can't stay up that late anymore

Damn near every great story I have came after midnight.  But the wearing of the halo is all the rage online.

28 minutes ago, DougDew said:

I never compared nonathletes to athletes.  I'm comparing athletes of today to athletes of yesterday.  

As I said in the other thread, I don't want to pursue why so many non-college-material kids are being accepted into colleges today than yesterday since it changes the subject to more social issues. 

What college did you not get into and blamed a scholarship athlete?

And if you have a problem with today's college athlete's,  You really don't want to dig into the transgressions of athlete's from the past.

You are trying to make an argument for which you have no statistics.  That's called an opinion based on nothing

30 minutes ago, DougDew said:

Why what social issues do you mean my friend?  We know where you're going with this stuff.  Comical

17 minutes ago, BOTT said:

Did he really do something so stupid?  A young man invited a woman to his room.  Get the pitchforks!

Yeah, look where it got him haha .  Smart move!  Yeah I meet random young women on elevators all the time and invite them to my hotel room................

Pretty skanky..

Edited by Malakai432

2 minutes ago, Malakai432 said:

Yeah, look where it got him haha .  Smart move!  Yeah I meet random young women on elevators all the time and invite them to my hotel room................

You aren't a famous, about to be rich person.   At least not to my knowledge

And in my younger days,  I invited a  coed or two back to my room.   Usually unsuccessfully

2 minutes ago, Malakai432 said:

Pretty skanky..

You would if you could lol

1 minute ago, Malakai432 said:

I do too, but I'm not 6 foot tall and not athletic so they usually say no...

Just now, twfish said:

I do too, but I'm not 6 foot tall and not athletic so they usually say no...

Well try to look better and they will bite on it more often.  You know what's even better is to meet women in an elevator and take them back to your room where your other buddies are at also hooking up with other chicks!!!  Why just a blast to have foursomes with both male and female companions in a hotel room!  You should try it.

19 minutes ago, ColtsBlueFL said:

If his agent/lawyer are so sure about the allegation they are gonna ask what Collins asked 1 year ago, draft me at worst at day 2, if not i'm going to take 1 year, then as he went UFA, he chose his team and he is gonna make more than 3rds.

1 minute ago, Malakai432 said:

Well try to look better and they will bite on it more often.  You know what's even better is to meet women in an elevator and take them back to your room where your other buddies are at also hooking up with other chicks!!!  Why just a blast to have foursomes with both male and female companions in a hotel room!  You should try it.

Man that's really a messed up thing too do on a side note.... but to each thete own i guess?