Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Peyton To Sf Is Our Best Bet

manning2dallas

Look, we all know Peyton's time here is up -- as hard as it is to say. After looking at things, I think SF makes the most sense. The ONLY piece they are missing is a legit QB....they'll push hard for Peyton.

Now, I think Jim Harbaugh likes his picks so it's easier to imagine players traded. With the emergence of NaVorro Bowman this year, I could see the niners viewing Pat Willis as expendable. So I think they would be willing to part ways with Willis, an aging Frank Gore, and their rookie Aldon Smith to make the deal fair.

Manning + Reggie for Aldon Smith, Patrick Willis, and Franke Gore?

I could definitely see this happening. It almost makes TOO MUCH sense. Thoughts??

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

A trade is not possible. The Colts would have to pay Manning the $28 mil. and then trade him, that would cause a tremendous cap hit. The only other way is for Manning to push back the date for the $28 mil. and then trade him. I do not see why he would do that since all that would do is to weaken his future team.

peyton do what you have to, just go to the nfc

it would be a crying shame if he signed within the division (favre cough)

My thoughts are if Peyton gets released I want him to go where ever he wants, If it's in the division so be it. Wishing him well what ever the decision is. This is no way the same as Favre because he didn't say he wanted to retire as of yet he says he wants to play.

Look, we all know Peyton's time here is up -- as hard as it is to say. After looking at things, I think SF makes the most sense. The ONLY piece they are missing is a legit QB....they'll push hard for Peyton.

Now, I think Jim Harbaugh likes his picks so it's easier to imagine players traded. With the emergence of NaVorro Bowman this year, I could see the niners viewing Pat Willis as expendable. So I think they would be willing to part ways with Willis, an aging Frank Gore, and their rookie Aldon Smith to make the deal fair.

I could definitely see this happening. It almost makes TOO MUCH sense. Thoughts??

this is nonsense

Wayne is a free agent. Manning would have to be resigned before any trade The mechanics and logistics just isn't feasible for this scenario.

Only going to happen if you thrown in Donald Brown :rock: Or we could Trade Manning+Wayne+Mathis+Gonzales+Diem+Saturday+Tarik Glenn+Glen Beck+Anderson Cooper+Ted Coppell+a box of Wheaties Fuel for Smith, Wilis and Gore, now thats a fair deal. I am willing to throw in the right to Charlie Johnson :sun:

Please at least propose trades that has our players under contract, can't trade what isn't yours anymore and Wayne is a FA now.

I think Peyton ends up in Arizona. Small market team, he would not be comfortable in a big-market environment. Nobody will trade for Peyton, because it makes no sense for the Colts to resign him and trade him. If this were MLB, it would be different. But the NFL ain't MLB.

Peyton will be too stubborn to renegotiate his massive contract...don't you guys see this? We will trade him and take the cap hit in a rebuilding year.

Forgot Wayne was a free agent. Still, we could trade Manning and say, Austin Collie, and SF would still be getting a STEAL by trading just Willis, Gore, and Aldon Smith. You don't exactly have shots at franchise QBs like this too often. Heck, I think we could maybe even squeeze OT Joe Staley out of the deal too.

No, you think Peytons time is up here. Dont speak for me or others.

Peyton will be too stubborn to renegotiate his massive contract...don't you guys see this? We will trade him and take the cap hit in a rebuilding year.

Forgot Wayne was a free agent. Still, we could trade Manning and say, Austin Collie, and SF would still be getting a STEAL by trading just Willis, Gore, and Aldon Smith. You don't exactly have shots at franchise QBs like this too often. Heck, I think we could maybe even squeeze OT Joe Staley out of the deal too.

we would have to pay him the $28 million bonus before we would be allowed by league rules to trade him... we will not trade Peyton, dont you see that? sheesh. If we dont pay the bonus, we not only save the entire $28million, but also save nearly another $7million from the salary cap....so by trading him, not only would we not have Peyton, but we would have another $35million dollars on the books! Your plan makes no sense.

I agree with others that if we let him go, he would likely end up in Arizona. They play in a dome, have good WRs a good TE, good RB, good O-Line and a pretty good D... and since they finished 8-8 last year, it wouldnt look as much like he was just jumping aboard for an easy ring like it would if he went to the 49ers

Seriously I cant wait for all these PEYTON fans jump ship to where he plays. Yes he has been *** awesome for the city and our team but football is a team sport, if peyton leaves then he leaves. If he stays awesome lets try to win another superbowl for him and the city, but if we do divorce then I wish him the best of luck (no pun intended) and I hope we play him a few times and beat him. I am a colts fan not a peyton fan.

I think Peyton ends up in Arizona. Small market team, he would not be comfortable in a big-market environment. Nobody will trade for Peyton, because it makes no sense for the Colts to resign him and trade him. If this were MLB, it would be different. But the NFL ain't MLB.

I think thats a real possibility. Bring Reggie in also and beef up the O line alittle and you have a scary team. Probably need a tight end also so maybe Clark. Cant imagine how scary that offense would be with Fittzgerald. Its an indoor stadium in a weak div. Except for SF. If he wants a shot at a SB he has to leave Indy. I knew 6 years ago that our team was not in good shape with Dungy and Pollian. I do think we are going in the right direction now. Its a shame for Peyton. Im rooting for him wherever he goes. Hopefully he comes here to AZ

You should step up and buy the team and then pull the trigger on this deal.

Would it be possible to trade him for the Optimus Prime and Starscream, maybe also throw in the Cookie Monster? I'm not sure I'd those guys are available unfortunately.

Cookie Monster is having some prediabetes symptoms making him a bit of a risk but Super Grover is a free agent and that guy can positively fly! With Starscream and Super Grover we could call the offense "Airians"

Seriously I cant wait for all these PEYTON fans jump ship to where he plays. Yes he has been *** awesome for the city and our team but football is a team sport, if peyton leaves then he leaves. If he stays awesome lets try to win another superbowl for him and the city, but if we do divorce then I wish him the best of luck (no pun intended) and I hope we play him a few times and beat him. I am a colts fan not a peyton fan.

What a ridiculous statement. Why are people like you always trying to define what and who a fan is? I get it, your not able to multi task. Some of us can be loyal to both the team and certian players that only come around once in a life time. Who would sit around and wait for Peytons fans to jump ship, and why get excited over it? What do you get out of it? Does that make you feel good about yourself? You might try drinking instead.

Would it be possible to trade him for the Optimus Prime and Starscream, maybe also throw in the Cookie Monster? I'm not sure I'd those guys are available unfortunately.

Possibility of that trade is about the same as any other. Except the trade for Prince Fielder. At least he could have started at nose tackle for us.

What irks me about this thread is the title. Why would Peyton to anywhere be "our best bet"?

A. I don't think it's anything close to certain his time is up here.

B. Trading him is an almost finacial impossibility

C. I don't think San Fran would be interested despite media buzz suggesting otherwise. They did just go to the NFCCG with Alex Smith.

what people dont understand is that peyton is basically a free agent. the only difference is we got first dibs in resigning him. trading him is not an option because if we pay him 28 m and then trade him then we just threw 28 m down the drain.

what people dont understand is that peyton is basically a free agent. the only difference is we got first dibs in resigning him. trading him is not an option because if we pay him 28 m and then trade him then we just threw 28 m down the drain.

I agree. It's childish thinking that this won't end up about money. It was too bad the Irsay had to spout off about making Manning the highest paid player. He comes away with egg on his face, because in the end he won't pay Manning and Manning will finish his career elsewhere.

How do you think fans would like it if Peyton wins two SB elsewhere?

Not only that, I think his bonus money get accelerated which puts us into the "this scenario cannot happen and must be prevented at all costs" of 38 mil in dead cap space.

I think SF will give Alex Smith atleast another year. He's shown good upside and is probably cheap at this point.

Well, it will be interesting to see what giving him a second year in an offense (for the first time in his career I might add) will do. If they wanted to get rid of him they had a perfect chance to do so last year. If they kept him around after that, I don't see them parting ways after taking them to the NFCCG.

A. I don't think it's anything close to certain his time is up here.

B. Trading him is an almost finacial impossibility

C. I don't think San Fran would be interested despite media buzz suggesting otherwise. They did just go to the NFCCG with Alex Smith.

Wow where did this come from???

I like A.

Wow where did this come from???

I like A.

Check my post history, that's always been my stance. I'm just not willing to say the issue is resolved and that if we do pick up Manning's option we have to be sure he can play.

That's all. I'm hoping Manning comes back, just not at the expense of 38 mil in dead cap space.

Check my post history, that's always been my stance. I'm just not willing to say the issue is resolved and that if we do pick up Manning's option we have to be sure he can play.

That's all. I'm hoping Manning comes back, just not at the expense of 38 mil in dead cap space.

I can agree to this...