Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Gareon Conley accused of sexual assault (edit)

• Replies 401
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just as reliable as this chick. Is she the bastion of truth and fact? Or a liar trying to ruin a young kids dream, career, and life ???? Witnesses saying he did nothing, she wouldn't talk to the cops, he hasn't been arrested, etc.

Actually she may need to go out with John Higgins. The referee from the UK-UNC Elite 8 game to see which one can cheat and screw over some kids first

9 minutes ago, COLTS449 said:

That ESPN article isn't really the facts.  The TMZ seems more factual since it references a police report.

The ESPN article says she didn't go to the police.  Who filed the police report that TMZ referenced?

I don't know what the facts are, but the ESPN article is vague and watered-down, IMO.

worst part about everything is that conley stock might drop strictly just off the accusation.. it's been reported that only the eagles have reached out to request the police report no other team has done the same.... great talent hope it's not true and that justice gets served! still stand by if not true she should get a max sentence or whatever gareon would of got if found guilty

Just now, DougDew said:

That ESPN article isn't really the facts.  The TMZ seems more factual since it references a police report.

The ESPN article says she didn't go to the police.  Who filed the police report that TMZ referenced?

I don't know what the facts are, but the ESPN article is vague and watered-down, IMO.

Well there were witnesses who said he didn't do it. People wo didn't even know him including a woman. This accuser we'll call her didn't even want to talk to the cops. He hasn't been arrested. This happens 3-4 days before the draft. He's never been in any trouble before. It just points to a setup. I'd bet my house that Conley is innocent here. That's how strongly I believe he's 100% innocent.

1 minute ago, MarquisJ said:

worst part about everything is that conley stock might drop strictly just off the accusation.. it's been reported that only the eagles have reached out to request the police report no other team has done the same.... great talent hope it's not true and that justice gets served! still stand by if not true she should get a max sentence or whatever gareon would of got if found guilty

But she wont.

13 minutes ago, COLTS449 said:

Just as reliable as this chick. Is she the bastion of truth and fact? Or a liar trying to ruin a young kids dream, career, and life ???? Witnesses saying he did nothing, she wouldn't talk to the cops, he hasn't been arrested, etc.

Actually she may need to go out with John Higgins. The referee from the UK-UNC Elite 8 game to see which one can cheat and screw over some kids first

I have never met the woman.  Have you?

6 minutes ago, COLTS449 said:

Well there were witnesses who said he didn't do it. People wo didn't even know him including a woman. This accuser we'll call her didn't even want to talk to the cops. He hasn't been arrested. This happens 3-4 days before the draft. He's never been in any trouble before. It just points to a setup. I'd bet my house that Conley is innocent here. That's how strongly I believe he's 100% innocent.

It happened April 9th

31 minutes ago, COLTS449 said:

Apparently she did want to talk to the cops because there is a police report filed.

Its a parsing of words in a legal sense, but nobody can ever positively say that two people were alone together, because then the witness to that would make three people and the two wouldn't be alone.  From a legal sense, saying the two were never alone together is an unverifiable statement.

The only way anybody can positively know that Conley wasn't alone with her is if they say Conley or her "were never out of our sight at the same time".  They didn't say that, according to the reports.  But the reports may simply be written loosely.

14 minutes ago, COLTS449 said:

At this moment.....The facts strongly point to him being 100% innocent. I mean when you have freaking witnesses that don't even know you?????

So Conley is in a hotel room with three people he doesn't know?  How does that happen?

14 hours ago, NFLfan said:

Could Collins have been eligible for the supplemental draft?

Nope. He and his agents tried that a day or two before the draft, and the NFL said no. The supplemental draft is for draft eligible collegiate players who lose their eligibility or standing at some point after the draft. 

The allegations against me concerning the night of April 8/9 that have recently been reported in multiple media outlets are completely false. I did not commit a crime and have not been charged with a crime.

I pride myself on doing things the right way on and off the field. The things being said about me and what happened that night are not true and don't fit my character at all. I realize that I put myself in the situation and I could have used better judgement. However, I have worked tirelessly to put myself in position to have the honor of being an NFL draft pick and these untrue allegations are putting a huge cloud over my name and the NFL draft.

These allegations appear to be an attempt to ruin this once in a lifetime experience for me and my family. There were several witnesses, including another female, who were present the entire time and have given statements that give an accurate account of what took place. We also have video evidence that further discredit and disprove other versions of these events. I am upset but realize that I am powerless when false accusations are made and people try to convict you in the court of public opinion. It's sad that your name can get dragged through the mud based upon untrue and malicious allegations alone.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000802776/article/gareon-conley-rape-accusation-against-me-completely-false

7 minutes ago, krunk said:

The allegations against me concerning the night of April 8/9 that have recently been reported in multiple media outlets are completely false. I did not commit a crime and have not been charged with a crime.

I pride myself on doing things the right way on and off the field. The things being said about me and what happened that night are not true and don't fit my character at all. I realize that I put myself in the situation and I could have used better judgement. However, I have worked tirelessly to put myself in position to have the honor of being an NFL draft pick and these untrue allegations are putting a huge cloud over my name and the NFL draft.

These allegations appear to be an attempt to ruin this once in a lifetime experience for me and my family. There were several witnesses, including another female, who were present the entire time and have given statements that give an accurate account of what took place. We also have video evidence that further discredit and disprove other versions of these events. I am upset but realize that I am powerless when false accusations are made and people try to convict you in the court of public opinion. It's sad that your name can get dragged through the mud based upon untrue and malicious allegations alone.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000802776/article/gareon-conley-rape-accusation-against-me-completely-false

And now a video. LOL. what a joke. Like I said. This "chick" needs to hook up with John Higgins (referee from the UK-UNC elite 8 game) Then they can see which one can screw over kids first. All the evidence thus far is so much in his favor it shouldn't even be an issue. Nothing will ever come of this and women like this will continue to try and ruin a kids dream, and life in general.

And like I said in another post. In my home town about 2 years ago. There was this skanky 18 year old girl who was a SR in HS.. She slept with 5-6 guys I went to school with consensually!!!!! They were around 25-26 at that time. Her dad finds out approx. a month later. Well then its rape. These INNOCENT guys get their names and reputation ruined. Then it goes to court and the truth comes out. She was just a little ___ that didn't care to try and ruin 5-6 guys life. Well now she's know for what she is, and the guys are finally getting their good reputations back. SORRY.

19 minutes ago, krunk said:

this is why (in these instances IF the allegations are proven to be false and frivolous) that false reporting of a rape should carry a penalty equal to that of an actual rape. They can totally destroy someone.

22 minutes ago, krunk said:

If there is video proof,  then the teams have reviewed it.   He may get drafted after all.  We will find out soon enough

8 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

If there is video proof,  then the teams have reviewed it.   He may get drafted after all.  We will find out soon enough

Exactly my thought. Even if he's truthful, he still might fall somewhat due to PR hastle the situation of drafting him might require.

12 minutes ago, chad72 said:

He just lost millions of dollars (that he could make up later but not just now) due to a lapse in judgement.

Thing is, I hardly think Conley is the only 21-22 year old former collegiate athlete hooking up with random people in a hotel. I hardly think this is the first time he was in that position. 

So to whatever extent it's a lapse in judgment -- and I think it's more an acceptable behavior, as long as it doesn't lead to trouble, than a lapse in judgment -- it's not unique to him. It's definitely not smart, in his position, but I'm not going to get on my soapbox and shame him for his "activities." 

This is all under the assumption that he's telling the truth. I really do not want to give the impression that I think his word is more valid than his accuser's. Like I said, this incident happened on 4/9, and she went to the police that day (not right before the draft). They evidently did a rape kit at the hospital that day, or shortly thereafter. He claims they didn't have any sexual contact. If that rape kit proves him to be a liar, he's toast. Forget about the NFL, he's facing 3-11 years in prison, per Florio.

Or, it could basically vindicate him. How long does a rape kit take?

The real lapse in judgment would be saying he had no sexual contact with a woman that was accusing him of raping her, if he actually did have sexual contact with her. If that were the case, his credibility is shot to the depths...

The point is that contrary to what @COLTS449 would have you believe, we still don't have the facts of the incident. The police are still gathering information and going through due process. Innocent people say they're innocent, and guilty people say they're innocent (see Greg Hardy).

Regardless of what it "looks" like the case is (set up, axe to grind, etc...) we don't know what the truth is and it's wrong to act as such.

5 minutes ago, Superman said:

The real lapse in judgment would be saying he had no sexual contact with a woman that was accusing him of raping her, if he actually did have sexual contact with her. If that were the case, his credibility is shot to the depths...

I see a Kobe Bryant rape case potential. If the rape kit says he did have sexual contact, he is going to plead "mutual consent" and the saga will go on. Like you said, his credibility would be shot to the depths and will cost him, NFL wise, but he may be able to avoid serious prison time with a settlement.

4 minutes ago, Superman said:

Or, it could basically vindicate him. How long does a rape kit take?

Weeks and months, depending on the testing agencies workload.  In high profile cases, days.  I don't know what kind of clout Conley has, but he's going to want to use every inch of it to get cleared by the kit before tomorrow.  

So what exactly are the facts, by all reasonable reports? 

She says they met on an elevator.  Supposedly, in that short time she decided to join him in his hotel room.  When there, he invites her to do it in the bathroom with another couple.  She says no to the act, but wants to watch the couple do it.  Othrs seem to say that they were on the bed together.

Conley says that he didn't "commit a crime", but doesn't really discuss her's and other's statements point by point, which I think he should do if they aren't true.

My only thing is why didn't he say "I did not have sex with this woman" or something very similar to that.  If he had sex with her they'll probably keep this thing dragged out for a while.  My gut is telling me they had sex, but probably not a rape.  Who knows?

18 minutes ago, krunk said:

My only thing is why didn't he say "I did not have sex with this woman" or something very similar to that.  If he had sex with her they'll probably keep this thing dragged out for a while.  My gut is telling me they had sex, but probably not a rape.  Who knows?

True. I still don't think he gets drafted. By drafting him you're essentially saying you're on his side instead of remaining neutral. That's why teams didn't draft Collins.

18 minutes ago, Superman said:

That would be very dumb of him. 

Why?  If he didn't ask her into the bathroom or wasn't lying on the bed why not say so?

What he's saying thus far is that he didn't commit a crime, which tends to imply something happened, maybe even a disagreement over sex, but whatever happened didn't elevate to criminal level.  It seems very weak.