Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

How would you feel about Jimbo Fisher?

Pacergeek

He has done an outstanding job replacing a legendary coach, Bobby Bowden, at Florida St. He passionate about coaching and teaching his players about football and about life in general. I think the players would respond very well to his coaching and motivational methods. Should Irsay pull the trigger?

26 minutes ago, Jules said:

How about Jeff Fisher? I think he always had a thing for us.

BTW hell no to a man called "Jimbo". If we go the funny name route I want Jim Bob Cooter by far.

Mhmm, or perhaps splice them into one super clone named Jimbo Bob Cooter Fisher. 

3 hours ago, VocableLoki said:

In general, I would think we should look towards established coaches more than a high risk/reward guy. We want to maximize Luck's upcoming prime years.

Which is why we need to tell Nick Saban or Jim Harbaugh, "Name your price."

9 minutes ago, ReMeDy said:

Which is why we need to tell Nick Saban or Jim Harbaugh, "Name your price."

Why not both? Make Jim Harbaugh the HC, and Nick Saban the Defensive Coordinator. Get both of their input on players from Michigan and Alabama during the draft and who they think they could work with at the NFL level. Keep Philbin as the Offensive Lineman coach and hire a new Offensive Coordinator.

34 minutes ago, Jared Cisneros said:

Why not both? Make Jim Harbaugh the HC, and Nick Saban the Defensive Coordinator. Get both of their input on players from Michigan and Alabama during the draft and who they think they could work with at the NFL level. Keep Philbin as the Offensive Lineman coach and hire a new Offensive Coordinator.

Saban would never leave to be a DC

Just now, Colts_Fan12 said:

Saban would never leave to be a DC

If he wins the national championship again in Alabama, he'll have nothing else to accomplish. He'll have won it multiple times, and have done by going undefeated this year. If we pay him enough, he could do it. Just have him name his price. I don't want him as the coach, because he'll utilize a power run game and not use luck to his full potential. He knows defense, use him to his strength. Jim Harbaugh has head coaching experience in the NFL and has had success, let him be coach. I'm sure the two would love to work together and could feed off each other's energy.

2 hours ago, Malakai432 said:

Mhmm, or perhaps splice them into one super clone named Jimbo Bob Cooter Fisher. 

With a name like that, does that mean actor Billy Bob [Thorton] would become INDY's biggest celebrity fan if Irsay hired either Jim Bob Cooter or Jimbo Bob next yr just for comic relief?  

Billy Bob can do reenactments of Karl from the movie 'Sling Blade' on the sidelines whenever INDY scores a touchdown. "I like them French fried  potaters. MMM. Hmmm." I reckon I like 6 points in the blue end zone. Do it again. 

It's late & I'm in a goofy mood. LOL! 

3 hours ago, Jules said:

How about Jeff Fisher? I think he always had a thing for us.

Yeah, Jeff does remind you of a needy person who without QB Steve McNair on his resume, NFL enthusiasts would be like Fisher who? Okay, Vince Young had some early success in Tennessee as well, but that was short-lived & never led to another SB either. 

If he gets another head coaching gig, he's got compromising photos of whatever owner hired him. 

4 hours ago, Jared Cisneros said:

If he wins the national championship again in Alabama, he'll have nothing else to accomplish. He'll have won it multiple times, and have done by going undefeated this year. If we pay him enough, he could do it. Just have him name his price. I don't want him as the coach, because he'll utilize a power run game and not use luck to his full potential. He knows defense, use him to his strength. Jim Harbaugh has head coaching experience in the NFL and has had success, let him be coach. I'm sure the two would love to work together and could feed off each other's energy.

Neither are coming here,   certainly not as a DC..

5 hours ago, Jared Cisneros said:

saban makes more than a lot of nfl head coachs do right now

the average DC makes 600k.  it will never happen unless he gets fired

harbaugh would be my first choice for head coach, but he seems happy in Michigan

there isnt much more we can do to convince him to come here, hes making nfl money already too

9 hours ago, Jared Cisneros said:

No way how that happens. In theory it works. But two big personalities like that would never work. 

4 hours ago, jvan1973 said:

Why not resurrect Bill Walsh to be the OC?  Then resurrect Vince Lombardi to be the head coach.   Then get Belichick to be the assistant to the DB coach

Ah yes, I forgot you are Chuck's buddy and like things the way they are now. Get over yourself.

4 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

I wouldn't mind seeing Chuck replaced,  but some of the suggestions are completely *ic .  Saban as DC?  Really??

I was half joking, because I'm frustrated with not hearing an answer and I was venting. I didn't expect anyone to take it this seriously. Just a fantasy, ok. It is true that I don't want Saban as coach though, because he's a run-first guy. We'd have to draft an rb 1st round, and Luck would be underutilized. I'm sick of Pagano being coach, and Irsay is keeping us all in the dark. We're all a little out of our minds right now.

The only two college head coaches that would be worth a shot are Harbaugh and Saban, and neither one is likely at all. Otherwise, our search should stay in the NFL.

While I think it may have been a bit tongue in cheek, I actually think Jim Bob Cooter wouldn't be a bad choice with how well Detroit's offense has done this year immediately following Calvin Johnson's retirement. He has somewhat re-invented Matt Stafford. Plus, I just personally really want an offensive mind to be HC.

12 hours ago, southwest1 said:

With a name like that, does that mean actor Billy Bob [Thorton] would become INDY's biggest celebrity fan if Irsay hired either Jim Bob Cooter or Jimbo Bob next yr just for comic relief?  

Billy Bob can do reenactments of Karl from the movie 'Sling Blade' on the sidelines whenever INDY scores a touchdown. "I like them French fried  potaters. MMM. Hmmm." I reckon I like 6 points in the blue end zone. Do it again. 

It's late & I'm in a goofy mood. LOL! 

Now that's funny..lol