Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Lucks celebration at the end.

Trace Pyott

It was an awesome drive and I have to say when I saw how pumped Andrew was, it made me smile.

Some people seem to have a lot of rules as to when need more NEGATIVE emotion directed at players and also restrict when and if players are allowed to be pumped up.

I don't think we need those rules.  

Why? Luck if throwing a TD pass in the last 10 seconds of a game that you were down 17-0 to a team that belongs on Comedy Central, if that is cause to celebrate then you need to up you self expectations. Brady threw 28 TD's with 2 interceptions, what is your ratio? Your stats might be that of a winner but you have shown you are not a winner and won't be until your team wins a SB. That is the measuring stick in the NFL like it or not. Your ongoing inability to distinguish between Colt receivers from those defensive players is wearing thin. If you are better than all this when might we see proof of it?

13 hours ago, Trace Pyott said:

Does anyone have a gif of him running down the sidelines pumping his fist(I guess that's what you call it lol)? In a season that totally disappointed it was one of my favorite things that happened this year. I dunno he just looked extremely goofy running down the field full speed pumping his fist like we won the super bowl. Luck is such a goofy guy but he's our goofy guy and I wouldn't change him except for some of his decision on field but that's a different matter. What did you guys think? Did it make you chuckle like it made me? I like seeing some fire and excitement from our qb. We need more of it.

I like it, too

It was an emotional day..with Frank Gore and Robert Mathis and their situations...

....The younger players (Andrew is still one) wanted to win for the old guys

1 hour ago, King Colt said:

Why? Luck if throwing a TD pass in the last 10 seconds of a game that you were down 17-0 to a team that belongs on Comedy Central, if that is cause to celebrate then you need to up you self expectations. Brady threw 28 TD's with 2 interceptions, what is your ratio? Your stats might be that of a winner but you have shown you are not a winner and won't be until your team wins a SB. That is the measuring stick in the NFL like it or not. Your ongoing inability to distinguish between Colt receivers from those defensive players is wearing thin. If you are better than all this when might we see proof of it?

So unless your team wins the SB, the QB is a loser? Man I feel sorry for Dan Marino then.

12 hours ago, Coltsman1788 said:

Nicely said.

Thanks. Yeah I put Chuck in the middle of the pack much like I do Grigson, somewhere between 16-20. They aren't close to Top 10 though and that's what everyone wants in here. It's the expectations of the team is why some people say they are Bad. There are several teams that would want both actually such as Buffalo, NY Jets, San Diego, Cleveland, Jacksonville, LA Rams, SF 49ers, Chicago, - all of these teams are dumpster fires regarding Coaching/Management and would bow down if Chuck and Grigson came to town. Both have had their ups and downs but in 5 seasons have a record of 52 Wins/34 Losses that is Playoffs included. If you credit Arians for the 9-3 in 2012, Chuck is still 43-31. I am not really defending these guys but they are from the worse combo like some people Post relentlessly. Coaching wise, Chuck is better than Coaches like Marvin Lewis, Mularkey from Tennessee, and Gruden from Washington as well IMO, he has more Playoff wins than all 3 of those coaches combined!

2 minutes ago, 2006Coltsbestever said:

Thanks. Yeah I put Chuck in the middle of the pack much like I do Grigson, somewhere between 16-20. They aren't close to Top 10 though and that's what everyone wants in here. It's the expectations of the team is why some people say they are Bad. There are several teams that would want both actually such as Buffalo, NY Jets, San Diego, Cleveland, Jacksonville, LA Rams, SF 49ers, Chicago, - all of these teams are dumpster fires regarding Coaching/Management and would bow down if Chuck and Grigson came to town. Both have had their ups and downs but in 5 seasons have a record of 52 Wins/34 Losses that is Playoffs included. If you credit Arians for the 9-3 in 2012, Chuck is still 43-31. I am not really defending these guys but they are from the worse combo like some people Post relentlessly. Coaching wise, Chuck is better than Coaches like Marvin Lewis, Mularkey from Tennessee, and Gruden from Washington as well IMO, he has more Playoff wins than all 3 of those coaches combined!

I can respect that.

13 hours ago, IinD said:

Honestly, I can't wait until Ben and Brady are gone. Looks like they're bleeding into the Luck years...go away, you definitely screwed up enough potential Colts victories over the years.

Sorry, had to rant when I saw those team names.

After they leave we got Carr and Marcus 

8 hours ago, King Colt said:

Lol, so he can't celebrate or show emotion with a comeback win unless he has a Super Bowl ring? Silly.

8 hours ago, King Colt said:

Translation please?

Way too excited to beat the lowly Jags and go 8-8 (a losing season).  And they didn't make the playoffs 2 years in a row.  Exactly why was he acting like he just won a Superbowl?  Maybe because he understands with Pagano as head coach that is as close as they will get.  This whole Organization has become an embarrassment.  For those of you saying it could be worse, we would be Cleveland, we are heading that way each an every minute Irsay keeps these clowns in charge.  And it appears next year will be another year of mediocrity.

31 minutes ago, Hooksalot said:

Way too excited to beat the lowly Jags and go 8-8 (a losing season).  And they didn't make the playoffs 2 years in a row.  Exactly why was he acting like he just won a Superbowl?  Maybe because he understands with Pagano as head coach that is as close as they will get.  This whole Organization has become an embarrassment.  For those of you saying it could be worse, we would be Cleveland, we are heading that way each an every minute Irsay keeps these clowns in charge.  And it appears next year will be another year of mediocrity.

How is that as close as they will get to the superbowl when the team was in the AFCCG two years ago?    Don't let facts get in the way of your off base statement though

37 minutes ago, Hooksalot said:

Just don't understand this. Would you rather he slouch off the field with his head down, muttering "it's only the Jaguars?" I want my QB working like every game is important, Brady goes ballistic when they score any touchdown, no matter how inconsequential. Love the fire from Andrew.

5 minutes ago, VocableLoki said:

Just don't understand this. Would you rather he slouch off the field with his head down, muttering "it's only the Jaguars?" I want my QB working like every game is important, Brady goes ballistic when they score any touchdown, no matter how inconsequential. Love the fire from Andrew.

Sure, then they can all call out how he lacks the fire, and isn't a leader.

Nothing like a longer off season than usual.

Next up? Poor performances by Colts players at the Pro Bowl. Can't wait.

I wish they'd move the draft up again.

24 minutes ago, jvan1973 said:

How is that as close as they will get to the superbowl when the team was in the AFCCG two years ago?    Don't let facts get in the way of your off base statement though

If you think getting beat, no tromped by NE was a team close to winning a SB then i have nothing to say.  That is delusional.  They are mediocre.  Have been since pagano got here and will be until he leaves.  I am so tired of all the 11 win garbage.  They won 6 in their division each year and went 5-5 outside the division.  Now they are going 3-3 in the division and 5-5 outside the division.  MEDICORE is all this team has been for 5 years.  Time for some on here to wake up.

20 minutes ago, VocableLoki said:

No, I wouldn't have minded a fist pump, but both him and Pagano looked like they just won the Super Bowl.  They were overly excited to beat a crappy team in a crappy division and finish 8-8.  It's absolutely embarrassing.

5 minutes ago, Hooksalot said:

If you think getting beat, no tromped by NE was a team close to winning a SB then i have nothing to say.  That is delusional.  They are mediocre.  Have been since pagano got here and will be until he leaves.  I am so tired of all the 11 win garbage.  They won 6 in their division each year and went 5-5 outside the division.  Now they are going 3-3 in the division and 5-5 outside the division.  MEDICORE is all this team has been for 5 years.  Time for some on here to wake up.

But you admit your previous statement was false

Imagine someone enjoying what they do, and showing emotion about it. Just no place in this world for such an embarrassing show of happiness. What was I thinking, by really enjoying that. Right, I'm off to think about how to rip TY for not winning the Super Bowl for us, and only being the top NFL receiver in yards......

9 hours ago, King Colt said:

You called him a loser not me. By the way, what is Marino's deepest regret?

9 hours ago, King Colt said:

You called him a loser not me. By the way, what is Marino's deepest regret?

I didn't call anyone a loser, I was asking you a question because your original Post said "your stats might be that of a winner but you have shown you are not a winner and wont be until your team wins a SB". That was your words. You are basically saying any QB is a loser unless they win a SB aren't you? Yes Marino's deepest regret is not winning a SB but it still doesn't mean he wasn't a winner IMO. He won a ton of games and was a Great QB.

You folks that rant against the celebration...i just don't think you get the mindset of an athlete.

This was a disappointing season - that I don't think anyone will disagree with.  This was also a disappointing game going into that last drive.  I don't think many people had much hope they'd pull it out.  The team showed a lot of character going out and getting the win in that final drive.  This is the way they were going to finish the season and they went out with a win - a very dramatic win.  They were going to have this disappointment with them the whole offseason.  Instead, they pull it out in the final seconds.  What athlete wouldn't be pumped up about that??  Seriously??  You're going to tell them they're TOO  HAPPY???   Hahahaha...yeah, right!

Keep it in perspective, folks.  Yeah, it was a win against the lowly Jags, and our season was not a great one, but it was a nice way to end the season.  We have a long way to go to get to the SB, but we can't stop celebrating these types of wins.

4 minutes ago, MB-ColtsFan said:

You folks that rant against the celebration...i just don't think you get the mindset of an athlete.

This was a disappointing season - that I don't think anyone will disagree with.  This was also a disappointing game going into that last drive.  I don't think many people had much hope they'd pull it out.  The team showed a lot of character going out and getting the win in that final drive.  This is the way they were going to finish the season and they went out with a win - a very dramatic win.  They were going to have this disappointment with them the whole offseason.  Instead, they pull it out in the final seconds.  What athlete wouldn't be pumped up about that??  Seriously??  You're going to tell them they're TOO  HAPPY???   Hahahaha...yeah, right!

Keep it in perspective, folks.  Yeah, it was a win against the lowly Jags, and our season was not a great one, but it was a nice way to end the season.  We have a long way to go to get to the SB, but we can't stop celebrating these types of wins.

Very well said. As if there ain't enough bad stuff happening in our world these days, people get bent out of shape over a bit of entertainment......goodness.....

On 1/1/2017 at 11:32 PM, Trace Pyott said:

Does anyone have a gif of him running down the sidelines pumping his fist(I guess that's what you call it lol)? In a season that totally disappointed it was one of my favorite things that happened this year. I dunno he just looked extremely goofy running down the field full speed pumping his fist like we won the super bowl. Luck is such a goofy guy but he's our goofy guy and I wouldn't change him except for some of his decision on field but that's a different matter. What did you guys think? Did it make you chuckle like it made me? I like seeing some fire and excitement from our qb. We need more of it.

He is goofy as ___!
 He knows leading with Enthusiasm is always a good plan. And so is Winning! LOL
 If he could just learn to keep the ____ ball down and think more like A Rogers. Then he would be really something.