Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

David Parry Arrested in Arizona (Merge)

bababooey

9 minutes ago, BullsColtsFan1 said:

3 DUI's?  That's nothing compared to this guy? 23? 23 DUI's! haha My question is how is he not in Prison for life?

http://www.nbc26.com/news/national/man-charged-with-his-23rd-dui-gets-20-years-in-prison

He actually ended up doing 2 weeks in jail and lost his license for 2 years. He also got a crap load of community service, I think it was around 160 hours if I remember right - that is a months worth of picking up trash for the city haha. He also was put on probation for a year. You have to remember it's only a felony if you get 2 within a 5 year period in Indiana. 1 of his 3 came outside of that 5 year period which basically is still a Class D Felony. I didn't ask him but my guess is he got that reduced to a Class A Misdemeanor which normally you wont do jail time on a Misdemeanor. Because he had 3, he got the 2 weeks is my guess based on his prior's. He was a good friend of mine years ago and told what was going on with his situation but not someone I hung around a lot.

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

8 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

He actually ended up doing 2 weeks in jail and lost his license for 2 years. He also got a crap load of community service, I think it was around 160 hours if I remember right - that is a months worth of picking up trash for the city haha. He also was put on probation for a year. You have to remember it's only a felony if you get 2 within a 5 year period in Indiana. 1 of his 3 came outside of that 5 year period which basically is still a Class D Felony. I didn't ask him but my guess is he got that reduced to a Class A Misdemeanor which normally you wont do jail time on a Misdemeanor. Because he had 3, he got the 2 weeks is my guess based on his prior's. He was a good friend of mine years ago and told what was going on with his situation but not someone I hung around a lot.

I totally see where you're coming from!  I have a couple of buddies who have gotten 2 DUI's but not 3.  I am pretty sure in Illinois once you get your 3rd or 4th you automatically serve prison time.  Then everyone after that as well.  If I remember right anyways.  2 or 3 is a lot but I can't imagine 23.  I don't understand how that man who has had 23 DUI's isn't in prison. 

11 minutes ago, BullsColtsFan1 said:

I totally see where you're coming from!  I have a couple of buddies who have gotten 2 DUI's but not 3.  I am pretty sure in Illinois once you get your 3rd or 4th you automatically serve prison time.  Then everyone after that as well.  If I remember right anyways.  2 or 3 is a lot but I can't imagine 23.  I don't understand how that man who has had 23 DUI's isn't in prison. 

Me either, 23 haha. That has to be a world record. In some situations if someone gets a great lawyer and has 2 or 3 DUI's they can get it reduced to a Class A Misdemeanor as long as nobody was injured in the incident and not do any jail time. Normally though when that happens the person usually agrees to a ton of Community Service and Probation. One of my best friends who I do hang out with and have known for 20 years, his parents are lawyers and he works for them so I know these things, if you were wondering how I knew about the law. I also took a couple of Law classes at IUPUI years ago. Those were fun classes. The Law is very interesting, sometimes fair, sometimes not, and sometimes it makes no sense.

22 hours ago, DougDew said:

It certainly can be dangerous to drive anything while drunk.  It can be dangerous to walk around drunk in public, or to get stoned on pot in your house then leave the house while still stoned.  And tax evasion is less serious than murder.  Its all relative.  

But its hard to have a serious discussion of any morals or potential punishment when people unfairly imply that someone has a mental condition equal to a "phobia" just because they use certain words.  But welcome to thought bullying in the modern decade.

Battery can tak

Dude 

This is simply a young man who had to much to drink & made several mistakes period .

Been there done that as I believe many on these boards are less than perfect as well & as youngsters we all make mistakes .

When I realized i had a problem & did'nt like the view from the crow bar hotel I on my release found help & that was with others who like me were less than perfect . 

David Parry is no Aaron Hernandez so I don't get your murder comment .

It had nothing to do with tax evasion .

And it had nothing to do with drugs so I don't understand that comment either .However I believe had he smoked something he most likely woulda wanted a twinkie & maybe the only thing he woulda took was a nap ,,

Morals & Mental condition ???  

Thought Bullying ???  

Your post does'nt really make sense . 

1 hour ago, ÅÐØNϧ 1 said:

Dude 

This is simply a young man who had to much to drink & made several mistakes period .

Been there done that as I believe many on these boards are less than perfect as well & as youngsters we all make mistakes .

When I realized i had a problem & did'nt like the view from the crow bar hotel I on my release found help & that was with others who like me were less than perfect . 

And it had nothing to do with drugs so I don't understand that comment either .However I believe had he smoked something he most likely woulda wanted a twinkie & maybe the only thing he woulda took was a nap ,,

Thought Bullying ???  

Ok nevermind.  I'm glad you overcame your issues.  I understand there is no cure, but if the behavior stops that's what counts mostly.

I thought you were saying Parry was toast.  I would think that if we all used reason, the crimes are probably less socially deviant than most crimes that are funneled into the charges of theft, battery, and dui.

What the Sam hell?!? How can a Stanford grad and professional football player do stupid crap like that and why?!? Pretty sure you're paid enough not to rob people and or get a damn uber. I'm really mind boggled by stupidity at times

1 hour ago, NewEra said:

What the Sam hell?!? How can a Stanford grad and professional football player do stupid crap like that and why?!? Pretty sure you're paid enough not to rob people and or get a damn uber. I'm really mind boggled by stupidity at times

He didn't ROB anyone.     That charge is going to get dropped.....

He took an oversized golf cart and went on a joy ride that likely lasted less than a minute before he crashed it into a fence.

This is what happens when you get drunk off your rear end.

It's stupid stuff.      Think "joy ride" and not "criminal mastermind"....

On 3/1/2017 at 3:29 AM, csmopar said:

Guarantee half of those charges go away in a plea deal, if not 5 of them. 

Thank you.

Thank FLIPPING you!!      

I iknow it's the off-season and we're all looking for things to talk about,  but this is much ado about very little.

6 hours ago, Horse Shoe Heaven said:

The guy got drunk, disappointing, did some stupid stuff more disappointing, real stupid stuff crazy stuff. A hum moment. Is he young yes, does he do this kind of stuff often or have a past history of it? Is he a good player, yes, has he been a model Colt, I think so. IMO chalk it up to a young dumb moment, we of a certain age may have had a few! Put it behind you take care of the ramifications of it, and be a better person moving forward!! Does he get cut for this I think no, and I certainly hope not, do you monitor him and his personal progress certainly yes.  

Thank you for taking an unpopular stance..........

Much appreciated.       Young and dumb and under the influence.

He'll write several large checks....    he give a public apology or two....   he might spend a week behind bars....    this clearly goes on his record,  no way out of that....    but then it's behind him and life goes on....  and we move forward.

I don't see Parry getting cut for this.

I don't pretend to be an expert in these matters,  but this just doesn't seem like that big a deal.

3 hours ago, ÅÐØNϧ 1 said:

Dude 

Thought Bullying ???  

Thanks for sharing.    Good post.     Quality post.    And good for you for turning things around in your life.   Never easy to do and always impressive to me!      Mad props to you!

Appreciate your post.       :thmup:

3 minutes ago, NewColtsFan said:

Thank you for taking an unpopular stance..........

Much appreciated.       Young and dumb and under the influence.

He'll write several large checks....    he give a public apology or two....   he might spend a week behind bars....    this clearly goes on his record,  no way out of that....    but then it's behind him and life goes on....  and we move forward.

I don't see Parry getting cut for this.

I don't pretend to be an expert in these matters,  but this just doesn't seem like that big a deal.

Yeah stupid, very stupid but I agree not a huge deal.  It's not like he Revis'd some people. 

I'd like to take a moment to make one thing very clear about David Parry.....

I am not defending him because he's a Stanford guy.       I don't know if anyone here remembers,  but I was not in favor of the Colts drafting him.     Didn't think he'd be a scheme fit for what we do,   and I personally don't like small, undersized NT's --- even Stanford kids.       Plus,  if Parry is going to be on my team,  he's going to be a quality back-up and NOT the starter on the nose.     But that's just my personal preference.

But I defend Parry because having looked at the details this strikes me as young, dumb and drunk joy ride that went a bit too far.      I don't think this is an offense that should get him cut.      I think he has to make a publicized and public apology to all parties including police.     I think he has to write checks to (1) the cart driver he is said to have punched,  (B) the guy who owned the cart he drove and (C) the person who owned the gate that he smashed into.     He may have to spend a few days in a local jail and he might even have to do 30 days of alcohol rehab.     But that strikes me as the basics and I don't think it has to end with Parry getting cut.

These kind of things happen to young NFL players.    I just don't think it's the kind of thing where this ends with the Colts cutting Parry.

Just my two cents.......

9 hours ago, NewColtsFan said:

He didn't ROB anyone.     That charge is going to get dropped.....

He took an oversized golf cart and went on a joy ride that likely lasted less than a minute before he crashed it into a fence.

This is what happens when you get drunk off your rear end.

It's stupid stuff.      Think "joy ride" and not "criminal mastermind"....

Okay thank you for clarifying that. I was seriously like wth man?!? Lol

18 hours ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

I was surprised the article was not about Lawrence Phillips.

10 minutes ago, GusBus24 said:

Colts need to just drop this guy now!

NFL's David Parry Charged In Golf Cart Attack ... Faces Serious Prison Time http://dlvr.it/NYy5CX

There will be a plea deal...   Fines will be paid...    Parry might even do a short stint in Jail...   very short...    but this will get negotiated down to a fraction of what we see now...

And this will go away.....     there's no need to cut Parry.....   yet.

I'm going to pray for some of you. Your comments are absurd. Like any of you are blame-free of sin or telling lies. We all make 

mistake. Thing is to correct them and move on. We all need to pray for him. Colts decide to move on then I'm fine. Just stop attacking people's character on here. 

28 minutes ago, Steamboat_Shaun said:

Multiple felonies is a bad look, even if they get plead down, I wouldn't be all that surprised to see him get cut. 

Hope so.... set a precedent now.  I am pretty disappointed in the kid.  Making bad decisions comes with being young at times, but I don't see the need to tolerate it in this case.

Just now, BR-549 said:

Hope so.... set a precedent now.  I am pretty disappointed in the kid.  Making bad decisions comes with being young at times, but I don't see the need to tolerate it in this case.

I agree. Ballard's been saying "If you want to play on this team, you have to earn it," so one would think that this type of behavior won't be tolerated.

8 minutes ago, Steamboat_Shaun said:

I agree. Ballard's been saying "If you want to play on this team, you have to earn it," so one would think that this type of behavior won't be tolerated.

Let's hope so and let's also hope that there is a new found respect and order within the organization now with CB at the helm.  

Not to rub Polian's back, but Bill seemed to demand more from his staff and players in the form of respect, expectations etc.. than what we have seen in the past few years- it was just different.... I think the players had a type of discipline and understanding that made for a good locker room and "team" than they do now, and it translated on and off of the field.  

I am hoping that Mr. Ballard captures some of that same appeal.

3 minutes ago, BR-549 said:

Let's hope so and let's also hope that there is a new found respect and order within the organization now with CB at the helm.  

Not to rub Polian's back, but Bill seemed to demand more from his staff and players in the form of respect, expectations etc.. than what we have seen in the past few years- it was just different.... I think the players had a type of discipline and understanding that made for a good locker room and "team" than they do now, and it translated on and off of the field.  

I am hoping that Mr. Ballard captures some of that same appeal.

A lot of that was Dungy too. As soft-spoken as he was, the players were disciplined on the field, and didn't have off-field issues either.

1 minute ago, Steamboat_Shaun said:

A lot of that was Dungy too. As soft-spoken as he was, the players were disciplined on the field, and didn't have off-field issues either.

100% agree... just a really good team they were...(Polian/ Dungy).  

Fingers crossed, but I don't think we have much to worry about once CB gets a few years to weed out the riffraff.  Not that there is that much, but at least time for players to figure out how its going to be I guess is what I am saying.

On 3/3/2017 at 7:02 AM, NewEra said:

Okay thank you for clarifying that. I was seriously like wth man?!? Lol

On 3/3/2017 at 0:45 AM, NewColtsFan said:

I'd like to take a moment to make one thing very clear about David Parry.....

I am not defending him because he's a Stanford guy.       I don't know if anyone here remembers,  but I was not in favor of the Colts drafting him.     Didn't think he'd be a scheme fit for what we do,   and I personally don't like small, undersized NT's --- even Stanford kids.       Plus,  if Parry is going to be on my team,  he's going to be a quality back-up and NOT the starter on the nose.     But that's just my personal preference.

But I defend Parry because having looked at the details this strikes me as young, dumb and drunk joy ride that went a bit too far.      I don't think this is an offense that should get him cut.      I think he has to make a publicized and public apology to all parties including police.     I think he has to write checks to (1) the cart driver he is said to have punched,  (B) the guy who owned the cart he drove and (C) the person who owned the gate that he smashed into.     He may have to spend a few days in a local jail and he might even have to do 30 days of alcohol rehab.     But that strikes me as the basics and I don't think it has to end with Parry getting cut.

These kind of things happen to young NFL players.    I just don't think it's the kind of thing where this ends with the Colts cutting Parry.

Just my two cents.......

Ya, we will just trade him. lmao

I don't know all the details, we probably never will, but it sounds like an otherwise respectable guy had a drunken frat-boy "bro" moment and went too far in his shenanigans.  (Drunkenly stealing a golf-cart?)  Or maybe his alcohol-fueled emotions got the better of him.  Probably said some dumb $#!+ to the Arizona cops, reminiscent of Boyett the rookie safety when he got arrested in downtown Indy a few years ago.

Either way, he needs to right his wrongs if he hopes to keep playing.

Best-case scenario: He pro-actively pays his debt to society for some (hopefully) minor infractions, serves a short suspension for the NFL, and is back in the lineup when we need him.  Cuz we probably will need him.  We're basically rebuilding almost the entire defense, and he is a solid piece on the DLine.

We had the aforementioned Boyett kick himself off the team before training camp one year.

We had another safety a few years ago get busted in his hometown in the off-season jumping from a car that had guns and drugs in it, and running from the police before eventually being arrested.

Every year, we have that one guy that does some dumb $#!+ (and gets caught).  This year it was Parry.

42 minutes ago, Lucky Colts Fan said:

Why does it seem like dumb $#!+ like this pops up every off-season for the Colts?

Last season, it was D'Qwell Jackson and the Unfortunate Pizza Man.

It's not just for the Colts.      The off-season is Dumb * season all across the NFL.

Young players have huge sums of money and lots of free time and little structure in their lives.    This is the time of year that gives GM's and HC's ulcers!       The off-season is --- for different reasons --- almost as hard on the front office and coaches as the regular season.     All 32 teams worry when the phone rings and they don't recognize the number. 

It's the same for all 32 teams,   not just the Colts.

Just now, NewColtsFan said:

It's not just for the Colts.      The off-season is Dumb * season all across the NFL.

Young players have huge sums of money and lots of free time and little structure in their lives.    This is the time of year that gives GM's and HC's ulcers!       The off-season is --- for different reasons --- almost as hard on the front office and coaches as the regular season.     All 32 teams worry when the phone rings and they don't recognize the number. 

It's the same for all 32 teams,   not just the Colts.

You're right, I work with a former football coach, and he told me that he had to tell some of his other coaching buddies, some of whom were coaching college programs, "You have to recruit some risky players if you want to compete.  You're going to miss on some, but you have to take the risk if you want to compete."

It's the same at every level, high school, college, NFL.  You have to take risks on some players, but who knew David Parry was one of those risks?

Also, let's be fair (or unfair, depending on how you look at it), if this was Gronk (pending further details) I doubt there would be multiple felonies.  More like multiple selfies and a viral youtube video.

Hey, I hear ya!

I'm a Stanford guy and I can tell you that all my Stanford friends are in complete disbelief over this.

Seriously.

Stanford guys almost never do stuff like this......     Not that they're choir boys,  but this was some seriously stupid stuff.    And,  no surprise,  it was fueled by alcohol.      

This is not like David Parry.     I suspect Stanford Coach David Parry has called him and had a long hard talk with him.

But the off-season is a time when stuff happens, and a lot of that stuff is.....  stupid and bad.